Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maddenf

Amazon Prime

2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

The MyQ Smart Garage Opener is back at ($30). It is that price at Amazon, best buy, and Walmart right now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13496974-chamberlain-myq-smart-hub-wifi-garage-door-opener-w-smartphone-control-30-in-store-pickup?src=frontpage

Nice find! I saw this at Sams Club the other day and it was priced at $45.  I thought that was a great deal, but had my hands full and didnt grab it.  Just got one on Amazon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindCrime said:

Bought one if these on Prime day, love it.

Dumb question, do you need anything more than just this kit?

1 hour ago, Mr.Pack said:

Dumb question, do you need anything more than just this kit?

Nothing else needed. It’s got 2 pieces- 1st is a wifi hub. It needs to be located by the garage door opener . ( It comes with a mounting bracket, mount it on the ceiling of the garage right by the opener. I have an outlet in the ceiling that my garage door opener plugs into, i used the open outlet to plug this hub in) The hub connects to wifi, and also gets programmed to be a remote control for the garage door. Be sure you have wifi signal in your garage or this won’t work.

The 2nd part is a small (3”x3”) box that velcros to the inside of your garage door. This is a switch that will send a signal to the hub, letting the hub know if the door is closed or open. 

Its a pretty easy setup, the app walks you through it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just make sure it works with your door before buying it. I got one last prime day when posters brought it up here. My garage door opener was dead at the time, but I was going to have it replaced soon after. I didn't know the exact opener model I was getting, but use Overhead Door / Genie. Looking at the graphic on the Amazon listing, it says it's compatible with those openers "manufactured after 1996." What it doesn't say is that the ones manufactured since 2016 are no longer compatible. Pretty lame that they still have never updated that graphic. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:21 PM, MindCrime said:

Nothing else needed. It’s got 2 pieces- 1st is a wifi hub. It needs to be located by the garage door opener . ( It comes with a mounting bracket, mount it on the ceiling of the garage right by the opener. I have an outlet in the ceiling that my garage door opener plugs into, i used the open outlet to plug this hub in) The hub connects to wifi, and also gets programmed to be a remote control for the garage door. Be sure you have wifi signal in your garage or this won’t work.

The 2nd part is a small (3”x3”) box that velcros to the inside of your garage door. This is a switch that will send a signal to the hub, letting the hub know if the door is closed or open. 

Its a pretty easy setup, the app walks you through it.

I mounted mine on the side wall where I had an outlet near the garage door. Works fine there too.

10 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

I mounted mine on the side wall where I had an outlet near the garage door. Works fine there too.

I wondered about doing that.  I have a funky beam in my garage near where the motor.  I couldn't see the light from the door like the instructions said, but it still works just fine.  Hardest part of the installation was getting my damn ladder out.  

On 11/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, JoeSteeler said:

The MyQ Smart Garage Opener is back at ($30). It is that price at Amazon, best buy, and Walmart right now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13496974-chamberlain-myq-smart-hub-wifi-garage-door-opener-w-smartphone-control-30-in-store-pickup?src=frontpage

Does this thing have a fee or anything?  Saw something about that on Amazon reviews.  Maybe that is to use it w/ Alexa?  Seems dumb.  

Anyone using this with Amazon garage delivery?  I already ordered one and that's my plan.  

Good deal on Kindle Unlimited - 6 months for 30 bucks.  I was already good until 2021, but grabbed one anyway.  when I applied it the system somehow added another 24 months behind it, so now I'm good through Christmas, 2024.  I think I broke their system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 11/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, DallasDMac said:

Prime offering $40 off annual subscription for vets. Includes extending current subscription if already a member. Nov 6-11.

https://www.va.gov/opa/amazon.asp

I did this by the way. Verification was super easy. Name, DOB and date of separation was all it took.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, JoeSteeler said:

I bought one. Hopefully I get it setup this weekend. 

On 11/7/2019 at 7:47 AM, Poke_4_Life said:

Does this thing have a fee or anything?  Saw something about that on Amazon reviews.  Maybe that is to use it w/ Alexa?  Seems dumb.  

Anyone using this with Amazon garage delivery?  I already ordered one and that's my plan.  

No fee. Yes, set it up with Amazon Key. There's an app. I've used it for in garage delivery. Only thing is not everything is garage delivery available. Sometimes you can pick garage delivery if your are willing to wait another day or two. Other times it's just available with first available shipping. No rhyme or reason. 

Amazon also wants to try sell you their camera to mount inside garage for your security. It would record whenever a delivery was made. I didn't buy that. It's not required. If I wanted I could throw a cheap Wyze cam in there instead.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, JoeSteeler said:

This install was very easy, even with my Kmart Craftsman garage door opener that is at least 15 years old.  But now that its up and working, I'm not sure why I bought it.  I have one of the keypad things on the outside, so my kids can get in if needed (we hide our spare housekey in the garage).  Other than that, its actually somewhat of a pain to get my phone out and open the app to get in my garage.  I don't typically have my phone out when I'm driving to or from work, which is only about 10 minutes' drive.  I think I'd rather just keep using the door opener on my car console.  I guess the one thing is you can check it remotely, for those days when my OCD is bugging me that maybe I left the door open.

3 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

This install was very easy, even with my Kmart Craftsman garage door opener that is at least 15 years old.  But now that its up and working, I'm not sure why I bought it.  I have one of the keypad things on the outside, so my kids can get in if needed (we hide our spare housekey in the garage).  Other than that, its actually somewhat of a pain to get my phone out and open the app to get in my garage.  I don't typically have my phone out when I'm driving to or from work, which is only about 10 minutes' drive.  I think I'd rather just keep using the door opener on my car console.  I guess the one thing is you can check it remotely, for those days when my OCD is bugging me that maybe I left the door open.

I LOVE mine. For $30 and 10 mins install it’s a no brainer. 

Uses: 

1) “Oh #### did we close the door?” When leaving/gone 

2) When friends/whoever need access to the garage to pick up / drop off stuff (common for me).. no longer need to give them the code. 

3) Amazon key : to drop packages inside the garage vs leaving on porch risking rain/theft. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rascal said:

Any Chromebook recommendations?

My kids are still loving their Acer R11’s and R13. Touchscreen and keyboard. I even replaced a battery in one after years of use and it was fine again. 

8 hours ago, [icon] said:

I LOVE mine. For $30 and 10 mins install it’s a no brainer. 

Uses: 

1) “Oh #### did we close the door?” When leaving/gone 

That is my #1. Now i need a smart app to tell me that the coffee pot is off, the back door is locked, and that the dogs have water.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MindCrime said:

That is my #1. Now i need a smart app to tell me that the coffee pot is off, the back door is locked, and that the dogs have water.

Smart Things can handle all of this no problem.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:16 PM, rascal said:

Any Chromebook recommendations?

I have an Acer 14" that works pretty well and looks really nice.  It's a tad bit slow compared to my old Macbook Pro (it has a celeron in it) but if you're just doing general stuff its fine.

Im thinking about giving it to my kids and getting the Pixelbook Go though

If anyone has a Prime CC they have a bunch of items with an additional 10% off or so.  Lots of outdoor stuff, some bike stuff, some electronics.

• Like 2

Just had my first unsatisfying interaction with Amazon customer service.  We've had a few items come a day late recently, and I haven't complained. But I bought something that was supposed to get here Tuesday, isn't here yet and there's no option to see tracking info like there usually would be.  Online chat worked well for me in the past, and I was watching a show with the wife, so I went that route.  The agent basically just said sorry, it should get there tomorrow.  She made me complain about it being unacceptable and that I probably would have bought it somewhere else if I had known it would have taken this long.  She just said sorry again and sent canned explanations about the shipping process, different shipping options I might have chosen, how the item has to be in stock otherwise the date given to me would be later than 2-day, how they might have had to wait for the item to arrive to them first, etc.  None of that applied to my purchase, which was "fulfilled by Amazon", marked as in stock, and I was given that guaranteed date at checkout.  After I pointed that out, she finally offered 20% refund - it was only a $13 item, so not much (and I wasn't expecting much), but that wasn't really the point to me.  In the past, they've been quick to offer something more than "sorry about that" before you complain more than you already are by contacting them.

I guess I might just have been spoiled with my interactions in the past, but they're slipping a bit.

• Like 1

Well, I woke up this morning to a full refund on the purchase rather than 20%.  I can't decide if someone there is on the FFA or if Alexa was listening to me complain about them to the wife.  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 2

34 minutes ago, jhib said:

Well, I woke up this morning to a full refund on the purchase rather than 20%.  I can't decide if someone there is on the FFA or if Alexa was listening to me complain about them to the wife.  

I called Jeff and he said "for jhib, no problemo"

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

11 hours ago, jhib said:

Just had my first unsatisfying interaction with Amazon customer service.  We've had a few items come a day late recently, and I haven't complained. But I bought something that was supposed to get here Tuesday, isn't here yet and there's no option to see tracking info like there usually would be.  Online chat worked well for me in the past, and I was watching a show with the wife, so I went that route.  The agent basically just said sorry, it should get there tomorrow.  She made me complain about it being unacceptable and that I probably would have bought it somewhere else if I had known it would have taken this long.  She just said sorry again and sent canned explanations about the shipping process, different shipping options I might have chosen, how the item has to be in stock otherwise the date given to me would be later than 2-day, how they might have had to wait for the item to arrive to them first, etc.  None of that applied to my purchase, which was "fulfilled by Amazon", marked as in stock, and I was given that guaranteed date at checkout.  After I pointed that out, she finally offered 20% refund - it was only a $13 item, so not much (and I wasn't expecting much), but that wasn't really the point to me.  In the past, they've been quick to offer something more than "sorry about that" before you complain more than you already are by contacting them.

I guess I might just have been spoiled with my interactions in the past, but they're slipping a bit.

This has been my experience lately too. They never offer me any kind of refund, no matter how small, when stuff is late. They would offer it up right away in the past. Not anymore. Looks like the monopoly is just about complete.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, BeTheMatch said:

This has been my experience lately too. They never offer me any kind of refund, no matter how small, when stuff is late. They would offer it up right away in the past. Not anymore. Looks like the monopoly is just about complete.

Trying to maximize that profit for Jeff and the other stockholders.  

I know I'm never fully aware of all the Prime benefits but another one I just noticed is free NFL Thursday Night Football streams.  Pretty cool. 

• Like 2

Placed a couple of orders today and expected delivery for prime is Dec 5, 6 days out

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Placed a couple of orders today and expected delivery for prime is Dec 5, 6 days out

Mine said Dec 4th. It came today.