What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

Khol's partnered with Amazon and their stores are now drop off locations for Amazon returns. Best part is there is they do not deduct shipping from the cost now. If I wanted to return before, my refund was less shipping, or I could go to an Amazon locker which none were near my house. Here its drop off and go. 
That's huge.   I did not know that.   Another convenient thing is that you don't need to package your item or even have a label; they give you a qr code on the website that you just show to the kohl's person.  I'm going to buy something right now just so I can try out this return process.  

That's huge.   I did not know that.   Another convenient thing is that you don't need to package your item or even have a label; they give you a qr code on the website that you just show to the kohl's person.  I'm going to buy something right now just so I can try out this return process.  
Yup. They took it unpackaged and put it right in a sealed bag and into one of their bins.  Then a few mins later I got an email saying my refund was processed and card reimbursed.  Super easy.  

Last edited by a moderator:
They’re not making money on wireless.  They’re losing , alot

How do you like xfinity wireless compared to Verizon? Is it really 45 for unlimited or are there added fees that they don’t advertise?
Compared to verizon - at least in my area it's identical.  They are using the same towers, antennas.  When it comes to coverage, I only use data for voice and and very limited actual data for things like looking up an item on Amazon or social media stuff - I don't stream video/music, so I've been happy with it.  Last month the wife and I combined for 2.9 gigs, and the bill was $40 ($36 for service and $4 in taxes/fees). 
Been using Xfinity Mobile basically since it started a couple years ago. Bought new phones for a decent rate, got $200 or $300 per line back in Visa Cards. Have used the $12/month for a while for the kids, switched to unlimited this summer for our long bits of traveling. What I like is that you can switch back and forth between the two types mid month. If a kid approaches 3 gig, I switch over. (3.01 gig costs $48 instead of the$45 for unlimited.) I get everything thru Xfinity. Cable, Internet, Phone, Security, and Mobile. I figure they net a bunch from me to make up for the Mobile.

We've never had any trouble with reception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just returned a book I bought on amazon to Kohl’s.   Super easy, they had their own kiosk, so no waiting on the standard along ### return line.  No one on line for them.  They scanned the bar code I printed out, got a full refund and then got a coupon for 25% off 1 item at kohl’s.  Idk if it was a1 time thing, but it’s pretty sweet  

I’m liking this arraignment.  
Yep.  Also any UPS store works as well.  

You have to pay at UPS (or such was my experience the last 3 returns), Kohl's free and easy.
You don’t have to pay at UPS, unless you come in without a box/package. No charge for shipping anytime I’ve done a return. I think earlier someone mentioned they didn’t have to box their return at Kohl’s. 

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but The Boys on Amazon Prime is pretty #######' great. Very adult, and very messed up, but really good.
I loved it. Looking forward to the next season. Definitely the downside to binging. You finish so quickly and then have another year or do to wait. 

You don’t have to pay at UPS, unless you come in without a box/package. No charge for shipping anytime I’ve done a return. I think earlier someone mentioned they didn’t have to box their return at Kohl’s. 
I'm saying when they gave me the choice, there was a fee all 3 times for UPS.

The only free option I had was Kohl's.  I had boxes each time.

I'm saying when they gave me the choice, there was a fee all 3 times for UPS.

The only free option I had was Kohl's.  I had boxes each time.

I just selected the PS store option for 2 things I need to return and there was no fee-no label-no box needed. This is slightly better then Kohl and closer to my house.....oh boy, this is bad. 

I didn't realize they did a UPS store until I saw it here.

You have to pay at UPS (or such was my experience the last 3 returns), Kohl's free and easy.
No fee for UPS Store on my items (maybe it depends on the item?).  No box or printing needed.  Just bring in the item and barcode.  They handle it.  Many more locations than Kohls so easier for me.  

Return fee or no return fee may be tied to if it was sold by amazon or sold by a 3rd party seller
It may depend on the reason for the return as well - for some items at least, they’ll charge you return shipping if you just decide you don’t want it, as opposed to them screwing up the order somehow (in which case they’d pay). 

It may depend on the reason for the return as well - for some items at least, they’ll charge you return shipping if you just decide you don’t want it, as opposed to them screwing up the order somehow (in which case they’d pay). 
Had that on a color laser printer I ordered recently. 

Wanted something like $35 to return it.  I changed my reason to item arrived late and poof - free return shipping label. 

I use Amazon for tons of stuff and I actually got my first refund where I didn’t have to ship back the item and it was still usable (couple others that didn’t fit so throw seats). It actually did arrive late so it wasn’t there for my son to take to college.

It is also awesome that I can ship stuff to my son for free with Prime. He forgot the TI calculator and I realized my soon to be 7th grader needs the same one so he gets the hand me down and I send a new one for free instead of paying through the nose to overnight the old one for his first class. Saves the hassle too. I love Amazon. 

Yeah really enjoying it so far, only through episode 3. Definitely messed up in some spots.
I’m assuming your past the explosion. It was great. The dolphin scene might have been my favorite. I actually like the Aquaman guy. He’s swarmy and his character isn’t likable, but the scenes he’s in are solid.

I’m assuming your past the explosion. It was great. The dolphin scene might have been my favorite. I actually like the Aquaman guy. He’s swarmy and his character isn’t likable, but the scenes he’s in are solid.
Yeah, past that already, thought that was hilarious. The breast milk pumping scene has probably been the most "ewww" so far with I am sure more fun to come. But even some of the messed up stuff is so freaking funny, like Pop Claw and her landlord. :lmao:  My wife could not watch this show with me, just a little too gritty.

They made The Deep seem like a badass in the first episode but then loved how later on they are like "I asked around, you're just the fish guy." Was wondering who Starlight was because she looked familiar, she was the college track chick from the first season of Jessica Jones.

The breast milk pumping scene has probably been the most "ewww" so far 
You found *that* to be the grossest scene so far?  I’m only three episodes in myself, but that’s a pretty wild take. 

That said, I too am enjoying the show quite a bit. 

You found *that* to be the grossest scene so far?  I’m only three episodes in myself, but that’s a pretty wild take. 

That said, I too am enjoying the show quite a bit. 
More creepy than gross, if we are talking about the same scene involving Homelander and his x-ray vision. The weird sex stuff and the gore like the exploding people doesn't really both me though, desensitized I guess.

No fee for UPS Store on my items (maybe it depends on the item?).  No box or printing needed.  Just bring in the item and barcode.  They handle it.  Many more locations than Kohls so easier for me.  
Wowzers.   I've never seen this before.   Amazon was starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth with the price increases without any changes that I really cared about, but this is huge.   Kohls option was nice but like you said, so many more UPS locations.

pretty cool feature I just found in Prime Video, if you hover over the top left corner, it reveals a pop up that shows the names of the actors in that scene. and some simple trivia nuggets. IDK about you, but I'm always flipping back to IMDB to find out who is in a particular movie or show while I'm watching it. 

Watching "The Boys" now, pretty good. 

pretty cool feature I just found in Prime Video, if you hover over the top left corner, it reveals a pop up that shows the names of the actors in that scene. and some simple trivia nuggets. IDK about you, but I'm always flipping back to IMDB to find out who is in a particular movie or show while I'm watching it. 

Watching "The Boys" now, pretty good. 
thanks, I only knew that if you paused the scene then it would do the same thing. Now I can see who the F the hottie is without having to pause.

I use Amazon for tons of stuff and I actually got my first refund where I didn’t have to ship back the item and it was still usable (couple others that didn’t fit so throw seats). It actually did arrive late so it wasn’t there for my son to take to college.

It is also awesome that I can ship stuff to my son for free with Prime. He forgot the TI calculator and I realized my soon to be 7th grader needs the same one so he gets the hand me down and I send a new one for free instead of paying through the nose to overnight the old one for his first class. Saves the hassle too. I love Amazon. 
I once ordered a book that I was going to send to a friend in Germany.  After it arrived, I looked at postage, and it was cheaper to just re-order another copy of the book and have Amazon ship it to him directly.  Duh... I should have thought of that in the first place.

Dumb question, do you need anything more than just this kit?
Nothing else needed. It’s got 2 pieces- 1st is a wifi hub. It needs to be located by the garage door opener . ( It comes with a mounting bracket, mount it on the ceiling of the garage right by the opener. I have an outlet in the ceiling that my garage door opener plugs into, i used the open outlet to plug this hub in) The hub connects to wifi, and also gets programmed to be a remote control for the garage door. Be sure you have wifi signal in your garage or this won’t work.

The 2nd part is a small (3”x3”) box that velcros to the inside of your garage door. This is a switch that will send a signal to the hub, letting the hub know if the door is closed or open. 

Its a pretty easy setup, the app walks you through it.

Just make sure it works with your door before buying it. I got one last prime day when posters brought it up here. My garage door opener was dead at the time, but I was going to have it replaced soon after. I didn't know the exact opener model I was getting, but use Overhead Door / Genie. Looking at the graphic on the Amazon listing, it says it's compatible with those openers "manufactured after 1996." What it doesn't say is that the ones manufactured since 2016 are no longer compatible. Pretty lame that they still have never updated that graphic. 

Nothing else needed. It’s got 2 pieces- 1st is a wifi hub. It needs to be located by the garage door opener . ( It comes with a mounting bracket, mount it on the ceiling of the garage right by the opener. I have an outlet in the ceiling that my garage door opener plugs into, i used the open outlet to plug this hub in) The hub connects to wifi, and also gets programmed to be a remote control for the garage door. Be sure you have wifi signal in your garage or this won’t work.

The 2nd part is a small (3”x3”) box that velcros to the inside of your garage door. This is a switch that will send a signal to the hub, letting the hub know if the door is closed or open. 

Its a pretty easy setup, the app walks you through it.

I mounted mine on the side wall where I had an outlet near the garage door. Works fine there too.

I mounted mine on the side wall where I had an outlet near the garage door. Works fine there too.
I wondered about doing that.  I have a funky beam in my garage near where the motor.  I couldn't see the light from the door like the instructions said, but it still works just fine.  Hardest part of the installation was getting my damn ladder out.  

The MyQ Smart Garage Opener is back at ($30). It is that price at Amazon, best buy, and Walmart right now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13496974-chamberlain-myq-smart-hub-wifi-garage-door-opener-w-smartphone-control-30-in-store-pickup?src=frontpage
Does this thing have a fee or anything?  Saw something about that on Amazon reviews.  Maybe that is to use it w/ Alexa?  Seems dumb.  

Anyone using this with Amazon garage delivery?  I already ordered one and that's my plan.  

Users who are viewing this thread