What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (11 Viewers)

"@GeorgeAtallah: For clarity and accuracy on the negotiations for new drug policies, some important information to follow:"

George AtallahVerified account@GeorgeAtallah

.@jwalt2112 @TonyGrossi @ericwinston do either of you know the details of his situation? Or of what we are trying to negotiate? Ok then.

George AtallahVerified account @GeorgeAtallah 1hhttps://twitter.com/GeorgeAtallah/status/510492088451207169

@ericzstacey @jwalt2112 @TonyGrossi @ericwinston proud of the work we have done for players' rights. Good luck in your fantasty football
:excited:

I guarantee the players vote this down if it doesn't free Josh.
Even BAL/PIT/CIN players? ;)
Yes, any of them could be sitting next to someone lighting up without their knowledge and they could find themselves or their teammates in the same situation as the unfortunate Josh.
little tip

you can smell weed...there are no surprise contact highs

unless you were completely unaware of what you were smelling, which is not an issue for josh

4. A two-game suspension will be issued upon conviction for driving under the influence. However, there will be no action taken after a DUI arrest, as the NFL initially had proposed.

does that mean the steelers popped for this would get 2 games?

Members here w Twitter should tweet Gordon links to this thread...

He should totally send me a signed jersey for my love, dedication and efforts. :lol

4. A two-game suspension will be issued upon conviction for driving under the influence. However, there will be no action taken after a DUI arrest, as the NFL initially had proposed.

If convicted yes

The final revision has more changes. Item #2, we all heard the magic number 50 ng/ml. This is now at 35 ng/ml. More changes everywhere. This is why the Wednesday vote never took place. They had to negotiate. Josh Gordon falls under item #3. Either way, the final revision, if voted today will enable him for a full reinstatement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/revised-drug-policy-will-have-various-new-features/related/

"1. An independent arbitrator will hear appeals for under both the substance-abuse policy and the PED policy. The NFL and NFLPA will jointly select, approve, and pay for a pool of three-to-five arbitrators.

2. The threshold for a positive test for marijuana will increase to 35 ng/ml. The prior limit was 15 ng/ml; the Olympic standard is 150 ng/ml. Also, the policy will have additional steps for players who test positive for the substance, before an initial suspension.

3. All players who tested positive or who were otherwise disciplined or placed into the drug or PED program will have retroactivity, with the new rules being reapplied as of March 11, 2014.

5. Amphetamines taken without a Therapeutic Use Exemption during the offseason will be evaluated under the substance-abuse policy. During the season, a positive test without a TUE will continue to be a violation of the PED policy.

6. Testing for hGH will occur in the 2014 season. There will be no population study, but the players will have the ability to challenge the science during the appeal process. No blood samples will be collected on game days.

7. Independent investigators will be retained to review cases of breached confidentiality. Any employers of the league, the teams, the union, players, and agents found to be in violation of the confidentiality provision will face fines of up to $500,000, termination of employment, or other discipline."
If I'm reading this correctly and Welker tested positive after the new rules effective date of March 11, 2014 then wouldn't he still be suspended?

George Atallah@GeorgeAtallah 12m

To recap: If term sheet is voted on by players, NFLPA negotiators authorized to finalize full policies with NFL as soon as possible.
Does that mean players would still have to wait for full policies to be finalized before getting reinstated or would that take place immediately after the vote?
I am guessing the policies being finalized would happen at breakneck speed.

The final revision has more changes. Item #2, we all heard the magic number 50 ng/ml. This is now at 35 ng/ml. More changes everywhere. This is why the Wednesday vote never took place. They had to negotiate. Josh Gordon falls under item #3. Either way, the final revision, if voted today will enable him for a full reinstatement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/revised-drug-policy-will-have-various-new-features/related/

"1. An independent arbitrator will hear appeals for under both the substance-abuse policy and the PED policy. The NFL and NFLPA will jointly select, approve, and pay for a pool of three-to-five arbitrators.

2. The threshold for a positive test for marijuana will increase to 35 ng/ml. The prior limit was 15 ng/ml; the Olympic standard is 150 ng/ml. Also, the policy will have additional steps for players who test positive for the substance, before an initial suspension.

3. All players who tested positive or who were otherwise disciplined or placed into the drug or PED program will have retroactivity, with the new rules being reapplied as of March 11, 2014.

5. Amphetamines taken without a Therapeutic Use Exemption during the offseason will be evaluated under the substance-abuse policy. During the season, a positive test without a TUE will continue to be a violation of the PED policy.

6. Testing for hGH will occur in the 2014 season. There will be no population study, but the players will have the ability to challenge the science during the appeal process. No blood samples will be collected on game days.

7. Independent investigators will be retained to review cases of breached confidentiality. Any employers of the league, the teams, the union, players, and agents found to be in violation of the confidentiality provision will face fines of up to $500,000, termination of employment, or other discipline."
If I'm reading this correctly and Welker tested positive after the new rules effective date of March 11, 2014 then wouldn't he still be suspended?
he was punished after march 14

Josh Gordon’s status still unclear under new policyPosted by Mike Florio on September 12, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
With the NFLPA closing in on a new drug policy and Browns receiver Josh Gordon for the year, Browns fans and fantasy owners are waiting impatiently for word on whether the #FreeJoshGordon concept will become a reality.

Per multiple sources, it’s still not clear when Gordon will return.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported on Sunday that Gordon will miss eight-to-10 games. Earlier today, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that Gordon will miss eight.

On the surface, the new rules suggest Gordon shouldn’t be suspended at all. He tested at 16 ng/ml, one over the old limit of 15 ng/ml. With the limit increasing to 35 ng/ml, Gordon in theory should have his ban released completely.

One source tells PFT that Gordon’s suspension won’t be zero, due to other factors. Possibly complicating matters is that the positive triggering the one-year suspension occurred on March 5, six days before the date on which the league year began.

Gordon will now have a separate problem under the new substance-abuse policy, given the increased penalties for a first-offense DUI. Upon conviction, Gordon will be facing a two-game suspension.

But he could be months from conviction, which means that the suspension probably wouldn’t apply until the 2015 season. The bigger question for now is how the new policy will apply to Gordon’s current circumstances, and when he’ll be able to return to action.

Last edited by a moderator:

if convicted...

New rules

2. The threshold for a positive test for marijuana will increase to 35 ng/ml. The prior limit was 15 ng/ml. Also, the policy will have additional steps for players who test positive for the substance, before an initial suspension.

He was not disciplined until April.
He tested positive in December 2013.

The sentence is confusing for Josh Gordon's case.
OR
"Otherwise."

I think he intends to include Gordon there, but the writing is inexcusably ambiguous.

Bazinga! said:
Soulfly3 said:
I legit have no hard feelings for anyone in this thread except for one obvious person.

Love all you guys. Whether you were w me or against me. That's what forums are for. This is such a great escape from worklife
Hehateme?
shockingly, it isnt you Im referring to.

Anyone watching ESPN right now? Folks on twitter are saying that Clayton said Gordon is still expected to be suspended for 8-10 games.

B-Deep said:
bjabrad said:
steelwind said:

he was punished after march 14
Thanks. I also just found this:

Wes Welker clears concussion protocol, awaits new drug dealPosted by Darin Gantt on September 12, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
welker4.jpg
APAs progress toward a new drug deal continues (that would sound bad, except this week), several players currently on suspensions are waiting anxiously.

And in one instance, it could mean a quick return to the field.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Broncos receiver Wes Welker has been cleared under the league’s concussion protocol.

That means, if a deal is reached and agreed to today, and if he’s reinstated, and if the Broncos activate him, he could potentially play this week.

That’s a lot of ifs.

But Welker is among the group of players who could have a suspension reduced or eliminated under a new deal.

As Florio noted earlier this afternoon, positive test for amphetamines during the offseason would be subject to the substance abuse program rather than the PED program, which doesn’t allow for four-game suspensions for first offenses.

So Welker’s Molly use at the Kentucky Derby would get him into the substance abuse program, where it takes multiple tests to trigger a suspension.

Anyone watching ESPN right now? Folks on twitter are saying that Clayton said Gordon is still expected to be suspended for 8-10 games.
Im not saying this is not possible. It definitely is...

But Jay Feely is MORE plugged in than any of the fatheaded shmucks laying words down on twitter and espn.

HE IS PART OF THE NEGOTIATING TEAM/Executive Committee

By his own words... Gordon is gonna be getting off clean

So... I dont know. We'll see, I guess

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 58s

#Browns Gordon will have his suspension reduced from season-long to 10 games because of the stage he was in: 4th violation equals 10 games.
But........ his test result wasnt a violation under this policy

How does this make any sense, whatsoever?
It's possible that the only retroactive portion is the punishment, not the testing level. And we don't actually know what his testing level was, anyway do we? Just what he said?

Recent Gordon Owner here.....so I spent the beginning of this offseason praying that this guy could stay clean. I thought "he just finished the season as the leading WR in the league, he knows the sky is the limit on stardom and $$$, there's no way he will screw this up right?". Wrong. I held on to him (dynasty) hoping that he would win his appeal and then when that disappeared held on to him hoping he would file a suit and get an injunction and then when that disappeared and this policy change came up (possibly the reason no suit was filed) I held on to him hoping it would happen quickly and he'd be back....then one day I had an epiphany. This guy came out of last season with the world by the tail and all he had to do is not screw it up and he just couldn't do it. He's been in that situation since HS and he's never been able to not screw it up. I took the trade offer I had for him because I just don't see a scenario where he returns to the league AND ALSO stays out of trouble. Everyone is focusing so much on whether he returns or not that what's lost in the shuffle is the fact that the guy can't stay straight.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 58s

#Browns Gordon will have his suspension reduced from season-long to 10 games because of the stage he was in: 4th violation equals 10 games.
But........ his test result wasnt a violation under this policy

How does this make any sense, whatsoever?
I would assume this still gets worked out during tonight's final vote. . . . . But I've watched enough House Of Cards to know that they wont move forward with a vote without having SOME kinda of idea.

Users who are viewing this thread