What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (3 Viewers)

For a while I was very much not in on Wilson. I though one of these days he's gonna spin into a linebacker and get destroyed.

i kept watching, he kept having that 6th sense and being able to evade and evade and work untill the receiver got open.

he really is a special and unique talent at QB. 

But I do keep wondering if that big hit is gonna come - the new OL doesn't help...

he's going pretty consistently in the 3-4-5 rounds, when I'm not really looking QB, but if healthy he'll return value at that price for sure.

In fact if healthy I believe he'll improve since the SEA run game seems to have taken a step back. 

Talented kid though. Fun to watch.  

This is gonna sound crazy but to me: A bad OL helps Wilsons fantasy value. Hear me out: It totally burns and hurts the seahawks... but with wilsons ability not to take shots, and his insane ability to escape-- scramble, and throw on the run- he can gobble up fantasy points like crazy. In 2014, I owned him when every other week another OL was getting hurt and he went on a 6-7 game stretch where he was running for 50-60 every week and making routine deep throws out of the pocket. I think he scored 18+ points like 7 weeks in a row or something. 

Russell Wilson is undergoing "precautionary" X-rays on his injured ankle following Sunday's Week 1 win over the Dolphins.
Wilson hurt his ankle in the second half but didn't miss any playing time. Now that he's off the ankle, it's probably going to start swelling up on him. We doubt the nature of his injury is that serious, but we'll await word sometime this week. Tentatively expect Wilson to be fine for Week 2 against the Rams.

Source: Bob Holtzman on Twitter 
Sep 11 - 7:59 PM

Maybe now I don't have to debate starting Winston over him next week.

I really hope he gets better though.  Maybe my favorite NFL player right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell expects Russell Wilson (ankle) to be "full go" for Week 2 against the Rams.
Bevell added that Wilson will have "no limitations." Wilson caused a stir when he sprained his ankle against the Dolphins in Week 1 but he's going to be fine. Russ will have a chance to pad his stats Sunday against a Rams squad on the verge of hitting rock bottom.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter 
Sep 14 - 7:21 PM

Multiple reports saying he's battling a high ankle sprain yet he's not even on the injury report.

Huge disconnect here.

Will be very curious to see how Wilson performed. Either the media are morons or Carroll is messing around with the injury report.

Multiple reports saying he's battling a high ankle sprain yet he's not even on the injury report.

Huge disconnect here.

Will be very curious to see how Wilson performed. Either the media are morons or Carroll is messing around with the injury report.
He practiced if full every day.  How is that messing with the injury report?

He was out of a walking boot the night of the injury, I believe. From people that have seen Russell, they have said the injury wasn't as bad as it first appeared, based on how RW has responded. That all said, it wouldn't surprise me that RW would try to will himself through the pain.

He's killing me. that said any other qb wouldn't have been on the field today.  I should've benched him. oh well.

He's going to be gimpy for awhile. If you saw the Suh hit he took on the foot it looked pretty nasty. Rams pass rush always kills Seattle and they get the Niners at home next week but fantasy wise Wilson will be struggling I think to put up big games for a bit here. 

Russell Wilson exited Sunday's Week 3 game against the 49ers with a left ankle or knee injury.
Wilson came into the game battling a high ankle sprain to his right leg. On a third-quarter play, Wilson appeared to injure his left knee and/or ankle and was fitted for a brace by trainers on the sideline. Trevone Boykin has entered. We did notice Wilson standing on the sideline with his helmet still on, but it would be silly for the Seahawks to let him back in up 27-3. FOX's Pam Oliver later reported Wilson's day is "done."

Sep 25 - 6:14 PM

Coach Pete Carroll said Russell Wilson (knee) is doing "remarkably well," and he expects him to practice Wednesday and play Week 4 against the Jets.
"We feel like he's gonna be fine," Carroll said. Carroll has always seen things better than they may truly be, but all indications are Wilson will be able to go next Sunday. If he's seriously dealing with a sprained MCL, expect the Seahawks to take it easy on Wilson during the practice week. Wilson will be a borderline QB1/2 at less than 100 percent against the Jets' feared front four.

Source: Gregg Bell on Twitter 
Sep 26 - 6:14 PM

About to drop him for either of -

seiman or tannehill who both have some nice games next few weeks as opposed to the jets and a BYE

About to drop him for either of -

seiman or tannehill who both have some nice games next few weeks as opposed to the jets and a BYE

Or you could keep Wilson, pick up Simien/Tannehill for the short term and drop someone else. Once Wilson is healthy, you are going to really regret letting him go.

I don't see the reason to fear the Jets. They allowed 297 passing and 3 tds to Tyrod Taylor, who had a hobbled Watkins. They allowed 366 passing yards and 1 td to Dalton. The other game was Alex Smith, who went for 237 yards, 1 td and 0 ints. The Jets are a stout run defense, so I'd be concerned about Michael more than Wilson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Flacco to start over Wilson this week. Injury seems funky.

Holding though, not going to give up his usual late season spike. Anyone dropping Wilson is foolish in my opinion. At the very least he has trade value on name alone.

I think that bottom line from the 9ers game was a littl deceiving in retrospect. Boykin by himself got 60+ yards and a TD. I think Wilson would have easily have gotten that himself in that game. It was basically a 300 yard, 2 TD game. However the MCL and ankle likely really affect him in the run game.

Or you could keep Wilson, pick up Simien/Tannehill for the short term and drop someone else. Once Wilson is healthy, you are going to really regret letting him go.

I don't see the reason to fear the Jets. They allowed 297 passing and 3 tds to Tyrod Taylor, who had a hobbled Watkins. They allowed 366 passing yards and 1 td to Dalton. The other game was Alex Smith, who went for 237 yards, 1 td and 0 ints. The Jets are a stout run defense, so I'd be concerned about Michael more than Wilson.
I can't roster more then two QB and my other guy is Winston 

i will pick Wilson back up in a few weeks unless someone takes him next week on his BYE

im in first overall but need a qb with decent match ups the next few weeks 

i will pick Wilson back up in a few weeks unless someone takes him next week on his BYE

Someone will pick up Russell. Even with his injuries, he is still very much rosterable.

It's your team but I'd hang onto Russell and Winston and ride out the injury/tough matchups.

Someone will pick up Russell. Even with his injuries, he is still very much rosterable.

It's your team but I'd hang onto Russell and Winston and ride out the injury/tough matchups.
Appreciate the insight, I made the move for Tannehill.

they may get him, my league scores both overall - all 16 players and head to head so wilsons slow start and two weeks of crap are worth the risk for me.  

What can I say, I'm in first and want points now 

sjdogs said:

they may get him, my league scores both overall - all 16 players and head to head so wilsons slow start and two weeks of crap are worth the risk for me.  

you'll regret that.

sjdogs said:

I'm sure you are aware of this but it's worth mentioning that only 3 games have passed. So acting with a sense of urgency at trying to keep your 1st place status this early is really questionable.

sjdogs said:

In a few weeks?

Last year was last year. Foolish to think the same thing will happen again for no reason .  Let's see. Tannehill got me 20 points 

Looks like I was wrong on this one, been around a few decades so can't always be right. Guarantee you I had 3 better weeks then almost anyone in this thread telling me I'm a clown on this call in the subscriber contest.  Relax guys, thanks for the insight

Looks like I was wrong on this one, been around a few decades so can't always be right. Guarantee you I had 3 better weeks then almost anyone in this thread telling me I'm a clown on this call in the subscriber contest.  Relax guys, thanks for the insight
Solid crow...

"Can I be in your league?" 

Users who are viewing this thread