What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (14 Viewers)

I'm fine to hold him, just don't see the need to keep talking about him when he's not even reinstated.
I completely disagree with this. Opinions vary on how valuable he might be but keeping up on this might allow some to get a jump on other league mates on rostering him in case he is reinstated so I'm all for keeping up on the conversation.

Here's a fun idea. 

If he's reinstated for week 3, and begins playing right away. I guarantee 1000yds

If not, I leave. For good. THAT confident, considering I kno a lil sumthin
You need to clarify what the "if not" relates to... the reinstatement? him playing right away? him reaching 1000 yards?

I have Megatron on one deep Zealots roster (for now)...keeping Josh Gordon around seems more reasonable than that at least.  If Gordon isn't reinstated in the next month I'd say it's time to cut bait in all formats though.

Cant hurt to hold him if you have him or grab him up if you have the room

Kid is a special talent on the field, off the field that's another story.

Let's try something. What are the odds that Gordon plays and assuming he plays, the chance he can achieve greatness again?  I will go first:

odds of reinstatement:  5%

odds of playing great if reinstated: 75%

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd beg you to pick him up...

But I know you already have ;)
I just picked him up last night as a free agent in one of my dynasty leagues and stashed him on my IR since I have an open slot.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Didn't he claim he was going to get reinstated a couple years ago too?  I'm hoping someone in my league believes it and drops somebody decent I can scoop up

Well I hope he gets another chance.  I like the guy but doubt he knows he'll be back in a couple weeks.  Aldon Smith posted the same thing a couple times too and still waiting for that to happen.  For leagues that have room to stash a guy then by all means take a chance but I wouldn't drop another end of the roster sleeper for him. 

My guess is if Gordon posted something about being back in a couple of weeks that it means he can apply for reinstatement in a couple of weeks and in his mind he will get reinstated at that time.  At this point I have no idea how likely he is to finally get reinstated but I'm willing to hold him for a couple more weeks.

Well he said he was targeting the Colts game on the 24th, so that must mean he is reinstated some time the week of the 18th.  Just have to carry him for two weeks and likely miss two waiver wire runs.  Is it worth it?  I guess that depends on who emerges in these next two weeks.

At this point since I claimed him in our post draft initial waiver wire run, I feel the secret is out and somebody else in my league would pick him up if I dropped him to try to stash a lotto ticket playing in week 1 or 2.  Guess I just need to hold.

Seems like not much chatter lately.  I get for those dynasty teams with 30-50 player rosters, he's a hold.  But for those of us in redraft with shorter 5-6 player benches, who is going to drop him before Sunday and hope to sneak him through waivers and get him back later in the week?  I just can't justify keeping him over some of these potential upside RBs that everybody is talking about.

Pick a page, any page, since the day he got suspended. Read it. That's what's going on in here.
:lol:  Just did some quick checks. 

At this point, maybe we can shift the conversation back to his prospects going forward. Does Cleveland release him? Is there a plan in place to keep him out of trouble?

I wonder if the switch will ever go on in Gordon's head. He continually says that being on the football field is his home, or that it feels like joke or whatever. But he continues to do dumb #### that keeps him off the field.

This is probably his last shot to make it right and I hope this time it hits him. With no reduced suspension, no TRO, no CFL. Just living with the suspension.

I always felt in interviews last year that he was fairly well-spoken and seemed much smarter than his actions has indicated thus far in his career.

Oh well we will see..

no matter how this ends i'll be so sad once it is gone

in the 2019 season i'll bump this to remind us all of the good old days of josh gordon

This guy just doesn't get it and likely never will until he's out of the league. Million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

When I saw this thread on page one, I thought for sure I was going to open it and read he's been popped for something else.

That's why I'm a seller instead of a buyer. Because my first gut reaction every time I see the name Josh Gordon is a bad one.

I'm holding and I can't stash him on IR. I'm in the middle of a rebuild and probably won't be a contender until next year, so I figure he has a better chance of putting me over the top in 2016/17 than any WR4/5 that I stash on my roster.

Just posted a video of himself training for '16 (2016 Training Camp) https://instagram.com/p/8M7mdcwjUl/?taken-by=flashgordonxii

My god, is he ever getting shredded. His arms look ridiculous.

Good for him... I know I was riding my gravy train on this kid like crazy... Now Im just hoping for his sake, he gets his act together and plays again. He truly seems to love the game, just had a rock for brains, and hit success wayyyyy too quickly.

Really hoping he makes one of those comebacks that gets talked about on the NFL network 10-20yrs down the road.

He's 24yrs old. For dynasty purposes, yes... he's still top 3

I'm not worried about all that other crap. If it happens, it happens.

This is maddening. 

Rumor is Gordon is on his way to meet w Goodell/NFL right now

Gordon is one of the top 2 or 3 must have lottery ticket players this season.

Hue Jackson has had a nice run in Cincy he completely rejuvenated the offense. He has his work cut out for himself with Cle but they are  playing the 11th easiest schedule.

He's the best flyer pick I can think of..

Definitely worth reaching for 

Looks like Soulfly may have his revenge after all. NOW, he has to stay CLEAN. Until it is legalized. I sold him for a 2017 1st but I don't regret it. Even if he blows the top off the thing, I just dont want to deal with the headache. But by no means am I hating on him. Hopefully he has things figured out. And he takes the coverage away from my man Corey Coleman!

If you are still a Gordon owner, you don't get to complain that your lottery ticket didn't pay off. You knew the risk. You likes to daydream about when he came back, and tore it up, and OMG UPSIDE.

At least you find out now, and can clear the roster spot. 

But you don't get to rage about how dumb he is. You swing for the fence, and missed.  No big deal.

If Goodell has proven anything, it's that he has basically unlimited power when it comes to adjudication, and can suspend anyone he wants.

Also ran in to this :oldunsure:  

I hereby solemnly vow the following for Week 15:

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.

Also ran in to this :oldunsure:  
That game: 4 catches, 45 yards.  Yet scroll up above and you see that he's back.

I want to believe, but I have a feeling that it is futile.  I also think if I drop him, the league won't be fighting over him.  And if I want him back, I'll probably have to outbid perhaps one other league mate who still thinks the dream is alive.

Seems like not much chatter lately.  I get for those dynasty teams with 30-50 player rosters, he's a hold.  But for those of us in redraft with shorter 5-6 player benches, who is going to drop him before Sunday and hope to sneak him through waivers and get him back later in the week?  I just can't justify keeping him over some of these potential upside RBs that everybody is talking about.
who are you dropping him for?

Users who are viewing this thread