What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 - Comments (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Post 'em here.

I'm coming to realize that I like not knowing the bye weeks better. Passed on some players because of them. I seem to build better teams when I just go with my gut on the talent and not worry about the byes. After surviving 4 weeks last year w/o a QB, a one week hiccup shouldn't be an issue. That said, i get sucker in again and hence the Graham pick.

Is this an 18 round/8 hr clock draft? I know rounds were extended for PDSL. Just want to be clear on the rules.

Thanks!

1st two picks have bye week 11 but decided to swing for the fences with Chris Johnson & Adrian Peterson. A recipe for diaster with both having Qs & same week off.

1.12 Maurice Jones Drew

2.05 Antonio Gates

Ugggh, really didn't want to pick from near the same spot as PDSL.(10)

I started off that draft with MJD and Roddy. I couldn't stray from MJD. Don't want to put all my eggs in that basket but, i think he's the next best RB at that spot and didn't like any other value while I like having a solid anchor at RB1 so, I can shoot for RB value later.

Switched up from Roddy but, still like that pick... had a hard decision here - I like the value later at TE, WR and RB but, had to step up for 1 trying to figure out what players might fall in rounds 3-4.

Went with Gates - sounds like he's finally healthy and given what he's done unhealthy and given the changes at WR in SD I convinced myself that Gates could challenge for TE1 again.....lol :pickle:

Witten's targets are down when all those WR targets are healthy so, I'm knocking him down a little.

1.8 Gronkowski

2.9 Trent Richardson

3.8 Dez Bryant

Really not sold on Gronk this season (compared to last year), but he should still get his numbers.

Trent is either a boom or bust type of pick. As a Browns fan, I certainly hope that he meets the hype.

Dez is a headcase for sure, but if he puts it together, he can dominate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping Nicks would last one more. Not a huge Jennings fan, but the pick leaves me some flexibility with my rd 3 pick.

OK.. "official" Thread is started. I've done it in the past but, resisted because I'll be traveling a bit but, please check the picks and watch over me....

I hate picking high.

Rice-Colston-Finley is okay but I probably prefer Finley and Green instead a little. But still close

I would have gotten Colston by going middle of the round

1 - Graham

2 - Jennings

3 - Nelson

First time I've gone WR 1/2 off of one of he most prolific scoring teams. I think there are WRs on the board that will outscore these two, but this is survivor and I don't need to be the highest scoring team, just avoid the cellar.

1.06 McCoy

2.11 Nicks

3.06 Marshall

Love my first two picks, very happy BnB went TE, although he is who I was going to take when I assumed McCoy would be gone. I like Cruz a lot, but Nicks is still Eli's go to. I had about 5 players I was considering in the 3rd. I don't have Marshall on any other survivor teams so I mixed it up a little. I like starting WR/RB or RB/WR in these because it gives you a ton of flexibility in the 3rd-6th rounds position wise.

1.06 McCoy2.11 Nicks3.06 MarshallLove my first two picks, very happy BnB went TE, although he is who I was going to take when I assumed McCoy would be gone. I like Cruz a lot, but Nicks is still Eli's go to. I had about 5 players I was considering in the 3rd. I don't have Marshall on any other survivor teams so I mixed it up a little. I like starting WR/RB or RB/WR in these because it gives you a ton of flexibility in the 3rd-6th rounds position wise.
I really considered Marshall in the 2nd and 3rd. He's better than either Jennings or Nelson. Problem was that he shared Graham's bye week and would rule out any Panthers, Bears, and Saints in the next several rounds. Decided to go with Jennings and take whoever was left between VD, Lynch, Nelson/Marshall/Jones/Green on the backside. Ultimately was left with Marshall and Nelson to pick from. Nelson just felt safer and has the better QB, but Marshall is liekly to smoke the doors off of Nelson.

1.06 McCoy2.11 Nicks3.06 MarshallLove my first two picks, very happy BnB went TE, although he is who I was going to take when I assumed McCoy would be gone. I like Cruz a lot, but Nicks is still Eli's go to. I had about 5 players I was considering in the 3rd. I don't have Marshall on any other survivor teams so I mixed it up a little. I like starting WR/RB or RB/WR in these because it gives you a ton of flexibility in the 3rd-6th rounds position wise.
I really considered Marshall in the 2nd and 3rd. He's better than either Jennings or Nelson. Problem was that he shared Graham's bye week and would rule out any Panthers, Bears, and Saints in the next several rounds. Decided to go with Jennings and take whoever was left between VD, Lynch, Nelson/Marshall/Jones/Green on the backside. Ultimately was left with Marshall and Nelson to pick from. Nelson just felt safer and has the better QB, but Marshall is liekly to smoke the doors off of Nelson.
so Marshall sharing a bye week with your TE was an issue.....but your top 2 wr's sharing one isn't...?...hmmmmm....it prolly makes sense from some angle I just haven't had enough coffee yet....Rodgers better stay healthy.....

so Marshall sharing a bye week with your TE was an issue.....but your top 2 wr's sharing one isn't...?...hmmmmm....it prolly makes sense from some angle I just haven't had enough coffee yet....Rodgers better stay healthy.....
Three thoughts here...1) If things play out like I hope (and value doesn't plummet at TE), I'll be soloing with Graham or taking another TE late. Prefer not to clog up that week early.2) I don't see me drafting a WR from a team that the Pack shares a bye week with.3) I know some try to front load byes but I don't see that being an issue. There are always crippled teams around bye weeks 8-10 when the injuries have piled up and we still have the byes. I just hope not to be that crippled team. Last year I survived until the week Palmer was traded to the Raiders with just him and P. Manning at QB. I going to take what I learned from that draft and apply it here

Three thoughts here...1) If things play out like I hope (and value doesn't plummet at TE), I'll be soloing with Graham or taking another TE late. Prefer not to clog up that week early.2) I don't see me drafting a WR from a team that the Pack shares a bye week with.3) I know some try to front load byes but I don't see that being an issue. There are always crippled teams around bye weeks 8-10 when the injuries have piled up and we still have the byes. I just hope not to be that crippled team. Last year I survived until the week Palmer was traded to the Raiders with just him and P. Manning at QB. I going to take what I learned from that draft and apply it here
hmmmm....the only way I see this really having much merit is if you really do fly solo with Graham...which I think would be a ballsy move in a 2 PPR format and something I don't think you will end up doing (not a dare cause actually you may have forced your hand at this point to add that extra WR instead of TE2)....ballsyyou basically passed on Marshall twice to "protect" yourself for one week......yet left yourself almost as vulnerable on another week.....and somewhat vulnerable to a Rodgers injury throughout the year....cause the dropff to GBQB2 would be pretty significant to you....with no stud QB or RB taken yet to help ease some of the load that week (GB bye) and a ton of picks before your next one, this is definately a ballsy strategy.....I like it because of that, just not sure you accomplished the goal of protecting yourself one week by opening yourself up to more risk on other weeks...who the hell is the GB back up now anyway...?and FWIW... I would have preferred Graham/Marshall/Nelson over Graham/Jennings/Nelson....

Newton

J Charles

R White

I'm not one who likes to take chances on guys coming back from ACL's, but Charles was too much to pass on. Liking my 1-2 punch though.

- Well, at least I'm not going crazy having to update the Draft thread too much. :shrug:

- Interesting When I tried to message Hit-n-Run it said his box was full but, I was able to pull up a prior "conversation" we had and message him that way FYI - hope he got it.

- Interesting draft - hopefully at some point tonight I'll be able to sit down Under the Influence and think it over and put down to words what I've got in my head.

NewtonJ CharlesR WhiteI'm not one who likes to take chances on guys coming back from ACL's, but Charles was too much to pass on. Liking my 1-2 punch though.
Yeah I have a similar start in SSL4 with Rodgers, Charles and Julio. Outside the top few RBs they all seem to have warts.

NewtonJ CharlesR WhiteI'm not one who likes to take chances on guys coming back from ACL's, but Charles was too much to pass on. Liking my 1-2 punch though.
Yeah I have a similar start in SSL4 with Rodgers, Charles and Julio. Outside the top few RBs they all seem to have warts.
I like your team better than Sinrman's. I think Cam will regress stat wise. I take Vick before Cam this year...hence I'll never see Cam. I also like Julio better than White in these best ball leagues. While White may outpoint him on a year end total basis, Jones will post more scoreable weeks for anyone with a decent or better WR corp.

- Well, at least I'm not going crazy having to update the Draft thread too much. :shrug:

- Interesting When I tried to message Hit-n-Run it said his box was full but, I was able to pull up a prior "conversation" we had and message him that way FYI - hope he got it.

- Interesting draft - hopefully at some point tonight I'll be able to sit down Under the Influence and think it over and put down to words what I've got in my head.
This draft is moving at a snails pace so far. I swear I just saw a turtle pass us by. ;) :P

we have less rhythm than Mark Madsen....

when we get in these...we sometimes have to think about the fact that we have kind of committed to 15 other guys to check in occasionally throughout the day....every day....courtesy type thing with 15 other people involved

don't get me wrong...I've timed out in the past...things happen....and we haven't really had a bunch of time outs....but man this is crawling....

I like your team better than Sinrman's. I think Cam will regress stat wise. I take Vick before Cam this year...hence I'll never see Cam. I also like Julio better than White in these best ball leagues. While White may outpoint him on a year end total basis, Jones will post more scoreable weeks for anyone with a decent or better WR corp.
Hehe interesting, coming from a Panthers fan! :DPersonally, I see Cam doing even better than last year. He has a year under his belt. He knows the playbook even better. Doesn't have to contend with a lockout. He has chemistry with his WRs and TEs. I think his INTs go down, and passing TDs go up a bit. What will make or break him in fantasy is whether he can keep up the rushing TDs. I don't see why not... :unsure:

QB - Ryan 7

RB -

WR - Jennings 10, Nelson 10, Maclin 7

TE - Graham 6

Feel good to get Ryan late 4th. After Rodgers, I don't see that big of a dropoff from the other QBs selected. He's as good of a candidate to be last year's Stafford as anyone.

Should have good pop at WR. Really feel like 4 and 5th are a sweet spot for WRs and if Ryan was gone I would have 4 WRs roster right now.

RB is going to be fun. Just not enough pts in this format with the league going to passing and RBBC to invest in RB.

Haven't managed the byes well but am in a position to wait on TE if I like.

QB: Josh Freeman (5)

RB: Arian Foster (8)

WR: AJ Green (8), Julio Jones (7), Percy Harvin (11)

I really like my draft so far.

I have a top 3 RB in Arian Foster.

My WR's I think are really strong. I drafted AJ Green and Julio Jones in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and I believe they will both improve on last years numbers. I was very happy to land Percy Harvin in the 5th round. That seems like a steal to me considering he finished around WR8 in PPR leagues and I got him at WR21.

I got caught at the back end of a QB run in round 4 but I'm very happy to be landing Josh Freeman. He finished around QB14 depending on a leagues scoring. In 2010 Freeman finished at around QB7 and I think his numbers will be somewhere in the middle between 2010 & 2011. The Bucs got him a go to WR in Vincent Jackson and a RB in round one of the draft that will help to take pressure of the passing game. Also I think the Bucs have an improved defense that will help to keep their defense off the field and the Bucs offense on the field. I see Freeman landing somewhere between QB8 & QB12 this season.

