Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maddenf

Amazon Prime

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, matttyl said:

I switched cell phone carriers.  The new carrier (Comcast/Xfinity) gave me a gift card for $200 because I did it during a promotion they were having.  Says $200 / promotional right on the front of it.

sweet, I'm going to do this when I get mine for being a new Comcast customer :thumbup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

sweet, I'm going to do this when I get mine for being a new Comcast customer :thumbup:

I honestly don't understand how they're making money at this.  They gave me $200 to come on board with them bringing my already owned phones with me (leaving Verizon, who they are leasing the same towers/antennas from - so I have identical service here).  They charge me $12/m per gig that my wife and I used combined.  We use less than 2 (she works from home, I have wifi in office).  Been with them for months and cumulatively our bills haven't yet added up to $200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matttyl said:

I honestly don't understand how they're making money at this.  They gave me $200 to come on board with them bringing my already owned phones with me (leaving Verizon, who they are leasing the same towers/antennas from - so I have identical service here).  They charge me $12/m per gig that my wife and I used combined.  We use less than 2 (she works from home, I have wifi in office).  Been with them for months and cumulatively our bills haven't yet added up to $200.

I have my data turned off since 95% of the time I'm somewhere that I can get wifi and I only turn it on when I need to. I've only had one month in a year and a half where I went over 100 megs (less than that and there's no data charge), so all I generally pay are the gov't regulation fees of about $3/month.

Edited by apalmer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, apalmer said:

I have my data turned off since 95% of the time I'm somewhere that I can get wifi and I only turn it on when I need to. I've only had one month in a year and a half where I went over 100 megs (less than that and there's no data charge), so all I generally pay are the gov't regulation fees of about $3/month.

I didn't know that!  Challenge accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 11:10 PM, cap'n grunge said:

I ended up getting yet another firestick, this time the 4k one, for my main TV. I guess you can link your Echo to your firestick and the Ring Doorbell. Then you just say Alexa show me my front door and it will come up on your TV.

The Echo Show 5 looks like it might make a good upstairs bedroom device though.

I'm new to all this "smart" tech and am learning.

Had trouble hooking up ring doorbell to existing wiring. Made my mechanical bell buzz constantly. Looks like maybe too much current? Google say you can put some sort of dampener on it but I'm no electrician. Hooked the old button back up which was a pain because the wire kept breaking and I kept pulling extra wire down and then too much so I couldn't shove it back into wall. Ended up cutting a bunch off and having just enough to hook old bell switch back up. Hung the Ring directly above it and ordered a chime. In 6-12 months when I have to charge the battery it will be a pain because existing button is in way of sliding battery out.

Edited by cap'n grunge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 11:12 AM, matttyl said:

I honestly don't understand how they're making money at this.  They gave me $200 to come on board with them bringing my already owned phones with me (leaving Verizon, who they are leasing the same towers/antennas from - so I have identical service here).  They charge me $12/m per gig that my wife and I used combined.  We use less than 2 (she works from home, I have wifi in office).  Been with them for months and cumulatively our bills haven't yet added up to $200.

They’re not making money on wireless.  They’re losing , alot

How do you like xfinity wireless compared to Verizon? Is it really 45 for unlimited or are there added fees that they don’t advertise?

 

Edited by Cowboysfan8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

They’re not making money on wireless.  They’re losing , alot

How do you like xfinity wireless compared to Verizon? Is it really 45 for unlimited or are there added fees that they don’t advertise?

Compared to verizon - at least in my area it's identical.  They are using the same towers, antennas.  When it comes to coverage, I only use data for voice and and very limited actual data for things like looking up an item on Amazon or social media stuff - I don't stream video/music, so I've been happy with it.  Last month the wife and I combined for 2.9 gigs, and the bill was $40 ($36 for service and $4 in taxes/fees). 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ex-wife bought kindle paperwhite on prime day, let me borrow for a bit to try it out and now I want one.   I'm one to save a few bucks if its not too much of a hassle so my question is do they put this thing on sale frequently (say within the next month) or am I looking at a much longer wait time (will just buy now if that's the case)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, CGRdrJoe said:

sweet, I'm going to do this when I get mine for being a new Comcast customer :thumbup:

I just did the same thing with comcast and since I was switching phones I got two $250 gift cards sweet.  The bill is also over $30 cheaper a month went from $97 a month to just over $60.  The phones are for my wife and my special needs daughter I still don't own one.  My problem is showing them how to use them because I don't have a clue.  They were using flip phones before.

Edited by rustycolts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

Ex-wife bought kindle paperwhite on prime day, let me borrow for a bit to try it out and now I want one.   I'm one to save a few bucks if its not too much of a hassle so my question is do they put this thing on sale frequently (say within the next month) or am I looking at a much longer wait time (will just buy now if that's the case)?

Cyber Monday, probably, for the next big sale on those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just returned a book I bought on amazon to Kohl’s.   Super easy, they had their own kiosk, so no waiting on the standard along ### return line.  No one on line for them.  They scanned the bar code I printed out, got a full refund and then got a coupon for 25% off 1 item at kohl’s.  Idk if it was a1 time thing, but it’s pretty sweet  

I’m liking this arraignment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

Just returned a book I bought on amazon to Kohl’s.   Super easy, they had their own kiosk, so no waiting on the standard along ### return line.  No one on line for them.  They scanned the bar code I printed out, got a full refund and then got a coupon for 25% off 1 item at kohl’s.  Idk if it was a1 time thing, but it’s pretty sweet  

I’m liking this arraignment.  

What's this now?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, belljr said:

What's this now?

Khol's partnered with Amazon and their stores are now drop off locations for Amazon returns. Best part is there is they do not deduct shipping from the cost now. If I wanted to return before, my refund was less shipping, or I could go to an Amazon locker which none were near my house. Here its drop off and go. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

Khol's partnered with Amazon and their stores are now drop off locations for Amazon returns. Best part is there is they do not deduct shipping from the cost now. If I wanted to return before, my refund was less shipping, or I could go to an Amazon locker which none were near my house. Here its drop off and go. 

That's huge.   I did not know that.   Another convenient thing is that you don't need to package your item or even have a label; they give you a qr code on the website that you just show to the kohl's person.  I'm going to buy something right now just so I can try out this return process.  

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

That's huge.   I did not know that.   Another convenient thing is that you don't need to package your item or even have a label; they give you a qr code on the website that you just show to the kohl's person.  I'm going to buy something right now just so I can try out this return process.  

Yup. They took it unpackaged and put it right in a sealed bag and into one of their bins.  Then a few mins later I got an email saying my refund was processed and card reimbursed.  Super easy.  

Edited by glvsav37

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, glvsav37 said:

Yup. They took it unpackaged and put it right in a sealed bag and into one of their bins.   Super easy.  

I'm so buying that 55 gallon barrel of lube if its eligible for free returns. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

I'm so buying that 55 gallon barrel of lube if its eligible for free returns. 

Why would you WANT to return a gem like that??!! Unless its just to see the look on the poor Kohl's employee's face lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Why would you WANT to return a gem like that??!! Unless its just to see the look on the poor Kohl's employee's face lol 

Just to see their reaction.   I already have one myself.  It takes awhile to go through 55 gallons of lube.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Just to see their reaction.   I already have one myself.  It takes awhile to go through 55 gallons of lube.  

Not really - you must be using it wrong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed at checkout yesterday that I could “Verify” my Amazon Visa Rewards Card and it moved from 3% rewards to 5%. No other action necessary. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 2:12 PM, matttyl said:
On 7/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, Cowboysfan8 said:

They’re not making money on wireless.  They’re losing , alot

How do you like xfinity wireless compared to Verizon? Is it really 45 for unlimited or are there added fees that they don’t advertise?

Compared to verizon - at least in my area it's identical.  They are using the same towers, antennas.  When it comes to coverage, I only use data for voice and and very limited actual data for things like looking up an item on Amazon or social media stuff - I don't stream video/music, so I've been happy with it.  Last month the wife and I combined for 2.9 gigs, and the bill was $40 ($36 for service and $4 in taxes/fees). 

Been using Xfinity Mobile basically since it started a couple years ago. Bought new phones for a decent rate, got $200 or $300 per line back in Visa Cards. Have used the $12/month for a while for the kids, switched to unlimited this summer for our long bits of traveling. What I like is that you can switch back and forth between the two types mid month. If a kid approaches 3 gig, I switch over. (3.01 gig costs $48 instead of the$45 for unlimited.) I get everything thru Xfinity. Cable, Internet, Phone, Security, and Mobile. I figure they net a bunch from me to make up for the Mobile.

We've never had any trouble with reception.

Edited by Mr. Ected
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, glvsav37 said:

Just returned a book I bought on amazon to Kohl’s.   Super easy, they had their own kiosk, so no waiting on the standard along ### return line.  No one on line for them.  They scanned the bar code I printed out, got a full refund and then got a coupon for 25% off 1 item at kohl’s.  Idk if it was a1 time thing, but it’s pretty sweet  

I’m liking this arraignment.  

Yep.  Also any UPS store works as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but The Boys on Amazon Prime is pretty #######' great. Very adult, and very messed up, but really good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but The Boys on Amazon Prime is pretty #######' great. Very adult, and very messed up, but really good.

:goodposting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Major said:

Yep.  Also any UPS store works as well.  

You have to pay at UPS (or such was my experience the last 3 returns), Kohl's free and easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matuski said:

You have to pay at UPS (or such was my experience the last 3 returns), Kohl's free and easy.

You don’t have to pay at UPS, unless you come in without a box/package. No charge for shipping anytime I’ve done a return. I think earlier someone mentioned they didn’t have to box their return at Kohl’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but The Boys on Amazon Prime is pretty #######' great. Very adult, and very messed up, but really good.

I loved it. Looking forward to the next season. Definitely the downside to binging. You finish so quickly and then have another year or do to wait. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stbugs said:

You don’t have to pay at UPS, unless you come in without a box/package. No charge for shipping anytime I’ve done a return. I think earlier someone mentioned they didn’t have to box their return at Kohl’s. 

I'm saying when they gave me the choice, there was a fee all 3 times for UPS.

The only free option I had was Kohl's.  I had boxes each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

You don’t have to pay at UPS, unless you come in without a box/package. No charge for shipping anytime I’ve done a return. I think earlier someone mentioned they didn’t have to box their return at Kohl’s. 

 

1 hour ago, matuski said:

I'm saying when they gave me the choice, there was a fee all 3 times for UPS.

The only free option I had was Kohl's.  I had boxes each time.

 

I just selected the PS store option for 2 things I need to return and there was no fee-no label-no box needed. This is slightly better then Kohl and closer to my house.....oh boy, this is bad. 

I didn't realize they did a UPS store until I saw it here.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matuski said:

You have to pay at UPS (or such was my experience the last 3 returns), Kohl's free and easy.

No fee for UPS Store on my items (maybe it depends on the item?).  No box or printing needed.  Just bring in the item and barcode.  They handle it.  Many more locations than Kohls so easier for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Return fee or no return fee may be tied to if it was sold by amazon or sold by a 3rd party seller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

Return fee or no return fee may be tied to if it was sold by amazon or sold by a 3rd party seller

It may depend on the reason for the return as well - for some items at least, they’ll charge you return shipping if you just decide you don’t want it, as opposed to them screwing up the order somehow (in which case they’d pay). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, thecatch said:

It may depend on the reason for the return as well - for some items at least, they’ll charge you return shipping if you just decide you don’t want it, as opposed to them screwing up the order somehow (in which case they’d pay). 

Had that on a color laser printer I ordered recently. 

Wanted something like $35 to return it.  I changed my reason to item arrived late and poof - free return shipping label. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, Tecumseh said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but The Boys on Amazon Prime is pretty #######' great. Very adult, and very messed up, but really good.

Yeah really enjoying it so far, only through episode 3. Definitely messed up in some spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Amazon for tons of stuff and I actually got my first refund where I didn’t have to ship back the item and it was still usable (couple others that didn’t fit so throw seats). It actually did arrive late so it wasn’t there for my son to take to college.

