What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just ran over a rabbits nest with lawnmower (1 Viewer)

Da Guru

Fair & Balanced
Just ran over a rabbits nest with my lawvmover and killed a couple of babies. There are three that are injured and flopping around. I am on my deck with my laptop and can see them. Seriously....What should I do? Run them over again?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would euthanize them, seriously. Don't like to see them suffer. If you do not, I am sure a hawk or a small mammal will come along to finish the job.

If you have kids, making homemade lucky rabbit's feet keychains could be a pretty sweet father-child bonding experience.

Jesus what a mess. I just closed my eyes and ran them over again. This is horrible. :cry:
I would have thought hitting them with a shovel would be more humane. :confused:
Drowning them would have been better, bucket+rubber glove would have done the trick. Running them over again seems like something they'd do in the Middle East, or in Kentucky.

Oh by all means jump on the internet and tell a bunch of strangers about it instead of ending their suffering.

Jesus what a mess. I just closed my eyes and ran them over again. This is horrible. :cry:
Are they dead or just more mangled?
They are dead. I am an animal lover and feel sick by this. I paniced and did not know what to do. Thought hitting them a second time would be more painless than drowing or a shovel the the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are dead. I am an animal lover and feel sick by this. I paniced and did not know what to do. Thought hitting them a second time would be more painless than drowing or a shovel the the head.
did you just run them over again, or hover over them? oh, the rabbitanity.

I would have thought hitting them with a shovel would be more humane. :confused:
Drowning them would have been better, bucket+rubber glove would have done the trick. Running them over again seems like something they'd do in the Middle East, or in Kentucky.
I don't get why people think drowning isn't so bad. Drowning/suffocation would be horrifying. I'd rather bleed-out than be trapped under water or snow, thrashing. Yikes.

You're good. I'd have done the same thing honestly. It's quick, and probably the easiest way for you too.I've run over a rabbit nest before, though not COMPLETELY over. It was on the edge of a strawberry bed. In my case, two scattered into the nearby bushes, and two got scattered all over the lawn...ugh. The only thing worse is hitting a deer fawn with a bush hog. That happened to me too...when deer fawn are really young, they basically lay in a ball in high grass and won't move for much of anything...in this case, this one didn't move AT ALL till it was too late. :cry:

There's not really a good or humane way to handle that, I wouldn't sweat it. Something like that would probably ruin my week, sorry man.

Next time go with the shovel, aim for the neck.As long as you put them out of their misery as quickly as you could that's the important thing.

Next time go with the shovel, aim for the neck.As long as you put them out of their misery as quickly as you could that's the important thing.
Ya, like in between posts...

I don't get why people think drowning isn't so bad. Drowning/suffocation would be horrifying. I'd rather bleed-out than be trapped under water or snow, thrashing. Yikes.
Drowning would be bad. But in this case it would take 10 seconds and would save a lot of the gore. Actually the best method would be a kitchen knife meeting the jugular. Running them over again just seems ridiculous to me.

:lmao:

:lmao:

I feel for you. A couple of years ago, I was weed-eating along the fence in the backyard. I looked down and noticed a bird on the ground with both of its legs mangled and huge chunk of its abdomen missing. I guess I had cut it up; no idea how though. It was still alive and I panicked and didn't know what to do. I went inside and grabbed a hammer and about half a dozen paper towels. I came out back, covered it with the paper towels and gave it a nice hard smack with the hammer where I though the head was. I guess I missed, because all of a sudden it started stutter-fly/crawling through the grass caught up in the PTs. I had to chase it down and smack it a couple more times before it finally went down. When it was done, as I was stuffing it in a plastic Target sack, I noticed the elderly woman in the house behind us on her deck watching me with a look of both terror and repulsion.

I was playing fetch with a dog in an open field recently when he stopped to smell something, then backed off and kind of circled it. I go over to find a dead, trampled rooster. But when I look closer it's eye starts to blink, looking at me. I think that's why the dog backed off, he realized it was still alive. Normally, he'd be right down in there with his nose. Anyway, the thing couldn't move an inch. It was on its side and could only look up at me with that one eye.

So I am thinking ah crap, I need to grab a shovel or large rock...and I am not looking forward to this. But as we walked back to the house I glance back at the poor thing (and I hate them, btw), and there is a large cok standing over it, feathers all puffed up, ripping the thing to shreds with his spurs. :shock:

Now I don't know if he was the murderer -- I suspect he was -- but it was weird. What was crazy was the cok's drive to finish the job. Because they are all deathly afraid of the dog I was with. They'll even take flight when they see him...as they did when we first hit the field. But this one's desire to kill superceded the inherent danger. The rest of the birds were long gone, across a stream. But dog (death) or no dog, he was going to make sure the other cok was no longer breathing.

That cok actually must've literally been lying in wait while we played fetch. :ph34r:

i did this once... took 3 out pretty quick.

horrifying.

I've hit a few snakes in my day as well... those i didn't feel as bad about.

I wouldn't want to be mowed

I think I need to add getting mowed by an industrial lawn mower not once but twice to my top ten worst ways to die.

Users who are viewing this thread