What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (13 Viewers)

Has he been practicing with the team? Or just using the facilities to work out? I didn't think suspended players could practice, but I could be wrong.

If he's not practicing yet, I would temper expectations for week 12. That said, he'll still be in my lineup.

Can we get somebody in here to tell us he is going to get busted for weed or will never play another down until he gets checked into rehab? Just not the same without the haters in here. Kinda miss those guys. The day of reckoning is upon Gordon owners. Your patience has paid off. Prepare to unleash your WR1 weeks 12-16!!!

oh the irony

In my main Dynasty league I play the owner with J Gordon in week 12....not that it matters much. I have the best record in the league and a 3 game lead over him with 3 weeks to play...but it is ironic
That sound you are hearing, is the footsteps!

:football:

Has he been practicing with the team? Or just using the facilities to work out? I didn't think suspended players could practice, but I could be wrong.

If he's not practicing yet, I would temper expectations for week 12. That said, he'll still be in my lineup.
He has been allowed to attend team meetings and to use the facility. He also got a full training camp in. He will be just fine.

oh the irony

In my main Dynasty league I play the owner with J Gordon in week 12....not that it matters much. I have the best record in the league and a 3 game lead over him with 3 weeks to play...but it is ironic
No, it'll be ironic when you face the same owner in the playoffs and Gordon goes for 150 and 2 on your ###.

Who here besides me has every intention of using him this season and then trading him for a boatload of something this offseason? I'm kind of playing him like he's a redraft guy. I don't want to hold him long term. Too volatile. But I'm in the window now and I think he's going to push me over the top.

Who here besides me has every intention of using him this season and then trading him for a boatload of something this offseason? I'm kind of playing him like he's a redraft guy. I don't want to hold him long term. Too volatile. But I'm in the window now and I think he's going to push me over the top.
While I'm not a dynasty guy, I think moving simply puts you in the position of cheering for him to fail for the trade to be worth it and that is just bad mojo.

I might have to take that approach. I will only be able to keep six and I have a lot of other guys I really like...

Haven't decided, but I'm definitely considering moving him. His history has to be considered and whether he can change whatever ways have led to the repeated violations that can keep him off the field.

oh the irony

No, it'll be ironic when you face the same owner in the playoffs and Gordon goes for 150 and 2 on your ###.
Not going to happen...his owner like so many other Gordon owners, won't make the playoffs
Damn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

My stance is clear. Always has been. 4-6 games.

I can acknowledge that a year is possible, and still take a stance.

Joe hates me pointing this out, but I made a monetary bet w Concept Coop regarding suspension length, and offered another 2 posters a "lifetime ban bet", both of which didn't accept it.

So yes, I am taking a side, and sticking to it, 100%. and proving that
Bumping for the king.

oh the irony

Not going to happen...his owner like so many other Gordon owners, won't make the playoffs
No reason a redraft owner should be impaired by owning JG unless you have really short benches.

Was curious to see how Gordon owners were fairing in various FBG quality leagues.

In the Survivor leagues (sans the winter drafts) 2 of 5 Gordon owners still in the race. Went undrafted in one league. Overall better than I expected.

In the IBL 2 of 8 Gordon owners would make the playoffs as of today, but aren't locks. Interesting both have A. Brown and will have to survive his bye week. 1 on the outside looking in. 3 around .500 and virtually eliminated. 2 residing in the basement. What is interesting is that all the Gordon owners doing well are loaded at WR and will have to make a trade in the next two weeks to maximize his value. I do wish I had acquired him in these leagues, but I would be in the same boat as my WR picks hit and my 5-8 round picks for the most part have been jettisoned (non-WRs).

I realize it's a small sample size, but the good Gordon rosters I'm seeing have a bunch of Brown, Hilton, Bryant, Cobb, Sanders. They also tended to use an early pick on a stud TE, are weak at QB, and have been playing the ww for RB.

oh the irony

No reason a redraft owner should be impaired by owning JG unless you have really short benches.
He cost a 5th to 9th in the numerous quality leagues I was in. There was a window where he plummeted below that, but it was pretty small. Pretty much every league had someone willing to pull the trigger early enough due to the potential huge return. In the beginning of the year when we all think we know everything and think that our mid round picks will perform like low end WR/RB 1s, it's hard to resist an upside pick. When those don't pan out or you get stuck with an AP suddenly that roster spot becomes much more valuable.

Was curious to see how Gordon owners were fairing in various FBG quality leagues.

In the Survivor leagues (sans the winter drafts) 2 of 5 Gordon owners still in the race. Went undrafted in one league. Overall better than I expected.

In the IBL 2 of 8 Gordon owners would make the playoffs as of today, but aren't locks. Interesting both have A. Brown and will have to survive his bye week. 1 on the outside looking in. 3 around .500 and virtually eliminated. 2 residing in the basement. What is interesting is that all the Gordon owners doing well are loaded at WR and will have to make a trade in the next two weeks to maximize his value. I do wish I had acquired him in these leagues, but I would be in the same boat as my WR picks hit and my 5-8 round picks for the most part have been jettisoned (non-WRs).

I realize it's a small sample size, but the good Gordon rosters I'm seeing have a bunch of Brown, Hilton, Bryant, Cobb, Sanders. They also tended to use an early pick on a stud TE, are weak at QB, and have been playing the ww for RB.
In my leagues with FBGs

12 teamer - 7-3 (my team)

14 teamer - 8-2 (my team)

14 teamer - 6-4 (someone else, had AP)

Haven't decided, but I'm definitely considering moving him. His history has to be considered and whether he can change whatever ways have led to the repeated violations that can keep him off the field.
Its called raising the limit on testing positive for weed. If you remember he wouldnt have even tested positive under the current rules.

If you read into the test and the limits the NFL used to have compared to now I really do believe it could be second hand smoke which is highly unlikely to show up on the new tests. Do your own research though I personally feel that it is something of the past with him getting nailed with a suspension, but you can always be wrong?

Joe hates me pointing this out, but I made a monetary bet w Concept Coop regarding suspension length, and offered another 2 posters a "lifetime ban bet", both of which didn't accept it.

Bumping for the king.
:hifive:

was off by 4 games.... but still "right" in the grand scheme of this thread.

sad that so many of the opposition 'disappeared' ....

Bumping for the king.

or 6 games. Even if we split the difference and settle at 5, you were 2x off. Based on a 16 week ff season, those predicting a year were "right" in the grand scheme of things.

Bumping for the king.

or 6 games. Even if we split the difference and settle at 5, you were 2x off. Based on a 16 week ff season, those predicting a year were "right" in the grand scheme of things.
We'll see about that next week when he plays after many stated he was done in the NFL.

Bumping for the king.

getting 5 or 6 games of Gordon (depending on league setup) is in a completely different universe than ZERO.

Which was the tone of the battle. I took a stance of 4-6 games - and was wrong. But I vowed he'd play this season... and he is.

others, there was zero doubt... he was gone for the year.

BassNBrew said:
Soulfly3 said:
BassNBrew said:

Bumping for the king.

You may have a point in total points leagues, but in playoff leagues it's all about PPG and I'm about to insert last year's #1 PPG WR into my lineup as my WR3 for the most important part of this season. And I have to thank SF3 for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would you take straight up for Josh Gordon right now (receivers)

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Demaryus Thomas

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Who else? It's a pretty short list.

Emmanuel Sanders?

Golden Tate?

Brandon Marshall?

Julio?

Cobb?

Maclin?

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Demaryus Thomas

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Emmanuel Sanders?

Golden Tate?

Brandon Marshall?

Julio?

Cobb?

Maclin?
woudl take everyone but maybe tate and marshall

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Demaryus Thomas

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Emmanuel Sanders?

Golden Tate?

Brandon Marshall?

Julio?

Cobb?

Maclin?
Even so you have him going in as the no. 10 WR right at the beginning, and Julio with that couch fire he's playing in and Maclin with his new QB are looking shakier than you may realize.

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Demaryus Thomas

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Emmanuel Sanders?

Golden Tate?

Brandon Marshall?

Julio?

Cobb?

Maclin?
Obviously, a Non-owner.

My condolences.
I'm an owner and I would take the ones in bold for a trade straight up right now.

Bumping for the king.

clown act....I am not going to even waste my time pointing out the NUMEROUS times you were wrong in this thread
like when you said he wont play?

and i said he will play?

and he's going to play in a week and half. :lol:

nothing else matters

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Demaryus Thomas

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Emmanuel Sanders?

Golden Tate?

Brandon Marshall?

Julio?

Cobb?

Maclin?
Obviously, a Non-owner.

My condolences.
I'm an owner and I would take the ones in bold for a trade straight up right now.
who wouldn't.

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Demaryus Thomas

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

Emmanuel Sanders?

Golden Tate?

Brandon Marshall?

Julio?Cobb?

Maclin?
Obviously, a Non-owner.My condolences.
Brown and Cobb would be the only two I would even consider, but lo and behold, they are already on my roster, along with Sanders.Any of the owners of the others will tell you, they've all underperformed, save Nelson, who I would Not trade Gordon for.

Look, if we are looking forward to the rest of the year, it's tee'd up big time for Gordon to do some serious damage, and I plan on being on the correct end of that.

How about your self respect?
???

I said I was wrong when I said 4-6 weeks... What else do you want?

Fact is, he's playing this season. When 99% of you said he wouldnt.

Anyways... that's long over now... We're counting down til Lift-Off now... join us.

Own him in any leagues?

I would assume the Gordon owner in most leagues would be right in the thick of the playoff race. Considering they are obviously very talented in grabbing late round value, I'd assume they drafted well elsewhere.

I would assume the Gordon owner in most leagues would be right in the thick of the playoff race. Considering they are obviously very talented in grabbing late round value, I'd assume they drafted well elsewhere.
More likely a product of if you could afford to stash him you did, if you needed to "win now" you moved him.

More likely a product of if you could afford to stash him you did, if you needed to "win now" you moved him.
seems like the league shark or the self proclaimed shark has him in all of my leagues (which is me in 2 of them :) )

This had become a useful thread again. We're not going back.

Chest thumping, claims of victory, baiting others, insults, calling people haters. Don't do it.

If you can't limit your post to football and fantasy football implications for Josh Gordon going forward, don't post.

This had become a useful thread again. We're not going back.

Chest thumping, claims of victory, baiting others, insults, calling people haters. Don't do it.

If you can't limit your post to football and fantasy football implications for Josh Gordon going forward, don't post.
What are you thoughts on Gordon ROS?

Wk12-17: 12 ppg minimum = WR1 with upside to be elite #1 WR over that stretch. He did 18.5 ppg with 3 QBs last year, 2 of them worse than Hoyer. How did it work out with Dez and Weedon? Its amazing when you think about the kind of talent a WR has to have doing what he did with 3 different QBs with Hoyer's talent level or worse last season. Outside of Megatron, who else could have done that, Julio/Green/Marshall?

Even if you discount his 18.5 ppg production by 35% (discounting expected pass attempts this year vs last year) he is WR1. Another line of reasoning says if they have an effective running game it will open up the offense for more big plays to him. Also keep in mind that right now they have one of the worst WR corps in the league and a decent running game so that will skew pass attempts lower over the first 11 weeks of the season. This changes with him coming back. They also have a new offense designed to setup passes to their WR1 for big plays. So I predict WR1 minimum with elite upside.

As far as coming in after suspension, last year he did not miss a beat the first week back. 10-146-1 TD. The only difference this time is the length of layoff.

mnmplayer said:
Wk12-17: 12 ppg minimum = WR1 with upside to be elite #1 WR over that stretch. He did 18.5 ppg with 3 QBs last year, 2 of them worse than Hoyer. How did it work out with Dez and Weedon? Its amazing when you think about the kind of talent a WR has to have doing what he did with 3 different QBs with Hoyer's talent level or worse last season. Outside of Megatron, who else could have done that, Julio/Green/Marshall?

Even if you discount his 18.5 ppg production by 35% (discounting expected pass attempts this year vs last year) he is WR1. Another line of reasoning says if they have an effective running game it will open up the offense for more big plays to him. Also keep in mind that right now they have one of the worst WR corps in the league and a decent running game so that will skew pass attempts lower over the first 11 weeks of the season. This changes with him coming back. They also have a new offense designed to setup passes to their WR1 for big plays. So I predict WR1 minimum with elite upside.
Just a quick question:

You stated they have "one of the worst WR corps in the league".

What criteria did you use here?

Couldn't have been drops, they are one of the best in the league there.

mnmplayer said:

Just a quick question:

Talent imo.

mnmplayer said:

Just a quick question:

Bottom 1/3rd? Let's not nitpick. Name 10 WRs corps you think are worse talent wise. Name 5? Name 1? A better exercise more specific to this equation might be to name 10 teams where you would rather have their WR1 over Miles Austin. Name 5? Name 1? That is the position Gordon will be playing. I can think of one team off the top of my head, Seattle, but then I would probably take their WR1 over Miles Austin too. Maybe STL today? But their starter through most of the season is now on IR.

ETA: The point is that there is a narrative to suggest there will be an uptick in pass attempts when Gordon comes back as there will be an uptick in talent at the position.

mnmplayer said:

Just a quick question:

Bottom 1/3rd? Let's not nitpick. Name 10 WRs corps you think are worse talent wise. Name 5? Name 1? A better exercise more specific to this equation might be to name 10 teams where you would rather have their WR1 over Miles Austin. Name 5? Name 1? That is the position Gordon will be playing. I can think of one team off the top of my head, Seattle, but then I would probably take their WR1 over Miles Austin too. Maybe STL today? But their starter through most of the season is now on IR.
I'd take Baldwin all day long over Austin or Hawkins. It's tough to find a WR crew with lower rated guys across the board that Cleveland without Gordon.

STL is on par but the lost Quick, who I would take over Austin or Hawkins.

mnmplayer said:

Just a quick question:You stated they have "one of the worst WR corps in the league".

ETA: The point is that there is a narrative to suggest there will be an uptick in pass attempts when Gordon comes back as there will be an uptick in talent at the position.
To your edited point, certainly an uptick in talent, and Gordon will get fed, heavily.Not sure the overall number of passes will change, but Gordon will, and should , get massive targets compared to the rest of the crew, but...

They've not been that bad so far,

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2014/

6 drops all year,

And boys, Gordon has flypaper for hands too.

Strap in.

Agreed, the more I think about it the more I have respect for what Hoyer has done. The guy is a gamer and is leading his team to a top6 performance in YDS/Att. They are 16th in total yards per game but 29th in total attempts with better than a 2:1 TD/INT rate so that points to efficiency in the passing game. Apply those to Gordon with an uptick in attempts and its gonna be a good time. Hoyer has done this with what I believe is the worst receiving corps in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread