What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (8 Viewers)

Yeah, how dare Smith say he wishes an alcoholic and drug addict gets help.
As opposed to maybe acknowledging he HAS been getting help?

Again, I dont get what's so hard for you guys to understand he has pissed clean for TWO YEARS.

He's obviously been doing something right.

Also, alcoholic? Jesus christ...
Yeah, I'd say that anyone who puts alcohol above his career, is an alcoholic. He already had three strikes when he chose to drink last time. I know you have an uncomfortable mancrush on Gordon, but to suggest that the guy doesn't have a problem is just ridiculous.
I (literally) don't know if Gordon's an alcoholic or drug addict - but do you actually know the circumstances surrounding this last suspension?
Clearly no

Again, I dont get what's so hard for you guys to understand he has pissed clean for TWO YEARS.

Yeah, I'd say that anyone who puts alcohol above his career, is an alcoholic. He already had three strikes when he chose to drink last time. I know you have an uncomfortable mancrush on Gordon, but to suggest that the guy doesn't have a problem is just ridiculous.
I (literally) don't know if Gordon's an alcoholic or drug addict - but do you actually know the circumstances surrounding this last suspension?
I get them confused. Was it his DUI? Or drinking on an airplane? I don't remember. Only that he violated the NFL's policy for repeat offenders.

I get them confused. Was it his DUI? Or drinking on an airplane? I don't remember. Only that he violated the NFL's policy for repeat offenders.
So then no, you dont know the circumstances.

Enlighten me. Maybe it will change my mind and make me think he is no risk at all of ever having a set back. Was it cough medicine? Mouth wash? Something that had alcohol or weed in that he didn't realize?

I'm not certain on this, but I think it's 99.9% safe to say that a player is 100% within his legal right to see the results of his piss test, every time he takes one.

They're HIS medical records. So... if he failed a test, I'm 100% confident he and his agent already know.
I know that Gordon has shown multiple times that he's an idiot, but I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to know if he's smoking marijuana or not. So if he gets called for a random drug test shortly afterwards, he has a failed test. The tests are random. The results aren't.
Actually the results can be.

Tainted or mixed up samples and procedural errors are far more common than many realize.
I think we can all confidently say that if Gordon pissses another hot sample, it's because he screwed up again.
We can't say that confidently at all.

Enlighten me. Maybe it will change my mind and make me think he is no risk at all of ever having a set back. Was it cough medicine? Mouth wash? Something that had alcohol or weed in that he didn't realize?
You make a lot of strong, sweeping statements based upon incomplete information (not just here either). To make it worse you set up straw men as the only possible counter points.

It's weird.

You do understand that real life has nuance, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

You make a lot of strong, sweeping statements based upon incomplete information (not just here either). To make it worse you set up straw men as the only possible counter points.

It's weird.

Are you seriously trying to say that Gordon never had a weed or drinking problem? He was a victim of nuance?

Because THAT'S weird

Junior, did you eat paint chips as a kid? Worst brain ever
Kicked out of Baylor because of marijuana. Fails a drug test his second year in the NFL. Get arrested for DUI the following season. Tests positive for alcohol the year after that. And I said that he's a risk going forward.

Yeah, that's some crazy stuff I said. lol

Kicked out of Baylor because of marijuana. Fails a drug test his second year in the NFL. Get arrested for DUI the following season. Tests positive for alcohol the year after that. And I said that he's a risk going forward.

Well, I am positive this will NOT help, but that is NOT what people are disputing with you.

Do you ever grow tired of being a wet blanket day in, day out? Good grief.

Do you ever grow tired of getting owned in threads? Manziel, Manning....the list goes on. Would you like to dispute that Gordon is a risk also? Or did you just feel like whining? Again.

Why are you always such a #### when you respond to people?
He thinks that anyone who has a different opinion than he does is an enemy. Sounds like insecurity to me. Very few friends in real life I'd imagine.
No, I just think you are an upper tier clueless poster
And most people agree with gianmarco about you. So you should probably worry about yourself and not others. Also, be sure to come back if Gordon slips up again.

Do you ever grow tired of getting owned in threads? Manziel, Manning....the list goes on. Would you like to dispute that Gordon is a risk also? Or did you just feel like whining? Again.
You called Gordon an alcoholic because he drank on the team plane.

Discuss. Should be fun. What do you KNOW about that situation?

He also has been arrested for a DUI.

If I had a drug and alcohol history (I'd say getting kicked out of college and suspended 10 games by the NFL would qualify) and knew I was on a list of players who could not do any drugs or drink any alcohol, and I made the decision to drink alcohol on a plane, then yes, I would say I had a drinking problem.

Discuss

Why are you always such a #### when you respond to people?
He thinks that anyone who has a different opinion than he does is an enemy. Sounds like insecurity to me. Very few friends in real life I'd imagine.
No, I just think you are an upper tier clueless poster
And most people agree with gianmarco about you. So you should probably worry about yourself and not others. Also, be sure to come back if Gordon slips up again.
Why? I have said 100 times he is a giant risk of doing something stupid again to get suspended.

You don't even know what you are arguing about :lmao:

he blew a 0.09 at 3am on a holiday. That monster.

Do you know what an alcoholic would blow? Probably a 0.3

Still waiting for your info in the plane incident. Any reason you keep skipping that?

How exactly did I get owned in any of those threads? You are like a broken record who lacks the cognitive ability for reason and nuance, I try to avoid you because you are the worst and add nothing of substance ever. You just pick apart NFL players all day every day, it must be tiring, especially since it brings zero value to helping yours/our fantasy teams in scoring more points.

A constructive argument for reasonable projections for Josh Gordon in 2016 can not be had, because you'd rather play TMZ/soap opera side of things. I can't imagine devoting so much of my time to something and being so terribly bad at it.

I'm just going to ignore you

Still waiting for your info in the plane incident. Any reason you keep skipping that?
I addressed that in an edit of the post you just quoted.

Discuss

How exactly did I get owned in any of those threads? You are like a broken record who lacks the cognitive ability for reason and nuance, I try to avoid you because you are the worst and add nothing of substance ever. You just pick apart NFL players all day every day, it must be tiring, especially since it brings zero value to helping yours/our fantasy teams in scoring more points.

A constructive argument for reasonable projections for Josh Gordon in 2016 can not be had, because you'd rather play TMZ/soap opera side of things. I can't imagine devoting so much of my time to something and being so terribly bad at it.

LOL You aren't trying very hard. You're the one who attacked me in this thread. I didn't address you one time. There's an ignore feature that is excellent for people who can't resist trolling others and then get butthurt when they get destroyed afterwards, Try it.

Why are you such a #### when you respond to people :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Discuss
Umm, no, you can post it again. Not digging through your crap

Discuss
Umm, no, you can post it again. Not digging through your crap
It's three posts up. But no worries if you're too lazy. Just don't keep flapping your gums that I haven't addressed it.

I'll get it back on track.....

I heard a report that the Eagles (my team) might be interested in him. As long as it's a cheap, incentive laden contract, I'd love it. I owned him in 2013 and the guy can be amazing. Hopefully, he takes the path of a guy like Cris Carter, who went from a guy constantly making bad decisions to a hall of famer.

He wasn't allowed to have any alcohol during the 2014 season. After the last game of the year he drank a beer on the plane with his teammates thinking that the league year ended after the last game, when in reality the league year ends some time in late February or early March. It certainly was dumb of him not to know better and to make sure he followed the rules but it's clearly not a case of some one "who puts alcohol above his career" and "is an alcoholic" (necessarily).

I don't think he's without risk and he's clearly a knucklehead, but sometimes kids grow up and turn things around. Sometimes I think we all forget the things we did when we were 21-25 years old.

Maybe he will get his career back on track.. I'll certainly not be rooting against him.

He wasn't allowed to have any alcohol during the 2014 season. After the last game of the year he drank a beer on the plane with his teammates thinking that the league year ended after the last game, when in reality the league year ends some time in late February or early March. It certainly was dumb of him not to know better and to make sure he followed the rules but it's clearly not a case of some one "who puts alcohol above his career" and "is an alcoholic" (necessarily).

I don't think he's without risk and he's clearly a knucklehead, but sometimes kids grow up and turn things around. Sometimes I think we all forget the things we did when we were 21-25 years old.

Maybe he will get his career back on track.. I'll certainly not be rooting against him.
Like I said, he's a super talent. I'd love to see him eliminate the bad choices. :thumbup:

It's weird.

Are you seriously trying to say that Gordon never had a weed or drinking problem? He was a victim of nuance?

Because THAT'S weird
No that is not even close to what I am saying, but I am not surprised that you are trying to frame it that way.

JuniorNB said:
ghostguy123 said:
Ok i read it. Still very clear you are not very famiar with that situation.
I asked before for you to enlighten me. The offer still stands.
Octopus laid it out. Pretty simple. If you still feel the same way about that incident then do be it

ghostguy123 said:
Soulfly3 said:
ghostguy123 said:
Soulfly3 said:
You guys are ruining my home.
Are you too good for your home?

Soul I changed my prediction.

107, 1495, 13TDs
That's quite the uptick
107 blunts

1495 beers

13 table dances
What's his catch percentage for passes again?

Assuming 60% catch rate these numbers are prolly a bit HIGH as nobody is passing him the bud 180 times this season

ghostguy123 said:
Soulfly3 said:
ghostguy123 said:
Soulfly3 said:
You guys are ruining my home.
Are you too good for your home?

Soul I changed my prediction.

107, 1495, 13TDs
That's quite the uptick
107 blunts

1495 beers

13 table dances
What's his catch percentage for passes again?

Assuming 60% catch rate these numbers are prolly a bit HIGH as nobody is passing him the bud 180 times this season
100% catch rate. 100%. Does.....not.....miss

Users who are viewing this thread