QB: Josh Freeman (5)RB: Arian Foster (8)WR: AJ Green (8), Julio Jones (7), Percy Harvin (11)I really like my draft so far. I have a top 3 RB in Arian Foster. My WR's I think are really strong. I drafted AJ Green and Julio Jones in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and I believe they will both improve on last years numbers. I was very happy to land Percy Harvin in the 5th round. That seems like a steal to me considering he finished around WR8 in PPR leagues and I got him at WR21. I got caught at the back end of a QB run in round 4 but I'm very happy to be landing Josh Freeman. He finished around QB14 depending on a leagues scoring. In 2010 Freeman finished at around QB7 and I think his numbers will be somewhere in the middle between 2010 & 2011. The Bucs got him a go to WR in Vincent Jackson and a RB in round one of the draft that will help to take pressure of the passing game. Also I think the Bucs have an improved defense that will help to keep their defense off the field and the Bucs offense on the field. I see Freeman landing somewhere between QB8 & QB12 this season.
Really nice draft, probably the best of the bunch so far. I was torn between Ryan and Harvin. Harvin was a steal at that spot and I would have liked to lock up three WR1s in this format. Came down to me believing Ryan + Maclin > Freeman + Harvin...although I likely would have gone both Harvin and Maclin and waited QB.

4.11 Romo

1.06 McCoy

5.06 Stewart

2.11 Nicks

3.06 Marshall

7.06 Blackmon

6.11 Keller

Not exactly what I was planning, but I like the team so far.

QB: Rivers

RB: Trent Richardson

RB: Roy Helu

RB: Mark Ingram

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Darius Heyward-Bey

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Counting a LOT on young RBs, which could burn me big time. Also my lack of depth at WR may be a concern, especially with how quickly they are flying off the board.

QB:

P.Manning

RB:

R.Matthews

W.McGahee

WR:

V.Cruz

B.LLoyd

G.Little

TE:

B.Pettigrew

Feeling solid about my core starters.

'Stinkin Ref said:
SSL1: 14.06SSL2: 10.08SSL3: 6.11SSL4: 7.13 :yawn: :sleep: :tumbleweed:
As I feared at the start, At some point someone else is going to have to start a new Draft thread... I'll be travelling next week. I'll do everything I can to make picks and it shouldn't be a problem for me to message and get my picks in timely even if I have to drive to an area with service but, keeping up with the thread will be impossible....unless we want to fly without an updated draft thread :shrug:

QB: Rivers (7)

RB: Trent Richardson (10)

RB: Roy Helu (10)

RB: Mark Ingram (6)

RB: Donald Brown (4)

WR: Dez Bryant (5)

WR: Darius Heyward-Bey (5)

TE: Rob Gronkowski (9)

Keeping up my goal of having a strong core of RBs, as having 4 potential starters in a 16-team league is a decisive advantage in my eyes. Will definitely have to get some more WRs soon, as I just now noticed that both of my current guys have a week 5 bye. :(

Keeping up my goal of having a strong core of RBs, as having 4 potential starters in a 16-team league is a decisive advantage in my eyes. Will definitely have to get some more WRs soon, as I just now noticed that both of my current guys have a week 5 bye. :(
I'd be interested to hear your take on this a little more...as obviously while you may have the opportunity to chose from a couple more "higher quality" scores at RB (not sure how much variance there really will be, but anyway)....it obviously possibly decreases the point potential at WR and or QB since you may have less quality there....why do you think it is such a decisive advantage to have 4 starters at RB over say higher end WR or QB scores to chose from....plus I have some thoughts on the crew you assembled there anyway and about whether you achieved your goal and really do have a decisive advantage...and two of them share a bye

plus with your bye week situation right now at WR where you have to start 3 compared to just 2 at RB you have almost magnified your issues at that position on top of already landing lesser quality so to speak from here on out...you have basically taken anymore WR's from 4 teams (DAL-DET-OAK-TBB) off the board....

just curious on your thoughts...not trying to be a doosh...

You guys are killing me. Really wanted either Ridley or Young at my next pick. The value on the board isn't where I need it.

I'd be interested to hear your take on this a little more...as obviously while you may have the opportunity to chose from a couple more "higher quality" scores at RB (not sure how much variance there really will be, but anyway)....it obviously possibly decreases the point potential at WR and or QB since you may have less quality there....why do you think it is such a decisive advantage to have 4 starters at RB over say higher end WR or QB scores to chose from....plus I have some thoughts on the crew you assembled there anyway and about whether you achieved your goal and really do have a decisive advantage...and two of them share a bye

plus with your bye week situation right now at WR where you have to start 3 compared to just 2 at RB you have almost magnified your issues at that position on top of already landing lesser quality so to speak from here on out...you have also basically taken anymore WR's from 4 teams (DAL-DET-OAK-TBB) off the board....

just curious on your thoughts...not trying to be a doosh...
Yeah, I was scratching my head on that. Both WRs share a bye............ that is going to hurt a LOT. Especially since we're scrambling for #2, #3, and #4 WRs the rest of the way. The RBs seem decent, but there is a great deal of risk there. Richardson definitely looks great, but teams will likely stack the line and he's a rookie, so it will likely take awhile to get acclimated to the NFL. The others have injury concerns and are all coming back from past injuries the last year or two.

Didn't really need a TE but couldn't pass on Winslow there. Consistantly good for 150 pts in this format. Only reason he fell was lack of TDs last year. If those return he's back to his finishes in the 6th to 7th best TE range.

QB: Rivers (7)RB: Trent Richardson (10)RB: Roy Helu (10)RB: Mark Ingram (6)RB: Donald Brown (4)WR: Dez Bryant (5)WR: Darius Heyward-Bey (5)TE: Rob Gronkowski (9)Keeping up my goal of having a strong core of RBs, as having 4 potential starters in a 16-team league is a decisive advantage in my eyes. Will definitely have to get some more WRs soon, as I just now noticed that both of my current guys have a week 5 bye. :(
I honestly have no idea why you'd take RB4 over WR3 in this format. Makes no sense to me.

Brees(6) - Last year's top scorer in this format...I think....no worse than 2nd.....available at 1.11. Works for me.

Witten(5) - Took him in 2nd round in PDSL as well. Didn't particularly want to repeat but gut feeling says he finishes top 3-4 TE this year. 90+ balls, 1000+ yds and 7+ TDs. No L Robinson in the house.....

S Jax(9), Redman(4), D Wilson(11) - generally I have not drafted rookies in this format. Would rather roll with a vet but Ahmad is fragile and they run enough for 2 RBs to thrive.

D Bowe(7), D Moore(5), Meachem(7)......Not bad....Bowe is not sexy but is consistent. Week 7 will be addressed before draft conclusion. I must admit, I would not be suprised if Meachem flopped. Not convinced that he will maximize his opportunity in San Diego

I am relatively new to this format, but I believe WR is the deepest position and don't feel the need to stack WRs early. This draft, my plan was to draft QB and TE, then devote following rounds to WR/RB.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
QB: Rivers (7)RB: Trent Richardson (10)RB: Roy Helu (10)RB: Mark Ingram (6)RB: Donald Brown (4)WR: Dez Bryant (5)WR: Darius Heyward-Bey (5)TE: Rob Gronkowski (9)Keeping up my goal of having a strong core of RBs, as having 4 potential starters in a 16-team league is a decisive advantage in my eyes. Will definitely have to get some more WRs soon, as I just now noticed that both of my current guys have a week 5 bye. :(
I honestly have no idea why you'd take RB4 over WR3 in this format. Makes no sense to me.
Why?If you get to a point in your rankings where you have the next 15+++ WR's with similar projections yet, a steep drop off at RB... You make the pick.....

I went from thinking about posting how a slow slow slow draft is sometimes interesting to losing some interest here....

While I'm #####in' though.....

Do any of you guys draft at FFPC in the $77 drafts?

