What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (6 Viewers)

I'm actually somewhat aghast/offended by that claim, WheelsUp.

I mean... folks know what they're getting from me, homerism. I'm a Browns fan. and a JG fan. I've never hid this. What I say in this thread is 50% schtick and 50% honest homerism. 

You're getting worked up over some dudes having a laugh on a website for slobs who dont have the ability to play real football, themselves. 

I dunno... I dont get it. Aliases. :lol:  What do I need an alias for? 
For what it’s worth I’ve always taken you as 80% schtick & 20% homerism, which adds up to 100% entertaining. Plus you’ve been a good sport about getting your chops busted, so respect.  :thumbup:

At least Kizer can hit the deep ball and the Browns are so terrible they will need to throw a lot. Coleman is coming back too, even muddier waters, if you waste a spot on this guy especially in short bench leagues it makes me flabbergasted to say the least. We will know more after Week 13 and when he can practice. But to put in your fantasy lineups? Chances are if you will do that, you might not make your playoffs anyways with that type of team management. FWIW, I'm aghast/offended that one who publicly said they would not post here again if something didnt happen, and when that didnt happen, he went against his own word and continue to post. While that is your right, it goes completely against your credibility...also, a user which name begins with "O" is an alias. I am not here for your schtick, to even admit to it then be offended by those tired of it and then act all innocent about having alias is kinda odd. Its odder to admit to schtick on a site then accuse others of caring too much to get worked up? People of the internet confuse me. Downplay it, as this site is littered with your angry rants after each suspension from Gordon and those who disagreed. You are not above schitck, but you are above alias for when that schtick gets your account in trouble? But do your thing, I just want to make sure people judge your remarks with the correct credibility. Which honestly, is none on this topic. No hard feelings as I am not getting worked up, just pointing out for those catching the thread late. Thats about all I have on a popular character in this thread who isnt Josh Gordon. I wish the best for Gordon, I have no prob with weed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oojays is NOT my alias, nor do I know who it is. 

You guys really gotta give that up. 
Oh jeez louise...next thing you'll be telling me is that your real name isn't Soulfly3!

WHAT CAN I BELIEVE ANYMOOOOOOOOOORE!?!?!

Put the pipes down, kids. This is FAKE FOOTBALL.

I Think Wheelsup is Soulfly3's alias :thumbup:

Someone must have pissed in his fruit loops.

Anyway, saying "Chances are if you will do that, you might not make your playoffs anyways with that type of team management"  isn't a fair assessment by any means.  I think its great team management if you have the roster space.  Sometimes talent alone takes over and obviously talent-wise Gordon is special. You can question his mentality all day but you cant question his talent.  Guy has put up MONSTER games when on the field.  He has put up some duds as well (so has MOSS, MEGATRON etc). 

If you have a bye or the space on the bench you pick him up and wait to see how it pans out.  Its not like Cleveland is a WR factory with talent in front of him.  Maybe he plays week 13 and goes 4 for 70.  On playoff bye week 14 he goes 6 for 90.  You bet your ### I'm putting him in my flex week 15.  If I lose because of him its fantasy football, I play to win and I've seen the numbers he has the potential to put up.  Maybe just maybe he comes in and shows some of that talent that he has shown in the past.  He wouldn't start over my Thomas or Green but he could definitely go in my flex over the likes of an Allen, Coleman or Duke Johnson.

If Gordon steps right in and produces at his 420-pages of hype level, then the NFL can throw away OTAs, training camp, preseason, practice, etc.

I seem to recall the last time he hit the field after a "vacation"... 1st game was a splash, and regressive trickles after that.

If Gordon steps right in and produces at his 420-pages of hype level, then the NFL can throw away OTAs, training camp, preseason, practice, etc.

I seem to recall the last time he hit the field after a "vacation"... 1st game was a splash, and regressive trickles after that.
I realize we ARE talking about the Browns here...but we aren't talking about getting EVERYONE working together. We are talking about getting 1 person up to speed on what the other 70 are already doing (albeit poorly)

I'd take a free end of the bench potential SPLASH after dropping bye week fill in fodder. I clearly am not the only one. He can light up (see what I did there?) my bench (not my opponents line up) on my bye week playoff week and leave me with a tough decision to make if he'd like. 

I realize we ARE talking about the Browns here...but we aren't talking about getting EVERYONE working together. We are talking about getting 1 person up to speed on what the other 70 are already doing (albeit poorly)

I'd take a free end of the bench potential SPLASH after dropping bye week fill in fodder. I clearly am not the only one. He can light up (see what I did there?) my bench (not my opponents line up) on my bye week playoff week and leave me with a tough decision to make if he'd like. 
Isn't he already in the building?  IIRC suspended players are now allowed to be at the team facilities and in meeting rooms.  I don't think he is allowed to practice but I could be wrong.

He's busy running 4.3 40's
I have no idea about the veracity of Cabbot's comment about Gordon's 40 but I am not sure why it seems weird to people that a team would make a player do drills. Particularly one returning after such a long absence.

When a team brings in players to consider signing them off the waiver wire do we think they just have a nice lunch and talk football concepts?

I have no idea about the veracity of Cabbot's comment about Gordon's 40 but I am not sure why it seems weird to people that a team would make a player do drills. Particularly one returning after such a long absence.

When a team brings in players to consider signing them off the waiver wire do we think they just have a nice lunch and talk football concepts?
Or him proving his elite athleticism is still there.  Gordon's way of saying, I am ready and here to play

Gordon is still just 33% owned in Yahoo and 25% in ESPN.

When is the wave of adds going to come? My guess is the week of week 13, especially in short bench leagues. In dynos he is being scooped up quicker than in redraft.

FWIW, why the two randos come to Soulflys defense? I noticed that they have the same strange word usage and capitalizing of random certain words as Soulfly does, dont they? Idk, judge for yourself. Both have also strangely came to his aid and really care about his alias? Whatever, you are right, you have no alias cluttering this thread. Moving on.

Gordon is and always will be a poloraizing player, not because of his talent but because he cant stay on the field and being reinstated and having his fan club come to rescue on these boards dont guarantee he cant keep his will power high.

Just flipped him for $4 FAAB so made a nice profit without even having to sweat it pretty happy with that

Traded him in another for a 3rd next year and Brett Hundley since I have Rodgers on IR.

Gonna try to move him in the other leagues too.

FWIW, why the two randos come to Soulflys defense? I noticed that they have the same strange word usage and capitalizing of random certain words as Soulfly does, dont they? Idk, judge for yourself. Both have also strangely came to his aid and really care about his alias? Whatever, you are right, you have no alias cluttering this thread. Moving on.
Which "randos" would those be?

Gordon is still just 33% owned in Yahoo and 25% in ESPN.

When is the wave of adds going to come? My guess is the week of week 13, especially in short bench leagues. In dynos he is being scooped up quicker than in redraft.

Gordon is and always will be a poloraizing player, not because of his talent but because he cant stay on the field and being reinstated and having his fan club come to rescue on these boards dont guarantee he cant keep his will power high.
YEAH well your just a "rando" as well if you put it that way.  At the end of the day were all rando's bud. 

I do think you would make a lousy detective though.  I am not even a big fan of Gordon or the Browns for that matter.  I just think he is a talented player that messed up and I like to see talented players succeed.  I remember seeing Randy Moss just dominate CBs on the deep ball and can appreciate players along the same skill level. 

He's what 26? Guy struck out plenty of times.  Hopefully he's got his #### straight.  I have an easier time rooting for kids caught up in  alcohol or a plant that grows naturally then someone who beats women.

Which "randos" would those be?
Is he talking about me? Haha...I don't spend too much time in here, but have been a member in here for a decade or so. Laid off now that I quit dynasty. That said, who in their right mind (perhaps this is where I need to get off this train) would have aliases in here, let alone multiple? Sign in, post, sign out, sign in with another name, post, respond, defend, sign out, sign back in to retort, sign out to sign in again with another....If I want to talk to myself, I'll just do it out loud and save all the signing in and signing out....NOW who's the crazy? It's barely worth having ONE ACCOUNT on these boards when it means having to deal with wackos like Wheelsup. :)

Is he talking about me? Haha...I don't spend too much time in here, but have been a member in here for a decade or so. Laid off now that I quit dynasty. That said, who in their right mind (perhaps this is where I need to get off this train) would have aliases in here, let alone multiple? Sign in, post, sign out, sign in with another name, post, respond, defend, sign out, sign back in to retort, sign out to sign in again with another....If I want to talk to myself, I'll just do it out loud and save all the signing in and signing out....NOW who's the crazy? It's barely worth having ONE ACCOUNT on these boards when it means having to deal with wackos like Wheelsup. :)
Quit talking to yourself again Soulfly3, go take your meds.

So we are now talking about aliases in Josh Gordon thread... kind of wondering why we aren't passed the thousand pages yet?

Anyway talking about Josh, I have already received offers for Gordon and I don't know what is good, what is bad? I have no idea about the price at the moment, but it's hard to sell as you could be having a elite caliber guy you are selling too soon or a guy who is not going to play at all. This is way out of my fantasy football expertise... if I even have any...

So we are now talking about aliases in Josh Gordon thread... kind of wondering why we aren't passed the thousand pages yet?

Anyway talking about Josh, I have already received offers for Gordon and I don't know what is good, what is bad? I have no idea about the price at the moment, but it's hard to sell as you could be having a elite caliber guy you are selling too soon or a guy who is not going to play at all. This is way out of my fantasy football expertise... if I even have any...
Nice. I own him in several dynasty leagues and have nobody inquiring.

I'd sell. What were you offered?

Also I’m calling bull#### on a 4.3 40. Let’s keep it real here folks. :rolleyes:  
Well I just had to look this up.

It was in Gainesville, personal training, not at Brown's camp.

- He's always had everything in the toolkit. But people should realize that Campbell and Weeden (yes) did better with Gordon in 2013 than McCown did in 2014. Let's just say Gordon wasn't on his routes. - I honestly thought Kizer had a nice deep ball in preseason but in RS he has seemed to miss a lot. 

People know not to offer me anything for Gordon, cuz I wont take it. 
It is funny in one league I bought Gordon for a 3rd back in when there were rumors about reinstatement back at the beginning of the season. When it was announced he would be reinstated a couple weeks ago that same owner offered me the 3rd round pick back for him. I :lmao:

Gordon to have more yards than I have aliases in his first game back.

Essentially, 200yds/2tds

I hereby solemnly vow the following for Week 15:

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
#NeverForget

msudaisy26 said:
It is funny in one league I bought Gordon for a 3rd back in when there were rumors about reinstatement back at the beginning of the season. When it was announced he would be reinstated a couple weeks ago that same owner offered me the 3rd round pick back for him. I :lmao:
He/she is doing you a favor.  I'd take it before he fires up a bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread