Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KellysHeroes

Traded Brady for Kolb and 1.08

24 posts in this topic

14 Team PPR where QBs are the highest scorers, was offered 1.08/Kolb for Brady and took it.

My reasoning for this is that Brady turns 35 before the season starts and even though he never misses time I can tell from living in the area that he always nipped up. It just always smells like their hiding an injury with him.

I also see this draft class as extremely deep and 1.08 this yr could be rated as 1.04 in any other yr. My other QB is Peyton and I'm hoping he can squeeze out 2 more yrs. I traded my 1st last yr while I was getting ready to make my last run, came in 3rd. As you can see from my team below I need some players from this draft.

Kolb, Kevin ARI QB - 10 FA

Manning, Peyton DEN QB (P) - 7 FA

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB (P) - 11 FA

Jacobs, Brandon SFO RB - 9 FA

Sproles, Darren NOS RB - 6 FA

Tate, Ben HOU RB - 8 FA

Amendola, Danny STL WR - 9 FA

Collie, Austin IND WR - 4 FA

Harvin, Percy MIN WR (P) - 11 FA

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR - 9 FA

Jones, James GBP WR - 10 FA

Kerley, Jeremy NYJ WR - 9 FA

Simpson, Jerome MIN WR (S) - 11 FA

Smith, Torrey BAL WR (P) - 8 FA

Tate, Golden SEA WR - 11 FA

Cook, Jared TEN TE - 11 FA

Davis, Fred WAS TE - 10 FA

Gates, Antonio SDC TE - 7 FA

Housler, Robert ARI TE - 10 FA

Miller, Zach SEA TE

You did well young jedi.

But now you have peyton on your bench. Try and flip him.

I don't like it... If you're concerned about Brady's age, Manning is a little older and coming off a serious injury. I think Kolb - or the equivalent - is replaceable with a little diligence or creativity. The 1.08? Essentially a crap shoot as the first round often can be... Brady - barring injury - is rock solid for another 3+ years.

I think we see the depth of this draft class a little differently...

I don't like it... If you're concerned about Brady's age, Manning is a little older and coming off a serious injury. I think Kolb - or the equivalent - is replaceable with a little diligence or creativity. The 1.08? Essentially a crap shoot as the first round often can be... Brady - barring injury - is rock solid for another 3+ years. I think we see the depth of this draft class a little differently...

yeah, I'm not getting that deal with Manning. from what I have seen either Wilson or Wright will be available with a small chance of RGIII... not bad

Not the best trade but it looks like you got a team you need to start blowing up and gathering picks with anyway. The only question I would ask is if Kolb and the 1.08 was really the best you could get?

Based on current value...I am watching start ups going on right now and Brady is going in the 2nd/3rd round.

Kolb is going undrafted and the 8th rookie is going in the 7th round.

In my league the guy who traded Brady a few weeks ago got the following

2013 1st round pick

4 2nd round picks this year

Cutler

I think you should have and could have done better.

I don't like it at all. Should have been able to get way more for Brady.

I think you could have gotten more for Brady. Barring injury I believe he has at least three more years of elite production. You appear to be rebuilding. What kind of shape is the other team in? Did he have more to offer?

I think you could have gotten more for Brady. Barring injury I believe he has at least three more years of elite production. You appear to be rebuilding. What kind of shape is the other team in? Did he have more to offer?

Someone call the police, you were robbed!!Tom Brady commands a LOT more. In my Qb very league, Brady would get a top notch player and multiple 1sts in return. Kolb is not a sure starter and Peyton is one big hit away from retirement. Brady's got at least 3 huge years left.

I don't like it at all. Should have been able to get way more for Brady.

:goodposting:

kolb might not even beat out skelton. don't like it at all. sorry.

people panic way to early in dynasty league on elite players.

i like the brady deal better (seems like you could have gotten more)..would have traded sproles and peyton for whatever you could have gotten

i like the brady deal better (seems like you could have gotten more)..would have traded sproles and peyton for whatever you could have gotten

I couldn't even get a mid 2nd for Sproles, plus with Ingram and his knee I see DS having another crazy yr.Guess its just me but I rate Brady between the 1.06 - 1.08 range, KK was just a filer for me

I couldn't even get a mid 2nd for Sproles, plus with Ingram and his knee I see DS having another crazy yr.Guess its just me but I rate Brady between the 1.06 - 1.08 range, KK was just a filer for me
you are overvaluing rookie picks imo.

Based on current value...I am watching start ups going on right now and Brady is going in the 2nd/3rd round.Kolb is going undrafted and the 8th rookie is going in the 7th round.In my league the guy who traded Brady a few weeks ago got the following2013 1st round pick4 2nd round picks this yearCutlerI think you should have and could have done better.

QB's have more value in a start up draft. They are alot harder to trade after rosters have been established. I have Stafford and Newton cant get anything near fair value for them. RB and WR are alot easier to trade then the QB position.

you are overvaluing rookie picks imo.
Sounds like he's not the only one- he couldn't even get a mid-2nd round rookie pick for Sproles in a PPR? Insane, but it happens a lot I guess.

So you traded an Old Brady in one of the best offenses in the NFL, for a middle aged Kolb who has shown literally nothing on the side of progress and likely will not be starting in the NFL in 2013 and the 1.08.

Hope you got Richardson, Luck, Griffon and Martin for the 1.08.

update, ended up getting RGIII.

Had to excahnge 2 3rds for 2 5ths but those are little value to me, In the end it was Brady for RGIII. I like it considering I couldn't even get Matt Ryan for Brady in this league; Brady is a stud but hes getting up there while RGIII could be great.

Makes it better but I still prefer Brady to RG3. For all we know, RG3 could bust. Brady has at least 3 elite years left. Who knows if RG3 will ever reach that production?

WOW... I would take Brady for Kolb and 1.08 any time!! I'm not a fan of Kolb plus every year, there is a new QB that can be found if you are scare that Brady is getting old.

Good luck!

You're ####### lucky you got RG3 cause that first trade wasn't good.

You're ####### lucky you got RG3 cause that first trade wasn't good.

:goodposting: