What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***David Wilson Bandwagon*** (2 Viewers)

As I follow this, I have a personal attachment to this situation as I sit here 30 days post-op from a neck surgery to alleviate stenosis in my own neck.

However, my neck stenosis was a little different in that it was forminal stenosis (narrowing of the nerve holes exiting the SIDES of each vertebrae) as opposed to David Wilson's spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal cord column in the BACK of a person's neck). The surgery that I had was a 3 level ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy Fusion) of the 4th, 5th, and 6th cervical discs where they went in thru the front of my neck and removed 3 discs and inserted plastic spacers where the discs used to be and immobilized it with titanium bracket/screws. From what I've heard and read, Peyton Manning actually had a 1 level ACDF surgery the year that he sat out, but it was never reported or published as a "fusion".....it was always reported that he had 3 or 4 neck surgeries.

In David Wilson's case, I have to say that Spinal Stenosis is much more dangerous b/c it involves the spinal cord and the risk of possible paralysis. In his case, I think it is his VERTEBRAE......not a slipped or ruptured DISC that could cause impingement on the spinal cord. So I don't know the surgical procedure that they are talking about performing. (does anybody know the actual procedure that has been presented to him?)

Also, I do believe that Spinal Stenosis is what ended Mike Alstott's career.
Nemesis,  I just found out that i need to have a anterior cervical discectomy and fusion c3-c7.  I have had 2 ACL reconstructions, 4 other knee surgeries and recently my rotator cuff repaired.  I am looking for a comparison to these surgeries to see what rehab and pain levels would be,  The shoulder surgery was the most painful of these surgeries by far for me.  I need to prepare myself for this cervical surgery.  Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.  Once I heal from this I need a posterior spinal fusion and laminectomy.  and finally a total knee replacement.  My doctor advised me to get the neck done first due to how severe the stenosis is.  I think I will have to get a lightning protection suit after all this is done. lol.

Nemesis,  I just found out that i need to have a anterior cervical discectomy and fusion c3-c7.  I have had 2 ACL reconstructions, 4 other knee surgeries and recently my rotator cuff repaired.  I am looking for a comparison to these surgeries to see what rehab and pain levels would be,  The shoulder surgery was the most painful of these surgeries by far for me.  I need to prepare myself for this cervical surgery.  Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.  Once I heal from this I need a posterior spinal fusion and laminectomy.  and finally a total knee replacement.  My doctor advised me to get the neck done first due to how severe the stenosis is.  I think I will have to get a lightning protection suit after all this is done. lol.
What NFL team did you play for?  

Holy cow, major vibes to you.. Best of luck and speedy recovery

Maybe the only good thing to come of the board upgrade is that you can tag people so they get an alert to the post. @Nemesis 

Good luck to you, and thank you for all you do. 

Honestly I expected that this thread got bumped because somebody recognized David Wilson working as a pizza delivery guy or something.

I miss David Wilson. I think he had great potential. While it may have been a blessing that Coughlin benched him as often as he did, I still can't forgive him for holding down such a talented player just because of a few fumbles. 

David Wilson has a 1.21 page per carry ratio. According to pro-football reference, David Wilson has the highest ratio all time for RBs > 100 carries.

Users who are viewing this thread