What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (11 Viewers)

Josh Gordon told ex-Browns WR Nate Burleson that he plans to "tear this league up" upon his return from a 10-game suspension.

Whooo boy! Via Burleson, Gordon recently said, "I'm going to lose 10-15 pounds. When I come back, I'm going to tear this league up." Observers at Browns practice Wednesday said Gordon looked sharp running routes and in shape during the 15 or so minutes open to the media. The Browns have alluded to easing Gordon back into the picture, but Falcons coach Mike Smith isn't buying it. And neither are we. Cleveland is in the middle of a dogfight for a playoff spot. Gordon is an otherworldly talent. Expect him to be plugged in as the X receiver and start ripping cornerbacks to shreds. We're on board with firing Gordon up as an immediate WR1.
Worked out well for Greg Little. Go for it.

Josh Gordon told ex-Browns WR Nate Burleson that he plans to "tear this league up" upon his return from a 10-game suspension.

Whooo boy! Via Burleson, Gordon recently said, "I'm going to lose 10-15 pounds. When I come back, I'm going to tear this league up." Observers at Browns practice Wednesday said Gordon looked sharp running routes and in shape during the 15 or so minutes open to the media. The Browns have alluded to easing Gordon back into the picture, but Falcons coach Mike Smith isn't buying it. And neither are we. Cleveland is in the middle of a dogfight for a playoff spot. Gordon is an otherworldly talent. Expect him to be plugged in as the X receiver and start ripping cornerbacks to shreds. We're on board with firing Gordon up as an immediate WR1.
Worked out well for Greg Little. Go for it.
The difference is that Gordon has skill.

3rd and 11 at CLE 41(12:08) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to A.Hawkins.

:-)09) (No Huddle) B.Hoyer pass deep left to T.Benjamin to HST 49 for 23 yards (A.Bouye).

(14:29) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep left to T.Gabriel.

(13:05) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to M.Austin.

(10:21) B.Hoyer pass deep left to T.Gabriel to HST 42 for 23 yards (A.Bouye).

(14:10) (No Huddle) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep left to T.Benjamin [b.Cushing]. Crowell pitched ball back to Hoyer

(3:09) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep middle to G.Barnidge (M.Mohamed).

(3:05) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete short middle to T.Gabriel.

:-)36) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep left to G.Barnidge (A.Bouye).

(9:00) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to G.Barnidge [b.Cushing].

(8:21) B.Hoyer pass deep middle to T.Gabriel to HST 45 for 35 yards (J.Rolle).

(1:33) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to A.Hawkins (J.Joseph).
12 deep passes for Hoyer last week. I think he's a thirsty man in the desert, and the water truck just drove up.

3rd and 11 at CLE 41(12:08) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to A.Hawkins.

:-)09) (No Huddle) B.Hoyer pass deep left to T.Benjamin to HST 49 for 23 yards (A.Bouye).

(14:10) (No Huddle) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep left to T.Benjamin [b.Cushing]. Crowell pitched ball back to Hoyer

(1:33) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to A.Hawkins (J.Joseph).
12 deep passes for Hoyer last week. I think he's a thirsty man in the desert, and the water truck just drove up.
And he's going against an atlanta team with a horrendous defense but an offense that can put up points. So it could turn into a shootout which would just increase Flash's value.

Prediction for Sunday:

4 rec for 67 yds
That's a decent first quarter
Dodds is predicting a 6-77-.5 for the whole game. If you are right about the 1st qtr, it looks like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtrs will suck for you
Dodds is playing it perfectly placing him at a WR1 level of 14 points in my league. take his projections in context. What is the top scorer's proj this week and the 12th highest proj? Not asking for subscription content so no names, just projections for the top WR and the 12th WR. I think that 6-77-.5 is most likely a pretty high projection for a 1st game back, WR1 level.

Bazinga's hate for all positive gordon news is astounding.

Bazinga mustve played CB is highschool v Josh, and he cost him a scholarship

Last edited by a moderator:
@MaryKayCabot

But under terms of the NFL's new drug policy, Gordon can have his slate wiped clean after a year of good behavior -- no strikes against him
:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Inb4SaltyBishesClaimGordonCantGoWithoutSmokingPotForAWholeYear

FantasyPros ROS rankings are not kind to Hoyer. Anybody giving him a bump with Gordon coming back?

Where do you draw the line for what you would trade for him straight up?

Sanders?

Nelson?

Cobb?

Maclin?

Hilton?

Benjimin?

Marshall?

Soulfly3 said:
You'll see how good Hoyer really is.

Take that to the bank brohan
Like last year with Gordon?
EXACTLY like last year, Henry.... of the two games Hoyer and Gordon played together we have the following stats:

v MIN: Hoyer: 321yds/3tds Gordon 10/146/1

v CIN: Hoyer: 269/2 Gordon: 4/71/0

Small sample size, but Hoyer averaged 295/2.5 and Gordon averaged 7/109/0.5

So yes... Exactly like that

Soulfly3 said:

EXACTLY like last year, Henry.... of the two games Hoyer and Gordon played together we have the following stats:

I wouldn't be shocked at all at 14/28 for 220/1 over the next two games. I don't think that's what Gordon owners are expecting.

Soulfly3 said:

I wouldn't be shocked at all at 14/28 for 220/1 over the next two games. I don't think that's what Gordon owners are expecting.
I'd be fine with that. Gordon owners lucked into a lottery ticket. If you have relatively deep benches, you just hold him and pass on the latest fad. I'm top total points in league and in first H2H so far, with a playoff clinch last week. Anything Gordon gives me off of the bench is rock solid. Yeah, I drafted him in the sixth round, too.

Harstad, in another thread (just so people don't think I'm nuts with an inter-thread claim) might be right with Gronk being MVP for VBD. Also helps if you bet against Richardson and on Bradshaw up until this point. Rooster provided upon request.

But Gordon just needs to drop fourteen or so for a dramatic upgrade at receiver for me for it to work. That'd be great for most of us.

Soulfly3 said:

I'd be fine with that. Gordon owners lucked into a lottery ticket. If you have relatively deep benches, you just hold him and pass on the latest fad. I'm top total points in league and in first H2H so far, with a playoff clinch last week. Anything Gordon gives me off of the bench is rock solid. Yeah, I drafted him in the sixth round, too.

Harstad, in another thread (just so people don't think I'm nuts with an inter-thread claim) might be right with Gronk being MVP for VBD. Also helps if you bet against Richardson and on Bradshaw up until this point. Rooster provided upon request.

But Gordon just needs to drop fourteen or so for a dramatic upgrade at receiver for me for it to work. That'd be great for most of us.
I'll take a Rhode Island Red please.

Hopefully Josh practices the way Pettine wants otherwise he may not play at all. Pettine seems a little different and I would consider that a concern as a Gordon owner knowing Josh in the past has been accused of not going full boar in practice.

Soul, do you have the breakdown of garbage time stats from last year? Pretty sure they were strong. Not saying Josh is going to go 4-50 every week, and obviously you are having fun with your projections, but it is something to be considered if we start being realistic.

So, if you believe what Pettine is saying, you also believe Pettine is a moron.

Browns are in MUST WIN mode, and you spend your week telling your opponent that Josh is going to be on a tight pitch count? One of the best WRs in the league...

"Hey Atlanta... we NEED to beat you, but while you're scheming and game planning, please take into account my HONEST representation of how often our most dangerous will play"

Pure stupidity on his part, if true.

I dont expect Josh to play 100% of snaps... But he'll play a damn high percentage. Of that, Im sure.

And I can also bet Mike Smith aint buying that BS either.

Coach Mike Pettine continues to try to downplay the impact Josh Gordon will have in Sunday's game against the Falcons.

Pettine mentioned to Ross Tucker about research the Browns have done on higher injury rates after long layoffs. Gordon has not been permitted to practice since training camp and is taking contact this week for the first time in 80 days. Of course, we're talking about an All-Pro talent on a team that is both desperate for offensive weaponry and clawing for a playoff berth. Even if Gordon is a bit limited in terms of snap count and volume, he's a must-play in season-long formats right away.

It wouldn't blow the roof of my doors if Gordon got less than 4 points or more than 20. Really expecting this first game to have a huge range of possibilities.

Here's my take on the Gordon situation. Take from it what you will.

This dude almost single-handedly propelled me to a championship last season in my one keeper league. When he got suspended in the offseason, I begrudgingly had to cut him. Once he got reinstated I actively tried trading to get him back from the owner who ended up drafting him this season. I got him back, and like everyone else I been waiting patiently for Week 12 to arrive, and here we are. Gordon is a transcendent talent. He's coming off a legendary season and now joins a better team, with a better QB and better running game to help take the pressure off him. Pitch count or not, the dude's a game breaker and doesn't need a ton of snaps to have a big fantasy day. Is there a distinct possibility he goes 2 for 25 in his first game back? Absolutely. But IMO he is just as likely to go for 125 and a long TD. Basically, you better have some REALLY good WR option to leave Gordon on your bench once he starts playing.

Here's my take on the Gordon situation. Take from it what you will.

This dude almost single-handedly propelled me to a championship last season in my one keeper league. When he got suspended in the offseason, I begrudgingly had to cut him. Once he got reinstated I actively tried trading to get him back from the owner who ended up drafting him this season. I got him back, and like everyone else I been waiting patiently for Week 12 to arrive, and here we are. Gordon is a transcendent talent. He's coming off a legendary season and now joins a better team, with a better QB and better running game to help take the pressure off him. Pitch count or not, the dude's a game breaker and doesn't need a ton of snaps to have a big fantasy day. Is there a distinct possibility he goes 2 for 25 in his first game back? Absolutely. But IMO he is just as likely to go for 125 and a long TD. Basically, you better have some REALLY good WR option to leave Gordon on your bench once he starts playing.
I agree completely. You cast you die to get him and hold him. Now is the time to unleash him.

Wideouts I'd bench him for this week?

Calvin

Jordy

Demaryius

/list

I'd start him over Julio, Dez, Cobb, AJ, Hilton...anyone else. In fact I traded Julio away this week on the cusp of Gordon's return. It's time to sink or swim with him.

sorted for most recent news first:

Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (non-injury) practiced on a limited basis Wednesday, Nov. 19. Gordon looked happy and was in great shape, and he caught passes from the quarterbacks in the portion that was open to the media. Head coach Mike Pettine indicated that Gordon will be limited throughout the week. 'The trap to fall into is, 'Hey, he's back and let's just go ahead and throw him out there for a bunch of plays.' There's certainly danger inherent in doing that and we have to be smart with how we do it and have a plan to progress through the week,' Pettine said.
Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon is expected to be limited in Week 12 because it will be his first game of the season, and the team does not want to rush him into the offense, according to head coach Mike Pettine. Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith said he believes Gordon will have a significant role in the game because of his ability to make plays.
Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon has big plans in his return to game action in Week 12. Gordon told reporter Nate Burleson that he plans to tear up the league when he returns. 'He told me: 'Starting on practice this Wednesday, I'm going to outwork everybody on the field,'' Burleson said Tuesday. '(He said) 'I'm going to try to evoke a pride in Cleveland that can hopefully lead us to the playoffs.' He's excited about coming back.'
Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon will make his season debut against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 12, and Falcons head coach Mike Smith doesn't expect the Browns to ease their best receiver back in. 'Absolutely I do,' Smith said. 'They've stated that they want to get him out on the field as quickly as possible. And he's a game-changer. He's a guy that with the ball in his hands, he can make plays. So we're anticipating that we're going to get a full dose of him this week.' Gordon had a league-leading 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns in 14 games in 2014. Smith said they aren't afraid to put CB Desmond Trufant, their best cornerback, in a shadow role on Gordon. Footballguys View: The Falcons should be expecting a lot of Gordon in Week 12. Fantasy owners can look at him with confidence this week. Gordon was a fantasy star in 2013 with guys like Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden throwing him the ball.
My other WRs are Fitz and Martavis Bryant so he is starting along with Green and Sanu for me. There is a growing perception of risk he doesn't play a significant set of snaps. I liken how this team has handled it's RBs to this point as a bi-polar HS Cheerleader trying to determine her beaux for homecoming while she's dealing with that time of the month, so yes the risk is real with Pettine.

That said, I am starting him.

Users who are viewing this thread