Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cprhou

Dynasty Rookie Pick 1.03----take QB even with Stafford on team?

9 posts in this topic

I have a team in a 14-team dynasty league. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE).

Roster is as follows:

QB: Stafford, McCoy

RB: S Jackson, Blount, Ced Benson, Ridley, Royster

WR: AJ Green, M Austin, Meachem, D Moore, Demaryius Thomas, Bess, Jernigan, Norwood, JJones

TE: F Davis, J Cook, K Winslow

I have the third pick in the first round. If Richardson and Martin go 1 and 2, do you still take RG3 or Luck with the 3rd pick? Any way you would consider reaching for Wilson or Blackmon with that pick?

I am leaning towards taking RG3 given he is the best available talent and given Stafford's injury issues. I have already been offered F Gore for Demaryius Thomas, so it seems like I would be able to trade a WR or Stafford or RG3 to fill my RB hole with a better back than D Wilson.

Thoughts?

There is no way you take RG3....Take Martin easy choice. Or try to move down a few spots for Wilson.

Personally, I'd draft Luck at 1.03, if Richardson and Martin are already gone (talent wins out in my opinion). I could could also see a good argument for RG3, but I prefer Luck.

If Luck is there then I'd either take him or trade out. Trading out being the preferred option.

Luck if he is there, although you need another rb, so either try trade back a pick or 2 to someone who really wants luck or rg3. Or trade the pick for a rb.

Choice 1 Martin. Choice 2 trade back/trade pick. Choice 3 luck/rg3.

If you have another pick there is always tannehill

Luck if he is there, although you need another rb, so either try trade back a pick or 2 to someone who really wants luck or rg3. Or trade the pick for a rb.Choice 1 Martin. Choice 2 trade back/trade pick. Choice 3 luck/rg3. If you have another pick there is always tannehill

I would agree with this post. Trade out and find a RB and then pick a QB that fits your system. I am sure that someone would like to have wither QB and you could get a quality RB or WR.good luck

take Martin for sure if he is there. If not, I'd either go Blackmon (PPR) or take a trade down if they'll pay

14-team dynasty league = draft the QB!!!

He'll have a ton of value compared to the RB. You could always flip him down the road.

I'd draft Luck here with the thought being that I won't need to draft another QB for 10 years. Putting together a dynasty roster takes a little time, you add quality pieces when you get the opportunity - you need a RB more, but the value at this pick is with Luck. If Martin falls, I'm sure you'll be sorely tempted, but if you lean back and think about 10 years with Stafford and Luck as your QB's and how many RBs you'll turn over in that time, maybe it will make sense . . .

It's not every year that you nave a chance to draft "the best QB prospect since . . .", "as close to can't miss as you can get".

This draft has two "elite" prospects - Richardson and Luck - add one and be happy you did.

Note: I had Stafford, Ryan and Freeman in a league last year, but the value at 1.11 was Newton, so I took him. Traded Ryan later in the year for A. Johnson. Grab the quality regardless of need.