What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (6 Viewers)

I have been posting in here repeatedly good or bad with Wilson. I was of the camp that felt Flynn should have been starting this year. Wilson has now done enough to proven that he was the right choice thus far for sure.

Right now Seattle needs to be way less conservative with Wilson. Someone made mention earlier in this thread about this style of play that Seattle has elected to go with being such a fine line between winning and losing. They need to try to put some of these games away instead of letting inferior teams hang around. Let Wilson throw more and bury some of these teams.

I have been posting in here repeatedly good or bad with Wilson. I was of the camp that felt Flynn should have been starting this year. Wilson has now done enough to proven that he was the right choice thus far for sure. Right now Seattle needs to be way less conservative with Wilson. Someone made mention earlier in this thread about this style of play that Seattle has elected to go with being such a fine line between winning and losing. They need to try to put some of these games away instead of letting inferior teams hang around. Let Wilson throw more and bury some of these teams.
I'll take that as you have decided to eat crow. :banned:I do agree they need to throw more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been posting in here repeatedly good or bad with Wilson. I was of the camp that felt Flynn should have been starting this year. Wilson has now done enough to proven that he was the right choice thus far for sure. Right now Seattle needs to be way less conservative with Wilson. Someone made mention earlier in this thread about this style of play that Seattle has elected to go with being such a fine line between winning and losing. They need to try to put some of these games away instead of letting inferior teams hang around. Let Wilson throw more and bury some of these teams.
I'll take that as you have decided to eat crow. :banned:I do agree they need to throw more.
Sure call it eating crow at the moment for sure.However with 5 games left and a playoff berth on the line there is a lot left to the story (still 30% of the season left). Seattle should be in the playoffs. If they fail to make it and Wilson's play faulters down the stretch then call it a push.This is a team that at the moment is not even going to throw for 3,000 yards passing. That goes back to being far too conservative. It appears that Wilson can and should be throwing more. Will Wilson respond when they need him more?He has a couple of tough match ups down the stretch where they will need him to step up vs Chicago and San Fran. He also will need to play better than his last 0 td 3 int game he had against St. Louis when they face them in week 17.

'proninja said:
The upside of this whole Sherman/Browner thing is that we might get to see how RW does when there is more asked of him.
Agreed. Plus they'll need to change from this frustrating vanilla defense and actually blitz, stunt, etc.

It's good to see that others are on the same page. This offense should not be content going up by a TD and then committing to run and controlling the clock. It is blatantly obvious that our defense is nowhere near what we thought it was. Pete Carroll needs to make it his goal to score 30 points a game, no matter what!

'bigdaddydave said:
It's good to see that others are on the same page. This offense should not be content going up by a TD and then committing to run and controlling the clock. It is blatantly obvious that our defense is nowhere near what we thought it was. Pete Carroll needs to make it his goal to score 30 points a game, no matter what!
Why stop at 30? :)

23-of-37 passes for 293 yards & 2TDs passing....

He is on pace to break Mannings rookie TD record, he just had his 3rd come from behind vicotry, and last week he broke the all time rookie record for completions in a row w/ 16.

ROY! :thumbup:

Haven't seen the haters return.... they must have all choked on crow.

Luck is 8-4 with a team that went 2-14 last season. Wilson has him on passer rating and he's been more efficient, but he has a MUCH better running game and a MUCH better defense. Like... not even close.

Indy is 8-4 completely on the back of Luck. It's his award to lose.

I also love how you homers get all offended because I think Luck should/will win.

Just because I think he should win it doesn't mean I'm taking anything away from your boy. :shrug:

Luck has done more with much, much, much less.

I also love how you homers get all offended because I think Luck should/will win.Just because I think he should win it doesn't mean I'm taking anything away from your boy. :shrug:Luck has done more with much, much, much less.
You often walk into weddings and point out all the hot women that look better than the bride?

I also love how you homers get all offended because I think Luck should/will win.Just because I think he should win it doesn't mean I'm taking anything away from your boy. :shrug:Luck has done more with much, much, much less.
When you say Luck has done more, what exactly are you referring to? And that he has done it with much (...) less, have you seen Seattle's WR's throughout the entire season? They have not exactly been consistent. Wayne is hands down the best WR of the lot.

23-of-37 passes for 293 yards & 2TDs passing....He is on pace to break Mannings rookie TD record, he just had his 3rd come from behind vicotry, and last week he broke the all time rookie record for completions in a row w/ 16.ROY! :thumbup: Haven't seen the haters return.... they must have all choked on crow.
Over Andrew Luck? No way in hell.

23-of-37 passes for 293 yards & 2TDs passing....He is on pace to break Mannings rookie TD record, he just had his 3rd come from behind vicotry, and last week he broke the all time rookie record for completions in a row w/ 16.ROY! :thumbup: Haven't seen the haters return.... they must have all choked on crow.
I know the media won't let it happen....doesn't mean Wilson shouldn't win it.

I am a huge Wilson fan, but IMO there is no question Luck is the frontrunner. And RGIII is also in the hunt.

I also love how you homers get all offended because I think Luck should/will win.

Just because I think he should win it doesn't mean I'm taking anything away from your boy. :shrug:

When you say Luck has done more, what exactly are you referring to? And that he has done it with much (...) less, have you seen Seattle's WR's throughout the entire season? They have not exactly been consistent. Wayne is hands down the best WR of the lot.
Good job pointing out one receiver.You left out their respective running games and defenses.

GO!

Same here RN, Luck deserves the honor and he is going to win it. Wilson has been a good story but there is no comparison between the 2 QBs right now. We could fire up a thread though.

23-of-37 passes for 293 yards & 2TDs passing....

He is on pace to break Mannings rookie TD record, he just had his 3rd come from behind vicotry, and last week he broke the all time rookie record for completions in a row w/ 16.

ROY! :thumbup:

Haven't seen the haters return.... they must have all choked on crow.
I know the media won't let it happen....
LOLIndianapolis... media capital of the world!

The other rookie QB with 4 TD's...and 3 interceptions...that had to come from behind to beat a craptastic Detroit D? :pics:
Yeah, the "coming from behind" part had nothing to do with his defense giving up 8,000 yards. :mellow:
And Wilson has All-Pro receivers akin to Reggie Wayne to throw to? Last year's Colts team was 2-14 because they had the Scientist at QB rather than Peyton Manning. That team last year struggled, but looked FAR WORSE than they are on offense with a bad QB. A BAD D only serves up more opportunity for Luck to HAVE to put up more numbers. I'd guess Luck wins ROY as well, so I'm not trying to rail on you too bad. Just pointing out that each one is held back/pushed forward by the situation dealt to them by their team.

Good job pointing out one receiver.You left out their respective running games and defenses.

GO!
I assumed you were talking about offensive weapons, since neither QB is responsible for the play of the D. If you've been watching, Seattle's D has been soft up the middle and prone to giving up big plays. Their corners are getting beat repeatedly and even Earl Thomas has looked pedestrian today. Seattle's D hasn't been very good as a unit since the San Francisco loss.So how has Luck done more?

Same here RN, Luck deserves the honor and he is going to win it. Wilson has been a good story but there is no comparison between the 2 QBs right now. We could fire up a thread though.
Right now is a good time to compare, and I think the comparison is very close. 5 weeks ago, perhaps not.

You often walk into weddings and point out all the hot women that look better than the bride?
No. Why do you ask?
Is there a ROY thread? If not, go start one. If there is, feel free to contribute. You're making the effort in the Wilson thread to talk about how he's not deserving of some award, but some other player is. Color me shocked that someone disagrees with you. No one is "offended". You want to praise or criticize Wilson in this thread? Great. Have at it. But if you're criticism is that Wilson isn't someone else.... what's the point?

I know the media won't let it happen....doesn't mean Wilson shouldn't win it.
:lmao:

No. Why do you ask?
Is there a ROY thread? If not, go start one. If there is, feel free to contribute. You're making the effort in the Wilson thread to talk about how he's not deserving of some award, but some other player is. Color me shocked that someone disagrees with you. No one is "offended". You want to praise or criticize Wilson in this thread? Great. Have at it. But if you're criticism is that Wilson isn't someone else.... what's the point?
I didn't bring it up, Sparky.My post was a reply to a contention that Wilson is the ROY. Am I supposed to agree when I don't? Am I supposed to stay silent when I disagree with something? Good luck with either of those scenarios.

Luck has been anointed as the best QB prospect since Elway and has delivered. I don't understand how saying he'll win ROY elicits a :rolleyes: .
I think it's the implication that he needs his draft position to fall back on in order to win. RN thinks he's having a ROY season regardless of that.

Luck has been anointed as the best QB prospect since Elway and has delivered. I don't understand how saying he'll win ROY elicits a :rolleyes: .
Did JaMarcus Russell win the ROY? He was the 1st overall pick. Mel Kiper compared him favorably to Elway.http://1340thefan.com/espns-mel-kiper-compares-jamarcus-russell-to-john-elway-video/You mean he didn't automatically win it with those credentials? :shock:

I think it's the implication that he needs his draft position to fall back on in order to win. RN thinks he's having a ROY season regardless of that.
Of course.As if the ROY voters think to themselves... "Hmmm, not sure if he deserves to win. Where was he drafted?"

'proninja said:
I really don't care at all about Luck or the ROY vote. The Seahawks have a rookie QB who not only led them on a go-ahead drive with hardly any time left, but then on a long winning drive in OT. He did this on the road in December against Chicago with a 10am PT start time. I have no idea when the last time that happened was, but it's been a long time, rookie or no. ROY awards don't mean a thing. Wilson has been great, and I love it.
As well you should. He's an exciting young player.I wish we had one of those. :kicksrock:

:lmao: 5'-11"...maybe. He will go the way of Troy Smith and Pat White, both thought of as potential NFL starters yet failed miserably. His best case scenario is backup and injury fill in like that Wallace bum who I saw that they likened him to during the draft.
And this comes from a guy that thought Charlie Whitehurst was going to start over TJax last year. :thumbup:
Where is t-joke now? Waterboy, that's where. That's how bad he is. Whitehurst obviously should have been starting. They fixed that mistake with Flynn, not the midget you are in love with.
I loved FavreCo's work in last year's Tebow thread. He doesn't bump this thread as often, though.

I didn't much care who won the QB battle, especially since all we really saw was preseason and not all the hours of study, instruction and practice, as long as the best long term option was who they picked. I'm thinking Pete and John made the right call.

Funny thing is Wilson leads luck in almost every statistical category yet he won't sniff ROY. Only more to fuel Wilsons fire.
“He’s now beaten Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady,” cornerback Richard Sherman said. “These are things you got to think about, but he might get overlooked because of where we are and the team he’s on.”

After the game, receivers talked glowingly about the e-mails and texts Wilson sends them at the beginning of every week to help them prepare for defenses. Tate recalled a text he received from Wilson on Monday that he said was “like a novel.”

“We communicate with him and he communicates with us,” Tate said. “He does everything perfect. I almost think he’s a perfect person.”
Most probably don't know that ^

Users who are viewing this thread