Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Wooderson

*** Official Landlord Thread ***

10 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

We had two handymen when we first started out. They were great and cheap.

Oh, and I just bought three turnkey VRBO/Airbnb properties that are killing it. :moneybag:

Would you mind sharing some info on this here (or via PM).  Wife and I are seriously considering picking up our first Airbnb.  

We dont have a property or even an area picked out yet.  TIA

Edited by Random
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Random said:

Would you mind sharing some info on this here (or via PM).  Wife and I are seriously considering picking up our first Airbnb.  

This.  We live in a heavy tourist area and SFH have become unobtainable at prices we are willing to pay for rentals.  So we are sitting on the sidelines accumulating cash, but have toyed with the Airbbnb idea.  We assume better returns but less stability.  Not sure if that warrants the investment.

3 hours ago, Random said:

2 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

This.  We live in a heavy tourist area and SFH have become unobtainable at prices we are willing to pay for rentals.  So we are sitting on the sidelines accumulating cash, but have toyed with the Airbbnb idea.  We assume better returns but less stability.  Not sure if that warrants the investment.

have a super crazy day and will answer these over the weekend.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Random said:

17 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

ok, so here's what went down for us...

First thing though... Study the market.  Look at at least 5 vrbo and 5 airbnb in each area and plug in 3-4 day range dates for each month going out six months. Write the results all down. You do this by trying to book 3-4 day periods. You can usually see what they have booked up for that month you are checking. If you are seeing almost all booked for this month and next, and a few bookings three and four months out, then that property is doing well. 50% of all bookings happen in the last 30 days they say.

So I got a lead from a gal in Hawaii. She was doing vaca rentals there. Her best friend lives in Boise and she eventually wants to live here. So naturally, we think downtown Boise would be the place to look. It does pretty well, but most rents are $75-100/night because most homes are very old, and smaller. But their location has the min price around $300k.  If you rent 25 nights per month at $100, those numbers aren't that bad.   Around $30k income before expenses. I toured two homes at 300K with her Boise friend but she decided not to buy.

A few weeks alter, a fellow agent friend on FB posted about her VRBO's in Meridian, the town next to Boise. Has about 85k population now. I called her up to ask her a ton of questions about them. They owned one in Meridian, and two right on the Boise/Meridian border, about 15 minutes from down town. This agent friend flips a lot of homes. Last November, they finished a flip and I forget why, but they couldn't sell it for three months and decided to VRBO those three months. They said it immediately booked up almost all of Nov and Dec. They then turned flips that finished in Jan and Feb in to VRBO's also. They also booked up immediately. And at rates of $100-125 per night. One of the homes is 2000 sq ft and can sleep 12. They get $7/head/night extra after 4 people. That one was renting often for $150-170/night.  So about three weeks after our conversations, they called and said they wanted to buy an RV park at 60 cents on the dollar and needed to sell the three VRBOs to do so. Yes , please!

So things went very well from them. We figured out the main reason they were doing so well is that there are hardly any hotels in the city of Meridian. And with expensive Eagle the next city over also, renting a full home for $100-150/night is much cheaper in the long run than having to book a room downtown or several rooms if you have more than 4 people. The 2000 sq ft place generated $5300 in rent since we took over July 5. I think we have the perfect market for this type of thing here. Our 1700 sq ft place is booked all but a few days through Sept 5 right now.   Lots os weddings and family gatherings. I've already had a dozen requests to rent it out for 1-4 months at a time for those building homes here and need short term rental. The prior owners booked July 15-Nov 15 to one family for $1800/mo on our 1200 sq ft home.

We've already turned over each of the three units three times. I've talked to everyone and they all love this concept over a hotel.  Family all in one home with plenty of room. Each house has either a pool table, foosball table or air hockey game. You get to cook breakfast and lunch at home, instead of spending a ton eating out. Almost everyone has been out of state visiting someone here.

We have cleaners that charge $90 for two to come in for 90 minutes. That's added right to the rent and paid by the guest. We even pad that to cover the cost of supplies. Their are city and hotel taxes here. VRBO/ABB collect and pay those for you. makes total sense for them to do that to keep their reps perfect.

