Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maddenf

Amazon Prime

2 minutes ago, Fishboy said:

Although not the best deal, decided to grab the Fire TV, which is prime eligible only to be provided a delivery date of 8/3-8/4.  Why bother putting these on sale if you don't even have any left in stock? 

Because they want all of these Amazon products (TV, tablet, stick) in as many hands as possible so better for them to keep offering them for sale today, when most people are checking the site, and deliver when they can. 

On the waitlist for the TCL TV....hope I get it. The Kitchen TV needs to be replaced and this would be perfect.

36 minutes ago, Notorious T.R.E. said:

Love that you can order a 65" tv on Prime Now. :lmao:

I NEED THAT TV DELIVERED NOW

:lol: Love it.  Just ordered one a couple months ago thru it. You can order a lot of stuff you wouldnt think you could.

Really don't care what they ever raise Prime to as long as they keep Prime Now attached to it. I have zero patience waiting in lines at stores. Worth whatever it costs to avoid having to do that and dealing with traffic. :rant: Greatest company ever and their customer service is 2nd to none.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

:lol: Love it.  Just ordered one a couple months ago thru it. You can order a lot of stuff you wouldnt think you could.

Really don't care what they ever raise Prime to as long as they keep Prime Now attached to it. I have zero patience waiting in lines at stores. Worth whatever it costs to avoid having to do that and dealing with traffic. :rant: Greatest company ever and their customer service is 2nd to none.

Highly recommend this book if you're interested in the company and how they've done things. Excuse the non-Prime Day link.

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Store-Jeff-Bezos-Amazon/dp/0316219282/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468353495&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+book

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Greatest company ever and their customer service is 2nd to none.

37 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Highly recommend this book if you're interested in the company and how they've done things. Excuse the non-Prime Day link.

I not too long ago took a large percentage of my 401K and bought Amazon stock.  We'll see how it turns out.

33 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I not too long ago took a large percentage of my 401K and bought Amazon stock.  We'll see how it turns out.

I do not, however, recommend this. 

• Like 1

Wife's been wanted a hammock, snagged a really nice one this morning for $80. That oughtta shut her up. :) 

16 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Wife's been wanted a hammock, snagged a really nice one this morning for $80. That oughtta shut her up. :) 

Is it for bananas?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

I need a new fitbit...any mention of those in there tomorrow?

$30 off a fitbit alta bundle on prime day spotlight.

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

$30 off a fitbit alta bundle on prime day spotlight.

yea saw that...it still makes it $130ish i think which is more then i wanted to spend....but so far I have not bought much today so I might be able to justify it

45 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Sounds like you're confusing a hammock and a body bag.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, lumpy19 said:

Where are these? Did I miss them? I need the 40 inch for my kitchen

5 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

40 inch for 139 up now. 

FYI for I was looking at the TCL 32" for 119, got on the waiting list and the TV is 119 AFTER the deal ended. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00SG473S4/ref=gbps_img_m-5_6a07_696600ba?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=e8290415-a5f1-47d2-9127-bfaea6866a07&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=T8EBW7XHR2FSMFAK3YAV

Seems a bit shady to me, during the deal it was 259.99 marked down to 119, now it's 169 down to 119.

Edited by Hawks64

actually...last year was better...and thats not good. 

All in I was about $250 last year on various little stuff...this year only about $30

15 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Fast and furious 1-7 Blue ray + digital.  $34.99

Seems like they should pay me more to own that

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Does anyone even have a DVD player anymore?  I gave mine up over a year ago.  It's a dying medium.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

Does anyone even have a DVD player anymore?  I gave mine up over a year ago.  It's a dying medium.

Sony killed optical media when they torpedoed HD-DVD then  effectively forced anyone who wanted a Blu Ray player to buy a PS3. Same geniuses who missed the boat on MP3 players to "protect" their record/movie businesses.

Also the clowns who killed BetaMax by sending ALL THE PRON business to VHS.

9 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

I don't but you also get digital copies with FF deal posted above.

21 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

not a fan myself but seems like a lot of FBG are

1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

Fast and furious 1-7 Blue ray + digital.  $34.99

Nice. Order3d!!!!

Great surround movie

Got the fire tablet for $33. Figured why the hell not. Gotta be better than my iPad 2 which is like a brick right now. I just use for internet, YouTube, netflix, etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Which one? I saw was the crap nylon ones. We've been looking for a nice one for the back yard. Saw nothing of interest in the sale.

I spent 5 minutes looking through deals and didn't see anything good. What a fricken joke

Thought they had some nice deals for people who are loyal to amazon, although some of it was targeted.  10% cash back store card users. $30 of 150 for amazon rewards.  20% off one wharehouse deal order coupon.  Free 10.00 giftcard for 50.00 giftcard purchase.  Got a nice used phone with 20% off coupon plus 10% cash back. Snagged 2 25 giftcards to be used as gifts and got a nice Lego tie fighter deal.  Pretty nice savings. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, johnnyrock62000 said:

What were the Prime codes again? I should've written them down. Tia. 

Found it. Visa30 for $30 off with Amazon Visa. Also the $10 GC with $50 GC deal. 

21 minutes ago, None_More_Black said:

Thought they had some nice deals for people who are loyal to amazon, although some of it was targeted.  10% cash back store card users. $30 of 150 for amazon rewards.  20% off one wharehouse deal order coupon.  Free 10.00 giftcard for 50.00 giftcard purchase.  Got a nice used phone with 20% off coupon plus 10% cash back. Snagged 2 25 giftcards to be used as gifts and got a nice Lego tie fighter deal.  Pretty nice savings. 

Sometimes I would just check for things to put on my wish list and boom! the prices would suddenly drop to 70% off in a few minutes.  It happens so often that it gets a little spooky.  Needless to say, I was a sucker for a good bargain.

Edited by Rohn Jambo

@tomgara: Sad that Prime Day has become all about mindless shopping rather than commemorating the birth of Optimus Prime.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Rohn Jambo said:

Sometimes I would just check for things to put on my wish list and boom! the prices would suddenly drop to 70% off in a few minutes.  It happens so often that it gets a little spooky.  Needless to say, I was a sucker for a good bargain.

This has never happened to me.

7 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

FYI for I was looking at the TCL 32" for 119, got on the waiting list and the TV is 119 AFTER the deal ended. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00SG473S4/ref=gbps_img_m-5_6a07_696600ba?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=e8290415-a5f1-47d2-9127-bfaea6866a07&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=T8EBW7XHR2FSMFAK3YAV

Seems a bit shady to me, during the deal it was 259.99 marked down to 119, now it's 169 down to 119.

TCL? 

Got the Nexus 6p 64 gb for $444 after CA taxes. I was about to buy the 128 gb version for $526, but they sold out!!!

I'm currently on the Nexus 5 (2014) so this will be a nice upgrade. I was deciding between a Nexus 6p or S7 Edge but with the 64 gb version ~$300 less than a non-contract S7 Edge now I felt it was worth it. I tried snagging the S7 edge off craigslist for about $550-$600, but those sellers didn't want to meet at a T-Mobile store, provided a bad IMEI, and/or didn't want to provide a IMEI at all. 

Edited by Charlie Harper

After wanting to find more, especially a 65-70" Vizio, this is all it came down to for me. 

• SanDisk 256Gb Cruzer Glide USB 2.0 Flash Drive 
  • SanDisk UltraFit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
  • SanDisk UltraFit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
  • SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

$126 - $41 = $85

Was it worthwhile at all? I was on the road all yesterday and had no time to check. I did not really make it a priority since last year seemed like a bunch of junk being offered. I was wondering if they learned their lesson and presented stuff that would actually be exciting.

20 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

Was it worthwhile at all? I was on the road all yesterday and had no time to check. I did not really make it a priority since last year seemed like a bunch of junk being offered. I was wondering if they learned their lesson and presented stuff that would actually be exciting.

Last year's Prime Day nearly doubled their average daily sales volume to about $400MM, and early reports are that this year increased another 50% to the $600MM range. So, yeah they did.

• Like 1

My wife was able to get a $168 jacket for $8.  I picked up the Fire Stick for $25.  I think she won.

57 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Last year's Prime Day nearly doubled their average daily sales volume to about $400MM, and early reports are that this year increased another 50% to the $600MM range. So, yeah they did.

I remember an awful lot of attention brought up with how disappointing the offerings were last year to an embarrassing level. If a business only looks at numbers when planning that business will miss opportunity. Case in point- myself. Last year, I was excited about seeing what they were going to do and spent a lot of my time that day checking it out. This year? Not at all excited, could have made time yesterday but didn't and did not buy anything = lost opportunity. I can not be alone in that. So, sure, last year they moved a ton of junk and increased sales but then what is their cost of lost opportunity?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnnyrock62000 said:

Found it. Visa30 for $30 off with Amazon Visa.

Went to use this last night (930 central; well within time limits) and they said deal was expired.  I asked customer service what was up and they claimed they are allowed to change the terms at any point they want and they did so yesterday.  Pretty lame for any company esp. Amazon.

I'm not 'outraged' by any stretch of imagination, but I thought this was weak move.

• Like 2

I checked in last night for about 30 minutes but didn't find it all that enticing although I almost did pull the trigger on the toilet seat night light.

• Like 2

Tried to buy a board game last night.  Clicked on it the second it started and it was 100% claimed.   :rant: