What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Combined Rookie Draft Board for 2012 (1 Viewer)

bronco fan

Footballguy
Hey Jene, are you going to publish your combined offense/IDP rookie draft board again this year?

I loved last year's edition, and I used it almost exclusively in all of my rookie drafts. I love the format of seeing all of the players across the board with relative values. This format make so much more sense than just a listing or even a listing with tiers.

LIke many out there, all of my rookie drafts start this weekend, so if you can publish this soon, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for all of your hard work on not only this, but all of the things you do that make us fantasy football junkies more informed.

Dynasty Greg

Hey Jene, are you going to publish your combined offense/IDP rookie draft board again this year?I loved last year's edition, and I used it almost exclusively in all of my rookie drafts. I love the format of seeing all of the players across the board with relative values. This format make so much more sense than just a listing or even a listing with tiers.LIke many out there, all of my rookie drafts start this weekend, so if you can publish this soon, it would be greatly appreciated!Thanks for all of your hard work on not only this, but all of the things you do that make us fantasy football junkies more informed.Dynasty Greg
First version submitted this afternoon. There's a little formatting involved, but I'll tweet and post a link when it's published.

Looking forward to it, definitely helps to sort through the picks and a great place to start with ranking them all.

Jene-

Do you see Irvin (SEA) being designated as a LB or DE on MFL this upcoming season?

Thanks for your tiered rankings!

They are such an amazing resource for early IDP dyno drafts.

T

Would the suspension on Scott Fujita change your ranking for James Michael Johnson??

Also, could you tell me why you rank Zach Brown so high despite his label of being allergic to contact?

Bottom line: JMJ v. Zach Brown

Would the suspension on Scott Fujita change your ranking for James Michael Johnson??Also, could you tell me why you rank Zach Brown so high despite his label of being allergic to contact?Bottom line: JMJ v. Zach Brown
I like where JMJ is, but he'll need a very good camp to start opening weekend and possibly unseat Fujita for the rest of the season. Long term, his ceiling is limited a bit, but he could have LB3 upside.Zach Brown isn't a particularly physical player, but he covers well enough to be an every-down player. His second round draft slot suggests that the team will push him sooner than later and Will Witherspoon wasn't great last year. I think he'll play sooner than JMJ and has slightly better upside.Also, though it's not perfectly clear from the board, there was not that much difference from the mid-end 3rd grade I had given Brown and the mid-4th grade I had on JMJ. That fourth round group is essentially one line. If you want a pass-rushing OLB with upside, I think Ingram/Upshaw/Perry are the main targets sometime in the fourth round. If you're looking for a non-pass rusher to develop after the second tier prospects, I like JMJ over Hightower, Spence, etal in the same range.With the suspension and the suggestion that JMJ could get a look sooner, JMJ probably goes to the top of the fourth round and maybe a line separate from the 3-4 players.

Would the suspension on Scott Fujita change your ranking for James Michael Johnson??Also, could you tell me why you rank Zach Brown so high despite his label of being allergic to contact?Bottom line: JMJ v. Zach Brown
I like where JMJ is, but he'll need a very good camp to start opening weekend and possibly unseat Fujita for the rest of the season. Long term, his ceiling is limited a bit, but he could have LB3 upside.Zach Brown isn't a particularly physical player, but he covers well enough to be an every-down player. His second round draft slot suggests that the team will push him sooner than later and Will Witherspoon wasn't great last year. I think he'll play sooner than JMJ and has slightly better upside.Also, though it's not perfectly clear from the board, there was not that much difference from the mid-end 3rd grade I had given Brown and the mid-4th grade I had on JMJ. That fourth round group is essentially one line. If you want a pass-rushing OLB with upside, I think Ingram/Upshaw/Perry are the main targets sometime in the fourth round. If you're looking for a non-pass rusher to develop after the second tier prospects, I like JMJ over Hightower, Spence, etal in the same range.With the suspension and the suggestion that JMJ could get a look sooner, JMJ probably goes to the top of the fourth round and maybe a line separate from the 3-4 players.
:goodposting: I can always trust the good Dr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread