What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (11 Viewers)

No Hard feelings Josh, I beneched you, and was really worried about it, but it turned out my Fred Jax flex was a better move.

I'd take you again next year, but you''ve probably slid out of my top 10 for sure.

He might as well make an alias now though because he's a laughingstock. Nobody is going to listen to him again.
People were listening to him before?

I don't mean that as an insult - because we all have our "misses" - but as far as I can tell his posting style is pure hyperbole with no substance. I think he's a lot of fun, but wouldn't be my go to guy for fantasy advice.

Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer says Josh Gordon "continues to struggle with the plays and running the right patterns."

Gordon has a disappointing 24 catches, 303 yards and zero touchdowns in five games since coming off suspension. Some of that can be blamed on poor quarterback and offensive line play, but he's also admitted that the playbook has changed a lot since he was with the team in the preseason. There have also been whispers that he's not in the best physical condition. Gordon closes out the season against the Ravens in Week 17.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Let me know when the medals are being passed out for all the I told you sos in here. The acknowledgement seeking has reached kindergarten highs!

He might as well make an alias now though because he's a laughingstock. Nobody is going to listen to him again.
People were listening to him before?

I don't mean that as an insult - because we all have our "misses" - but as far as I can tell his posting style is pure hyperbole with no substance. I think he's a lot of fun, but wouldn't be my go to guy for fantasy advice.
He is not even a lot of fun, unless you find trolling fun from someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

• Smile
Reactions: T J
With all the rookies coming in, Gordon is just a guy even if he does rebound. The talent pool is deep deep deep at wide receiver now that you can't really play them physically anymore.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

Browns suspended Josh Gordon for Week 17 against the Ravens for a violation of team rules.

Gordon was placed on the reserve/suspended list. WR Phil Bates was promoted off the practice squad to take his place. The Browns did not announce why Gordon was suspended, but NFL.com's Mike Silver reports Gordon missed the Browns' Saturday walk through. The suspension ends a tumultuous season for Gordon. After missing the first 11 weeks of the season serving a league-mandated suspension, Gordon looked out of shape and unfamiliar with the playbook as he struggled his way to 24 catches for 303 yards and zero touchdowns in five starts. Bad quarterback play certainly contributed to Gordon's disappointing stretch, but he was not the transcendent talent that took the league by storm in 2013. Coming off a down season and now serving his third suspension in two years, Gordon's Dynasty stock is crumbling. Dec 27 - 1:49 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

Browns suspended Josh Gordon for Week 17 against the Ravens for a violation of team rules.

Gordon was placed on the reserve/suspended list. WR Phil Bates was promoted off the practice squad to take his place. The Browns did not announce why Gordon was suspended, but NFL.com's Mike Silver reports Gordon missed the Browns' Saturday walk through. The suspension ends a tumultuous season for Gordon. After missing the first 11 weeks of the season serving a league-mandated suspension, Gordon looked out of shape and unfamiliar with the playbook as he struggled his way to 24 catches for 303 yards and zero touchdowns in five starts. Bad quarterback play certainly contributed to Gordon's disappointing stretch, but he was not the transcendent talent that took the league by storm in 2013. Coming off a down season and now serving his third suspension in two years, Gordon's Dynasty stock is crumbling. Dec 27 - 1:49 PM
:lol: He missed half the season and was selling cars why would he be in shape? I still am a fan of his talent.

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer

Josh Gordon missed the Browns' walkthrough today, leading to the suspension. Huge bc it keeps him from accruing the year toward free agency.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Need 6 games. He had 5 coming into this week. RT @TeddyMonnster: @AlbertBreer just by missing this last game? It carries that much weight?

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

You need 4 years to become a UFA. He now has 2, doesn't get a 3rd. RT @TeddyMonnster: @AlbertBreer what do you mean by accruing the year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that solves the "do I start Josh Gordon with Shaw in at QB" debate. To be honest, I was gung-ho about starting him, I thought they'd either pull him early (the bad option) or gameplan him in to see what he can really do (the far better option). I was excited about the risk/reward prospects in a week 17 championship game I'm expected to win in. Now it's Mike Evans or I turn to the wire.

I drank the kool aid and thought there was too much at stake for him to slip up... but now... I just think he probably lacks a quality network around him.... knowing folks in Cleveland they supported him strongly and this boneheaded maneuver had them turning on him just as harshly.

Someone said he'll be a patriot next year and I agree

ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk

Browns have not yet decided whether Josh Gordon is suspended with or without pay. Without pay could result in delayed free agency.

He will file a grievance that will block him having to wait another year for free agency, but you have to think the Browns will part ways with him in the off season.

Best thing that could have happened. Get him out of the stinkhole known as Cleveland. No quarterback, game playing head coach -he had no future there. Now he will likely move on to a team that can get him the ball. His value has crumbled. But so did the frozen cop in terminator before things heated up and he found himself whole again. Now is not the time to sell. His value can only get HIGHER. Oops.

Not to :tinfoilhat: but this sounds like a ploy to delay his FA status. No one will question it because of his reputation but the Browns are a pretty inept organization starting at the top.

I really don't have a clue why the Brownies would just dump the guy when he costs them so little. I highly doubt he is playing for anyone other than the Brownies next year, IF he plays at all. And there is really a zero percent chance he plays with the Patriots in the near future. He is not their type of player. Anyone thinking otherwise is a desperate dynasty owner....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot

The 1-game suspension was the next step for #Browns Josh Gordon, who's been late to other team functions this season and fined for them.

Not to :tinfoilhat: but this sounds like a ploy to delay his FA status. No one will question it because of his reputation but the Browns are a pretty inept organization starting at the top.
No doubt in my mind that it played a part in their decision.

Pettine is cleaning house still, I'm guessing Gordo is gone & he will land somewhere exciting. Nothing is "unbelievable" at this point but risking his free agency status at this point is just self-destructive.

Pettine is cleaning house still, I'm guessing Gordo is gone & he will land somewhere exciting. Nothing is "unbelievable" at this point but risking his free agency status at this point is just self-destructive.
The team was so close to competing and it may all just fall apart.

Cleveland won't ever win until they get rid of cancers like Gordon and yes Johnny Football. These guys don't get it. If I were GM I'd trade both for a can of sardines and move on. It's not the organization, it's the players. Like Mike Singletary said' "can't win with em".

Users who are viewing this thread