Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ImTheScientist

***Russell Wilson Bandwagon***

Recommended Posts

Started him. Spent most of the game regretting it. Then the next thing you know you look up and he's got 19 points.

Schedule looks great. And Baldwin may have just shown up for the season. Maybe Wilson and Seattle roll here for the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Started him. Spent most of the game regretting it. Then the next thing you know you look up and he's got 19 points.

Schedule looks great. And Baldwin may have just shown up for the season. Maybe Wilson and Seattle roll here for the rest of the season.

against that decimated secondary.... 19 points is not good enough.... it's not good enough for any week in 2018 NFL... 19 pts is QB15... which is what wilson is currently at in my scoring for the year. 

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamkoza said:

against that decimated secondary.... 19 points is not good enough.... it's not good enough for any week in 2018 NFL... 19 pts is QB15... which is what wilson is currently at in my scoring for the year. 

Well...I've been streaming QBs all season. I'll take it.

Question: Wilson is #15...I'd be interested to know how many points separate say, QB8 from QB17? I bet not much. 

Unless you have Mahommes, Brees, Wentz, Luck there's a lot of the same guys doing the same thing week in week out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great article on how focus under new OC on technique improvements and improved fundamentals with Wilson have created the insane efficiency we are seeing in Wilson’s game right now.

Good read

https://beastpode.com/2018/12/03/film-tape-accountability-russell-wilson-seattle-seahawks-breakdown-san-francisco-49ers/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have this awful feeling that the regression fairies are going to nail Wilson at the worst possible time. Maybe not this week vs MN where he may be forced to throw more than usual.

Week 15 @SF could be a prime spot. I mean...he threw 4 TDs and threw the ball how many times? 

Week 16 vs. KC...if you make it that far that is a great spot for Wilson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is hysterical.

Russell Wilson was able to nail the 49ers with a penalty for offsides when he 'allegedly' threw the shoe of the MLB for the Niners back behind the LOS and then ran up and got the snap off before the guy could track down his shoe, lol. 🤣👟:lmao:

Quote

 

'Exquisite' Russell Wilson making most of his opportunities

RENTON, Wash. -- Officially, Russell Wilson completed 11 of 17 attempts on Sunday. But there might have been one more throw not accounted for on the stat sheet.

It allegedly involved a shoe.

Specifically, the one that slipped off the left foot of San Francisco 49erslinebacker Fred Warner late in the third quarter of the Seattle Seahawks' blowout win at home. According to 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan, Wilson picked up the shoe and tossed it several yards behind the line of scrimmage. The 49ers were flagged for offside on the next play when they were trying to get a replacement for Warner onto the field before the hurrying-up Seahawks got off their next snap. Shanahan cited that sequence as the reason he lost his cool and drew a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

There's a joke to be made about the shoe toss being another example of Wilson making the most out of his limited opportunities to throw this season.

After all, the offside penalty negated a sack, the unsportsmanlike conduct gave the Seahawks 10 free yards and they scored three plays later, when Wilson found Jaron Brown for his fourth and final touchdown pass of the game.

 

Good stuff, lol.

Edited by Bracie Smathers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Russell Wilson completed just 10-of-20 passes for 72 scoreless yards and an interception in the Seahawks' 21-7, Week 14 win over the Vikings.

Wilson at least made up for it a bit with 61 rushing yards, but he was one of the worst fantasy quarterbacks of the week. His big gaffe was just a flat-out stupid decision with six seconds left in the first half; Wilson was chased from the pocket, did a 360 turn, then blindly flung an interception right to LB Eric Kendricks with the Seahawks up 3-0 and near the goal line. Wilson never recovered and was bad all night. Seattle still won with ease on the back of Chris Carson and the run game along with the defense. Wilson should rebound next week at the Niners.

Dec 10 - 11:25 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson torched SF at home last time out on extremely low passing volume. Anyone else a bit nervous about Wilson in the semis just handing off and letting the D due it's thing?

The regression fairies have been lurking. Need ceiling in the semis. Not sure Wilson provides it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel same way but my other qb is Winston against Baltimore.

49ers have been generating offense lately so if 49ers try to shut down run it could open up the pass. Other options are Allen or Carr. Hate to go into semis using such volatile options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 5:18 AM, kyoun1e said:

Wilson torched SF at home last time out on extremely low passing volume. Anyone else a bit nervous about Wilson in the semis just handing off and letting the D due it's thing?

The regression fairies have been lurking. Need ceiling in the semis. Not sure Wilson provides it.

I love the matchup, but super scared the Seahawks get an early lead and just run the ball. 

Starting Luck instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Dak in over him, and if not Dak, I would probably start Lamar Jackson over him.  He was providing decent fantasy output despite just 20ish attempts per game all season, but that never seemed sustainable or reliable.  Last week we saw what happens when the stars dont align.  The floor is just too low to trust at this time of year, assuming you have other decent options.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChuckLiddell said:

I have Dak in over him, and if not Dak, I would probably start Lamar Jackson over him.  He was providing decent fantasy output despite just 20ish attempts per game all season, but that never seemed sustainable or reliable.  Last week we saw what happens when the stars dont align.  The floor is just too low to trust at this time of year, assuming you have other decent options.

I have L. Jackson that I could sub in. J. Allen also on the wire sitting there.

My hope here is that @SF, maybe SF puts up more of a fight. They seem stronger against the run and are without a doubt super weak against the pass. And turnovers are non existent.

I face P. Mahommes tonight. I think a lot may depend on if Mahommes goes nuts or not. If yes, I'm searching for upside. If not, maybe I play it safe with Wilson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Russell Wilson completed 23-of-31 passes for 237 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' Week 15 overtime loss to the 49ers.

This was a game the Seahawks should have won but personal fouls and sloppy defense cost them the win. The offense looked good for most of the game however. Wilson was able to pick on the backup corners which led to two easy touchdowns, and Chris Carson picked up 119 yards on 22 carries. Wilson can still pop for bigger fantasy lines as a passer, but it's hard for him to have a huge ceiling when he's not running the ball like he used to. Wilson will still be a QB1 in next week's home matchup against the Chiefs.

Dec 16 - 8:37 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2012 at 8:54 AM, FavreCo said:

:lmao: 5'-11"...maybe. He will go the way of Troy Smith and Pat White, both thought of as potential NFL starters yet failed miserably. His best case scenario is backup and injury fill in like that Wallace bum who I saw that they likened him to during the draft.

Fantaasy irrelevant.

Smith

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=569728 & http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=577975 among others

White

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=466293 & http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=466116

Still makes me laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Russell Wilson completed 18-of-27 passes for 233 yards and one touchdown in Seattle's Wild Card loss to the Cowboys.

Although his numbers don't jump off the page, Wilson was spectacular the few times he was allowed to throw, averaging 8.6 YPA through the air. The elephant in the room was Pete Carroll's and Brian Schottenheimer's offensive play-calling, which essentially handcuffed Wilson (despite his success) and stubbornly stayed establishing the run to the tune of 2.8 yards per tote on 21 total carries. To call Seattle's approach embarrassing is an insult to the term 'embarrassing.' If the coaching infrastructure stays in place this offseason (and we expect it to), consider Wilson a low-end QB1 entering the new league year due solely to the fact that he'll spend more time handing the ball off rather than being allowed to make downfield plays. His 3,448 passing yards from the regular season were his lowest since 2013.

Jan 5 - 11:53 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How many NFL records does Wilson own?  Best first 7 seasons by any QB.

Amazing talent.

Edited by ZenoRazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Seattle Times reports contract-year QB Russell Wilson has given the Seahawks an April 15 deadline in extension talks.

That is the day the Seahawks' offseason program begins. It is unclear if Wilson would actually cease negotiating by the middle of this month. That would be a highly-unusual strategy. Unless Wilson is prepared to toe the hardest of lines, the more traditional deadline is Week 1. The Seattle Times reports that the sides have indeed talked in recent days. At $33.5 million per season, Aaron Rodgers is currently the league's highest-paid quarterback. That number figures to be Wilson's over/under.

SOURCE: Seattle Times

Apr 2, 2019, 2:00 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

35 mill ?......well if anyone is worth it it's Russell Wilson.

I don't think most really get what the guy has done in his 7 years.  A legit case can be made that nobody did it better in their first 7 seasons than Russell Wilson.  He has a list of NFL records/firsts.

Edited by ZenoRazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The Seattle Times reports "there has been very little progress" in extension talks with contract-year QB Russell Wilson.

Wilson has given a deadline of April 15 — the start of Seattle's offseason program — for a new deal. That looks unlikely with talks still in the early stages. It's not clear how strict of a deadline this is for Wilson, as most teams prefer extensions closer to Week 1. The Seahawks have the option of franchising Wilson next offseason, but it'd be surprising if something doesn't get done.

SOURCE: Seattle Times

Apr 6, 2019, 3:04 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see him on a pass first offense, let him show off his arm, people forget he left Wisconsin as the NCAA single season passing efficency  record holder. 

Really got old.....it's that D and BEASTMODE.  That was so lame.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypothetically, lets say Seattle can't come to an agreement with Wilson. What is his trade value? 3 1st round picks? More/less? 

Who would be interested, I mean, obviously Wilson would be an upgrade for most teams, but who would be willing to throw the world at 1 player? The Titans make a lot of sense to me. 2 1sts, 2 2nds and Mariota maybe? Raiders for all 3 1st rounders and Carr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has to be worth 4 first rounders unless more than 1 is early. He's one of the best QBs in football and is only 30.  Easily in the conversation for the top 5 QBs in the game. 

If Wilson got traded, that would probably be huge for his fantasy value.  Can't have any lower volume than Seattle. 

How about Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, NY Giants,  and Washington as very interested teams?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

He has to be worth 4 first rounders unless more than 1 is early. He's one of the best QBs in football and is only 30.  Easily in the conversation for the top 5 QBs in the game. 

If Wilson got traded, that would probably be huge for his fantasy value.  Can't have any lower volume than Seattle. 

How about Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, NY Giants,  and Washington as very interested teams?

Id be pissed if my team gave up  two firsts for him.  And I am a Dolphins fan.  And a Wilson fan.  And a Phish fan.  

Its not the picks that are the problem.  Paying one player that large of a percentage of your salary cap is crippling.  The teams that win Super Bowls seem to be for the most part teams with QBS on rookie deals, or a team where the star QB takes a very team-friendly deal.  We know Brady does, and I think Brees does too (although I dont know that for sure).  Stafford and Rodgers are making bank, and they arent even taking their teams to the playoffs.  Probably because they cannot afford to build a team around them with so much money tied to one player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Id be pissed if my team gave up  two firsts for him.  And I am a Dolphins fan.  And a Wilson fan.  And a Phish fan.  

Its not the picks that are the problem.  Paying one player that large of a percentage of your salary cap is crippling.  The teams that win Super Bowls seem to be for the most part teams with QBS on rookie deals, or a team where the star QB takes a very team-friendly deal.  We know Brady does, and I think Brees does too (although I dont know that for sure).  Stafford and Rodgers are making bank, and they arent even taking their teams to the playoffs.  Probably because they cannot afford to build a team around them with so much money tied to one player.

You would be pissed if the Miami Dolphins spent two first round draft picks on Russell Wilson?

I'm curious about how you think the Dolphins should address the quarterback position.

What do you want the Dolphins to do at QB and how do you see it playing out if they follow your plan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

How about Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, NY Giants,  and Washington as very interested teams?

Washington is still paying Alex Smith on his fully guaranteed contract and paying keenum. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way they're trading Wilson. With due respect to the idea of the exercise and the poster that suggested it, the effort exerted in debating it seems like a waste of time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

There's no way they're trading Wilson. With due respect to the idea of the exercise and the poster that suggested it, the effort exerted in debating it seems like a waste of time.  

He's a multi Pro Bowl QB who has consistently been to the playoffs and won a Super Bowl and he's under the age of 35 entering his contract year.

