What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (14 Viewers)

I just think it's going to be hilarious if Gordon plays soon and is just awful all year or gets hurt his first game back.
I'm starting to think about whether or not to trade him or hold onto him if he does get reinstated within the next 7-14 days.(and before he plays his first game).

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Gordon says that Cliffside in Malibu, CA made their diagnosis. They said "I wasn't addicted to anything. Didn't have any drug problem."

So after he is reinstated (if it occurs), how long until he breaks the new rule? Hopefully, we can get a year out of him as he definitely doesnt seem to be owning up to it.

So after he is reinstated (if it occurs), how long until he breaks the new rule? Hopefully, we can get a year out of him as he definitely doesnt seem to be owning up to it.
There's a little matter of that DUI too.
Aren't we still waiting for Marshawn Lynch's DUI case to be heard?
Yes, but what the owners want to include in the new policy is the ability to discipline players before the criminal justice system runs its course.

That's one of the things that the owners and players seem pretty far apart on -- along with the appeals process for HGH violations -- which makes me skeptical that a new policy will be agreed on anytime soon.

Yes, but what the owners want to include in the new policy is the ability to discipline players before the criminal justice system runs its course.

That's one of the things that the owners and players seem pretty far apart on -- along with the appeals process for HGH violations -- which makes me skeptical that a new policy will be agreed on anytime soon.
There was a quote in here somewhere which said the NFL has backed off that stance

There is big positive movement -- At least for the time being, NFL has dropped its request for discipline upon DUI arrests, w/o due process.
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/509763170022719488

The craziest part of this whole conversation is the report that if they dont figure this out by next Tuesday they are wiling to say F it wait for next year? seems arbitrary

nobody cares, but im following this thread because i have a deal on the table in my auction redraft keep 2 for 2015 only that gets me dez and gordon ($1) for my calvin... so i may be hitting refresh more often than any of you

Again, I think the $$$ question here is... Does the NFL want Josh Gordon to play in 2014? I think they do.
Were ratings down in Week 1 without him on the field? I'm not sure what is going to happen, but I doubt they care what happens with one player either way.
Im sure they were in Cleveland...you have 2 star players and one is banned for the year?! Yep...not watching if I lived there.
You're sure ratings were down in Cleveland? You don't watch your favorite team when one of their star players are injured?

The craziest part of this whole conversation is the report that if they dont figure this out by next Tuesday they are wiling to say F it wait for next year? seems arbitrary

nobody cares, but im following this thread because i have a deal on the table in my auction redraft keep 2 for 2015 only that gets me dez and gordon ($1) for my calvin... so i may be hitting refresh more often than any of you
Don't talk like that. We're all riveted.

On the issue of the appeals process for HGH violations, I had understood this to be THE stumbling block why there was nothing in place as far back as a couple years ago.

The fact a policy may be as far as getting to a vote in the near future suggests to me that some substantial movement has been made on the issue or we wouldn't be nearly as far along as we appear to be. We just haven't been made privvy as to what that movement may be. That's my read.

So skipping the 184 pages to get to this point, the outlook for Gordon spans from potentially suiting up and being on the field this weekend . . . all the way to having to beg and plead for reinstatement in 2015 with no guarantees of that either. Glad to see that things are becoming better focused and cleared up.

Chris Mortensen on NFL Insiders: He feels there's a 100% probability that the players currently suspended will be reinstated, including Gordon and Welker.

IM ABOUT TO CLIMAX

Chris Mortensen on NFL Insiders: He feels there's a 100% probability that the players currently suspended will be reinstated, including Gordon and Welker.

IM ABOUT TO CLIMAX
Same Mort that said 48 hours ago Gordon would be reinstated.....with an 8-10 game suspension.

IM ABOUT TO CLIMAX
Same Mort that said 48 hours ago Gordon would be reinstated.....with an 8-10 game suspension.
was morts comments vague enough that he didnt necesarily mean immediately? i.e. gordon gets reinstated 2015 and mort isnt techically wrong? not good to see he is kind of contradicting himself from 2 days ago

No. He pled down to reckless driving ("wet reckless") earlier this offseason. But he did play two full NFL seasons first.

So, does the whole "NFL knew about the Rice tape" and the heat that will come with it just throw a monkey wrench in the machine here?

Hard to see how it couldn't.

So, does the whole "NFL knew about the Rice tape" and the heat that will come with it just throw a monkey wrench in the machine here?

or it could accelerate their desire to get it done so they can get a positive story out to combat the rice story....

or it could accelerate their desire to get it done so they can get a positive story out to combat the rice story....
I don't know if that helps or hurts the NFL in the court of public opinion. Could be read as "well, they're just trying to save Roger via Hail Mary on recreational drug policy revision."

Regardless, I have to think the Rice tape fiasco will have an effect here on Gordon et al.

I guess it depends if the NFL thinks that public opinion is "who cares what drugs these guys take, I want to see them play!" OR "first the NFL let Ray Rice off easy and now they want to rig the system so that drug users get no punishment???".

Bottom line is Goodell/shield needs some positive PR right now. Not sure which end game they think would be perceived as positive.

Not every person in US would see the league changing its rules (and fixing punishment retroactively) so a couple star players could get airtime as a positive.

I guess it depends if the NFL thinks that public opinion is "who cares what drugs these guys take, I want to see them play!" OR "first the NFL let Ray Rice off easy and now they want to rig the system so that drug users get no punishment???".

Bottom line is Goodell/shield needs some positive PR right now. Not sure which end game they think would be perceived as positive.
How does it give them positive PR to allow a bunch of drug users to come back without any punishment?

Those people who want the players back are going to keep watching regardless of what happens to Gordon and all.

IM ABOUT TO CLIMAX
I've been getting fantasy info and entertainment from the shark pool for over 10 years, this ####### thread is up there in terms of lol comedy.

Things were moving forward. Any major disruption can only have a negative effect.
I agree - not sure the owners like having to deal with multiple key issues at one time like this, when both deserve the undivided attention of the commissioner's office and owners.

Rappaport conspicuously did NOT include Gordon when discussing players who could be back this weekend when reporting on NFLN. ETA: This is because their suspensions are amphetamine related. Did include Gordon though in possible reduction.

Vote tomorrow or Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread