What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (5 Viewers)

Those who planned on having Gordon for the playoffs, looks like a dubious proposition now. To play him next week or not.....

This on Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is "hearing plenty of criticism" about Josh Gordon, including that he's out of shape.

Gordon, who led the NFL in receiving last season, had his snaps reduced Sunday in favor of Taylor Gabriel and Travis Benjamin. Apparently the Browns aren't happy with his conditioning, route-running and/or grasp of the playbook. Of course, none of this came out over the last two weeks, so it looks like they're trying to save face after making the mistake of sticking with Brian Hoyer over Johnny Manziel. The Browns would have to be insane not to use Gordon as a full-time, featured player in a must-win game against Cincy in Week 15. The concern is that they are that insane.

No certainty that Gordon will even be an option next week? Any update on his injury (looked like maybe a hip)?

THe only thing that might help with Manziel would be that he's an improviser so Gordon could run the wrong routes as he has been and still make some plays once the original play breaks down.

No other options here either...

8/120

7/75

2/15

He laid a dud, the 20 and 14.5 efforts in his first two weeks were more than enough. Hopefully this will be the anomaly, hopefully Jordy won't acore 30 tomorrow so my season can continue.

This on Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is "hearing plenty of criticism" about Josh Gordon, including that he's out of shape.

Gordon, who led the NFL in receiving last season, had his snaps reduced Sunday in favor of Taylor Gabriel and Travis Benjamin. Apparently the Browns aren't happy with his conditioning, route-running and/or grasp of the playbook. Of course, none of this came out over the last two weeks, so it looks like they're trying to save face after making the mistake of sticking with Brian Hoyer over Johnny Manziel. The Browns would have to be insane not to use Gordon as a full-time, featured player in a must-win game against Cincy in Week 15. The concern is that they are that insane.
this isn't surprising... but what happened to the "pitch count" in his first week back in Atlanta. So he was good enough to play all those snaps but now he's out of shape? Did they ride him too hard too soon?

This on Rotoworld:

this isn't surprising... but what happened to the "pitch count" in his first week back in Atlanta. So he was good enough to play all those snaps but now he's out of shape? Did they ride him too hard too soon?
yes

They kept saying he was working out at the facilities alone during the suspension? I don't get this criticism. Nor do I love rotoworlds little editorial there.

Nothing like a game of fake football to bring out the whiny five year old in people who probably consider themselves to be grown ### men.

The score this guy dropped is horrendous, and will cost me the magic football playoffs, but the throws that Hoyer chucked were horrendous, and will cost a real football team the playoffs.

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-mouths-#######-hit-brian-hoyer-overthrows-josh-gordon/

eta* I don't know how they're getting "I would have [bleeping] hit him." I'm almost seeing , "I would've [bleeping] dove." Maybe that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is hilarious.

D. Thomas put up identical numbers. Are his owners contemplating sitting him next week?

He had two really good games and now one stinker and this is how grown me react!?

Grow a pair I tell ya

D. Thomas put up identical numbers. Are his owners contemplating sitting him next week?

He had two really good games and now one stinker and this is how grown me react!?

Grow a pair I tell ya
This is very true. To which I respond: Yes, but did you start them both in the first week of the playoffs? Oh yeah.

Dedication

Bummer for DT owners - that is a serious let down, because you drafted him late first/early second.

Gordon? Sucks because having a WR3/4 with that much upside is playing with house money. You took a late round flyer on him or grabbed him off waivers late September or early October.

Josh Gordon is not the linchpin of any championship FF team. He's just a piece. If you were counting on him you likely didn't have a good enough team anyway.

I had Gordon in the lineup - feel compelled to start him every week after keeping him stashed on a short bench for months - but I'm moving on for other reasons.

If Gordon has a good one next week or the week after, might be a difference maker. But I'm not really counting on it.

Bummer for DT owners - that is a serious let down, because you drafted him late first/early second.

Gordon? Sucks because having a WR3/4 with that much upside is playing with house money. You took a late round flyer on him or grabbed him off waivers late September or early October.

Josh Gordon is not the linchpin of any championship FF team. He's just a piece. If you were counting on him you likely didn't have a good enough team anyway.

I had Gordon in the lineup - feel compelled to start him every week after keeping him stashed on a short bench for months - but I'm moving on for other reasons.

If Gordon has a good one next week or the week after, might be a difference maker. But I'm not really counting on it.
I held him the better part of 10 weeks too but I won't let that influence what I do next week. It's one and done time and I can't afford to take a flyer on the chance 2013 Gordon makes an appearance.

I held him the better part of 10 weeks too but I won't let that influence what I do next week. It's one and done time and I can't afford to take a flyer on the chance 2013 Gordon makes an appearance.
Sob story here: Held him for all twelve, drafted in the sixth (yes, I'm that confident in my drafting ability) round. Traded Edelman, Martavis Bryant, cut Charles Johnson, and started Gordon and Thomas.

