Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

Apparently he found out that he is indeed the father of the child he had to take the paternity test for, and maybe this is his way of making sure he doesn't overreact and do something stupid. The article says he is under a lot of pressure. Maybe finding out he is a father was too much for him. I hope its that and he is able to come back.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/09/josh_gordons_sad_story_his_car.html

1 minute ago, ghostguy123 said:

In what league is Coleman even available?

He was in our league.  I drafted him, then dropped him when he broke his hand and no one, miraculously, picked him up.  I picked him back up tonight.

So....yay for me?

1 hour ago, MaxThreshold said:
4 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

Smh.  

What does this mean? :bag:

Questions like this make me shake my head...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxThreshold said:

Yeah, sorry.  I don't spend 24/7 on Twitter like you do.  I actually have a job, responsibility and a family.  You know what that is, right?  A job?  Responsibility?  Family?

At least on your tombstone they can put "Knew all the latest Internet terms".  I guess you'll have that.

:goodposting:

Squistion is welfare guy with internet access, terrible for all of us who work for a living. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

In what league is Coleman even available?

I dropped him in redraft after he broke his hand. Didnt want to use the roster spot 4-6 weeks.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

Well the good news is I picked Coleman back up. :thumbup:

Nice! 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I dropped him in redraft after he broke his hand. Didnt want to use the roster spot 4-6 weeks.

Yeah a he was cut in both my leagues - short bench, no IR. 

Sure are a lot of angry people in this thread.

Look, we all knew the risks.  It was like being a shift supervisor, putting your neck out to hire a great guy who happens to be an ex-con....who turns around and steals all the toilet paper in the place.  You know you've got to fire the guy for stealing, but dangit it's a head scratcher that the guy would risk a great job for fifty bucks worth of TP.

• Like 5

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:36 PM, TripItUp said:

second thoughts?

:coffee:

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:48 PM, TripItUp said:

How about now....ace.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:45 AM, TripItUp said:

The point is this...all those rushing to judgement on Gordon look pretty foolish now given the circumstances.

Of course, very few of those individuals will admit they were wrong, which is what makes the board go round I suppose.

:lol:

• Like 6

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:27 AM, whiskey7 said:

What circumstances? Two catches in a pre-season game? Quick, someone call Canton! :rolleyes:

The primary doubt most owners have with this guy is his ability to stay out of trouble long enough to play an entire NFL season. How does last night change that? How is anyone right or wrong this morning? I would think even the biggest Gordon apologists would realize they should wait til at least Week 5 before running their mouth. Maybe wait and see what kind of season he actually has before claiming some kind of victory.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, TripItUp said:

Fair enough, let's take a wait and see approach.

Lookin good, ace :thumbup:

• Like 1

I've never heard of anyone going to rehab for Marijuana wtf? There's no withdraw effects other than boredom, maybe a lack of an appetite, or potentialy some restlessness when trying to sleep.  People quit smoking cold turkey with ease all of the time. It's a joke that it's even considered a drug when it is proven to help with head trauma, which is also happens to be a huge issue in the NFL.  

This has to be for alcohol abuse right? 

1 hour ago, Statorama said:

Sure are a lot of angry people in this thread.

Look, we all knew the risks.  It was like being a shift supervisor, putting your neck out to hire a great guy who happens to be an ex-con....who turns around and steals all the toilet paper in the place.  You know you've got to fire the guy for stealing, but dangit it's a head scratcher that the guy would risk a great job for fifty bucks worth of TP.

If you play FF you accept risk vs cost vs value all the time. You know you're guaranteed nothing.

9 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

He had a pound of pot in his possession.

Allegedly - that's not exactly a link to CNN...

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yep you're right.

If true, that's straight outta Nate Newton's playbook. 

Lol, if the airport story isn't true ,  I'm guessing he was informed of an upcoming drug test and decided to hide in rehab. Not giving this many any benefit of the doubt anymore.  Stick a fork in him,  what a sad waste of talent. Idiot 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoUnG GuNz said:

I've never heard of anyone going to rehab for Marijuana wtf? There's no withdraw effects other than boredom, maybe a lack of an appetite, or potentialy some restlessness when trying to sleep.  People quit smoking cold turkey with ease all of the time. It's a joke that it's even considered a drug when it is proven to help with head trauma, which is also happens to be a huge issue in the NFL.  

No, i doubt alcohol is the issue. He's going to rehab just to help his case in the future.

The whole thing is ridiculous. You're right--- no one goes to rehab for marijuana. It is safer and not habit-forming like opiates that many NFL players use.

Legalize it.

Full disclosure: I don't even smoke weed (anymore)

On August 26, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Soulfly3 said:

I am a proud daddy. 

Where the haters at!?!?!? 

On August 26, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Soulfly3 said:

Honorary mod status, pls. 

On August 26, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Soulfly3 said:

Why are so many of my old friends neglecting this thread all of a sudden? :lol:

Clowns

On July 29, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Soulfly3 said:

changing what subject? I won. Gordon will be back this season, by week 5. Despite months and months of knowledgeable members saying otherwise 

Despite being told countless times that Roger wouldnt even HEAR his appeal for months. Dion Jordon. Etc Etc.

The commish literally bent the rules for Gordon. I feel like a millionaire. You cant bring me down

On July 30, 2016 at 4:32 AM, Soulfly3 said:

You can't come into my thread and tell me I'm not a hero. 