I wind up doing about a dozen of these thru the offseason and the auto pick makes them usually whip by.... It's also FBG championship / FFPC format which keeps you sharp for those drafts.

good times.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
Why?If you get to a point in your rankings where you have the next 15+++ WR's with similar projections yet, a steep drop off at RB... You make the pick.....
Odds of WR3 contributing to your lineup >95%Odds of RB4 contributing <10%That's why. Doesn't matter if you don't love the talent pool at your pick, you need to find a WR3 before you shop for a RB4. You only start 2 RBs but 3WRs count every week.I'd even take it further - I'd draft WR4 before I ever thought of RB4, since WR4 - if you choose wisely - counts at LEAST 3 times with byes for WR1, WR2 and WR3. RB4 may never count if RB1-RB3 all do well.

kind of think it's impossible to put %'s on how much they will count....the only real issue is that you do count a WR3 score of some sort each week even if it is a zero....

if Gandals would have taken a WR with that pick (let's say Jerry Rice is back in the league), Rice would have been his 3rd WR taken....then lets say the day before the season Rice retires....we'll Gandalas could still win the league cause he may draft several more WR's between now and the end of the draft....there is a chance that everybody we draft may not contribute at all, except for DST...

so while it may not seem to make the most "common sense"....what Reaper said has some merit...

sidenote, but on that group I could see Brown conributing more than 10% of the time....which in a 17 week season is really 2 or more....

if he "hits" on some of the WR's later (even though we will be getting into WR3's and 4's soon) like maybe a Cruz or something...he could be ok and maybe the thought process works....I don't like it, but that means nothing....

the real kicker is that as of right now after 4 weeks he has guaranteed zero at WR....the next 3 guys will really need to stay healthy.....he has limited his options when his turn comes up....so even if things are like Reaper said and he has the next 15 WR's grouped together....the bye week situation and the fact that some of those guys will be taken by other drafters probably lowers that number and makes him start diving deaper into his rankings....

plus he only has one QB and may need to take one soon.....cause some buttmunch might decide to take 3.... :unsure:

'BassNBrew said:
Didn't really need a TE but couldn't pass on Winslow there. Consistantly good for 150 pts in this format. Only reason he fell was lack of TDs last year. If those return he's back to his finishes in the 6th to 7th best TE range.
Nice pick up BNB I was watching Winslow and hoping he'd fall another two picks. Was hoping for Winslow and Flynn (who was taken next) on the way back. guess I will settle on Olsen & Cassel.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
Odds of WR3 contributing to your lineup >95%Odds of RB4 contributing <10%That's why. Doesn't matter if you don't love the talent pool at your pick, you need to find a WR3 before you shop for a RB4. You only start 2 RBs but 3WRs count every week.I'd even take it further - I'd draft WR4 before I ever thought of RB4, since WR4 - if you choose wisely - counts at LEAST 3 times with byes for WR1, WR2 and WR3. RB4 may never count if RB1-RB3 all do well.
I can see both your points being valid.

Note that I did not consider (nor look at) bye weeks until I got into the 7/8 rounds for fear of passing up value.

1.03 QB1 - Rodgers - (10)

Would have went foster, rice & Rodgers in that order. going QB early puts a real stress on the rest of your lineup in this league, but I couldn't pass up having the top QB as opposed to the 3rd best RB or top WR.

2.14 WR1 - Wallace (4)

WR needs to be strong in this format, Wallace is becoming a complete receiver. A. Brown will help draw coverage, and the steelers are looking at a more open offense this year. I believe the contract issues will be setteled before the season, lock n load. could have went TE but with 6 were already off the board I didn't like the value in rnd 2.

3.03 RB1 - Lynch (11)

I wanted to get a solid contributor at RB early. While the contribution at RB isn't as great as WR/TE the scarcity made RB a priority here. Strongly considered going WR/TE and going RB/RB in 4/5 but I was afraid of having to pick through RBBC scraps at that point and having to put too many early picks into the RB position. Feed the beast and buy stock in skittles.

4.14 RB2 - Turner (7)

I have a soft spot for this guy, I like him to out produce his draft spot this year. With two solid RB's I can set it and forget it for a few rounds.

5.03 WR2 - Steve Johnson (8)

He's back with Buffalo, so is fitz, I like the connection and felt him the best available WR on the board at the time. By not going TE in rnd 4 I am forgoing strength at the TE position in liue of a deeper roster at other positions. WR2 was the no brainer here.

6.14 WR3 - Crabtree (9)

The value of WR3 has already been discussed here, WR was the pick, and despite the addition of a glut of mediocre receivers in SF, Crabtree has the potential to perform above the WR3 slot.

7.03 WR4 - A Boldin (8)

I wanted Santonio Holmes here, but Crippler snatched him up right before he made it back to me. Boldin may not be the clear cut #1 in baltimore, but he is going to have weeks were he performs like a #1 and he is going to get consistent production. Really strengthens my core as a WR #4

8.14 TE1 - Olsen (6)

Time to address TE, I was watching Winslow free fall and was hoping he'd fall into lap here, BNB had the same idea, so Olsen was the best of the rest and my consolation prize.

9.03 QB2 - Matt Cassel (7)

QB's are moving fast, I debated forgoing a backup QB who is "guaranteed" to start. Which is a strategy I tried with Brady last year, and all it took was one off week and here I am kicked down to SSL3 after a VERY early exit last year. Learning that lesson the hard way, I opted to go for a backup QB that will play, maybe he contributes enough to cover an off week by Rodgers + the bye week in 10 which will allow me some flexibility moving forward with bye week issues. Also if Rodgers gets injured I still have a fighting chance. I really wanted Flynn here but Gamma grabbed him. Not many starting QB's left on the board and the ones that are left are QBBC which may force using 2 picks to truely be backed up at QB.

I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the bye weeks so far and like how the team is shaping up.

My other comment is that drafting higher in the order for a 16 team league is absolutlely an advantage. I dont know what the stats look like, but I would belive that in most of these leagues I bet it is the higher seeds that typically advance, with the exception of a few superior/lucky drafts in the lower half.

QB: Cutler(4), Flacco(7)

I like the combo here. They should work fine

RB: Rice(1). Beanie(5)

Not a bad 1-2 punch. I was looking at David Wilson in round 8 but he was gone

WR: Colston(3), Holmes(7), Baldwin(8), Floyd(9)

My worst position but it is not too bad. I need Baldwin to step up or Floyd to be good. I will add more. Green would have looked good here

TE: Finley(2), Miller(10)

Solid TE at top and I feel I can get a good backup still in this draft(I did grab a backup I really like)

D: SF(11)

Get a stud elsewhere if you want to make up differences. TOp D.

Unlike Master, I hate drafting at the top. WSL was #1 pick and I dont like that team. Nothing fell like I would hope. PDSL I picked 15 and everything fell perfect for the players I like. Colston, Wells, Baldwin, Flacco might have all dropped to me later in rounds if I had a later pick. I dont mind this team at all but I am not overly excited either.

'BassNBrew said:
Nice pick up BNB I was watching Winslow and hoping he'd fall another two picks. Was hoping for Winslow and Flynn (who was taken next) on the way back. guess I will settle on Olsen & Cassel.
You be fine or better with Olsen.

QB - Ryan 7

RB - Starks 10, Spiller 8, Jones 5

WR - Jennings 10, Nelson 10, Maclin 7

TE - Graham 6, Winslow 5

Usually I have a good feel for how I've done at this point in a draft and a plan going forward. Neither is the case in this draft.

QB - Feel like I got good value with Ryan. Was eyeing Flynn or Kolb in the 8th and both went just ahead of that pick. Those owners picked up a gem. Had an opportunity to pick up Cassel and may regret passing. I guess I'll pick something from the trash heap at some point in time, but may just take Redman in the last round.

RB - Waited and it shows. Starks will be fine. I don't like either Spiller or Jones in the least bit. Jones has killed me year after year. I'll admit it, I took them because they went 1-2 rounds in earlier drafts and hope those folks know something I don't

WR - Started off strong and had planned on adding Moore/Floyd/Meachum as a 4th. All went earlier that planned. I really don't see a difference in most of the WRs remaining outside of a handful. May grab one of those if they hang around.

TE - Loaded for bear here. TEs went late in this draft and I would have passed on Graham if I'd known that in advance. I should have a guearanteed 15 pts here every week with a score in the 20's anytime I get a td.

Users who are viewing this thread