Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

Gordon is in peak physical condition - absolutely shredded. He's been keeping himself busy, and in the past week has been mentioning his return in ATL nonstop.

He's ready to ball out.

He's at meetings, in the workout room and Im more than certain he's doing a LOT of football related training (even if not w the Browns)

Chemistry w Hoyer, a little overblown... did he have cemistry w ANY of the 3 qbs last year when they stepped onto the field? No. Did he explode regardless of who took over the snaps? Yes.

Im not implying he comes back and is back on record pace. But I see no reason whatsoever to doubt he hits 100/1 on his return. It'd like ANY player stepping on the field week 1

newsflash: Gordon was pretty good in 2012 too, especially for a rookie (who never played an NFL snap before) so your argument would have been at the time that, sure he has elite 4.3 speed and size, but he's never done it in the NFL before yet he made immediate impact when he became the starter. In 2013 they said he won't make an immediate impact after being suspended for 2 games as the NFL would adjust to him and he might injure himself after the time off. Now you say he took 2 months off so he wont make immediate impact in 2014 (even though he is allowed to be at team facilities and train). There have been tougher scenarios he has faced in his past with worse QBs with less experience than he has now where he made an immediate impact. This scenario seems to be one that is not as challenging as the previous ones where he made an immediate impact. There is always a probability factor that plays out, but I wouldn't be more scared of this situation than the previous ones he triumphed over.

I would be more concerned if he hadn't been able to be at the team facilities all season. I think he'll be in shape and it'll be more about getting timing down for a game or two. Hoyer and Gordon looked great together last year. I expect the same.

Now if Manziel becomes the starter, all bets are off.

I would be more concerned if he hadn't been able to be at the team facilities all season. I think he'll be in shape and it'll be more about getting timing down for a game or two. Hoyer and Gordon looked great together last year. I expect the same.

http://instagram.com/p/uuN1MowjYz/?modal=true

from yesterday

ya, he's in damn good physical shape.

http://instagram.com/p/uuN1MowjYz/?modal=true

from yesterday

ya, he's in damn good physical shape.

####### ripped. No pot.

I'm still a little concerned. Remember Hoyer and Jordan C. looked good last year too.

I thinking/hoping the addition of Gordon will spread the offense out a little and will add to Cameron's and Gordon's value.

Just picked him up off waivers and cut vjax, have been starting maclin and wallace so vjax was expendable for the chance at better upside in the playoffs. Tempering expectations though, gordon hasnt played an nfl speed rep in a long time, new offense with a nazi coordinator that will eliminate you from the game plan for the smallest slight, and he looked pretty disinterested playing in the preseason. Highly doubt we will get any 200 yard games but 80 and a td seems more than reasonable, i mean who else are they going to throw it to? Miles austin is cooked and andrew hawkins is 5 foot nothing.

This guy is going to absolutely go BONKERS when he starts playing again. If you watch what Hoyer is doing with the group of nobodies he's throwing to... it's pretty amazing. Hoyer is leading the league in yards per completion while throwing to Miles Austin and Andrew Hawkins! He's throwing deep balls like crazy.

If there is any chance you can get Gordon... do it.

• Like 2

I believe Hoyer was quoted as saying that when Gordon gets back, he is just going to chuck it up to Gordon and let Gordon do the rest. That's kinda what was going on last year.

I hope my team is still alive by the time he comes back, it's been a tough stretch...

Yeah I struggle to score pts every week. My trade deadline is this week and I might be forced to move him for an RB2/WR2 type deal. 5-4 and just lost to a team that had half his team on a bye. Problem spots at QB, RB, & WR so I have no clue what to do.

We can start 4 WRs - 2 WR, 2 Flex. I have:

Antonio Brown

Josh Gordon (WW)

T.Y. Hilton

DeAndre Hopkins

Vince Jackson (trade)

Full PPR

Playoffs are a crap shoot, but I'll disappointed if that team doesn't give me a good shot at a title.

Just picked him up off waivers and cut vjax,

<_< wow.

Been holding him since my draft.

He'll most likely be in my flex spot ahead of Hopkins ahead of a myriad of middling running backs.

I drafted TE/WR early in my ten man and I cannot wait to unleash a quartet of Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham and Josh Gordon down the stretch. Sick.

Thinking of grabbing Hoyer just to enjoy the double combo with cheese.

I own Gordon and can't wait to start him week 12, but this is a stretch imo unless you're playing in a 2-QB or 16 team league.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Tuesday, Browns GM Ray Farmer said the team wouldn't force the ball to Josh Gordon (suspension) upon his Week 12 return.

"People have to find a way to fit into the team," Farmer said. "That's up to Josh." They are politically correct comments from a general manager, but the reality is, Gordon posted the 10th most receiving yards in NFL history last season despite appearing in only 14 games. This is not an ordinary player coming off suspension. Gordon can be shoehorned into any offense, and will assume immediate WR1 status upon his reinstatement.

