What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

mnmplayer said:
Wk12-17: 12 ppg minimum = WR1 with upside to be elite #1 WR over that stretch. He did 18.5 ppg with 3 QBs last year, 2 of them worse than Hoyer. How did it work out with Dez and Weedon? Its amazing when you think about the kind of talent a WR has to have doing what he did with 3 different QBs with Hoyer's talent level or worse last season. Outside of Megatron, who else could have done that, Julio/Green/Marshall?

Even if you discount his 18.5 ppg production by 35% (discounting expected pass attempts this year vs last year) he is WR1. Another line of reasoning says if they have an effective running game it will open up the offense for more big plays to him. Also keep in mind that right now they have one of the worst WR corps in the league and a decent running game so that will skew pass attempts lower over the first 11 weeks of the season. This changes with him coming back. They also have a new offense designed to setup passes to their WR1 for big plays. So I predict WR1 minimum with elite upside.
I'm only concerned about a snap limit in order to protect him. I'd hate to see the guy come back, get all jacked up and pull a hammy because of the time off. But he demonstrated last year how efficient he is.

Browns OC Kyle Shanahan said he "can't wait" until Josh Gordon is back from suspension next week.

"I can’t wait to get him back, looking forward to it," Shanahan said. "And as soon as he’s ready to go, we’ll make sure to work to get him the ball." Gordon has been around the team facility the past couple months, working out and catching passes off the Jugs machine, but he's eligible to return to the team Monday and get his first practice in Wednesday. Expect Gordon to slide right back in at X receiver, a position the Shanahan offense has targeted heavily in the past. He should be an immediate WR1.
somebody catch me, please... Im drifting away...

Browns OC Kyle Shanahan said he "can't wait" until Josh Gordon is back from suspension next week.

"I can’t wait to get him back, looking forward to it," Shanahan said. "And as soon as he’s ready to go, we’ll make sure to work to get him the ball." Gordon has been around the team facility the past couple months, working out and catching passes off the Jugs machine, but he's eligible to return to the team Monday and get his first practice in Wednesday. Expect Gordon to slide right back in at X receiver, a position the Shanahan offense has targeted heavily in the past. He should be an immediate WR1.
somebody catch me, please... Im drifting away...
This is what I came in to report but I see that Fly has taken care of that for me. Was debating whether to give Watkins one more start but after last night's disappointment (and this blurb), I'm all in with Gordon!!!

Hate to do it but....

Calvin Johnson

Demaryius Thomas

Alshon Jeffery

JOSH GORDON

OH YEAH!

I have Megatron, Sanders, and Marshall....

Is it worth giving up Gordon and Peterson for foster if my rb2 is weak? I really want a seat on the train....

Everyone in this thread seems to have 5 top 5 WRs :excited:
:goodposting:
Personally i have never seen wr/wr drafting work at winning a league, and in this thread seems some people when wr/wr/wr. reminds me of the talking heads that are always excited about going heavy wr early, then half way through the season they are out of it because their rbs are waiver wire fodder while streaming qbs.

*every hipster podcast* "Really like demaryius this week and playing him alongside julio and jeffrey in one of my leagues." "Oh yeah how are you doing in that league?" "Last place in points with 2 wins but man my team is so good it makes no sense..." lol

Personally i have never seen wr/wr drafting work at winning a league, and in this thread seems some people when wr/wr/wr. reminds me of the talking heads that are always excited about going heavy wr early, then half way through the season they are out of it because their rbs are waiver wire fodder while streaming qbs.

*every hipster podcast* "Really like demaryius this week and playing him alongside julio and jeffrey in one of my leagues." "Oh yeah how are you doing in that league?" "Last place in points with 2 wins but man my team is so good it makes no sense..." lol
WR, WR, WR is ill advised but true stud WR's are harder to come by. You can always grab a RB later. Also, half of last seasons top 10 RBs will not be top ten this year. There is more risk with RBs early in the draft. The dude who grabbed Ingram and/or Demarco Murray is laughing at the guy who grabbed McCoy.

But the Harvin or Patterson owner isn't laughing at the Thomas owner.

WR, WR, WR is ill advised but true stud WR's are harder to come by. You can always grab a RB later. Also, half of last seasons top 10 RBs will not be top ten this year. There is more risk with RBs early in the draft. The dude who grabbed Ingram and/or Demarco Murray is laughing at the guy who grabbed McCoy.

But the Harvin or Patterson owner isn't laughing at the Thomas owner.
Last years top 12 WR (I play in 12 team league so these were WR1) in my PPR league that are currently top12 this year:

DT

A. Brown

Dez

That's it. 25% hit. 50% is looking pretty good. ETA: The guy that didn't draft a WR until the 5th round and went all Rookie WR or new situations (E Sanders) killed it this season grabbing Elite TE/QB/RB early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manning

Ingram

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Forsett[/SIZE]

Shoelace

McKinnon

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]AP[/SIZE]

Dez

Harvin

Cooks

ODB

Gordon

Gates

We have the technology. It can be done.

:ear to the ground, hand on the wire:

40+ yard receptions:

Washington - 14

Green Bay -11

Pittsburgh - 10

Denver - 9

Detroit - 9

Jacksonville - 9

Cleveland - 8

Philadphia - 8

I was really surprised (excited?) to see Cleveland tied for 7th in this category.

Manning

Ingram

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Forsett[/SIZE]

Shoelace

McKinnon

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]AP[/SIZE]

Dez

Harvin

Cooks

ODB

Gordon

Gates

We have the technology. It can be done.

:ear to the ground, hand on the wire:
12 team standard keep 3 up to n+3 years at year of acquisition round keeper league:

Peyton

Ellington (kept)

Mathews

Miller

Mason

Hyde

J. Bell

Gordon

Brown

Cobb (kept)

Cooks

Graham (kept, final year)

Teams can sell out and trade future picks for current players. Tanking, if you will, but it's effectively balanced since it's present for future value. If this team can't win out, I don't even know. Gordon is flexing in this scenario. Hard to top that, and :excited:

40+ yard receptions:

Washington - 14

Green Bay -11

Pittsburgh - 10

Denver - 9

Detroit - 9

Jacksonville - 9

Cleveland - 8

Philadphia - 8

I was really surprised (excited?) to see Cleveland tied for 7th in this category.
Yeah, that stat is about to skyrocket. Can't wait for it to be on the back of our JG12

OC genius Kyle Shanahan has a chub in his pants re: the return of Gordon. Says he cant wait to unleash him. On one of the most underrated offenses on the NFL (without Gordon)...

and still ya'll talking about benching him?

woof.

Drafted Calvin, Jordy and Antonio 1, 2, 3 and am tied for first place at 7-3.

:coffee:

Soulfly3 said:
FBG Moderator said:
This had become a useful thread again. We're not going back.

Chest thumping, claims of victory, baiting others, insults, calling people haters. Don't do it.

If you can't limit your post to football and fantasy football implications for Josh Gordon going forward, don't post.
What are you thoughts on Gordon ROS?
Moderate expectations.

Thanks for the update

How? All 3 were gone in my 12 team league by pick 22...

Not that anyone cares too much, but.....I had the 10th pick in a 10 team redraft and went Dez/Ball then Brown/Cobb. I also got Sanders later in the draft. I'm 7-3 and 2nd in points scored. Would be 8-2 if I didn't bench Dez last week. I did get Forsett off the WW, but my RB2 has been less than spectacular all year. Hopefully that changes with Jennings coming back.

My concern with Josh Gordon isn't if he'll be a WR1 or high WR2 it's if he can stay healthy and not pull a hammy...
From the Gordon/AP thread -

Here's a pretty good article from today on Gordon:

http://www.cleveland...sh_gordons.html

per Donte Whitner: "He's just been here working hard. He doesn't really say much. A lot of times he has his headphones on. But if you go out there into the indoor [practice field] and you see him working with the strength and conditioning coaches, he's working really hard -- a lot of sprints, a lot of working out. So hopefully he's able to come back and not miss a beat."
:thumbup:

The NFL has confirmed that Josh Gordon will resume football activities "without restriction" when his suspension expires on Monday.
In other words, he'll be all systems go for Week 12 against the Falcons, and beyond. "(He) will be clear to resume normal activities without restriction," AFC director of football communications Jon Zimmer said. Gordon will immediately slot back in as a WR1 in fantasy leagues. We'll get a better feel for whether Gordon is a high- or low-end WR1 when we see how he's utilized and how often he's targeted. The Browns are playing run-heavy football this year, after leading the NFL in 2013 pass attempts.

I like this part of that article:

"His mindset is he wants to come back and do something special in the last six games,'' said Whitner. "I don't know if that's go for 1,000 yards in six games or something like that, but I know he wants to do something special. I know he missed two games last year and went over 1,600 (yards), so he can do some special things.
Can't wait to see... :football:

One of the guys in my league has McCoy and Gio and is at risk of missing the playoffs. Yipes! I won't even mention Peterson. I guess this makes a little sense for guys playing redraft. But in dynasty, this is not a big deal, when you know what you are doing.

I like this part of that article:

"His mindset is he wants to come back and do something special in the last six games,'' said Whitner. "I don't know if that's go for 1,000 yards in six games or something like that, but I know he wants to do something special. I know he missed two games last year and went over 1,600 (yards), so he can do some special things.
Can't wait to see... :football:
Something special? :popcorn:

Orange Lightning

• 1 shot Tequilla
  • 1 shot Vodka
  • 1 shot 151
  • Orange Juice
1 drink each reception (hopefully I'll have to make two)

Users who are viewing this thread