What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Playoffs-Indianapolis@Kansas (1 Viewer)

DROPS.Period - story of the game. Defense doesn't matter, B.S. - the Chiefs would have the LEAD right now if not for drops.

Holmes breaks another one. Message to Vermeil "STICK WITH WHAT GOT YOU HERE".
Hi BL,With those WRs, he's got no choice but to run Holmes. Gonzalez can't catch everything. Or better said, Gonzalez is the only reliable guy to catch anything.J

24-17 with all the drops and miscues is something they'll take. I happen to agree that they need to close this deal. Vermeil would go for it on fourth down, I think.

DROPS.Period - story of the game. Defense doesn't matter, B.S. - the Chiefs would have the LEAD right now if not for drops.
how would they have the lead? The Colts have scored every time they touchred the ball, and only 1 was a field goal. Your telling me the defense has nothing to do with it? :shock: Your crazy, i like you, but your crazy.

With those WRs, he's got no choice but to run Holmes. Gonzalez can't catch everything. Or better said, Gonzalez is the only reliable guy to catch anything.
Wow, 3rd and goal. I wouldn't want to make this call.

I'm curious as to what people think James has lost from his pre-injury days. I just don't see it. I understand that KC has no run D, but he looks about the same to me.
burstacceleration out of his cutshis receiving numbers have dropped quite a bit too, but that may have little to do with the injury

how would they have the lead? The Colts have scored every time they touchred the ball, and only 1 was a field goal. Your telling me the defense has nothing to do with it? :shock: Your crazy, i like you, but your crazy.
2 TDs lost by drops. Add it up.

I'll tell you what, these playoffs have been packed with as much drama as the NCAA tournament. I can't recall the last time. This game is going to come down to the end as well.

Holmes has some serious hops. Not owning him in any league this year was painful.
Agreed. I passed on Holmes in the one league I drafted early enough to get him. I'll make the excuse that it was good "risk management", but boy it sure did hurt.

DROPS.Period - story of the game.  Defense doesn't matter, B.S. - the Chiefs would have the LEAD right now if not for drops.
2 TDs lost by drops. Add it up.
I guess Sehorn and Martz had nothing to do with the Rams lost yesterday because Holt dropped a sure TD. :wacko: The Chiefs defense sucks, and thats why they will lose today.

Tomlinson or Holmes at #1 next year? That will be a tough decision, with Green just behind.
To many unanswered questions. Does SD upgrade that offensive line? Does Favre return to GB? Two of these guys are still playing in this post-season. Keep your eyes peeled. Ahman Green has been nothing short of CLUTCH this year.

Agreed. I passed on Holmes in the one league I drafted early enough to get him. I'll make the excuse that it was good "risk management", but boy it sure did hurt.
I still made the playoffs in all leagues, though I won *no* championships. Maybe I didn't have the right defenses . . . ;) I would take Tomlinson over Holmes, showing that I'm still stubborn. Or maybe I'm simply more comfortable going with the younger back, albeit Marty is doing all he can to make sure Tomlinson can't walk by the time he's 32.

To many unanswered questions. Does SD upgrade that offensive line? Does Favre return to GB? Two of these guys are still playing in this post-season. Keep your eyes peeled. Ahman Green has been nothing short of CLUTCH this year.
I think the Packers finally realized how dominant he is as a short-yardage guy. I was shocked Green got no real MVP consideration. That's an oversight.

Yes, Virginia, Marcus Pollard can catch.

Here come the Colts. Again.

"I think you hear them knocking, and I think they're goin in . . . "

I think the Packers finally realized how dominant he is as a short-yardage guy. I was shocked Green got no real MVP consideration. That's an oversight.
No its not, without that Oline and Holmes, Green is nothing more than an average QB at best. Manning and Mcnair on the other hand........

I think the Packers finally realized how dominant he is as a short-yardage guy.

I was shocked Green got no real MVP consideration. That's an oversight.
No its not, without that Oline and Holmes, Green is nothing more than an average QB at best. Manning and Mcnair on the other hand........
I meant Ahman Green, not Trent Green.

I think Tomlinson is the right pick. Look what he did this year on a team with a horrible offense. He's young, has the right build, and he's durable. Sure, it's the conservative pick, but blowing your first round pick can really make you shake your head later. Go with the safe pick when you can.

I guess Sehorn and Martz had nothing to do with the Rams lost yesterday because Holt dropped a sure TD. :wacko: The Chiefs defense sucks, and thats why they will lose today.
???I'm not going to debate - my contention has always been that the Chiefs defense is irrelevent b/c the game will come down to whether the Colts can stop the Chiefs - not the other way around. Had it not been for two drops, the Chiefs would be ahead by 4 or so, causing the situaiton I envisioned - that the Colts would have to continue to keep up instead of staying ahead.Yes, the Chiefs defense sucks and can't stop Manning - that's not why they will lose, though.

No its not, without that Oline and Holmes, Green is nothing more than an average QB at best.
I think he meant Ahman Green, not Trent. :)

If the Colts can play some D, I don't care what the temp is in NE next week, they are heading to Houston, IMHO.

If the Colts can play some D, I don't care what the temp is in NE next week, they are heading to Houston, IMHO.
If anyone has a shot to stop the Colts, the Patriots do (personnel, coaching, weather, etc). I'm not saying New England will. But let's not put the Colts in Houston just yet . . .

Manning is the best QB I've ever watched. Let's get that out there right now. Great!
He IS incredible - thus my Marino comparison.But, he is far from the best QB I've ever watched considering I've been watching the NFL's greatest QB since 1972 onward. When he does it that way for more than 3 years running (and he's just this past year hitting the stride that Marino hit the ground running with), I'll start elevating him.Wow - Hall GONE!Over safe.

Yes, the Chiefs defense sucks and can't stop Manning - that's not why they will lose, though.
:shock: i dont know what else to say.
Then you haven't read my posts in this thread or all week - I ALWAYS said this would be a 45 to 40 type game, that would come down to both teams' execution on offense, not on whether the Chiefs' defense can stop Manning.

Users who are viewing this thread