It's been a decent amount of work processing the laundry. We go in 30 minutes after cleaners are there and pick up the dirty bags. We have a laundry mat that will do them or we do them ourselves as time permits. They came with 2 to 3 sets of sheets for every bed. We've upped that to 4 sets per bed. We want at least two full sets there at all times in case we go out of town.  The three places on a year long rent would rent for about $4800/mo.   This month we will book $10660.  And that's with 15 days on one place at $1800/mo. Next month is $9500 already and has about 10 rentable days left. These will probably be the best months of the year. I expect $8-9k in rents per month all the other months based off the prior owner. My payment starts 9/1 at $3950/mo for all three.  This all fits for us very well. We have a lot of flexibility to each chip in and get things done. I don't see this working well for some on a tight work schedule.  We paid $238, $242 and $283 for the three places.

Let me know if you have any more questions......  writing this from a VRBO in Coeur d'Alene....

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 3

Thanks @Getzlaf15.  Completely not the way I was thinking of using it.  We were toying with the idea a getting a place somewhere we enjoy visiting (more of a vacation destination) and using it as a vacation home and AirBnb.  Vegas came to mind, but the prices seem pretty high right now.  

Any vacation destination places that are seeing more of a buyers market (longshot, I know)?

25 minutes ago, Random said:

Thanks @Getzlaf15.  Completely not the way I was thinking of using it.  We were toying with the idea a getting a place somewhere we enjoy visiting (more of a vacation destination) and using it as a vacation home and AirBnb.  Vegas came to mind, but the prices seem pretty high right now.  

Any vacation destination places that are seeing more of a buyers market (longshot, I know)?

Surely you jest.  

Well, our market has officially turned.  I haven't been able to find anything to buy that fits our normal criteria.  Last purchase was a little over a year ago, been ready to buy for months.

So on a whim I listed one of our properties on zillow.  One picture and a very inflated price (I thought).  SFH asking price is 12 years of current rent and about 11 years of what I could rent it for if I increased the rent on my current tenant.

Multiple calls and texts including realtors willing to take 2%.  Current tenant hasn't had time to do anything and one realtor needs to see it tomorrow.  I've offered current tenant a different house that just became vacant, but now I'm thinking of listing it as well.

I just looked at zillow (not that zillow is the and all be all obviously), and my 60k rental and my 70k rental both appear to have increased in value by about $10,000 each over the last couple months.   

I looked right after I read your post.  Seems odd.

Edited by ghostguy123

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

I just looked at zillow (not that zillow is the and all be all obviously), and my 60k rental and my 70k rental both appear to have increased in value by about $10,000 each over the last couple months.   

I looked right after I read your post.  Seems odd.

Zillow has the one I put up for sale severely under priced.   I had another realtor tell me today there is nothing decent for a starter home in sub 150 range.  There is some stuff available for 50-75 that we could probably start flipping again.    

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 0:21 AM, Getzlaf15 said:

ok, so here's what went down for us...

First thing though... Study the market.  Look at at least 5 vrbo and 5 airbnb in each area and plug in 3-4 day range dates for each month going out six months. Write the results all down. You do this by trying to book 3-4 day periods. You can usually see what they have booked up for that month you are checking. If you are seeing almost all booked for this month and next, and a few bookings three and four months out, then that property is doing well. 50% of all bookings happen in the last 30 days they say.

So I got a lead from a gal in Hawaii. She was doing vaca rentals there. Her best friend lives in Boise and she eventually wants to live here. So naturally, we think downtown Boise would be the place to look. It does pretty well, but most rents are $75-100/night because most homes are very old, and smaller. But their location has the min price around $300k.  If you rent 25 nights per month at $100, those numbers aren't that bad.   Around $30k income before expenses. I toured two homes at 300K with her Boise friend but she decided not to buy.

A few weeks alter, a fellow agent friend on FB posted about her VRBO's in Meridian, the town next to Boise. Has about 85k population now. I called her up to ask her a ton of questions about them. They owned one in Meridian, and two right on the Boise/Meridian border, about 15 minutes from down town. This agent friend flips a lot of homes. Last November, they finished a flip and I forget why, but they couldn't sell it for three months and decided to VRBO those three months. They said it immediately booked up almost all of Nov and Dec. They then turned flips that finished in Jan and Feb in to VRBO's also. They also booked up immediately. And at rates of $100-125 per night. One of the homes is 2000 sq ft and can sleep 12. They get $7/head/night extra after 4 people. That one was renting often for $150-170/night.  So about three weeks after our conversations, they called and said they wanted to buy an RV park at 60 cents on the dollar and needed to sell the three VRBOs to do so. Yes , please!

So things went very well from them. We figured out the main reason they were doing so well is that there are hardly any hotels in the city of Meridian. And with expensive Eagle the next city over also, renting a full home for $100-150/night is much cheaper in the long run than having to book a room downtown or several rooms if you have more than 4 people. The 2000 sq ft place generated $5300 in rent since we took over July 5. I think we have the perfect market for this type of thing here. Our 1700 sq ft place is booked all but a few days through Sept 5 right now.   Lots os weddings and family gatherings. I've already had a dozen requests to rent it out for 1-4 months at a time for those building homes here and need short term rental. The prior owners booked July 15-Nov 15 to one family for $1800/mo on our 1200 sq ft home.

We've already turned over each of the three units three times. I've talked to everyone and they all love this concept over a hotel.  Family all in one home with plenty of room. Each house has either a pool table, foosball table or air hockey game. You get to cook breakfast and lunch at home, instead of spending a ton eating out. Almost everyone has been out of state visiting someone here.

We have cleaners that charge $90 for two to come in for 90 minutes. That's added right to the rent and paid by the guest. We even pad that to cover the cost of supplies. Their are city and hotel taxes here. VRBO/ABB collect and pay those for you. makes total sense for them to do that to keep their reps perfect.

It's been a decent amount of work processing the laundry. We go in 30 minutes after cleaners are there and pick up the dirty bags. We have a laundry mat that will do them or we do them ourselves as time permits. They came with 2 to 3 sets of sheets for every bed. We've upped that to 4 sets per bed. We want at least two full sets there at all times in case we go out of town.  The three places on a year long rent would rent for about $4800/mo.   This month we will book $10660.  And that's with 15 days on one place at $1800/mo. Next month is $9500 already and has about 10 rentable days left. These will probably be the best months of the year. I expect $8-9k in rents per month all the other months based off the prior owner. My payment starts 9/1 at $3950/mo for all three.  This all fits for us very well. We have a lot of flexibility to each chip in and get things done. I don't see this working well for some on a tight work schedule.  We paid $238, $242 and $283 for the three places.

Let me know if you have any more questions......  writing this from a VRBO in Coeur d'Alene....

Curious how things are going in the slower months now?

We've been looking at quite a few places trying to get Air BnB going without much luck. Prices are so high, that I can't cashflow if I have to put a regular tenant in there as a fallback plan. Too many areas here in Colorado are legislating STR's out of existence, so I don't want to have to rely on that only. I've met some folks making out like bandits, but all of them are worried about the laws changing in the near future so they are saving up as much cash as they can in the meantime or in some cases cashing out to folks that aren't paying attention to the local politics.

The state itself was kicking around a bill to raise the taxes on STR's up to about 30% but it died because the election cycle is coming up. I fully expect that bill to be resurrected in some form next year.

1 hour ago, Buckna said:

Curious how things are going in the slower months now?

We've been looking at quite a few places trying to get Air BnB going without much luck. Prices are so high, that I can't cashflow if I have to put a regular tenant in there as a fallback plan. Too many areas here in Colorado are legislating STR's out of existence, so I don't want to have to rely on that only. I've met some folks making out like bandits, but all of them are worried about the laws changing in the near future so they are saving up as much cash as they can in the meantime or in some cases cashing out to folks that aren't paying attention to the local politics.

The state itself was kicking around a bill to raise the taxes on STR's up to about 30% but it died because the election cycle is coming up. I fully expect that bill to be resurrected in some form next year.

The fall back plan had to make sense for us it did. We would still be making 7 to 8% of we had to do that.   Things have slowed down a bit and the prices have dropped.   Not thrilled about that.  

I think at this point, I'd recommend do this only if you put 50 percent down or more. 

Hoa thing was big concern for us.  Only one of out three has an hoa.  We dont have a huge hotel industry here so I dont see shutting them down to be a big issue here. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Thoughts on multi unit properties, say in the 8-15 unit range?  Anyone have any of these or consider buying one?

Whats the price per unit?  What will they rent for?  I think it'd be a good way to get a nice chunk of properties if the price is right, but they would need to have a shorter payback period than a similar grade tri or duplex as the larger complex will likely be harder to sell.

39 minutes ago, Random said:

Whats the price per unit?  What will they rent for?  I think it'd be a good way to get a nice chunk of properties if the price is right, but they would need to have a shorter payback period than a similar grade tri or duplex as the larger complex will likely be harder to sell.

I dont have one picked out.  It's just something I was going to look into.  Just wondering if anyone else has experience with these, and isn't worth it.

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

I dont have one picked out.  It's just something I was going to look into.  Just wondering if anyone else has experience with these, and isn't worth it.

I've shopped for them.  In my area they're horribly overpriced compared to singles and doubles.

1 hour ago, Random said:

I've shopped for them.  In my area they're horribly overpriced compared to singles and doubles.

I will probably never buy one.  Hell I will probably never even be able to put together the funds to get one.

Just figured I would look into it

19 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Thoughts on multi unit properties, say in the 8-15 unit range?  Anyone have any of these or consider buying one?

Just closed on 20 units this morning, as a matter of fact. That brings our total to 46. Started our company about a year and a half ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Just closed on 20 units this morning, as a matter of fact. That brings our total to 46. Started our company about a year and a half ago.

Just curious, who did you start a company with?  Friends?  Work associates?  Random strangers off the street?

1 minute ago, ghostguy123 said:

Just curious, who did you start a company with?  Friends?  Work associates?  Random strangers off the street?

They are friends but we've all worked in real estate for a while. So I'm a RE lawyer, one partner is a broker, another is a mortgage broker, and then we just added a fourth friend who has a construction background.

For now, we are all still focused on our main careers and doing this as our side business. Would be great if this takes off, though. That's ultimately the goal.

14 minutes ago, whoknew said:

They are friends but we've all worked in real estate for a while. So I'm a RE lawyer, one partner is a broker, another is a mortgage broker, and then we just added a fourth friend who has a construction background.

For now, we are all still focused on our main careers and doing this as our side business. Would be great if this takes off, though. That's ultimately the goal.

Seems like a few hours a week from each of you for a while could build a nice retirement vehicle.  I mean a NICE retirement vehicle.  As in lots of fun money.

I have friends I can approach about this stuff.  The guys wedding I just went to has something like 10 million worth of property (with loans of course), and currently owns a 12 unit and a 13 bed unit along with several other pieces of commercial property/buildings.  

I was never looking to go crazy on rentals, but one decent 10-15 unit property could really set me up nice on top of my other retirement money.

:blackdot: I'm tired of the rat race. I'm reading everything I can get my hands on, this thread included. 

what are y'all doing about rents?  i just have one property and the tenants are asking for some kind of arrangement.  I'm waiting to hear their proposal.

I'm certainly sympathetic to their situation, just thinking through options.  I have a mortgage.  Anyone seen mortgage forebearance proposals for landlords?

2 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

what are y'all doing about rents?  i just have one property and the tenants are asking for some kind of arrangement.  I'm waiting to hear their proposal.

I'm certainly sympathetic to their situation, just thinking through options.  I have a mortgage.  Anyone seen mortgage forebearance proposals for landlords?

Can your tenants prove that COVID is directly responsible for their lesser income?

I know this though, call your lender right away and start a dialogue on this asking them if they will give you a forbearance if your tenants are unable to pay rent due to COVID

Agree with ghostguy.

We reached out to our tenant last weekend to let her know that she can feel secure in the house and we will work with her during these times. She (and we) is/are fortunate, for now, that she can work from home and her income isn't significantly affected. But, it's better to know and plan for an upcoming skip in rent payment because there appear to be options available. 

If #### hits the fan, I don't know whether to forgive rent payments or work out delayed payments or reduction in security deposit. But, if we can defer payments in trade for extra payments at the end of the mortgage, vs. a lump sum catch up payment in a year or two, I'd be inclined to drastically cut rent for a few months.

https://news.google.com/search?q=mortgage forbearance&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Posted (edited)

Who knows what criteria lenders will use to decide if they will give you forbearance.  If my tenant stopped paying I would still be fine financially, sonos that their criteria?  Or does it just depend if the tenant pays.  I am paying a higher interest rate because it's a rental property after all.

I will probably call them tomorrow to talk to someone even though the rent check came in the mail yesterday.  

Edited by ghostguy123

Checking in to see how everyone did with April rents.    

I only have one of 52 that hasn't paid.  Lost his job, but will pay when he gets his unem. check.

I'm very happy at how this worked out.

I have a HUD loan.   Can only get relief on P and I, if I needed it.  That makes up 60% of my payment.

• Like 1

100% on 2 and 50% on 2.  The two at 50% both work for the same local jeweler who had to shut down. Once they get their stimulus and enhanced unemployment they should be fine. We're working with them while those items are delayed.

• Like 1

I rent to a friend of mine and she is, like me, busier than ever at work.  So at 100%

• Like 1

I waived late fees for this month and most caught up with their stimulus.  A few stragglers left, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Random said:

I waived late fees for this month and most caught up with their stimulus.  A few stragglers left, nothing out of the ordinary.

With muyHUD loan, I can not charge late fees.     Always that 1-2 stragglers LOL.   

• Like 1

4 for 4 on my personal properties.

On the business side, we were only $10,000 off last month on 650 units, so we'll consider that a huge win.

I did have one tenant send a note with a picture of some notice where an apartment complex was waiving all rent for 3 months.  The note from the tenant said, landlords don't have to pay mortgages for three months, do the right thing and waive rents for there months.  I didn't even bother responding.

Our eviction lawyer is evidently struggling.  We received a notice from them saying that now is a good time to get rid of those tenants with too many occupants, breaking the law, or creating noise issues.  Normally they aren't too excited about taking these on.

• Like 3

3 for 3 for my properties with the caveat that I proactively reduced the rent by $200/month for 3 months for 2 of the properties and $350/month for 2 months for the third.   My properties are all in Vegas and I didn’t want to put my tenants in a position to ask for relief—I wanted to do the right thing and just volunteer it.   They are great tenants that keep the properties nice and I wanted them to know that I cared about them and their families for more than their checks.  I feel like it was the right thing to do—and who knows—maybe this will encourage them to extend their leases when they come up for renewal.  I gave the one property a bigger reduction because the couple that lives there is comprised of an emergency room nurse and his pregnant wife that got laid off.   

• Like 3

Pretty big losses on my place. Beach is closed by state order, mostly to keep spring break from happening.  My place is on a very isolated part of the beach - easy to keep 100 yards separation, much less six feet.  No thought was given there.  And they are actively patrolling to make sure no one steps in the sand, regardless if whether it's my land or the beach right off way. So renters have dried up.

Went through the effort and applied for EIDL through the SBA, only to have the rules retroactively changed to exclude my situation.

So, really, if you're a person who provides this service the general rule is that it's free to #### us over.  Just evil landlords - no harm no foul.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sand said:

Pretty big losses on my place. Beach is closed by state order, mostly to keep spring break from happening.  My place is on a very isolated part of the beach - easy to keep 100 yards separation, much less six feet.  No thought was given there.  And they are actively patrolling to make sure no one steps in the sand, regardless if whether it's my land or the beach right off way. So renters have dried up.

Went through the effort and applied for EIDL through the SBA, only to have the rules retroactively changed to exclude my situation.

So, really, if you're a person who provides this service the general rule is that it's free to #### us over.  Just evil landlords - no harm no foul.

My place where we were at years ago is under a no vacation rental policy.  Fortunately I went up contract to sell after losing the first contract due to the virus and will be the glad to be the hell out of vacation rentals.

26 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

My place where we were at years ago is under a no vacation rental policy.  Fortunately I went up contract to sell after losing the first contract due to the virus and will be the glad to be the hell out of vacation rentals.

Nice place.  Good times - very glad you invited me for those trips.  And now I can always say I made it up Snake Mtn in one shot.  That mile before the top (along with one stretch on Hogpen Gap) are easily the hardest things I've ever done on a bike.  Heck, the 6,000 ft. up Mt. Evans doesn't hold a candle to Snake.

Pretty sure the first mile off of Snake is the fastest I've ever been on a bike, too.

35 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

We sold 2 ABB's in January and turned the 3rd into a normal rental.   Normal landlord insurance does not cover ABB accidents in a home. One could lose everything.  Policies were 4x higher at $2400/yr.  We bailed because of that and we put not enough down to make it worthwhile.   Best decision ever.  My ABB/VRBO auto pricing app company sent out an email a few days ago.  Vaca rentals are at 22-25% of old occupancy rates.

