What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fly Eagles Fly! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear a blowout in the Super Bowl. If not a blowout, I'm afraid it will be a lousy game. Even so, we've been given some great playoff games this year. I can't remember as many close games. :)
No one thought the Ravens would blow out the GiantsNo one gave the Pats a shot against the RamsNever lose hope, never surrender! :)Cheers

No one thought the Ravens would blow out the Giants

No one gave the Pats a shot against the Rams

Never lose hope, never surrender! :)

Cheers
You're right...there's always a chance. Notice I didn't say it would be a blowout. ;)

a couple of thoughts:do we sing that little beagle song to the silver convention's 70's disco classic "fly robin fly?"didn't know Favre didn't face the media. I think he gets a mulligan on this one because he would've broken down and cried like a baby for his pops.tug mc graw? even for me, that may be pushing the limit.beagle fans prefer the panthers? I'm shocked. the rams are not only much softer, but their head coach can't manage a game to save his life.maximum respect to the beagles for making it to 3 straight. reminds me of the cowgirls, circa 80-82 or so. that trifecta of championship game losses still makes me smile. a beagle loss Sunday can't top that, though

Didn't we already beat the Panthers AT Carolina? And don't cry about that Kasay crap....yeah he missed some field goals but had he made them, the Eagles would have call their offensive game plan a little differently. Carolina is a great team......that will most likely lose next Sunday. Sorry....that's just the way it is.Did GB give us that game yesterday? Maybe. But didn't ARI (or MIN if you look at it that way) give GB the playoffs on a silver platter?I know many of you hate the Eagles and Eagles fans. Good. We are an extremely passionate group that are savvy football fans and will bleed green no matter which team is the new "flavor of the month". Bottom line, is it better to be loved or feared? I'd have to say feared.3 straight NFC Championship games in this day and age in the NFL is an incredible accomplishment. Couple that with the injuries this team has suffered this year, and it is astonishing. Panthers are good, we are better. We beat them once at their house, they will get beat again here.

Congratulations to the Eagles! Since I picked the Packers to upset the Eagles in all my pools, I was disappointed. But they proved me wrong.Good luck to the Eagles fans this week against Carolina.Best to all.

Get ready Smokin...its coming.... ;) This is definitely the wrong place to look for Eagles love. That's OK. I know we're a tight knit group of fans and anyone who isn't with us just won't understand. They don't know the heartache of 20+ years of championship futility (or care enough to feel it). We are a pissed off bunch and the respect will not come until we break the championship drought. We are faithful though that the day will come. Will it be the Eagles? The Flyers? Phillies? Six..ah who care about b-ball. Seems all of our sports teams are in the same situation - close enough to tease us, not quite good enough to satisfy us. We still tune in or buy our tickets because we love the team plus we are not fair weather fans. We were there through the 3-13 Kotite years and we're here for the team now. That alone will make the championship that much sweeter when the day finally comes! I truely believe that when the Lombardi trophy (or Stanley Cup) is finally hoisted, we will appreciate more than most other sports towns.And while we're still languishing in a championship desert, I'm still proud when my 8-year-old son goes off to school in his McNabb/LeClair/Phillies jersey! I just hope he does not have to suffer as much as I have!

i hope the Eagles win next week and get housed in the SuperbowlI hate the Eagles with all that i am and wouldnt mind if the entire team dissappeared never to be found againI live in NJ and am beyond sick of hearing about how good Donovan McNabb is......that game was given to them yesterday by Favre and Sherman, and I for one really really hope that the Eagles lose in the next 2 weeks........As a Dallas fan especiallyand no, i'm not bitterLoop
Crawk back under your rock, you dallas cockaroach!
Amen to that! A Dallas fan in NJ? Yeah you got a lot of credibility, I wonder why you like Dallas. Thank God Dallas lost or else I would have to hear those cockaroaches like this all week on the radio. Bottom line is the Birds won. Deal with it.

I was at that PHILLY/GB game yesterday and it was an experience I will never forget. I've been to many many games, but this one was different. It was like every fan there KNEW the Eagles were going to win that game. I don't believe in all of that destiny crap, but I do know a TEAM when I see one. Every Eagle refused to lose. How do get run on all day but then have a goal line stand like that? How do you convert a 4th and 26 like it's just another play? Why does Favre throw that pass. especially when Green Davenport and Fisher are running all over us? Why is he throwing at all?No matter who we were going to play next week, I believe this team will continue to "refuse to lose". I can only imagine how much tougher we'd be with a healthy D-Line, Westbrook, and Emmons............Eagles - Patriots Superbowl. The two best TEAMS in the NFL.

I was at that PHILLY/GB game yesterday and it was an experience I will never forget. I've been to many many games, but this one was different. It was like every fan there KNEW the Eagles were going to win that game. I don't believe in all of that destiny crap, but I do know a TEAM when I see one. Every Eagle refused to lose. How do get run on all day but then have a goal line stand like that? How do you convert a 4th and 26 like it's just another play? Why does Favre throw that pass. especially when Green Davenport and Fisher are running all over us? Why is he throwing at all?No matter who we were going to play next week, I believe this team will continue to "refuse to lose". I can only imagine how much tougher we'd be with a healthy D-Line, Westbrook, and Emmons............Eagles - Patriots Superbowl. The two best TEAMS in the NFL.
Agreed.Seeing the post game interviews on Tivo, I was giddy to see BDawkins talking about how they just weren't going to lose that game, they'd come to far to not get to the Bowl this year. He said after the Pack went up 17-14, he huddled the defense and said, "our goal was to hold them to 17 or less, we still haven't failed, let's do what we have to do." And the rest as they say is history. I'm a big believer (whether the empirical evidence is there or not) that much of who wins in today's NFL comes down to preparedness and as importantly, focus and will. I believe that's why you see Super Bowl teams struggle to defend their crowns, it's just natural to have a bit less hunger after you've won the whole thing. That's why, in the NFC, I've felt all along that Philly was the team this year. No one wants it as bad as they do, and has the taste of coming so close (yet so far) to motivate them.Cheers

alot of eagle haters in here, i think some credit is due. the eagles have overcome alot with the bad start and injuries that are never ending...this eagle team has stayed together and have played well as a team. if the haters want to hate thats fine but you cant argue that the eagles are one of the best teams in the league. Although i am a die hard eagles fan i hope they win it all, but I think the AFC teams whoever wins will beat either NFC team. GO EAGLES!

Since us Eagles fans get so much negative pub, I thought I'd pass along some positive news from the Green Bay Press Gazette:

It wasn’t all unhappy endings for Green Bay Packers fans Sunday. Lynn Podoski of Green Bay left Curly’s Pub at Lambeau Field a Packers fan sporting a Philadelphia Eagles jersey signed by her six new friends from Pennsylvania.“This is the most fun we ever had losing,” Podoski said. She spent the game sitting next to and making friendly wagers with George Downs and five others from near Philadelphia.Downs and his fellow Philly fans, members of a volunteer fire department, were in Northeastern Wisconsin to purchase fire equipment. What better place to watch the Eagles take on, and in the end defeat, the Packers than Lambeau Field?“Never did I expect I’d be sitting at Curly’s Pub next to an Eagles fan,” Podoski said. With the Packers out, she said she’ll be cheering for the Eagles throughout the rest of the postseason, but she did send Downs home with her Cheesehead, which he wore throughout the entire second half of the game. “They’re the nicest fans we ever met.”
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/news/a..._14128581.shtml

QUOTE (smokin018 @ Jan 12 2004, 04:29 PM) Every Eagle refused to lose. How do get run on all day but then have a goal line stand like that? ummm, have the running back trip over an offensive lineman maybe??
Do you really think Wahle intended to be 2 yds deep in the backfield? Or could it possible have been C. Simon pushing his #### back?? Can you say "incredible goal line stand"? :P

Great thread title, Woody. I've got Red and Meth in my head now, and I love it."Fly-Eagles-Fly","UP-UP to tha SKY" :thumbup:

The fix was in !!!! Just ask Pete Rose he knows what I am talking about ... ;) :P What do I really care, I'm a Raiders fan :bag: go AFC !!!

QUOTE (smokin018 @ Jan 12 2004, 04:29 PM) Every Eagle refused to lose. How do get run on all day but then have a goal line stand like that?  ummm, have the running back trip over an offensive lineman maybe??
Do you really think Wahle intended to be 2 yds deep in the backfield? Or could it possible have been C. Simon pushing his #### back?? Can you say "incredible goal line stand"? :P
can you say pulling guard? :P

QUOTE (smokin018 @ Jan 12 2004, 04:29 PM) Every Eagle refused to lose. How do get run on all day but then have a goal line stand like that?  ummm, have the running back trip over an offensive lineman maybe??
Yeah, the Eagles D line push had nothing to do with it... :wall: Bottom line, the boxcore shows a defensive stand. Pack lost. Next....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the goal line stand (frame by frame)....pulling guard my ###. Nice try.

Am I the only one that thinks a "fight song" for a Pro Team is gay?
:no:There was a thread about this, this week...I railed about how queer fight songs were, only to be told by an Eagles fan that the "loser Bucs" don't have one. :rotflmao: FLY!

:no:There was a thread about this, this week...I railed about how queer fight songs were, only to be told by an Eagles fan that the "loser Bucs" don't have one. :rotflmao: FLY!
I forget who the EAGLES stole their fight song from - a Philly fan told me earlier, but it escapes me at the moment. As for the E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES chant - that is SO blatantly stolen frmo the J-E-T-S jets jets jets it is pathetic.

the Eagles have had lady luck on their side all year...I believe that it has just struck midnight.  A real defense is coming to town.
Would that be the same defense that the Eagles dropped 25 on IN CAROLINA in Week 13. The same game where neither Bobby Taylor or Brian Dawkins were playing? :rolleyes:Now we get Carolina instead of the Rams, I couldn't be giddier.Cheers
yes, that would be the same defense that was playing on a short field most of the day thanks to offensive miscues and a couple of missed feild goals. The birds scoring drives averaged 47 yards. :shock: yes, that would be the same defense that shut down the birds 3 times in the red zone and held them to field goals. :shock: that would be the same defense that held McNabb (1 INT) to 182 yards passing and held the 3 headed rushing attack to 118 yards. :shock: you know what they say, be careful for what you wish for... :rolleyes: I would have been more comfortable watching McNabb picking apart Jason Sehorn..
true that.... :yes: another sad chapter for the steagles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang tough Eagle Brethren. It is better to have loved and lost, then to have never had the opportunity.We'll come back in 2004 - just like every other season. We'll be favored to win the division and a prohibitive favorite to get to the Superbowl. :ph34r:

We'll be favored to win the division and a prohibitive favorite to get to the Superbowl. :ph34r:
beagles prohibitive favorite to get to the super bowl next year?at least you've "stepped up" and taken your medicine. Mr. Wood, despite being one of the best (and most frequent) posters on the board, has not had his humble pie. I think his many fans are eager for his expert analysis of wtf happened sunday.

We'll come back in 2004 - just like every other season. We'll be favored to win the division and a prohibitive favorite to get to the Superbowl. :ph34r:
Not if Thrash & Pingston are starting... and that D needs someone to stop the run, though I definately think the Iggles will be competitive again next year. Be interesting to see what Dallas does in the offseason -- they could make it a nice race for the division.

at least you've "stepped up" and taken your medicine. Mr. Wood, despite being one of the best (and most frequent) posters on the board, has not had his humble pie. I think his many fans are eager for his expert analysis of wtf happened sunday.
I take it that you missed this thread?http://footballguys.net/forum/index.php?ac...f=2&t=65469&hl=
yes, I must've missed that thread. and we all missed woody this week - was it a gastric bypass or just sulking? either way, will you close your most classic post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread