Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen Holloway

SSL 2 - 2012

Frank gore. Rb sf

Pming

Risky not taking a WR yet, but value here

3.05 DeMarco Murray RB DAL

PM to AR

wtf is the hold up? I saw JeffP on line:SHRUGS: this draft is like watching old people screw, slow and deliberate

Sorry BSS, I was traveling today - on the road several hours. No text from anybody, but not sure what I could have done either at that point.I was online this AM - probably left the window open and that might be why it looked like I was here....I'm back and shouldn't hold things up further.

wtf is the hold up? I saw JeffP on line:SHRUGS: this draft is like watching old people screw, slow and deliberate

you watch old people screw....?

you watch old people screw....?
you dont?

Crap, I was afraid this would happen. I was away from the internet for 4 hours and apparently my pick came up 2 hrs into it... Just FYI, I'm headed to Disney World this weekend, so I could lag a bit Fri-Mon.

Steve Smith, WR, CAR

Crap, I was afraid this would happen. I was away from the internet for 4 hours and apparently my pick came up 2 hrs into it... Just FYI, I'm headed to Disney World this weekend, so I could lag a bit Fri-Mon.

Steve Smith, WR, CAR

If you need assistance, myself or others out of sequence for you can help.

Steve Smith, WR, CAR

not to be a jerk, but if you knew you were going to disney land in the middle of a survivor draft, why would you agree to participate?

Steve Smith, WR, CAR

not to be a jerk, but if you knew you were going to disney land in the middle of a survivor draft, why would you agree to participate?
Best solution os to find someone in one of the other leagues to fill in while you are away.

3.15 Jermichael Finley

PM sent to Joffer.

Joffer, please PM Meno when you make your picks.

I'll be out the rest of the day. Picks sent to Meno and Jeff.

D Bowe and P Rivers

Steve Smith, WR, CAR

Wasn't really sure when this deal would start. Plus, it's not like I'm going to take over my 8 allowed hours to make a pick. I just won't be johnny on the spot like I would if I was near a computer. I'd prefer to keep my picks under 60 minutes (I'm in and out of the office a lot), so just wanted to warn you guys I won't be quite as fast. I'm not going to get to a point where you guys are forced to skip me. But if I see we're just a few spots away, I'll send someone a short list of my preferred picks. Who here checks this most frequently?

Steve Smith, WR, CAR

Wasn't really sure when this deal would start. Plus, it's not like I'm going to take over my 8 allowed hours to make a pick. I just won't be johnny on the spot like I would if I was near a computer. I'd prefer to keep my picks under 60 minutes (I'm in and out of the office a lot), so just wanted to warn you guys I won't be quite as fast. I'm not going to get to a point where you guys are forced to skip me. But if I see we're just a few spots away, I'll send someone a short list of my preferred picks. Who here checks this most frequently?
Whenever you stop by and if I've already picked, just send me your list if you're going to be busy and I'll take care of your next pick.

Enjoy your vacation. It is May after all.... we do have an 8-hour clock for a reason.

I drafted SLs from Disney. Lists & phone in the pocket. I was bravely tolerant of the impatience around me.

Caught up to here and very likely headed out of town tomorrow. Someone should probably start a new thread to track the draft as I will be out of pocket for a few days.

Good thing your the third pick in SSL 4...

I drafted SLs from Disney. Lists & phone in the pocket. I was bravely tolerant of the impatience around me.

That's the plan. But there will be some air travel involved, a disapproving girlfriend, and my ADD always plays a role (if you've seen Memento, I'm kinda like that guy).

I got through SSL4 last year with a weeklong trip to NYC, Buffalo, and Niagra Falls so this should be relatively easy.

Steve Smith, WR, CAR

OMG....I don't even know who you are anymore......

4.05 Kenny Britt WR Ten

Please pm next

Pick number corrected.

will PM Norseman now.

Norseman, please PM me when you have made your pick. I have BSS's pick.

4.06 Brandon Pettigrew, TE - Lions

Please pm next

4.07 Jeremy Maclin - WR21 - PHI

4.08 Tony Romo - QB9 - DAL

Edit: looks like Britt is actually WR20, making Maclin WR21. Might want to change that in the first post before they all get out of order.

Good, I get the QB I really wanted. Nothing quite like taking a guy with no real ground game and early bye.

Just stay healthy, Big Ben.

4.10 Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers

Good, I get the QB I really wanted. Nothing quite like taking a guy with no real ground game and early bye.

As a non-believer in Murray, these were my exact thoughts on Romo...

FWIW, I was going to take Ben if Romo was gone.

Good, I get the QB I really wanted. Nothing quite like taking a guy with no real ground game and early bye. Just stay healthy, Big Ben.

This just means you'll be out early. :P

took this guy at 2.10 in the PDSL so guess he's a steal here at 4.11.

WR Percy Harvin

justifying your pick at the time and :thumbup: yourself always intimadates the rest of the league....well played.....look out SSL2....

just playin.... ;)

justifying your pick at the time and :thumbup: yourself always intimadates the rest of the league....well played.....look out SSL2....

just playin.... ;)

It's all good....gotta appreciate how I did a CYA with a "just stay healthy comment" :)

I would have taken Romo or Big Ben here. I decided to go WR/WR at 2/3 knowing I'd probably get a good shot at one or both in Rd 4. Glad it worked out.

WR Percy Harvin

Well, you might have to consider the other possibility.

WR Percy Harvin

Well, you might have to consider the other possibility.

:lmao:

4.12 Matty "Ice" Ryan QB Atl

I am hoping by adding his frosty nickname it makes the pick look more shark-like. I may have painted myself into a corner this draft.

PM to TL

4.14 Tony Gonzalez ATL TE