What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (3 Viewers)

'ImTheScientist said:
So while on draft day "there's not a GM in the NFL that would take Wilson ahead of Luck, RG3, or Tanneyhill" that is meaningless NOW.....
It's not meaningless if you asked them now and they still would all take Luck and RG3 ahead of Wilson. Every single one would. Today. Tannehill I'm not sure about.
IMO if we could go back and hold the draft over knowing what we know now, Luck and RGIII would still go 1-2. And maybe Tannehill would go before Wilson.But the important difference is Wilson would be a top 10-15 pick, not a third round pick. He's proven that he deserved to be picked in the first half of the first round, just as he would have been if he were 2-3 inches taller.What order he and Tannehill would be taken in doesn't really matter with regard to how well Wilson is performing and how he looks for the future.
:goodposting: , draft order doesn't matter when the games start. 3 years from now people won't care about it. Performance on the field is it.

I love Wilson. I own him in all my dynasty leagues. That being said, in no way is he close to the best QB in this class. He's far from it.
How is he far from it? 13Tds, 2 4th Q comeback wins, victories over Romo, Rodgers, Brady, Newton, 10th in the league in QB rating...... pretty damn good. I would venture to bet only a minority of people were saying Brees was better than Vick early on as well. :boxing:
I hear the same argument for Alex Smith.

I love Wilson. I own him in all my dynasty leagues. That being said, in no way is he close to the best QB in this class. He's far from it.
How is he far from it? 13Tds, 2 4th Q comeback wins, victories over Romo, Rodgers, Brady, Newton, 10th in the league in QB rating...... pretty damn good. I would venture to bet only a minority of people were saying Brees was better than Vick early on as well. :boxing:
That he is better than Aaron Rodgers? :lmao:

'ImTheScientist said:
So while on draft day "there's not a GM in the NFL that would take Wilson ahead of Luck, RG3, or Tanneyhill" that is meaningless NOW.....
It's not meaningless if you asked them now and they still would all take Luck and RG3 ahead of Wilson. Every single one would. Today. Tannehill I'm not sure about.
IMO if we could go back and hold the draft over knowing what we know now, Luck and RGIII would still go 1-2. And maybe Tannehill would go before Wilson.But the important difference is Wilson would be a top 10-15 pick, not a third round pick. He's proven that he deserved to be picked in the first half of the first round, just as he would have been if he were 2-3 inches taller.

What order he and Tannehill would be taken in doesn't really matter with regard to how well Wilson is performing and how he looks for the future.
I highly doubt it

That he is better than Aaron Rodgers? :lmao:
Wilson didn't beat Smith did he?

Hilarious pimping the victory over Romo and Newton.Oh, and Luck beat Rodgers too...by throwing an actual TD. :)

Hilarious pimping the victory over Romo and Newton.Oh, and Luck beat Rodgers too...by throwing an actual TD. :)
SEA in near the bottom in total yards and passing on offense. IND is on the top ten in both those categories.

Seahawks have played a much tougher overall schedule than the Colts have.

Wilson is the better QB.
No bias there.But I believe you are incorrect on both counts.

The Colts have a worse team...and the schedules are quite similar in toughness.
I'm not sure I agree. Taking out the two common opponents (Green Bay, Minnesota) which both teams beat we're left with the following (in order of record)
Colts-----Bears (7-1)Dolphins (4-4)Jets (3-5)Titans (3-6)Browns (2-7)Jaguars (1-7)Seahawks--------49ers (6-2)Patriots (5-3)Lions (4-4)Cardinals (4-5)Cowboys (3-5)Rams (3-5)Panthers (2-6)I do have to admit, when I started typing this out I expected a couple of these teams to be better in standings (specifically the Lions and Cowboys). But if you told me the Seahawks could switch schedules with the Colts I would do it in a heartbeat because some of those teams are flat out horrible (Jags, Browns, Jets, and Titans). I'll give Miami a pass but I thoroughly expect to beat them when the Seahawks play them.
Just as the Rams and Panthers are awful.And lets not act as if Dallas is any good right now...nor are the Cardinals really.

The Hawks have a very nice win against the Pats...a slightly tainted one against the Packers (yeah, Im a bitter Packer fan...).

Colts had nice wins against the Dolphins and did not need help to beat the Packers.
Wouldn't need help if the Pack hadn't gotten plenty of their own on their go ahead TD drive.

SEA in near the bottom in total yards and passing on offense. IND is on the top ten in both those categories.
Just so we're super clear here, you're also stating based on those two stats that Luck is better than Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers so I think your marker for that is off. I see a guy who's being forced to throw the ball and isn't accurate (56.5% - 29th in the league) but gets a lot of attempts (336 - 2nd most in the league). He gains 7.15 yards per attempt which is only marginally better than Russell Wilson. You're making it sound like they are worlds apart, but in reality Wilson has been much better with limited opportunities. Who's to say if he had as many opportunities to throw as Luck, let alone not having to split pre-season reps with two other players.

Just so we're super clear here, you're also stating based on those two stats that Luck is better than Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers so I think your marker for that is off. I see a guy who's being forced to throw the ball and isn't accurate (56.5% - 29th in the league) but gets a lot of attempts (336 - 2nd most in the league). He gains 7.15 yards per attempt which is only marginally better than Russell Wilson. You're making it sound like they are worlds apart, but in reality Wilson has been much better with limited opportunities. Who's to say if he had as many opportunities to throw as Luck, let alone not having to split pre-season reps with two other players.
He's a 49ers fan, and trolling.....

SEA. IND. Do you need some tea leaves and/or tarot cards to try to read more into this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilson has a great deal of help on that team. Seattle has a great D, a very good RB, and, IMO, some really good WRs. I love Rice. There's no way you wouldn't take Luck over Wilson if you could..........NO WAY!! If you're saying so, then you're only trying to convince yourself.

SEA. IND. Do you need some tea leaves and/or tarot cards to try to read more into this?
I'm not sure what this means but I'm going to assume you didn't want logic to go into this thread. Sorry you don't have a better comeback.

I'm not sure what this means but I'm going to assume you didn't want logic to go into this thread. Sorry you don't have a better comeback.
I think the talk is between two QB's in Luck and Wilson. I only included the two teams they play on, not the other teams they would 'hypothetically' play on, or compare them to some wanton imaginary argument you are trying to make out of nothing. I didn't say Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, etc. If you have something to post about it, do it. If not, stop being a doosh.

I think the talk is between two QB's in Luck and Wilson. I only included the two teams they play on, not the other teams they would 'hypothetically' play on, or compare them to some wanton imaginary argument you are trying to make out of nothing. I didn't say Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, etc. If you have something to post about it, do it. If not, stop being a doosh.
Here comes the name calling. Don't be angry with me, it's your terrible argument not mine.

Wilson has a great deal of help on that team. Seattle has a great D, a very good RB, and, IMO, some really good WRs. I love Rice. There's no way you wouldn't take Luck over Wilson if you could..........NO WAY!! If you're saying so, then you're only trying to convince yourself.
I agree with all but the good WR parts. Rice is serviceable when someone else is a but threatening but he's been only a little above average. Tate is a ding dong who doesn't play every play.

Here comes the name calling. Don't be angry with me, it's your terrible argument not mine.
You know the difference between Ryan, Rodgers, Luck, and Wilson don't you? Something to do with Veterans vs. Rookies. That's the point. Again, if you want to be a doosh, fair play to ya. If you think my point is terrible, so be it. It's about as bad as saying Wilson beat out Rodgers, Brady, Romo. Yet lost to Alex Smith. Having fun with this yet? Hope so.

'Shawnky said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'Shawnky said:
10 years from now..... my answer is going to be YES I would take Wilson over Luck. Currently that can not be answered because more data is needed. Probably won't even be able to make a fair judgement on it for 3-4 years.

'mad sweeney said:
'Shawnky said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'Shawnky said:
I agree with all but the good WR parts. Rice is serviceable when someone else is a but threatening but he's been only a little above average. Tate is a ding dong who doesn't play every play.
Being a homer you should disagree with the great D assertion as well. Their run D has been exposed over the last few weeks and even the pass D has been average at times. The O is carrying this team right now and Wilson is a huge part of that.

'mad sweeney said:
'Shawnky said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'Shawnky said:
Being a homer you should disagree with the great D assertion as well. Their run D has been exposed over the last few weeks and even the pass D has been average at times. The O is carrying this team right now and Wilson is a huge part of that.
Meh. The Niners have probably the best run blocking team in the league plus Gore. AP was the league rushing leader going into Sunday. It's not like they're giving up major yardage to bottom half RBs. At worst I'd call them still a very good D, but they're young and will make some mistakes. If they get run up on by the Jets, then ill start to worry.

'drummer said:
'biju said:
'drummer said:
'biju said:
'drummer said:
'biju said:
'drummer said:
'sho nuff said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'Shawnky said:
You know the difference between Ryan, Rodgers, Luck, and Wilson don't you? Something to do with Veterans vs. Rookies. That's the point. Again, if you want to be a doosh, fair play to ya. If you think my point is terrible, so be it. It's about as bad as saying Wilson beat out Rodgers, Brady, Romo. Yet lost to Alex Smith. Having fun with this yet? Hope so.
The point is if you can't apply the logic across the board it is simply cherry picking data. Keep trolling away--it's really not frustrating me because you're making a fool of yourself and you don't even realize it. The fact that you keep name calling (and clearly can't spell) make it more amusing.Keep going--you're doing just fine.

