What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Playoffs-Indianapolis@Kansas (1 Viewer)

Andy Hicks

Footballguy
The winner of this game goes to New England to play for the AFC entrant in Superbowl XXXVIII.Please post your comments and game throughts here please

The offense by the Colts has lived up the billing so far - they seem to be moving with ease.Manning airing it out, and constantly earning firstdowns, will extend this game into the high scoring affair we anticipate.

General opinions on Manning's constant audibling?
All I have to say about that is.... Peyton Manning is the best QB in football, and is probably more prepared, with more game knowledge than any QB ever. If they can avoid turnovers, KC is gonna have to be sharp.

For the second straight week I'll say it -- Brandon Stokley is going to be someone worth looking at in fantasy drafts next year.

For the second straight week I'll say it -- Brandon Stokley is going to be someone worth looking at in fantasy drafts next year.
His injury history is pretty ordinary, but he's looked like the missing link in the Colts lineup these last 2 games.

His injury history is pretty ordinary, but he's looked like the missing link in the Colts lineup these last 2 games.
The only qualifier I can see is what kind of role will Clark have next year when he returns, but it's possible he impacts Pollard more as he was doing early in the year. Stokley is clearly looking like a guy capable of stealing 6-9 TDs as a No. 3 WR.

This game is starting exactly the way I thought it would - while the Colts look like they could shred any defense (and they can) it is as clear a fact that noone has been able to stop the Chiefs. This ought to be a really fuin game to watch.

It's funny to watch Indy look almost confused prior to the snap, just get the play off, then easily get a chunk of yardage from the play. Chiefs moving down easily, but the Colts finally made a stop. Still, this has that 37-34 look to it so far, eh?

Is there any doubt that the Chiefs have far and away the best OL in football? I'm not going on today, of course - everyone runs on the Colts - but I hadn't seen any unit demolish front sevens like the Chiefs do. Holmes will routinely get all sorts of time to float, float, then hit the hole - without anyone near him.

according to Enberg, a FG from the center of the field is a tough angle
Ohhhh, my.Enberg should have retired a long, long time ago. When's the over-under on his first mis-identified player? I say late first quarter.

A Boerigter sighting!!!!Where's Maximus??????and a drop... :bag:
He should have had that one, too - Boerigter better increase the level of his play if he wants to stay with the team next year.

I hope AC/DC has good legal representation, because their music is everywhere these days.
For Those About To Rock is a great tune... I'm sure they are getting paid handsomely for that spot.

WOW - 14-3 1st Q.Edit to add: we might have two 100 yard rushers befopre the half is up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, big pass to Harrison, and then Edge takes it in nearly untouched. KC's defense is leaking like a siv.

:coltsoffensesingingtocheifsoffense:anything you can do I can do better I can do anything better than you

You can have your Peppers, Vicks, McNabbs and Favres...You are looking at the best quarterback in the NFL at this time, hands down...

Looks like K.C. can't stop anything. This could get out of hand quick, Indy has some play makers on D. K.C. needs to score Now to keep up.

Easy homer. KC can't stop the run.
Not a homer, just a (former) owner. Edge has been great down the stretch, as well as the entire Colt offense. I think he's a top 5 back next year.

Is there any more useless TV sporting event tradition that the "decibel watch"? They always give you the long list of comparisons - 110 is a jet plane, 120 is a rock concert, 150 is your grandpa snoring, etc. Then they put the little monitor on the screen and breathlessly watch it. And it never goes past 105. Ever. And they're so disappointed.

So is there any doubt that Edge is back? Where are the Edgerrina idiots now?
I'm in respectful disagreement on that one. I think James is a solid player these days, but I felt he was the best back in the NFL at one time prior to his injury, the type of player who could run over you or around you. I don't think that way now - I just see him as a good player, not a dominant one. One man's opinion.

Did anyone catch that 3rd and 9 play on the Colts' second TD drive? Harrison caught the ball for the first down and was laying there while the Chiefs stood around. #21 dove over him and appeared to touch him. Harrison looked like he was about to get up and run, a la last week vs. Denver. After about a second or so, #59 (Barber?) was standing there looking at Harrison and suddenly ran over to touch him. Ya think the Chiefs' D. had that situation vs. the Broncos drilled into their heads during films all week? At least Barber paid attention!

Rethink it.
Agreed. Edge hasn't had a healthy season since 2000 and despite an improvement in production this season he still had a lot of instances where he struggled to punch it into the end zone. I think he's Top 10, but no way would I take him in the Top 5, still too much risk.

I'm so happy you've thought it out. Care to make a point?
Yes. Which one of these do you put Edge ahead of?Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Ladanian Tomlinson, Ahman Green. I'd also put Duece McCalister ahead of Edge.

Fair enough. I think he's looked better and better down the stretch. And his situation with that offense bumps him up to begin with.

Yes. Which one of these do you put Edge ahead of?Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Ladanian Tomlinson, Ahman Green. I'd also put Duece McCalister ahead of Edge.
Alexander might be worth a pick ahead of James, too, though it's very close.

Shaun Alexander is a no-brainer ahead of Edge in my opinion. I'd also give strong consideration to Ricky Williams too although back-to-back off-season shoulder surgeries has me somewhat concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread