What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

I have never witnessed someone take the beating that Soulfly has in this thread. And he's endured it for 160 pages. If he's posted 500 times, he's been dead wrong 450 of them. Yet, he still keeps up the fight. I don't know if I should be embarrassed for him or proud of the beating he is able to withstand.
Won't pay up on his bets.

Will disappear once the verdict comes down.

The social psychologists of the forum are just as bad as I.

Except you don't hear them admit that, ever.
So a few other people were wrong about a couple of things, too. I guess that's some consolation for you. If it makes you feel better, I'm leaning toward proud. Most people with this much egg on their face do run and hide. :thumbup:
I, along w many others were wrong about the suspension.

So what? So were many big named talking heads who thought he would receive a reduced suspension.

Only ONE person came out and apologized to me and gave me credit for following up on everything I said I would. The rest stayed quiet as I expected they would. That's life tho. It takes balls to come out and be wrong, and own up to it... This forum lacks a lot of balls.
Wow. Now the wronged victim card. Wish I could say I was surprised.

I have never witnessed someone take the beating that Soulfly has in this thread. And he's endured it for 160 pages. If he's posted 500 times, he's been dead wrong 450 of them. Yet, he still keeps up the fight. I don't know if I should be embarrassed for him or proud of the beating he is able to withstand.
Won't pay up on his bets.

Will disappear once the verdict comes down.

The social psychologists of the forum are just as bad as I.

Except you don't hear them admit that, ever.
So a few other people were wrong about a couple of things, too. I guess that's some consolation for you. If it makes you feel better, I'm leaning toward proud. Most people with this much egg on their face do run and hide. :thumbup:
I, along w many others were wrong about the suspension.

So what? So were many big named talking heads who thought he would receive a reduced suspension.

Only ONE person came out and apologized to me and gave me credit for following up on everything I said I would. The rest stayed quiet as I expected they would. That's life tho. It takes balls to come out and be wrong, and own up to it... This forum lacks a lot of balls.
Wow. Now the wronged victim card. Wish I could say I was surprised.
I am convinced Gordon is Soulfly.

Assuming after Sunday, if Gordon hasn't filed anything, it's 100% safe to drop him in re-draft? I mean, it's 99% safe now .. but there's always that chance.

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:
The article has been updated to say:

"Breer clarified that he never said anything about suspensions already on the books being lifted."

That being said, IF there is a new policy, AND it contains a higher threshold/less severe penalties for weed, that improves (IMO) Gordon's chances of avoiding further suspensions.

Obviously, he passed a number of tests, and he was just barely over the NFL's low threshold on his recent failure. He's either very good at beating the tests, or stays "mostly" clean. If he continues that behavior, under a new policy, the worries that some people (including myself) that he would be unable to avoid further suspension shouldn't be as great.
he has failed 6 tests in 4 years

that's like saying the cleveland browns are very good at winning superbowls
In the NFL, he's failed (AT MOST) 3 tests.

1 was for codeine. Another barely failed with a very low threshold that this article says could be raised in the near future.

IF (this is speculation, because we don't know if this is the case or not) he was placed in stage 1 when he entered the NFL (b/c of his drug test failures in college), then he has failed only 1 NFL drug test for weed, which wouldn't be a failure under the new protocols.

It's NOTHING like saying the Browns are very good at winning SuperBowls, but good attempt (I guess) at humor.

(HULK) said:
Rookie_Whisperer said:
(HULK) said:
Peyton Marino said:
OMG, not the angle I was expecting, but I'll take it. Guess I won't be cutting Gordon just yet
After reading the "article / speculation", the only currently suspended WR in the NFL this would possibly benefit is Wes Welker. Why do some people have such a hard time letting go and admitting they were wrong about the year-long suspension for Gordon? This is really getting very Tebow-esque in terms of the lengths guys will go to find anything to hang their hopes on....
It says they're potentially raising the threshold for positive marijuana tests. He barely failed, any raise in the threshold would mean his tests would be negative under the new policy. If its retroactive (which would make sense in terms of fairness), it would revoke his current suspension.
BUT IT WON'T BE RETROACTIVE!!!!!

The article has been edited to say that, and it has been posted in this thread.

He isn't playing this year, give it up!

I love how all the enforcers are worried sick about killing off all Gordon hopes.

Why can't YOU just move on and ignore the topic? Nobody is telling you to pick him up, some are just down to wait around and see what happens. Get over it.

I love how all the enforcers are worried sick about killing off all Gordon hopes.

Why can't YOU just move on and ignore the topic? Nobody is telling you to pick him up, some are just down to wait around and see what happens. Get over it.
Because there's a weird part of some ff experts where rationality and percentages must trump the day, always and every day, and that weird, unexplainable stuff is aberrant, generally non-existent, and therefore foul and somehow subversive to the mandates and expectations of the keepers of truth, themselves.

Or, simply: People dead set on percentages and deference to expertise don't like bad beats and unexplainable stuff that might mess up the program.

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

"Breer clarified that he never said anything about suspensions already on the books being lifted."

That being said, IF there is a new policy, AND it contains a higher threshold/less severe penalties for weed, that improves (IMO) Gordon's chances of avoiding further suspensions.

Obviously, he passed a number of tests, and he was just barely over the NFL's low threshold on his recent failure. He's either very good at beating the tests, or stays "mostly" clean. If he continues that behavior, under a new policy, the worries that some people (including myself) that he would be unable to avoid further suspension shouldn't be as great.

1 was for codeine. Another barely failed with a very low threshold that this article says could be raised in the near future.

IF (this is speculation, because we don't know if this is the case or not) he was placed in stage 1 when he entered the NFL (b/c of his drug test failures in college), then he has failed only 1 NFL drug test for weed, which wouldn't be a failure under the new protocols.

It's NOTHING like saying the Browns are very good at winning SuperBowls, but good attempt (I guess) at humor.
if if if

6 tests

4 years

he's not good at passing drug tests, in fact find me anyone in the nfl worse at it

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

germany almost won 2 world wars, guess they are pretty good at them

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

if if if

6 tests

4 years

he's not good at passing drug tests, in fact find me anyone in the nfl worse at it

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

WTF??????

If you are taking a test where you need a 70% to pass, and you get a 69%, you fail. If you take it again 70 times, and you get a 69% every time, you still fail. If the instructor changes the passing grade to a 60%, and you take it again, odds are you will get a 69%, which would now be passing.

That is a much better analogy than your ridiculous Browns/SB statement & Germany/World War statement. You are trying to apply new facts to past events. I'm applying new facts to future events. Two different things.

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

if if if

6 tests

4 years

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

WTF??????

If you are taking a test where you need a 70% to pass, and you get a 69%, you fail. If you take it again 70 times, and you get a 69% every time, you still fail. If the instructor changes the passing grade to a 60%, and you take it again, odds are you will get a 69%, which would now be passing.

That is a much better analogy than your ridiculous Browns/SB statement & Germany/World War statement. You are trying to apply new facts to past events. I'm applying new facts to future events. Two different things.
no

you are trying to apply new facts

here are the facts

6 tests failed in 4 years

and you say he is very good at beating the tests or stays clean

you cannot see how ridiculous that is?

he had to leave two different college programs, and now has been supsended a year in the nfl and you say he is either good at beating the tests or is staying clean

what would make him BAD at beating the tests?

18 failed tests?

30?

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

if if if

6 tests

4 years

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

WTF??????

no

here are the facts

he had to leave two different college programs, and now has been supsended a year in the nfl and you say he is either good at beating the tests or is staying clean

18 failed tests?

30?
Apparently you misinterpreted what I posted. Since I was referring to Gordon being able to PLAY IN THE NFL, and since we were discussing a possible NEW NFL POLICY, I thought it would be understood that I was referring to Gordon's ability to pass/beat NFL DRUG TESTS. Obvious, he won't be able to go back and play in the NCAA again.

He's passed, according to all reports over 70 NFL DRUG TESTS. He's failed one, maybe two NFL DRUG TESTS for weed. One of those failed NFL DRUG TESTS was barely a fail, under a very low threshold that may be heightened. So Gordon has passed, by all reports at least 70/71 (or 72) NFL DRUG TESTS.

So, yes, that seems to make him very good at beating/passing NFL DRUG TESTS. If the policy were made less stringent, I would assume he would be even better at beating/passing NFL DRUG TESTS.

In case it still isn't clear to you, I'm referring to Josh Gordon's taking and passing NFL DRUG TESTS.

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

he has failed 6 tests in 4 yearsthat's like saying the cleveland browns are very good at winning superbowls
In the NFL, he's failed (AT MOST) 3 tests.1 was for codeine. Another barely failed with a very low threshold that this article says could be raised in the near future.

if if if6 tests

4 years

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

WTF??????If you are taking a test where you need a 70% to pass, and you get a 69%, you fail. If you take it again 70 times, and you get a 69% every time, you still fail. If the instructor changes the passing grade to a 60%, and you take it again, odds are you will get a 69%, which would now be passing.

no

here are the facts

18 failed tests?

30?
Apparently you misinterpreted what I posted. Since I was referring to Gordon being able to PLAY IN THE NFL, and since we were discussing a possible NEW NFL POLICY, I thought it would be understood that I was referring to Gordon's ability to pass/beat NFL DRUG TESTS. Obvious, he won't be able to go back and play in the NCAA again.He's passed, according to all reports over 70 NFL DRUG TESTS. He's failed one, maybe two NFL DRUG TESTS for weed. One of those failed NFL DRUG TESTS was barely a fail, under a very low threshold that may be heightened. So Gordon has passed, by all reports at least 70/71 (or 72) NFL DRUG TESTS.

So, yes, that seems to make him very good at beating/passing NFL DRUG TESTS. If the policy were made less stringent, I would assume he would be even better at beating/passing NFL DRUG TESTS.

In case it still isn't clear to you, I'm referring to Josh Gordon's taking and passing NFL DRUG TESTS.
History is the best predictor of future results. Over 3000 NFL players tested in 2014. Gordon is in elite company of just three players (<.001%) who have been suspended indefinitely or for the year. Among this elite group, only Gordon was kicked off his college football team for failed drug tests. Twice.Doesn't matter what threshold the NFL uses. They can't beat Josh Gordon at this game. He's way too good and consistent at his craft.

Last edited by a moderator:
B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

if if if

6 tests

4 years

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

WTF??????

no

here are the facts

18 failed tests?

30?
Apparently you misinterpreted what I posted. Since I was referring to Gordon being able to PLAY IN THE NFL, and since we were discussing a possible NEW NFL POLICY, I thought it would be understood that I was referring to Gordon's ability to pass/beat NFL DRUG TESTS. Obvious, he won't be able to go back and play in the NCAA again.

He's passed, according to all reports over 70 NFL DRUG TESTS. He's failed one, maybe two NFL DRUG TESTS for weed. One of those failed NFL DRUG TESTS was barely a fail, under a very low threshold that may be heightened. So Gordon has passed, by all reports at least 70/71 (or 72) NFL DRUG TESTS.

if i drive my car 70 times without wrecking, and wreck 6 times, would you say i was good at driving my car? i did not wreck 70 times!!!!!!!

he has failed 6 tests in 4 years, you average nfl or ncaa player fails 0

he sucks at drug tests, if he did not he'd likely be playing this season

Limp Ditka said:
Captain Quinoa said:
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 36m

#Browns WR Josh Gordon has a new job. He will be the goodwill ambassador for the Sarchione Auto group in (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1s82j76
I'm going to assume that the Sarchione Auto Group doesn't have a drug testing policy.
Is the Sarchione group the latest shell company for Ashley Schaeffer BMW//Hyundai ?
Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the news.

Josh Gordon is the new Kenny Powers.

I could see the conversation going a little something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Nso2SxtR0

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

if if if

6 tests

4 years

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

WTF??????

no

here are the facts

18 failed tests?

30?

if i drive my car 70 times without wrecking, and wreck 6 times, would you say i was good at driving my car? i did not wreck 70 times!!!!!!!

he has failed 6 tests in 4 years, you average nfl or ncaa player fails 0

If you drove your car 70 times, and got a scratch on your door (since a wreck would indicate a very major accident, not failing a drug test with an extremely low threshold by 1 nanogram/milliliter) in a parking lot, would you be good at driving your car? Yes.

Because he failed 1 NFL TEST (that we know of). As for your ability to ride your bicycle (the equivalent using your analogy of failing a college test), I'd say, no, you aren't very good at that.

Congrats to those that went out on a limb and predicted Gordon would be suspended for the entire season! YOU WIN!!!!
We all win when common sense and logic put fools to the sword.
God, does that philosophical outlook ever make life fun. I can't think of anything better to rally around than expert consensus and tautologies. Yeeha!
When you're seeking news, expert consensus and tautology wins out over trolling and fantasy. May not be much fun, but who wins with the nonsense?

If you drove your car 70 times, and got a scratch on your door (since a wreck would indicate a very major accident, not failing a drug test with an extremely low threshold by 1 nanogram/milliliter) in a parking lot, would you be good at driving your car? Yes.
To make this more applicable to Gordon's situation, we'd have to say that the roads were a bit winding, the brakes were in good working order, weather was just okay, he had two passengers in his car most of the time, there was a detour on his main route, the air pressure in his tires was adequate, pedestrian traffic was moderate, and he was really freaking drunk.

In that case, under the circumstances, I'd say he was an okay driver.

B-Deep said:
Bayhawks said:

he has failed 6 tests in 4 yearsthat's like saying the cleveland browns are very good at winning superbowls
In the NFL, he's failed (AT MOST) 3 tests.1 was for codeine. Another barely failed with a very low threshold that this article says could be raised in the near future.

if if if6 tests

4 years

almost fails are fails

coedine is a fail

WTF??????If you are taking a test where you need a 70% to pass, and you get a 69%, you fail. If you take it again 70 times, and you get a 69% every time, you still fail. If the instructor changes the passing grade to a 60%, and you take it again, odds are you will get a 69%, which would now be passing.

no

here are the facts

18 failed tests?

30?
Apparently you misinterpreted what I posted. Since I was referring to Gordon being able to PLAY IN THE NFL, and since we were discussing a possible NEW NFL POLICY, I thought it would be understood that I was referring to Gordon's ability to pass/beat NFL DRUG TESTS. Obvious, he won't be able to go back and play in the NCAA again.He's passed, according to all reports over 70 NFL DRUG TESTS. He's failed one, maybe two NFL DRUG TESTS for weed. One of those failed NFL DRUG TESTS was barely a fail, under a very low threshold that may be heightened. So Gordon has passed, by all reports at least 70/71 (or 72) NFL DRUG TESTS.

if i drive my car 70 times without wrecking, and wreck 6 times, would you say i was good at driving my car? i did not wreck 70 times!!!!!!!he has failed 6 tests in 4 years, you average nfl or ncaa player fails 0

Did someone hit you?

Not good news for Gordonites. Now even if he gets a miracle injunction from his fantasy lawsuit, he has to give two weeks notice at a car dealership before coming back.
Well if he doesn't put that place on his resume, he could probably tell everyone to F off there, except for a person or two, and leave right after.

Congrats to those that went out on a limb and predicted Gordon would be suspended for the entire season! YOU WIN!!!!
We all win when common sense and logic put fools to the sword.
God, does that philosophical outlook ever make life fun. I can't think of anything better to rally around than expert consensus and tautologies. Yeeha!
When you're seeking news, expert consensus and tautology wins out over trolling and fantasy. May not be much fun, but who wins with the nonsense?
I get your point. The guy that people kept citing to about the legal aspects of the case seems to have turned out to be dead wrong, and his analysis helped absolutely nobody in their fantasy drafts. OTOH, it's the almost killjoy-esque glee (aside from the lawyers in the thread -- I'm thinking Henry, MT, and possibly Bayhawks -- who were just trying to give free expertise for our benefit) that I think Bucky and others like me have been sensing. And if you went just a little bit out on a limb and drafted him just a wee bit earlier than you should have (ahem -- did I do that?) then you'd love that lottery ticket coming to fruition, that's for sure.

FF is supposed to be fun, too, and the unpredictability of stuff like this, where we really don't know what's going on, or how a particular situation is going to suss out, is part of what makes it enjoyable. If you're a high-stakes guy, not so much. If you're a casual like me, then that's part of the joy of it.

But ever since the lawyers started posting, I haven't been a confident Gordonite at all, just sorta hopin'. It's costing me a crappy streaming defense option that was going to be crappy regardless, so I'm not complaining.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, kind of left the thread after the ruling.

Report just now on the TNF pregame show that if the NFL comes to an agreement of reducing drug infractions prior to Sunday, which is possible. Both Gordon and Welker's suspensions could not only be reduced but completely removed?

WTF NFL Network now reporting that new drug policies could be done that would reduce of eliminate Gordon and Welkers suspensions!

NBC just reported that with newly updated drug policy currently being negotiated, Welker's and Gordon's suspensions could be reduced if not eliminated.

Report just now on the TNF pregame show that if the NFL comes to an agreement of reducing drug infractions prior to Sunday, which is possible. Both Gordon and Welker's suspensions could not only be reduced but completely removed?
Yeah caught the tail end of that. What did I miss that doesn't seem right?

Just heard that too, call BS or run and get Gordon off waivers?

NBC just reported that with newly updated drug policy currently being negotiated, Welker's and Gordon's suspensions could be reduced if not eliminated.
:tinfoilhat:

Get those tin foil hats back out fellas.... THIS TRAINS BACK ON THE TRACKS!

What the hell do we do now?

Just heard that too, call BS or run and get Gordon off waivers?
I picked him up in one league and then came here.

What the hell do we do now?
I think you have to hold him for a week or two if you can...

Something, non-Gordon related... what would this mean for Justin Blackmon and Daryl Washington? I'm assuming Washington could also be effected but what about Blackmon, he's already indefinitely suspended, would he just be offered reinstatement?

Users who are viewing this thread