What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (11 Viewers)

I'd be throwing rookie 2s out for him right now if I didn't own him. Here's why.

He's worth a first rounder easily except for the specter of lifelong ban on him. I don't think that happens. I think he comes back and we know he can play....like Dez Bryant/Antonio Brown type play.

We don't know that the likes of Devin Funchess, Jaelen Strong, or Doreal Green Beckham can play. They are almost certainly not going to play at the level Gordon is capable of.

So you throw the pick out there, if you get him he costs you a roster spot, if he ####s up again, you cut him. If he does come back, you have a player that we know can absolutely dominate. Worth the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be throwing rookie 2s out for him right now if I didn't own him. Here's why.

He's worth a first rounder easily accept for the spectre of lifelong ban on him. I don't think that happens. I think he comes back and we know he can play....like Dez Bryant/Antonio Brown type play.

We don't know that the likes of Devin Funchess, Jaelen Strong, or Doreal Green Beckham can play. They are almost certainly not going to play at the level Gordon is capable of.

So you throw the pick out there, if you get him he costs you a roster spot, if he ####s up again, you cut him. If he does come back, you have a player that we know can absolutely dominate. Worth the risk.
My thoughts are- he's still young (if he were any older i wouldnt even consider stashing him, he's still got a bunch of seasons left if he gets back on the field), he seems to be working hard with other players in the summer wherever he can get around the restrictions, and he's a legit, proven game breaker. There are so many really good WR's in the league right now, one that is still head and shoulders better than all but maybe 2 or 3 others is a VBD advantage I want to have.

I believe my post is more for guys who want the Win now, who maybe cant afford to roster extra bodies (which already include Rookies) Or just cannot acquire the guy in fair trade...

When I check all the stats from the first year, and then the following year, it doesn't really add up. Now I know in a WCO threes usually one top notch WR.

But, I look at the stats from 2014, its almost 2 for 1. Basically 50-50 the ball is caught. We could talk about QB play, and/or OLine status, but its kinda volatile eh

This kid could play two games, and be suspended.. If ya have the roster space, ignore it by all means. The young man has the tools,,, Im not even sure I would accept a 1st rnd pick in such a situation. I believe

some people had Gordon's value at "two 1st Rnd picks" at one point in his career. I really cant see 25- 26 yrs old causing too terrible a price drop.

LOL, maybe my dropping Gordon was lame, its why I cant explain...

When I saw this thread on page one, I thought for sure I was going to open it and read he's been popped for something else.

That's why I'm a seller instead of a buyer. Because my first gut reaction every time I see the name Josh Gordon is a bad one.

I have Barry and Terrell Davis....

I have Gordon stashed too.

It is a shame he

can't have a beer after or during off season. Especially when suspended for Mary Jane.

Just posted a video of himself training for '16 (2016 Training Camp) https://instagram.com/p/8M7mdcwjUl/?taken-by=flashgordonxii

My god, is he ever getting shredded. His arms look ridiculous.

Good for him... I know I was riding my gravy train on this kid like crazy... Now Im just hoping for his sake, he gets his act together and plays again. He truly seems to love the game, just had a rock for brains, and hit success wayyyyy too quickly.

Really hoping he makes one of those comebacks that gets talked about on the NFL network 10-20yrs down the road.

Just posted a video of himself training for '16 (2016 Training Camp) https://instagram.com/p/8M7mdcwjUl/?taken-by=flashgordonxii

Good for him... I know I was riding my gravy train on this kid like crazy... Now Im just hoping for his sake, he gets his act together and plays again. He truly seems to love the game, just had a rock for brains, and hit success wayyyyy too quickly.

Really hoping he makes one of those comebacks that gets talked about on the NFL network 10-20yrs down the road.
Video of him working out is unnecessary. The physical part has never been in question...

Video of him working out is unnecessary. The physical part has never been in question...
Well, I guess the fact he hasn't been re-suspended despite weekly (probably) testing is also a good sign.

Let's not forget... he was suspended over A BEER this last time. A damn beer... ####.

Well, I guess the fact he hasn't been re-suspended despite weekly (probably) testing is also a good sign.

Let's not forget... he was suspended over A BEER this last time. A damn beer... ####.
when you fail 40 tests at some point the onus is on you to know and follow the rules if you want to keep your job. It may be stupid but the rules are the rules.

when you fail 40 tests at some point the onus is on you to know and follow the rules if you want to keep your job. It may be stupid but the rules are the rules.
Isn't that what I said? And isn't that what he's doing?

Soulfly3 said:

Nice to Josh working his a$$$ off. Thanks for posting this video. People all the time try to compare Josh Gordon to Justin Blackmon. No comparison, Josh at least is trying to beat his demons, while Blackmon never showed any desire to beat his.

Soulfly3 said:

Nice to Josh working his ###$ off. Thanks for posting this video. People all the time try to compare Josh Gordon to Justin Blackmon. No comparison, Josh at least is trying to beat his demons, while Blackmon never showed any desire to beat his.
Saw that same crap last season during suspension.. How's that turn out?

Soulfly3 said:

Nice to Josh working his ###$ off. Thanks for posting this video. People all the time try to compare Josh Gordon to Justin Blackmon. No comparison, Josh at least is trying to beat his demons, while Blackmon never showed any desire to beat his.
In fairness, he's been off the pot for a REAL long time now. Well over a year.

The beer doesnt worry me even one bit. It's a ridiculous rule, but a rule

But the pot being out of his life is a HUGE positive

Soulfly3 said:

In fairness, he's been off the pot for a REAL long time now. Well over a year. The beer doesnt worry me even one bit. It's a ridiculous rule, but a rule

Ehhhhhh. Booze is potentially a bigger problem than is weed. Not saying it actually is in Gordon's case, but all else being equal, alcohol is far more dangerous and addictive. And multiple alcohol-related incidents in a calendar year is absolutely another red flag IMO.

Hopefully he turns it around. The NFL is more fun with a guy so obviously dripping talent in it. I remain skeptical, though, considering the history. Just seems like he cares more about partying than playing football.

The NFL is so much better w him in it.

Wish I could've seen him torch Revis a la Talib this season. Wouldve been delish

Soulfly3 said:

The end hasn't been written yet, you can hate, I'm rooting for the kid (heard he has been getting high since he was 8 or 9 years old), that addiction has to be so strong, almost unimaginable.

Soulfly3 said:

The end hasn't been written yet, you can hate, I'm rooting for the kid (heard he has been getting high since he was 8 or 9 years old), that addiction has to be so strong, almost unimaginable.
It's quite possible to root for Gordon while also recognizing objectively that the odds probably aren't in his favor at all.

The NFL is so much better w him in it.

Wish I could've seen him torch Revis a la Talib this season. Wouldve been delish
Fans don't care about his absence from the NFL.
Uhm... Ok?
Outside of Cleveland and his dynasty FF owners, he's right.
In that case, can be said for 99% of nfl players
Well, yeah. Fan loyalty is to the teams and the league as a whole, not to individual players for the most part. You stop watching Browns games d/t the Gordon suspension?

Scares me every time this thread gets bumped. I like Gordon and think it's ridiculous what he's going through. This is like two years solitary for cursing compared to the killers and wife beaters. But every time this is up top I think he got busted.

In fairness, he's been off the pot for a REAL long time now. Well over a year.

The beer doesnt worry me even one bit. It's a ridiculous rule, but a rule

if i had a chance at a multi million dollar payday i'd probably figure out how to stop using recreational drugs too

In fairness, he's been off the pot for a REAL long time now. Well over a year.The beer doesnt worry me even one bit. It's a ridiculous rule, but a rule

if i had a chance at a multi million dollar payday i'd probably figure out how to stop using recreational drugs too
Me too. But I'm guessing that neither of us are < 25 years old and millionaires already. I'm not exactly sure what would have happened if someone had handed me a million bucks + in my early 20s, but I guarantee "busting my ### to eventually get even more" wouldn't have been too high on the list. Hell, I was broke and still spent about five years of my life bartending, partying my ### off every night and going to Amsterdam every six months when I could afford it.

I think he's going to be fine. I doubt he screws up his chance. It's pot. It's the easiest of all the drugs to quit. You just quit. No withdrawal. No nothing. The beer thing was a technicality. He's paying a unfair price for pot right now. I also think he suffered some collateral fallout from Adrian Peterson whipping his kid in the nuts with a stick and Ray Rice knocking out his woman on camera. What Adrian did was 10000000x worse than what Gordon has ever done. I think Gordon quietly comes back into the league next season and rejoins the Browns. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens right during the NBA finals or some such thing.

I think he's going to be fine. I doubt he screws up his chance. It's pot. It's the easiest of all the drugs to quit. You just quit. No withdrawal. No nothing. The beer thing was a technicality. He's paying a unfair price for pot right now. I also think he suffered some collateral fallout from Adrian Peterson whipping his kid in the nuts with a stick and Ray Rice knocking out his woman on camera. What Adrian did was 10000000x worse than what Gordon has ever done. I think Gordon quietly comes back into the league next season and rejoins the Browns. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens right during the NBA finals or some such thing.
He is walking the walk so far this year. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Anybody see any dynasty trades with him? I'm thinking of moving him and wondering what I could shoot for.
Personally I'd probably give a 3rd and want a 2nd if I've been holding him this long.

But at this point unless you really need the roster spot I'd much rather hold and wait for some good news and try and sell. Not sure his value could go down anymore than it has so it shouldn't hurt to wait, if you can.

I'm thinking to a team that is in total rebuild mode I should be able to get a WR2 for him. I'm probably over valuing him though. I tend to do that to my players. I see him as a WR2 with WR1 upside in 2016.

I'm thinking to a team that is in total rebuild mode I should be able to get a WR2 for him. I'm probably over valuing him though. I tend to do that to my players. I see him as a WR2 with WR1 upside in 2016.
Never say never, doesn't hurt to shop but IMO that would be a tough sell. Good Luck!

Never say never, doesn't hurt to shop but IMO that would be a tough sell. Good Luck!
I have asked 4 teams in my league that are basically out of it for this year about Gordon. Zero interest. Literally zero. They dont even want to use a roster spot 20 per team, 12 team league) on him.

Anybody see any dynasty trades with him? I'm thinking of moving him and wondering what I could shoot for.
Personally I'd probably give a 3rd and want a 2nd if I've been holding him this long.But at this point unless you really need the roster spot I'd much rather hold and wait for some good news and try and sell. Not sure his value could go down anymore than it has so it shouldn't hurt to wait, if you can.
i actually moved Josh Gordon as part of a deal to acquire Edelman and Gates. Jimmy Graham, Lamar Miller, and Josh Gordon

For Edelman and Gates.

I have asked 4 teams in my league that are basically out of it for this year about Gordon. Zero interest. Literally zero. They dont even want to use a roster spot 20 per team, 12 team league) on him.
That is crazy. I am in it and using a roster spot on him! And I picked him up in our free agent auction for $5 ($200 total cap and $100 FA budget)

I've been trying to get Gordon on both a contender and a retooling team with zero luck. Both 16tm leagues

Users who are viewing this thread