57 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

We sold 2 ABB's in January and turned the 3rd into a normal rental.   Normal landlord insurance does not cover ABB accidents in a home. One could lose everything.  Policies were 4x higher at $2400/yr.  We bailed because of that and we put not enough down to make it worthwhile.   Best decision ever.  My ABB/VRBO auto pricing app company sent out an email a few days ago.  Vaca rentals are at 22-25% of old occupancy rates.

Mine is more of traditional vacation rental.  The PM company was robbing me blind and doing ####ty job.  Just got a bill for a $488 repair on a vanity that I could replace with a never one than that and the guy left exposed screw tips on the inside to boot.  Last spring they let a leaky water heater damage a floor and a broken toilet ruin a wood floor in an adjoining room.  Never caught it on numerous walk thought and blamed their cleaners for missing it.  They also sell guests a $50 insurance policy which they make a commission off of that basically lets guests destroy what ever they want without consequence but then don't want to file too many claims against it.  On top of that, they cater to the guests and not getting a bad review from them at the expense of the owners.  I'll be thrilled if it closes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sand said:

Nice place.  Good times - very glad you invited me for those trips.  And now I can always say I made it up Snake Mtn in one shot.  That mile before the top (along with one stretch on Hogpen Gap) are easily the hardest things I've ever done on a bike.  Heck, the 6,000 ft. up Mt. Evans doesn't hold a candle to Snake.

Pretty sure the first mile off of Snake is the fastest I've ever been on a bike, too.

This was the one benefit of owning a vacation rental.  Unfortunately spending 2 weeks of vacation each year keeping it up and repairing guest damage offset kick ### times with guys like you.  Some year we should do a reunion get together somewhere for a bike event.  For those that don't know Sand personally, he's one great dude to hang out with and a heck of a climbing machine on a bike.  Not many people make it up Snake Mt in one shot.

2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

This was the one benefit of owning a vacation rental.  Unfortunately spending 2 weeks of vacation each year keeping it up and repairing guest damage offset kick ### times with guys like you.  Some year we should do a reunion get together somewhere for a bike event.  For those that don't know Sand personally, he's one great dude to hang out with and a heck of a climbing machine on a bike.  Not many people make it up Snake Mt in one shot.

Well, I'm way soft and out of shape.  Not riding right now, sadly.  Too much work.

I hear you on the upkeep.  We have the same issues.  Just spent 8k on new hurricane straps (mandatory!) and it was found that the whole house was polybutylene pipes, so that whole system needed to be replaced.  

I am gonna be ####### pissed if the current stimulus package is passed saying tenants can go 12 gosh darn months not paying rent without being evicted.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

I am gonna be ####### pissed if the current stimulus package is passed saying tenants can go 12 gosh darn months not paying rent without being evicted.

What???  Jesus.  

• Like 1

Just now, Random said:

What???  Jesus.  

I had heard about this possibility a couple weeks ago and blew it off.  Stupid.  Makes no sense.

Some rich jackwad paying 20 grand a month in rent could potentially live for free in a luxury palace for a year while a responsible person with a paid off home gets zero benefit, and landlords with paid off homes are being royally screwed.

This is actually in the bill being voted on in the next week.   Seems really, really stupid

13 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I had heard about this possibility a couple weeks ago and blew it off.  Stupid.  Makes no sense.

Some rich jackwad paying 20 grand a month in rent could potentially live for free in a luxury palace for a year while a responsible person with a paid off home gets zero benefit, and landlords with paid off homes are being royally screwed.

This is actually in the bill being voted on in the next week.   Seems really, really stupid

So will we (landlords) be eligible for any govt comp?  Unemployment?  HTF is that going to work from a LL perspective? 

I'll max every HELOC I can then hand over the keys if that happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Random said:

So will we (landlords) be eligible for any govt comp?  Unemployment?  HTF is that going to work from a LL perspective? 

I imagine its explained somewhere in the 18000 pages.

There was talk of landlord assistance but you have to agree to all kinds of wacky stuff for like 5 years.  

We"ll see.  If it passes the way it seems to be written then real estate quickly becomes a horrible investment for a while