What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (3 Viewers)

Great player for real football but not good for fantasy this year. Doesn't even hardly run any longer. Seems to be having more accuracy problems this year. One game with more than one TD pass. No rushing TD's. They don't use Graham correctly. Don't think it will change either because they're winning games. I cut him for Tyrod Taylor. Didn't think I would ever be saying that when I thought I stole Wilson in the 7th rd of our draft.
None of this is true.

Great player for real football but not good for fantasy this year. Doesn't even hardly run any longer. Seems to be having more accuracy problems this year. One game with more than one TD pass. No rushing TD's. They don't use Graham correctly. Don't think it will change either because they're winning games. I cut him for Tyrod Taylor. Didn't think I would ever be saying that when I thought I stole Wilson in the 7th rd of our draft.
None of this is true.
BIG RED X.

Most of that is actually factual.

I'm gonna live or die with Russell this year. Hopefully the bye allowed the offense to get rested and ready for the next 7 weeks. Wilson and Marshawn are due for some big games.

None of this is true.
When did he get a rushing TD? When did he have his second multi TD game? When did he become a good fantasy player this year?

I will agree with you in pointing out though that things will likely change since seattle is not winning games. Wonder if one of those things will be getting graham more involved?

None of this is true.
So he's not a "great player for real football"?? Never thought I'd see the day :lmao: How quickly the tides turn!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in revisiting this thread in about 4 weeks. I think the Seahawks had one hell of a tough first half and I suspect this is more about the right time to buy low.

biju said:
I'm interested in revisiting this thread in about 4 weeks. I think the Seahawks had one hell of a tough first half and I suspect this is more about the right time to buy low.
I offered him to our Luck owner in exchange for a modest WR upgrade.

He turned it down in favor of a Stafford-Flacco platoon.

Dear tommyGunZ,

The Vikings are playing the Seahawks this week and Russell Wilson has me more than a little concerned that the Vikings will fail to contain him which will lead to some big plays that may be enough for the Vikings to lose this game.

If you would like to make any special proclamations about how well Wilson is going to play against the Vikings I would surely appreciate it.

TIA

Kind of crazy, but Jimmy Graham went out for the season and Wilson blew up 2 games in a row. It's hard to believe that adding Jimmy Graham actually seemed to hurt the offense.

Props to Bloom who had Wilson rated higher than most prognosticators this week. Putting him in will hopefully get me into the playoffs. He looked great today in a pretty tough matchup on paper, and I was really happy to see that rushing TD.

Tooting my own horn. Wilson's combined stats for the past four weeks:

Att: 118

Cmp: 80

Cmp %: 67.8%

Yards: 1,119

TDs: 12

INTs: 1

Rush Yards: 147

Rush TDs: 1

• Smile
Reactions: Jed
:lmao: 5'-11"...maybe. He will go the way of Troy Smith and Pat White, both thought of as potential NFL starters yet failed miserably. His best case scenario is backup and injury fill in like that Wallace bum who I saw that they likened him to during the draft. Fantaasy irrelevant. Smith http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=569728& http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=577975 among others White http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=466293 & http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=466116
Still one of the greatest posts in SP history.

By the way, Sherman is the real deal at CB. I think he's going to be a star for years to come.
Good times scanning the early pages of this thread. Found this gem. I've made mistakes in trying to predict future success before, but feeling comfortable with this call after Sherman's rookie season.

Lengthy article noting the incredible hot streak that Seattle QB Russell Wilson is on.

Go to LINK to see full read w/chart/photos and video at top of the page.

------------

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14363989/russell-wilson-playing-best-qb-second-half-ot-season-nfl

He won't win MVP, but nobody is outplaying Russell Wilson...Seattle's star quarterback just put up what could very well be considered the best four-game stretch in modern NFL history.

...Since losing to the Cardinals in Week 10, Wilson's numbers are surreal... He has gone 89-for-118 for 1,171 passing yards. That's a staggering 75.4 percent completion percentage and an average of 9.9 yards per pass attempt. Even more impressively, he has thrown 16 touchdowns without a single interception.

It all adds up to a passer rating of 145.9. Pro-football-reference.com has game logs for quarterbacks going back through the 1960 season, 10 years before the AFL-NFL merger.

Do you know how many quarterbacks have thrown 100 or more attempts over a four-game stretch and posted a better passer rating over that span than Wilson? Zero. It has never happened before:

(Click link to article to see chart and rest of article)

...it's totally reasonable to say that Russell Wilson has just wrapped up one of the best quarter-seasons the league has ever seen.

And, of course, there are reasons to argue that Wilson has had it harder than most. He lost the guy who was nominally designed to be his top receiver, Jimmy Graham, to a season-ending injury halfway through this stretch. Wilson's top offensive weapon, Marshawn Lynch, hasn't been around for the entirety of this run, having last played against the Cardinals in Week 10. He lost undrafted rookie Thomas Rawls to a broken ankle early Sunday. His receiving corps currently consists of two undrafted free agent wide receivers, a rookie third-rounder who was the 10th wideout taken in this year's draft, a third-year tight end taken in the fifth round and a 34-year-old running back who was let go in August...

I'm gonna live or die with Russell this year. Hopefully the bye allowed the offense to get rested and ready for the next 7 weeks. Wilson and Marshawn are due for some big games.
Made the semi's in 3/4 leagues, leading all 3 in total points on the season.

Willlllllllllllllsooooonnnnnnnnn

Russell Wilson: International Man of History

@KennethArthuRS
Russell Wilson only has 13 fewer touchdown passes than Peyton Manning had over his first four seasons.

@KennethArthuRS
Russell Wilson ranks through 4 seasons (min. 40 starts): 3rd in comp%, 1st in INT%, t6th in TDs, 2nd passer rating, 4th Y/A, t1st wins

@KennethArthuRS
How many players had 20 passing TDs in each of their first 4 seasons?
Peyton Manning
Dan Marino
Russell Wilson

As long as Wilson doesn't throw four interceptions over the last three games, he will have finished with at least 20 touchdowns and 10 or fewer interceptions in each of his first four seasons. No other QB has ever done that. In fact, no other QB has ever done that three times in his first four seasons. In fact, the only other QB to ever do that even twice was Jeff Garcia.
:thumbup:

Browns coach Mike Pettine said Wednesday that he would not include Russell Wilson in the top tier of NFL quarterbacks.
"Would you put him there with the guys that can transcend their supporting cast?" Pettine asked rhetorically. "The Bradys, whether it's Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, the ones that you would consider the two, three, four elite guys? No. But he's certainly played himself into that next tier." Pettine indicated he believes Wilson's success is a "function" of Wilson's supporting cast -- a supporting cast that this year has included one of the NFL's worst offensive lines, the loss of Jimmy Graham to a torn patellar tendon, an injury-decimated running game, and no prototype No. 1 receiver. "He plays at a high level, he's very productive and they win," Pettine continued. "Now a lot of that I think is a function, too, is he's the perfect quarterback for what they do. To me it goes both ways."

I didnt need bulletin board material as I face him this weekend. Screw you Browns, you are a terrible, joke of a franchise.

proninja said:
Browns coach Mike Pettine said Wednesday that he would not include Russell Wilson in the top tier of NFL quarterbacks.
"Would you put him there with the guys that can transcend their supporting cast?" Pettine asked rhetorically. "The Bradys, whether it's Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, the ones that you would consider the two, three, four elite guys? No. But he's certainly played himself into that next tier." Pettine indicated he believes Wilson's success is a "function" of Wilson's supporting cast -- a supporting cast that this year has included one of the NFL's worst offensive lines, the loss of Jimmy Graham to a torn patellar tendon, an injury-decimated running game, and no prototype No. 1 receiver. "He plays at a high level, he's very productive and they win," Pettine continued. "Now a lot of that I think is a function, too, is he's the perfect quarterback for what they do. To me it goes both ways."
Gonna be awesome when Russell shreds his team this weekend with Bryce Brown, Christine Michael, Doug Baldwin, Luke Willson, and Tyler Lockett

Also, I love that Carroll always has positive things to say about the opponents' stars.
Brady

Ben

Palmer

Cam

Rodgers

Luck

That is 6. No Wilson is not a Top 5 QB in the NFL.

Give Luck Seattles D and run game.

proninja said:
Gonna be awesome when Russell shreds his team this weekend with Bryce Brown, Christine Michael, Doug Baldwin, Luke Willson, and Tyler Lockett

Also, I love that Carroll always has positive things to say about the opponents' stars.
Brady

Ben

Palmer

Cam

Rodgers

Luck

Wilson destroys Luck in every rate stat.

Completions: 64.7% to 58.1%

YPA: 8.1 to 7.0

Passer rating: 101.3 to 85.0

Rushing YPA: 5.9 to 5.0

TD%: 6.0 to 4.8

INT%: 2.0 to 2.6

In terms of what they've actually done on the field, Luck can't sniff Wilson's jock strap.

If you wanna play the "what if" game, give Wilson Luck's hype and 150 more passing attempts a season.

Except he is out playing everyone of those QBs this year, and most of them the last 4.
wat :no:

I really like Wilson, but you're deluding yourself.

At times Wilson has outplayed the Staffords, the Lucks, the Daltons, the Ryans, the Newtons. But hes absolutely in that second tier with all those guys.

Hes not in the realm of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers and if we're talking the past 4 years, Peyton - hes got quite a few years of a level of production he has never reached to still go to be even considered. I do think he has the trajectory though, he seems like he has limitless potential, I feel like he could end up somewhere between Rodgers and Brady but he needs to improve and hes got plenty of time.

But just like Newton, hes been pedestrian much of the year, but has been on fire the last few weeks.

proninja said:

Brady

Ben

Palmer

Cam

Rodgers

Luck

I'm taking Wilson over Palmer and Cam all day long. Taking him over Luck this year as well, we'll see if Luck comes back next year. He was not good this year at all regardless of his line or skill players around him or whatever other excuse people want to use.

Except he is out playing everyone of those QBs this year, and most of them the last 4.
proninja said:

Brady

Ben

Palmer

Cam

Rodgers

Luck

I'm taking Wilson over Palmer and Cam all day long.Taking him over Luck this year as well, we'll see if Luck comes back next year. He was not good this year at all regardless of his line or skill players around him or whatever other excuse people want to use.
Over Cam? Over Luck?

This is what happens, people become such prisoners of the moment. We will see if Luck comes back? :lmao:

Excuses? What does a line have to do with it? I dont know, tell me why Wilson was so bad early on if line doesnt matter.

So how about the stretch of 7 games with only 1 TD for Wilson?

Until week 10 he had 10 total TDs, 10. Thats it. 10 to go along with 9 turnovers.

He has been on fire and always people will become prisoner of the moment.

I get it, he is on your teams and this hot stretch has helped you.

No way I take him over Luck in fantasy or real life just because he had a hot 4 or 5 games.

Give luck this same offense and defense.

He is out playing Brady?

He is out playing Cam?

He is out playing Palmer?

He is out playing Rodgers?

This is exactly what happens when a player gets hot, people get excited and lose their minds.

I can make a case that Bortles is playing better than him this season.

Just look at Wilsons first 10 games, get back to me.

proninja said:
dirtyjay said:
MG345 said:
He is out playing Brady?

He is out playing Cam?

This is exactly what happens when a player gets hot, people get excited and lose their minds.

This is what happens when people get cold and lose their minds.

He's the qb he's been since he entered the league. It's been a heck of a start to a career, and he appears to be maybe taking the next step. He had a bad run early this season, that doesn't take away any more or less than the last few games give. Ignoring either is folly. He's both, and combined it's pretty good.
:goodposting:

dirtyjay said:
MG345 said:
The General said:
dirtyjay said:
proninja said:
Ladsud said:

Brady

Ben

Palmer

Cam

Rodgers

Luck

I'm taking Wilson over Palmer and Cam all day long.Taking him over Luck this year as well, we'll see if Luck comes back next year. He was not good this year at all regardless of his line or skill players around him or whatever other excuse people want to use.
Over Cam? Over Luck?

This is what happens, people become such prisoners of the moment. We will see if Luck comes back? :lmao:

Excuses? What does a line have to do with it? I dont know, tell me why Wilson was so bad early on if line doesnt matter.

Until week 10 he had 10 total TDs, 10. Thats it. 10 to go along with 9 turnovers.

No way I take him over Luck in fantasy or real life just because he had a hot 4 or 5 games.

Over Cam for sure. Wilson is just better. I do like Cam though of course. And Luck, Palmer.

I'm taking Wilson if game is on the line over anyone except Brady and Rodgers. Put Ben up there as well.

dirtyjay said:
MG345 said:
The General said:
dirtyjay said:
proninja said:
Ladsud said:

Brady

Ben

Palmer

Cam

Rodgers

Luck

Over Cam? Over Luck?

Over Cam for sure. Wilson is just better. I do like Cam though of course. And Luck, Palmer.

I'm taking Wilson if game is on the line over anyone except Brady and Rodgers. Put Ben up there as well.
Good, because he will throw an interception.

dirtyjay said:
MG345 said:
He is out playing Brady?

He is out playing Cam?

Yep, better than all of those players over the course of the season, and better than most of those players the last 4 years. The numbers don't lie, and neither do the wins. Yes, he has had cold stretches. Even in those stretches he was incredibly efficient with the ball, despite playing behind one of the worst lines in the league. It isn't like his passer rating, completion %, deep ball efficiency, etc, all sprung up over night.

dirtyjay said:
MG345 said:
He is out playing Brady?

He is out playing Cam?

Yep, better than all of those players over the course of the season, and better than most of those players the last 4 years. The numbers don't lie, and neither do the wins. Yes, he has had cold stretches. Even in those stretches he was incredibly efficient with the ball, despite playing behind one of the worst lines in the league. It isn't like his passer rating, completion %, deep ball efficiency, etc, all sprung up over night.
The numbers lied to you or you are reading them wrong.

All 4 are better than Russell in fantasy stats in PPR and all have as many if not more wins and one is undefeated.

Are you just trying to be silly, because its working.

To say he has been better than Brady is a flat out ridiculous remark.

Sick burn. Have watched every QB make a bad throw in much lesser situations. That throw wasn't even awful, dumb call and a great play by Butler.

Wilson in clutch situations is amazing, unreal composure. Maybe we will get to see a little more out of Cam, Palmer this year. Haven't been blown away with those results so far. Would take Wilson over both those guys in playoff game.

Luck may have to wait a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread