What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

JoeSteeler said:
I wish there was a way to sort the giveaways by $ amount or category. 
you can sign up for notifications and only get notifications for giveaways of a certain value, certain odds of winning, or both.

For a split second I thought the car on the giveaway was real and not a remote controlled one.  :lmao:  That will teach me to do this on my phone at work.

Bull Dozier said:
Why?  Did you think the odds would be better?
It's not dramatically off from where I thought it was, but after doing a few dozen of these, it struck me "do I really want to do this 4,000 times just to get another set of headphones or yoga mat?"  to each his own. 

It's not dramatically off from where I thought it was, but after doing a few dozen of these, it struck me "do I really want to do this 4,000 times just to get another set of headphones or yoga mat?"  to each his own. 
OK, makes sense.  I typically am entering these when I'm somewhere wasting time anyway, so I don't look at it as much of a time investment.  That said I understand not everyone has the same amount of time to waste.

Anyone used them for iPhone repair? Got a guy coming to my house on Friday to fix my moronic son's iPhone screen. $90, if they can't fix the device its's nothing.

If Jessup can keep posting the good ones I’m fine just entering those. Thanks NRJ!
Download the Amazon Shopping App.  On the menu on the home page, go to Today's Deals.  Scroll down until you see the banner for "Chance to win daily prizes".  Touch it to go to the list of big giveaways.

Was planning on just grabbing another Fire stick to replace one of the originals that has been acting crappy (still an awesome price at $19) but going to give a Fire TV a chance to impress me with its higher speeds at only $35.

Was planning on just grabbing another Fire stick to replace one of the originals that has been acting crappy (still an awesome price at $19) but going to give a Fire TV a chance to impress me with its higher speeds at only $35.
Is this the one to get if also installing Kodi?  This would replace two devices on my current TV (chromecast and a raspberry pi) and also give me amazon prime video. 

Is this the one to get if also installing Kodi?  This would replace two devices on my current TV (chromecast and a raspberry pi) and also give me amazon prime video. 
Yes.  The newest of the new is the Fire TV Cube 89.99 (25% off)

Firesticks $19.99 (50% off)

HD 4000K Fire TV 35.99 (50% off)

Add a HD OTA Antenna to the Fire TV for another $5 - 39.99 (56% off)

Yes.  The newest of the new is the Fire TV Cube 89.99 (25% off)

Firesticks $19.99 (50% off)

HD 4000K Fire TV 35.99 (50% off)

Add a HD OTA Antenna to the Fire TV for another $5 - 39.99 (56% off)
I think I'm going HD Fire TV and echo dot for $60.  Not bad considering the dot is generally $40 on it's own. 

According to camelcamelcamel every other time the 4K FireTV went on sale it was for $49.  $35 is a great price as it looks like they're making way for the Cube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going HD Fire TV and echo dot for $60.  Not bad considering the dot is generally $40 on it's own. 
Adding the Echo dot adds what? Does that allow the voice control via Alexa for other components? I want to get a few of the Fire TVs (likely just the stick) so I don’t have to move my old Apple TV around to watch stuff like HBO Go which I have free via AT&T and so I can replace an old Roku. 

Adding the Echo dot adds what? Does that allow the voice control via Alexa for other components?
Yeah, it does.  I already have the larger amazon smart speaker in the kitchen/main living room - so I can use that with the new fire TV.  I'll use the dot downstairs as a smart streaming device on the stereo I have that goes out to the deck.  I also have a smart logitech multiremote there, so the dot makes that voice activated as well. 

Adding the Echo dot adds what? Does that allow the voice control via Alexa for other components? I want to get a few of the Fire TVs (likely just the stick) so I don’t have to move my old Apple TV around to watch stuff like HBO Go which I have free via AT&T and so I can replace an old Roku. 
The dot works just like the echo, except, it uses bluetooth to output to speakers instead of the stock speaker in the echo.

The dot works just like the echo, except, it uses bluetooth to output to speakers instead of the stock speaker in the echo.
Well, it has it's own much smaller speaker, so you can use it as a stand alone unit.  It also, more importantly to my install, has a basic 3.5mm aux audio output, so I can connect it directly to an input on my stereo. 

Was looking at the fire stick because I didn't spend for a smart TV.  I really just need Prime Video, Netflix, and Youtube, but it seems the fire sticks don't have an app for youtube anymore?  can anyone confirm?  One of the reviews said to go with Roku. 

I could care less except for the fact that the fire stick is on sale right now.

Was looking at the fire stick because I didn't spend for a smart TV.  I really just need Prime Video, Netflix, and Youtube, but it seems the fire sticks don't have an app for youtube anymore?  can anyone confirm?  One of the reviews said to go with Roku. 

Youtube got pulled around the first of the year.   But if you're planning on installing Kodi, you can install a YT addon in that.  Can't do Kodi on Roku.

They "blocked" the youtube app but amazon just runs it's through their silk browser.   It's is seemless.   You still get the youtube, app square icon, when you click on it, it asks to run it through the silk browser.   Click yes and it's the same thing.

https://www.groovypost.com/news/youtube-fire-tv-now-redirects-to-silk-or-firefox-web-browser/

Last edited by a moderator:

Youtube got pulled around the first of the year.   But if you're planning on installing Kodi, you can install a YT addon in that.  Can't do Kodi on Roku.
my buddy sent me this link over the weekend - haven't tried it yet so YMMV

How to Install YouTube on FireStick / Fire TV

I just got 2 of the Fire HD 10 Tablets - My 4yo dominates our much more expensive iPad, and his little sister is going to want her own soon.  They basically watch Netflix.  At $99 each, they can each have one and I won't worry about "what if they jump on it and break it" as much.

Users who are viewing this thread