Russell Wilson is currently 11th in the NFL with a QB rating of 87.2. Ahead of Andy Dalton, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Mathew Stafford, Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton.

Pretty impressive for the Rookie. He is 10th in the NFL with 13TD passes, which is #1 for all Rookie QBs.

He has a chance at the all time rookie TD pass record of 26 by Peyton Manning.

:thumbup:

Wading through the BS - is he worth a sport start to cover for byes this week?
I would say so. I had to start him last week with Fitzpatrick on a bye. It worked out well. Thinking of starting him this week over Fitz. He's been more consistent as of late, although Fitz always fairs well against the Pats.

Plays the Jets in Seattle today.

This is the first time Seattle walks into a game heavily favored this year. Seattle is a very young team. This is the sort of game where I somewhat expect Seattle to disappoint. I think we get a good look at where our future expectations will go with this team. They've shown tons of potential. Will they start to become a more dominant team that crushes an inferior opponent? Or will they struggle to find consistency and allow the Jets to make this a game?

Given the way Wilson has approached his craft to this point I fully expect him to come out prepared to play, but I have doubts about some of his teammates. I won't be surprised to see mental lapses or guys playing down to the level of their opponents.

Plays the Jets in Seattle today.This is the first time Seattle walks into a game heavily favored this year. Seattle is a very young team. This is the sort of game where I somewhat expect Seattle to disappoint. I think we get a good look at where our future expectations will go with this team. They've shown tons of potential. Will they start to become a more dominant team that crushes an inferior opponent? Or will they struggle to find consistency and allow the Jets to make this a game? Given the way Wilson has approached his craft to this point I fully expect him to come out prepared to play, but I have doubts about some of his teammates. I won't be surprised to see mental lapses or guys playing down to the level of their opponents.
You nailed this, other than the part about RW being prepared to play. He also looks a bit bewildered thus far, as do many of his teammates. Yeah, he made a nice throw but Tate made an even better catch on that TD. They better get it together or they will lose today.

Plays the Jets in Seattle today.This is the first time Seattle walks into a game heavily favored this year. Seattle is a very young team. This is the sort of game where I somewhat expect Seattle to disappoint. I think we get a good look at where our future expectations will go with this team. They've shown tons of potential. Will they start to become a more dominant team that crushes an inferior opponent? Or will they struggle to find consistency and allow the Jets to make this a game? Given the way Wilson has approached his craft to this point I fully expect him to come out prepared to play, but I have doubts about some of his teammates. I won't be surprised to see mental lapses or guys playing down to the level of their opponents.
You nailed this, other than the part about RW being prepared to play. He also looks a bit bewildered thus far, as do many of his teammates. Yeah, he made a nice throw but Tate made an even better catch on that TD. They better get it together or they will lose today.
Definitely struggling to put the Jets away. Seattle started with the ball at the 40 on their first four possessions and managed only one TD. A better team wouldn't let the Jets off the hook. This would be a blowout already.

Wilson struggled early, but recovered big time in the second half. Loved the way he moved in the pocket and kept eyes down field.

Wilson struggled early, but recovered big time in the second half. Loved the way he moved in the pocket and kept eyes down field.
Agreed. He settled down in the 2nd half and managed the game quite well. He's definitely progressing nicely. We may rue those losses to Arizona and St. Louis early in the year due to his inexperience but RW will likely pay dividends down the road. I really like the kid.

2 more Tds today....now a rookie qb leading 15 Tds
Luck also has 15 TD's.
Sure, if you include his rushing TDs. On that note, there's not a sane person you can debate with over who will likely be the better QB long term.If you want to argue with a troll or a mentally disabled person on the internet, how exactly can you feel like you've won? Don't you both pretty much walk away looking like idiots?

Interesting stat heading into the bye: Seattle's first three draft picks yielded the leading rookie in sacks, tackles and TD passes.

Well done Schneider and Carroll.

Interesting stat heading into the bye: Seattle's first three draft picks yielded the leading rookie in sacks, tackles and TD passes. Well done Schneider and Carroll.
:goodposting:They took a lot of heat and general dismay over it. Glad they stuck to their guns. Carroll still has lots of work to do himself as a coach, especially in-game, but their prep, player evaluation and drafts have been pretty stellar.

Users who are viewing this thread