It is also awesome that I can ship stuff to my son for free with Prime. He forgot the TI calculator and I realized my soon to be 7th grader needs the same one so he gets the hand me down and I send a new one for free instead of paying through the nose to overnight the old one for his first class. Saves the hassle too. I love Amazon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Yeah really enjoying it so far, only through episode 3. Definitely messed up in some spots.

I’m assuming your past the explosion. It was great. The dolphin scene might have been my favorite. I actually like the Aquaman guy. He’s swarmy and his character isn’t likable, but the scenes he’s in are solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I’m assuming your past the explosion. It was great. The dolphin scene might have been my favorite. I actually like the Aquaman guy. He’s swarmy and his character isn’t likable, but the scenes he’s in are solid.

Yeah, past that already, thought that was hilarious. The breast milk pumping scene has probably been the most "ewww" so far with I am sure more fun to come. But even some of the messed up stuff is so freaking funny, like Pop Claw and her landlord. :lmao: My wife could not watch this show with me, just a little too gritty.

They made The Deep seem like a badass in the first episode but then loved how later on they are like "I asked around, you're just the fish guy." Was wondering who Starlight was because she looked familiar, she was the college track chick from the first season of Jessica Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buckna said:

The breast milk pumping scene has probably been the most "ewww" so far 

You found *that* to be the grossest scene so far?  I’m only three episodes in myself, but that’s a pretty wild take. 

That said, I too am enjoying the show quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thecatch said:

You found *that* to be the grossest scene so far?  I’m only three episodes in myself, but that’s a pretty wild take. 

That said, I too am enjoying the show quite a bit. 

More creepy than gross, if we are talking about the same scene involving Homelander and his x-ray vision. The weird sex stuff and the gore like the exploding people doesn't really both me though, desensitized I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Major said:

No fee for UPS Store on my items (maybe it depends on the item?).  No box or printing needed.  Just bring in the item and barcode.  They handle it.  Many more locations than Kohls so easier for me.  

Wowzers.   I've never seen this before.   Amazon was starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth with the price increases without any changes that I really cared about, but this is huge.   Kohls option was nice but like you said, so many more UPS locations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty cool feature I just found in Prime Video, if you hover over the top left corner, it reveals a pop up that shows the names of the actors in that scene. and some simple trivia nuggets. IDK about you, but I'm always flipping back to IMDB to find out who is in a particular movie or show while I'm watching it. 

Watching "The Boys" now, pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

pretty cool feature I just found in Prime Video, if you hover over the top left corner, it reveals a pop up that shows the names of the actors in that scene. and some simple trivia nuggets. IDK about you, but I'm always flipping back to IMDB to find out who is in a particular movie or show while I'm watching it. 

Watching "The Boys" now, pretty good. 

thanks, I only knew that if you paused the scene then it would do the same thing. Now I can see who the F the hottie is without having to pause.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

thanks, I only knew that if you paused the scene then it would do the same thing. Now I can see who the F the hottie is without having to pause.

GB technology! (thats how i found out too :bag:

Edited by glvsav37
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 12:39 PM, stbugs said:

I use Amazon for tons of stuff and I actually got my first refund where I didn’t have to ship back the item and it was still usable (couple others that didn’t fit so throw seats). It actually did arrive late so it wasn’t there for my son to take to college.

It is also awesome that I can ship stuff to my son for free with Prime. He forgot the TI calculator and I realized my soon to be 7th grader needs the same one so he gets the hand me down and I send a new one for free instead of paying through the nose to overnight the old one for his first class. Saves the hassle too. I love Amazon. 

I once ordered a book that I was going to send to a friend in Germany.  After it arrived, I looked at postage, and it was cheaper to just re-order another copy of the book and have Amazon ship it to him directly.  Duh... I should have thought of that in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

What did you guys pick out for your 10 year Prime member thank you?  I may take the credits but I'm tempted to get one of the salt lamps.

What’s this now?  Although not sure I’ve had prime that long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glvsav37 said:

amazon ended their giveaway program?

yep

Quote

 

Giveaways are available through October 17th

Amazon Giveaway is retiring and would like to thank all customers that entered and participated in giveaways. The last day to enter for a chance to win giveaways is October 17th, 2019.

 

https://www.amazon.com/ga/giveaways/?pageId=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.