Why haven't the Seahawks extended him well before now?  

It is a fair question because this never happens to QBs with his resume.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bracie Smathers said:

It is a fair question because this never happens to QBs with his resume.  

Okay. Fair enough. It shouldn't happen, but the Seahawks do things differently with contracts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Okay. Fair enough. It shouldn't happen, but the Seahawks do things differently with contracts. 

They built a SB team around Russell Wilson and his low rookie contract.

If their was an open unregulated free agency in the NFL he would get $40 million per year by some team so if Seattle is playing some strange game of chicken it could come back to bite them so I think they are seriously considering getting out from under the weight of the sort of contract he will demand and get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bracie Smathers said:

They built a SB team around Russell Wilson and his low rookie contract.

If their was an open unregulated free agency in the NFL he would get $40 million per year by some team so if Seattle is playing some strange game of chicken it could come back to bite them so I think they are seriously considering getting out from under the weight of the sort of contract he will demand and get.

Yep. Amazing how the rookie contract became such a competitive advantage to be written about over the past two years. Before, nobody really spoke of it. The CBA is going a long way in determining who dominates and how the league functions. 

And he would get something around $35-40 million in free agency if it came to that. I still don't think Seattle is seriously considering a different QB, though. I guess that's the debate, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yep. Amazing how the rookie contract became such a competitive advantage to be written about over the past two years. Before, nobody really spoke of it. The CBA is going a long way in determining who dominates and how the league functions. 

And he would get something around $35-40 million in free agency if it came to that. I still don't think Seattle is seriously considering a different QB, though. I guess that's the debate, though. 

The other thing is the CBA.

They are going to be negotiating a new CBA soon so that has to play a part their decision.

If they really wanted to extend Wilson it would have already gotten done.

This could turn into an OBJ type of deal where the Giants floated his name last year and then dealt him this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

You would be pissed if the Miami Dolphins spent two first round draft picks on Russell Wilson?

I'm curious about how you think the Dolphins should address the quarterback position.

What do you want the Dolphins to do at QB and how do you see it playing out if they follow your plan?

Yes, I would.  For all of the reasons I stated in my post.  Teams with QBs making a huge portion of the cap dont win.  They cant fill other holes.  And then, if you trade away all of your picks you not only lose the ability to build through free agency but then also through the draft.  Its not 100% that Seattle will keep him and pay him all of that money, and they dont even have to give up any picks to keep him - and he is the absolute face of their franchise.  There is a reason he has not been extended yet.  Its not a no-brainer in todays NFL.

What would I like the Dolphins to do...

I'd like them to follow the blueprint that recent super bowl teams and contenders have followed.  Draft a QB, and win while he is on a rookie deal.  Big Ben, Wilson, Wentz...teams all won with them on rookie deals.  Goff and Mahomes came real close.  Even Case Keenum came close on a cheap QB deal.  Watch Cleveland going forward.  Thats what I want Miami to do.  Not trade away valuable picks and put a $30M QB onto a terrible team that he cannot win with because they have no players and no draft picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Id be pissed if my team gave up  two firsts for him.  And I am a Dolphins fan.  And a Wilson fan.  And a Phish fan.  

Its not the picks that are the problem.  Paying one player that large of a percentage of your salary cap is crippling.  The teams that win Super Bowls seem to be for the most part teams with QBS on rookie deals, or a team where the star QB takes a very team-friendly deal.  We know Brady does, and I think Brees does too (although I dont know that for sure).  Stafford and Rodgers are making bank, and they arent even taking their teams to the playoffs.  Probably because they cannot afford to build a team around them with so much money tied to one player.

I think this is a false narrative.  It reduces your margin for error, sure, but certainly doesn't cause the team to be bad because of QB pay.  

Rodgers is making bank, yet they still gave plenty of money to waste on essentially worthless players like Jimmy Graham. 

It's bad GMing, not because the QB gets paid. Brees makes 4 million less than Rodgers.  Less than the Packers spend on their kicker. Same for Brady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.