Source: Marla Ridenour on Twitter
Nov 4 - 2:54 PM

Rotoworld:

Speaking Tuesday, Browns GM Ray Farmer said the team wouldn't force the ball to Josh Gordon (suspension) upon his Week 12 return.

"People have to find a way to fit into the team," Farmer said. "That's up to Josh." They are politically correct comments from a general manager, but the reality is, Gordon posted the 10th most receiving yards in NFL history last season despite appearing in only 14 games. This is not an ordinary player coming off suspension. Gordon can be shoehorned into any offense, and will assume immediate WR1 status upon his reinstatement.

Source: Marla Ridenour on Twitter

Nov 4 - 2:54 PM

Just read that on yahoo. Sureeeee Farmer

I HATE the arrogance exuding from this front office. Let me guess...now Gordon is part of a rotation with the scrubs they have now whose playing time will be determined by how he performs in practice? GO TO HELL BROWNS!

I may sit him the first week back to see what's up

bench gordon.

a healthy gordon.

a healthy gordon, v Atlanta?

my golly.

I've been holding him in since the draft. If Megatron can get healthy, I'm set with him, Julio and Gordon. #####es better getting ready for an ### whoopin'!!

I've been holding him in since the draft. If Megatron can get healthy, I'm set with him, Julio and Gordon. #####es better getting ready for an ### whoopin'!!

Calvin is my other WR as well, with Evans now filling in until Gordon returns.

Rodgers is my QB, Graham my TE, and my RBs are Murray and Lacy with Ingram and Bradshaw as my depth in PPR. The injuries were hurting earlier, but I'm liking my outlook for the playoffs...

• Like 1

Have the same three. Been rolling with Sanders as my third guy. Sanu and Bryant deep on my bench. Couldn't give Sanu away the frist few weeks.

This guy is going to absolutely go BONKERS when he starts playing again. If you watch what Hoyer is doing with the group of nobodies he's throwing to... it's pretty amazing. Hoyer is leading the league in yards per completion while throwing to Miles Austin and Andrew Hawkins! He's throwing deep balls like crazy.

If there is any chance you can get Gordon... do it.

He's only completing 58% of his passes, but 8.0 per attempt is pretty good.

I just hope he doesn't get hurt on the first play back, that always seems to happen to me with players that I hold waiting for the pot of gold

I have Gordon and have been holding all year and intend to play him first game back.

BUT, I'd rather trade him. I just have this feeling that there's all this hype and expectation and he doesn't come close to living up to it and is just average, or worse, I honestly think he may well pull a hammy. Dude is in no way gonna be 100% in football shape.

I'd prefer to trade him for a RB.

I have Gordon and have been holding all year and intend to play him first game back.

BUT, I'd rather trade him. I just have this feeling that there's all this hype and expectation and he doesn't come close to living up to it and is just average, or worse, I honestly think he may well pull a hammy. Dude is in no way gonna be 100% in football shape.

I would prefer a RB to him, but not just any RB. It needs to be a sure fire every week starter. Those are so rare that nobody is selling them.

I would prefer a RB to him, but not just any RB. It needs to be a sure fire every week starter. Those are so rare that nobody is selling them.

Exactly, and I'm in a 14 team league where as you may well expect, the RB pickins are extremely thin. Gordon may be great upon his return or he may not. The Browns look to be a team that can run this year as opposed to having to chuck it up non-stop to have a puncher's chance. New head coach also.

At this point I'm leaning toward moving him for far less than perceived value.

Only way I move him is if I'm afraid of him failing a test. He's going to easily get his points with this team.

The first game Gordon had last year in Minnesota after his suspension, Hoyer targeted him 19 times.

19!

• Like 1

Game ends and he has his say on Instagram

LOVE IT!!!!

Gotta link or quote?

Calvin is my other WR as well, with Evans now filling in until Gordon returns.

Rodgers is my QB, Graham my TE, and my RBs are Murray and Lacy with Ingram and Bradshaw as my depth in PPR. The injuries were hurting earlier, but I'm liking my outlook for the playoffs...

What did you end up doing on the waiver wire this past week?

The first game Gordon had last year in Minnesota after his suspension, Hoyer targeted him 19 times.

19!

He only missed two games last year, and he was with a totally different coaching staff.

19!

He only missed two games last year, and he was with a totally different coaching staff.

Yep.

From the outside looking in, Cleveland's identity this year is to run the heck out of the ball, not fling it all over the place like last year. Is this year's offense a product of Gordon NOT playing or a different philosophy altogether? I'm as excited as most for Gordon's return having enjoyed him last year and held him in several leagues this year but I can't help but wonder if we're going to be disappointed.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Cleveland took a few shots down the field last night, and the strong run game sets up play action.

If anything, Gordon will have 3-4 chances a game to score a deep TD.

I don't see him being targetted 10-12 times a game, but if he can capitalized on 7-8 targets in a game - which he's shown he can do, he'll be more than worth it.

I expect 5-110-1 per/game - week 12 onwards.

My fear is their defense makes plays early, and their run game scores 2-3 times in the first half of games, and they are left protecting a two score lead in the 2nd half.

Either way :popcorn: