What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (3 Viewers)

Question here regarding Amazon. I get it that their shipments of hand sanitizer, etc., are backed up significantly. But I ordered some water filters for our refrigerator yesterday that they say are in stock, and I'm a Prime member, and the estimated shipping date is April 22. So, is this how Amazon is now for all products in our brave new world?

Question here regarding Amazon. I get it that their shipments of hand sanitizer, etc., are backed up significantly. But I ordered some water filters for our refrigerator yesterday that they say are in stock, and I'm a Prime member, and the estimated shipping date is April 22. So, is this how Amazon is now for all products in our brave new world?
Not sure my stuff is still showing up in a few days.  

Not sure my stuff is still showing up in a few days.  
Maybe it has to do with where you live?  

I am within 5 miles of an Amazon distribution center. I have Prime as well and I am getting my orders on time--obviously haven't ordered tp or sanitizer so I wouldn't know about that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it has to do with where you live?  

I am within 5 miles of an Amazon distribution center. I have Prime as well and I am getting my orders on time--obviously haven't ordered tp or sanitizer so I wouldn't know about that. 
I have a distribution center very close to me too but these aren't coming directly from Amazon - it is being fulfilled and shipped by Amazon though. I actually called the place that was supplying the filters, and it appeared to be in NY or NJ based on his accent. I'm in MN. I wonder if that had something to do with it. Because I found other filters that work from a different place (not sure where) and they'll be here (supposedly) in five days. We'll see.

All products? No.

Amazon is suspending shipping of just about all non-essential products and for a short while will not be stocking items that are just "fulfilled" by amazon so that they can dedicate warehouse space to the "essential" items, which i believe includes cleaning products, hand sanitizer, TP (if they ever get more in stock), etc.  Just about everything else is getting pushed out about a month so they can focus on those items.

(Details not exact, just based on my understanding from an article I read a few days ago)

Amazon is suspending shipping of just about all non-essential products and for a short while will not be stocking items that are just "fulfilled" by amazon so that they can dedicate warehouse space to the "essential" items, which i believe includes cleaning products, hand sanitizer, TP (if they ever get more in stock), etc.  Just about everything else is getting pushed out about a month so they can focus on those items.

(Details not exact, just based on my understanding from an article I read a few days ago)
Good to know. Thanks

My subscribe and save is showing all my non-essential stuff has been shipped, but not my dog food which is the closest thing I have to essential setup on subscribe & save. The dog food totally dropped off the order as if it was never there in the 1st place and received no notification about out of stock or delayed delivery or anything. In a pinch I can run to a nearby Petco which is still stocked, but still thought that was weird. I would think the dogs toys and treats and other random stuff wouldn't have gotten shipped unless maybe they had them in stock nearby already or something.

Pretty common now.

This makes Prime pretty useless for me for however long this lasts.  I don't use much of their included services - I'm not in an area serviced by Amazon Fresh / Whole Foods, and rarely use music/video/kindle etc.

I also had an order in for a dog food mat that was supposed to arrive Saturday.  It didn't show up, so I looked up the order and saw it was marked as 

Undeliverable

Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.
I imagine it has something to do with all this policy change rather than the product itself.  I'm not going to complain about waiting, since it is obviously a nonessential item "fulfilled by Amazon", but it would have been nice to at least been made aware via an email or notification update instead of being left wondering.  Still wondering if it's actually cancelled or only delayed because of the changes...

Pretty common now.

This makes Prime pretty useless for me for however long this lasts.  I don't use much of their included services - I'm not in an area serviced by Amazon Fresh / Whole Foods, and rarely use music/video/kindle etc.

I also had an order in for a dog food mat that was supposed to arrive Saturday.  It didn't show up, so I looked up the order and saw it was marked as 

I imagine it has something to do with all this policy change rather than the product itself.  I'm not going to complain about waiting, since it is obviously a nonessential item "fulfilled by Amazon", but it would have been nice to at least been made aware via an email or notification update instead of being left wondering.  Still wondering if it's actually cancelled or only delayed because of the changes...
was there a tracking number attached to the order?

was there a tracking number attached to the order?
Yup.  Got the email that it shipped the day after I ordered it. Tracking shows "Package has shipped" that day and then the next day "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility" and "Shipment returned to Amazon."

My subscribe and save is showing all my non-essential stuff has been shipped, but not my dog food which is the closest thing I have to essential setup on subscribe & save. The dog food totally dropped off the order as if it was never there in the 1st place and received no notification about out of stock or delayed delivery or anything. In a pinch I can run to a nearby Petco which is still stocked, but still thought that was weird. I would think the dogs toys and treats and other random stuff wouldn't have gotten shipped unless maybe they had them in stock nearby already or something.
Because it is non-essential, it may have still been sitting in the warehouse.  They aren't replenishing the stock once it leave the shelves from what I understand.

Huh.  I sent a message to the seller (rather than trying to get someone at Amazon right now) asking them for any clarification/info.  Then when I went to copy and paste the tracking info just now, I saw the "Undeliverable" message I noted before has changed to 

Undeliverable

Unfortunately, USPS ran into an issue when attempting your delivery. They will try again.

Huh.  I sent a message to the seller (rather than trying to get someone at Amazon right now) asking them for any clarification/info.  Then when I went to copy and paste the tracking info just now, I saw the "Undeliverable" message I noted before has changed to 
I was going to say - I have seen this message before and it could be a carrier issue and has nothing to do with what's going on now 

Ordered 3 things in the past week and all showed up in normal time.

I'm getting stuff on a random basis.  As I understand it, Amazon stopped accepting non-essential stuff into its warehouses in favor of essential stuff.  That doesn't mean they don't already have a bunch of stuff to ship.   I got my regular subscriptions of cat food and litter on time.   I got a thing of wood filler to fix my door in 24 hours.   I got my regular subscription of toilet paper about 2 weeks late.

Happened to me the other day, got in chat and they told me item was lost and issued a refund.  Item shows up 2 days later now amazon wants me to send back or will recharge me for it (which would be fine but it says May 1st it will charge me and by then I’ll forget what happened). Wish I could just accept the item and have them charge me now

I have a distribution center very close to me too but these aren't coming directly from Amazon - it is being fulfilled and shipped by Amazon though. I actually called the place that was supplying the filters, and it appeared to be in NY or NJ based on his accent. I'm in MN. I wonder if that had something to do with it. Because I found other filters that work from a different place (not sure where) and they'll be here (supposedly) in five days. We'll see.
Something about they are delaying or not doing 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon for awhile.

Link

I ordered a new desk chair and monitor since I'm going to be WFH for a while.  Ordered them last Friday, arriving today.  Initially they were going to be early April, then Friday, now on the truck for today.  

Don't think they are essential, but I'll be glad to have them.  

My dog feeding mat went back to the original message (undeliverable, returning for refund). Seller says I have to ask Amazon what's actually up, Amazon says nothing because they don't have customer service at the moment as far as I can tell.  Amazon tracking implies a USPS issue. Tracking on USPS site says it was picked up by partner (Amazon) but never got to USPS.

I'm not complaining here or anything given the circumstances and how inconsequential it is. At least as long as I actually get refunded...

Got a $3 digital credit to wait until Monday for coffee shipment. I can make it. And if it takes the stress off an emp for 10 seconds, even better.
I did this for a monitor I ordered for my wife who is now also working from home (ordered last Friday, opted to delay delivery to Thursday(today)) but it still arrived on Tuesday.

Is anyone experiencing lag with Amazon Prime video? We tried watching a Jack Ryan tonight and finally gave up after about the 5th or 6th pause in the show. It was quite frustrating. Just wonder if this is general over-taxation of Prime Video during the lockdown?

Is anyone experiencing lag with Amazon Prime video? We tried watching a Jack Ryan tonight and finally gave up after about the 5th or 6th pause in the show. It was quite frustrating. Just wonder if this is general over-taxation of Prime Video during the lockdown?
Zero so far for me. Watching on roku tv

No issues for me. It's likely not a Prime Video issue. I had some slowdowns in my Spectrum internet a few days ago. Lasted for a couple days but then all of a sudden the speed test went back up to normal. It was annoying and definitely got some buffering on streaming sites, but it was definitely Spectrum.

Speedtest your internet. Reboot whatever device you are using may be a solution too. 

Speedtest your internet. Reboot whatever device you are using may be a solution too. 
It's cable modem. I suspect it is just the fact that everyone is home, streaming crap, using their devices, etc. We'll just skip Prime and read more. (I don't even know how you'd reboot a DVD player or if there is such a thing).

It's cable modem. I suspect it is just the fact that everyone is home, streaming crap, using their devices, etc. We'll just skip Prime and read more. (I don't even know how you'd reboot a DVD player or if there is such a thing).
Unplug it

How do you usually watch it? Roku?
The DVD plugged in to the downstairs TV has an Amazon Prime app built in to it. Has always worked fine in the past but I guess the extra  drain on the internet today was enough to make it untenable.

Harness and new dog leash. 3 weeks to get?

Its the 70s all over again.
Did you see the post a few above? Amazon has been estimating much longer time frames and delivering early. I ordered two things last Sunday that were supposed to come on 4/26 and 4/20. I got one last Wednesday and one Thursday.

I don't mean to sound like an ###, but complaining about long estimates in this environment is a bit much. It's likely to get here way earlier based on a bunch of posts in here.

Did you see the post a few above? Amazon has been estimating much longer time frames and delivering early. I ordered two things last Sunday that were supposed to come on 4/26 and 4/20. I got one last Wednesday and one Thursday.

I don't mean to sound like an ###, but complaining about long estimates in this environment is a bit much. It's likely to get here way earlier based on a bunch of posts in here.
I was 99% joking

I am coming up on 2 weeks since I ordered.  I understand the situation. I just find it funny how accustomed I got to things being here in two days. It is fine I have nothing but  time here.

Ordered a new laptop via Amazon last Monday, 4/6. Said it was going to be delivered on 4/15, will be arriving today, 4/13. 

Underpromise, over deliver. Even if it was Prime and in normal days would have been on my doorstep on 4/8. I'm happy with the early delivery. 

I moved my desk in my house last week and needed a new chair mat for carpet...  ordered one on 4/7 from Amazon and they said it will be delivered on 5/1.  3.5 weeks after my order.  I know it's not 'essential' but I needed it faster than that.  I was hoping they would update the ship date so I waited almost a week but they never did. 

Went out yesterday and bought one at Office Depot and cancelled my order.  Oh well.  I really did need the mat by today tho.  

Could someone give me a little advice? I order crap off of Amazon all the time.

Amazon only charges when they ship. I would like to compare the charges on my credit card with what they've shipped. However the items shipped might be some weird combination of numbers I have to add up to see if I can find a matching total on my credit card statement. 

How can I tell if Amazon is ripping me off. I would like an itemized list of each item shipped and how that list matches to credit card charges, and I don't want to do any math on my own. Thanks.

Could someone give me a little advice? I order crap off of Amazon all the time.

Amazon only charges when they ship. I would like to compare the charges on my credit card with what they've shipped. However the items shipped might be some weird combination of numbers I have to add up to see if I can find a matching total on my credit card statement. 

How can I tell if Amazon is ripping me off. I would like an itemized list of each item shipped and how that list matches to credit card charges, and I don't want to do any math on my own. Thanks.
maybe this wil help?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201983330

Users who are viewing this thread