The masses would argue otherwise

On August 1, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Soulfly3 said:

shocked you visited the thread after swearing up and down he was never playing another snap again

Just on 2 random pages :lol: 

The SoulCurse is real. Please never use it again. These are real lives you are brining down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sebowski said:

Just on 2 random pages :lol: 

The SoulCurse is real. Please never use it again. These are real lives you are brining down. 

And now that he looks like a fool once again, he's back in hiding. That one was easier to predict than idiot-Gordon smoking weed again.  

7 hours ago, GregR said:

Who is putting together the sign up list for the Soulfly suicide watch?

Tre Mason - check

Josh Gordon - check

You have to admit, he knows how to pick them. The best part is that I'll probably jump on the next train that arrives to the station ... :bag:

9 hours ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Nope.  I just prefer to not be labeled as a terrible human being for having an opinion about a football player in a forum that is specifically designed for people to post their opinions on football players.  I certainly don't agree with a lot of your football opinions but that still doesn't give me the right to make personal attacks on you.  The other poster doesn't know me--you don't know me--so let's keep baseless and blind personal attacks out of things.  I've stated my opinion on Josh Gordon in this thread--and the only thing I should have to defend is my opinion of him. I have no desire to- nor should I be in a position to have to defend myself against personal attacks from people that have no idea who I am.  I also have no desire to derail this thread.  Let's just agree to keep things about Josh Gordon. 

Nobody called you a terrible human being.  I was questioning your ability to formulate conclusions, examine details, and identify meaningful parallel situations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YoUnG GuNz said:

Ya it's bizarre.  Wonder if he picked up a nice little poppy habit while running with Mansziel.  Bc if you go back itt, there are tons of reports from the local media that he is never out drinking and partying and none of them believed he had a substance abuse issue.  So either he had them all fooled or they were downplaying for some reason.

Just now, jurrassic said:

So is everyone dropping him?  I know.  I just can't quit him

I just dropped him for Aaron Hernandez...  Huge upgrade - in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

And now that he looks like a fool once again, he's back in hiding. 

Hiding. Yes. Because I wasn't posting last night in this thread.

Grow up

• Like 2

#### this #### mother ####er #### if all to hell son of a ##### #### face loser #### for brains

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Grow up

Grow up?  Bwahahaha.  Gordon scores one preseason touchdown and you're calling everyone out by name.  You just suffered the greatest kick in the teeth in the history of this board and you pop in for one lame joke and then hide the rest of the night.  Time to eat your crow boy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

Grow up?  Bwahahaha.  Gordon scores one preseason touchdown and you're calling everyone out by name.  You just suffered the greatest kick in the teeth in the history of this board and you pop in for one lame joke and then hide the rest of the night.  Time to eat your crow boy.

I like how he played the "all joking aside, I hope he really does get help" card

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jurrassic said:

So is everyone dropping him?

I doubt he plays at all this season. We're not even sure he'll be on the roster when this is over. And even if there's a slim chance he comes back in November, he'll be lacking the very generous advantage of being with the team (that was at Goodell's discretion during the suspension, he didn't have to give him that). Rehab is about interrupting habits and avoiding triggers, so it's not like he's going to spend the next month working out and studying a playbook.

Edited by LittlePhatty

5 hours ago, dtroitkid said:

No, i doubt alcohol is the issue. He's going to rehab just to help his case in the future.

The whole thing is ridiculous. You're right--- no one goes to rehab for marijuana. It is safer and not habit-forming like opiates that many NFL players use.

Legalize it.

Full disclosure: I don't even smoke weed (anymore)

Well we can assume it's not pot because it's not addictive and there's no way someone would risk a multimillion dollar career for a purely recreational herb, right?

1 hour ago, jurrassic said:

So is everyone dropping him?  

I dropped him for Steve Smith within minutes of the announcement.

As others have said, I doubt he plays again this year (if ever). The timing seems a bit strange that he decided to go into rehab one week before he is eligible to be reinstated. I think more will come out of this story, whether it's because he failed a random test right before reinstatement or he had weed and/or booze in his system and decided not to go through with the test.

Dropped him for Michael Thomas.

Even if he does comes back later, i don't think he'll be in shape to be relevant at pro level.
He's going to miss to much training. And im also thin at WR with the injuries of Decker and Marvin Jones hamstring.

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Grow up

Rofl...Go back and read the last 2 years of your posting in this thread and then take your own advice....Do we need to remind you of your 2nd hand smoke arguement or any of the 100s of other clown act positions you stuck to?  How about the back patting once there was any hint of things going your way after being wrong for months in a row?  Grow up?  I agree

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Grow up

You've been a good sport about it. :thumbup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cvnpoka said:

Nobody called you a terrible human being.  I was questioning your ability to formulate conclusions, examine details, and identify meaningful parallel situations.

Pretty sad that you aren't able to have an opposing point of view about something as meaningless as fantasy football without the need to make personal attacks.  You think that that formulating conclusions about somebody that you have never met solely based on his opinion of a football player is a shining display of "examining details, and identifying parrallel solutions"?   Just stop trolling and  keep your opinions to football in this forum.  I have no desire to go back and forth with you and to derail this thread. Good day. 

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Grow up

You put on a clown show for two years, you deserve everything you're about to get.

• Like 1