What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

"We've been informed of the league's decision to reinstate Josh," Browns executive vice president Sashi Brown said. "The personal well-being of all our players is of the utmost importance to us. We respect and commend Josh for taking the steps necessary to have the opportunity to return to the league. Josh will be in our building in the coming days and we look forward to having him back and sitting with him to discuss his future on our team."

I'm of the belief that the Browns are done with him, and that there's a 2% chance he ever sees the field in a Browns uniform.  We'll see, but I've never heard anyone from their organization talk about getting him back on the field, because I don't think they have any desire to deal with him any further.

Taking the chance with him, I am 5-3 should make the playoffs.

Got some room.......goin all in....goin HARD

"We've been informed of the league's decision to reinstate Josh," Browns executive vice president Sashi Brown said. "The personal well-being of all our players is of the utmost importance to us. We respect and commend Josh for taking the steps necessary to have the opportunity to return to the league. Josh will be in our building in the coming days and we look forward to having him back and sitting with him to discuss his future on our team."
This doesn't sound good.  

I'm of the belief that the Browns are done with him, and that there's a 2% chance he ever sees the field in a Browns uniform.  We'll see, but I've never heard anyone from their organization talk about getting him back on the field, because I don't think they have any desire to deal with him any further.
I agree. I'm surprised they didn't trade him. Maybe there were no offers.

I am pulling for the guy to have a successful career and be a healthy person. When I wasn't watching Saints games I must have watched almost every Browns game I could in 2013-14 just waiting to see Gordon get the ball (he brought me a championship or three in 2013). But he has some ghosts in that facility. It would have been nice to have seen him transition somewhere else like BUF, NYJ, or any WR needy team. The worst thing is he has no playbook knowledge, he has no association with his QB, he can't be in good football condition, and other players ahead of him have earned the time. So even if he stays on the team he will likely sit or be set up to fail (IMO).

Should be the most traded player in dynasty by this weekend. If I'm an owner I take whatever I can get for him now so I at least get value out of holding him the last 3 years or so before he screws up again

I am pulling for the guy to have a successful career and be a healthy person. When I wasn't watching Saints games I must have watched almost every Browns game I could in 2013-14 just waiting to see Gordon get the ball (he brought me a championship or three in 2013). But he has some ghosts in that facility. It would have been nice to have seen him transition somewhere else like BUF, NYJ, or any WR needy team. The worst thing is he has no playbook knowledge, he has no association with his QB, he can't be in good football condition, and other players ahead of him have earned the time. So even if he stays on the team he will likely sit or be set up to fail (IMO).
Not sure this matters relatively speaking. After all no one on this team really has any association with the QB. After all, do we really even know who it will be from one day/quarter to the next?

The Browns are cursed.  If Gordon has any chance of making it back to the player he was, lets hope they trade him in the off season to a WR needy team with a good supporting cast/front office.  I'm placing a zero FAAB bid on him in hopes of him turning it around next year (keeper league).

Should be the most traded player in dynasty by this weekend. If I'm an owner I take whatever I can get for him now so I at least get value out of holding him the last 3 years or so before he screws up again
Surely 3 years worth of a roster spot has to be worth more than whatever you can get. Seems like if you held his far you hold now. Upside is worth more than the lowballs that will be forthcoming.

It's the Browns.  Despite all of that, it'll be this: looks great in practice, about to be activated, comes down with a staph infection, placed on IR.

Then why were you holding him all this time in the first place?

Surely 3 years worth of a roster spot has to be worth more than whatever you can get. Seems like if you held his far you hold now. Upside is worth more than the lowballs that will be forthcoming.
All depends on the league, I assume he was owned in pretty much every dynasty league. Posters have mentioned having IR spots where you can keep a suspended player or very large leagues where there isn't anybody that good on waivers.  In those leagues I even would have held onto him for this long because theres so many people that think a guy that has messed up countless times plus hasn't played actual football for 3 years can just show up and be some crazy good player again plus not get into trouble for the zillionth time so there was the chance his value rises pretty quick. And it literally just did but why would you keep holding a guy that has been worthless to you for 3 years and has astronomical risk and a very small chance of being even a decent player anymore when you can probably turn him into a second round pick or something similar

I'm not going to pick him up for redraw this year...

...but my dynasty team is partying hard tonight!

Josh is not invited though...

:suds:
Make him DD, he deserves to be there.

As a dynasty owner, welcome back Josh.
First of all, I am really rooting for Josh, and I'm glad that he has accomplished this much...

...but...

...if you think I am gonna load my entire team onto a bus...after a party...with him behind the wheel... :drive: ...

...then you must be mad!  :excited:

Seriously, I have only owned him about a year...bought him in a multi-player deal as an "added piece" last year...a few days before he was supposed to return. :doh:

I have been too proud to drop him and concede a loss. Now, I am really going to investigate his trade potential...on his own, and as an "add-on".

If I don't get any good offers, then I'll hold and hope for the best.

Like congratulations to anyone that held him for this long to get him CONDITIONALLY reinstated, your move and smarts has paid off as you can now trade a pretty much worthless player for something of value. You just wasted 3 years of a roster spot if you don't though

Users who are viewing this thread