They went for three points. The other guys went for about twenty apiece. Busta Rhymes's "Oh My God" refrain from Tribe Called Quest can't even explain how I feel today, though I'm not surprised (I've never beaten the guy I've gone up against in the playoffs, and it's weird karma. I deserved it, but no longer. Jeez.)

Grow a pair I tell ya
This is very true. To which I respond: Yes, but did you start them both in the first week of the playoffs? Oh yeah.

No. I had a bye and am hoping for a bounce back next week.

The score this guy dropped is horrendous, and will cost me the magic football playoffs, but the throws that Hoyer chucked were horrendous, and will cost a real football team the playoffs.
Hoyer put that last throw right on the money but Gordon wasn't running hard until the ball was in the air. Gordon cost a real football team the playoffs too.

Hoyer put that last throw right on the money but Gordon wasn't running hard until the ball was in the air. Gordon cost a real football team the playoffs too.
that throw was right on the money. Gordon blew it.

Not sitting Gordon. Basically starting him over Crowell, VJax and Shoelace, so its not that hard to keep rolling him out (ASIDE - VJax started four time, stunk most of the time, blew up on my bench twice).

Going to dance with the ones who brought me here:

Brown 13 starts

Hilton 13 starts

Charles 12 starts

Julius 10 starts (over Kelce 4)

Brady 8 starts (over Stafford 6)

Hopkins 7 starts (over VJax 4, Shoelace 4, Crowell 0)

That's six starters with 32 20-point games and 12 30-point games. Gordon is gravy. Mashed potatoes are fine with just butter, but gravy is nice too if you have it. No big deal if you don't.

Yep. Guy was basically jogging out there on that play. If he ran that route at full speed, it was an easy catch. Instead it went off his fingertips.

It's not so much Gordon's performance that makes me want to bench him in the playoffs, it's the uncertainty around the whole team. Manziel? Hoyer? How will they use him next week, etc. Etc. Yes. He can blow up and go 6/140/2 or he may put up a similar stat total to this week. Can you afford that kind of unpredictability in the playoffs? Idk. Benching him for what you feel is a more consistent option wouldn't be the worst idea ever.

Yep. Guy was basically jogging out there on that play. If he ran that route at full speed, it was an easy catch. Instead it went off his fingertips.
if gordon continues to run full speed vertically on the route the throw is 10-15 yards too short.

I only have 2 wrs left on my roster so he will be starting for better or worse. I still have much more faith in him than my previous # 2 (Reuben Randle). In a PPR, his first 2 weeks were more than adequate.

I hereby solemnly vow the following for Week 15:

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
Ok I guess. But wouldn't that be the easy thing for you to do.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
Ok I guess. But wouldn't that be the easy thing for you to do.
Trust me, leaving this thread is not easy for me.

eta: Maybe Ill come in here Sunday after the game if he doesnt hit those numbers, take my beating, then stop as of Monday. That way you can all take your shots, that Ill deserve.

But I am pretty certain that a QB change is going to change this offense, quite a bit... I mean, it really cant get worse. Hoyer is setting records FFS

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
If he plays in week 15. Last time I saw him he was lying face down in the dirt with trainers huddled over him.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
If he plays in week 15. Last time I saw him he was lying face down in the dirt with trainers huddled over him.
He went back in after that

He appears slow and bloated compared to last year.....probably from the munchies.
Isnt he apparently 10 pounds lighter than last year?

He doesnt look bloated to me. Slow, Im not sure because I havent yet gotten o see him use his breakaway speed... but he had the two IND defenders pretty beat on the failed long ball

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
Don't do that. This thread would be awful if you bailed out of it, and Gordon's not going to have 100/1,

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
Don't do that. This thread would be awful if you bailed out of it, and Gordon's not going to have 100/1,
Henry, I thank you for the kind words.

But I need you to trust me on this. Manziel goes in, and Gordon goes boom. That whole offense must be so down w that hot mess behind center right now.

Manziel goes in, playoff life on the line, the world's eyes on them... I think it clicks. I dont even expect Manziel to be great... But even good is enough right now

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
Henry, I thank you for the kind words.

But I need you to trust me on this. Manziel goes in, and Gordon goes boom. That whole offense must be so down w that hot mess behind center right now.

Manziel goes in, playoff life on the line, the world's eyes on them... I think it clicks. I dont even expect Manziel to be great... But even good is enough right now
Since November 2, the Browns have thrown one TD pass to a WR. You can say that's Hoyer, but I think it's heavily the scheme. It's not built for WR points. Couple that with Gordon's catch rate over his career, and I just don't see it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread