What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (12 Viewers)

Was cruising along headed for a playoff spot.  Added this guy to my roster and proceeded to put up an 0-7 week.  Was 43-20, now 43-27 and sitting in the last playoff spot.  At least 10 of those wins came from the waiver wire and my least bench spot.  I knew adding this guy was a horrible idea.  His bad karma is sucking my whole team down the crapper.

Browns coach Hue Jackson said Josh Gordon is on track to resume practicing Monday.

That's the first day he's eligible to practice, though Gordon has been attending team meetings for the past week. "He's doing well. In building every day, on time for everything," said Jackson. "Smile on his face. He's a pleasure to be around." Gordon is aiming to return against the Chargers in Week 13. If he plays, it would be his first regular season appearance since 2014.

JIMGET said:
Until his next bump?
In a way, I feel bad for Gordon. He gets a lot of negative press in here. I wonder if it is people really thinking Gordon is just a loser who will never make it, or if Soulfly is just turning him in to the Lonzo Ball of the FFA?

In a way, I feel bad for Gordon. He gets a lot of negative press in here. I wonder if it is people really thinking Gordon is just a loser who will never make it, or if Soulfly is just turning him in to the Lonzo Ball of the FFA?
Well, his problems are self inflicted.....nuff said.  He's lucky he's getting a 5th chance....Hope it works out for him.  

Well, his problems are self inflicted.....nuff said.  He's lucky he's getting a 5th chance....Hope it works out for him.  
Exactly. He certainly doesn't deserve an ounce of anyone's pity. All that talent and he was dumb enough to screw it up time after time. While he may be on the NFL's all-time unintelligent list, he doesn't seem like an unlikeable guy. I'd like to see him stay clean and succeed. 

She's such a hack. Just looking to report anything so if Gordon goes down she can say she was "reporting" it beforehand. Restaurant, more of a bar, restaurant, bar. Just name the ####### place. Or maybe that will just make her article more stupid.

which spot was it?

most of the places on W 25th are more of a bar atmosphere that happen to serve food.  
Haven't seen it cited. 

Pretty good grub down there at these "bars". Sign me up for some Town Hall. That'll be my guess too. Maybe he had the munchies. Soho, the Italian place...

Haven't seen it cited. 

Pretty good grub down there at these "bars". Sign me up for some Town Hall. That'll be my guess too. Maybe he had the munchies. Soho, the Italian place...
yeah there's a lot of great places. 

the Flying Fig is one of the best restaurants in Cleveland.  

but Town Hall is a bar.  

The only thing that began is the countdown to his next suspension, know how I am sure...history.

That being said, I hope he can prolong it for a few weeks so I can see if he still has talent.

I'd like to see him play out the season before his next screw-up. Be interesting to see if he still has anything special on the field. 

I finally did it. I added him in my redraft league. He’s been rostered in my IDP for a month+ but no one wanted him in a PPR redraft. 

I’d like to apologize to  @Soulfly3 in advance - the last 3 times I’ve had Gordon rostered he’s gotten suspended on the eve of his return. 

So I’m not optimistic. 

3-way tie for 1st in my division. Gordon slides in at Flex next week. He’s either my savior or a boat anchor that drags me to the bottom. Again. :doh:  

god why can’t i get off of this train. 

:tfp:

Last edited by a moderator:
rostered in both my leagues since reinstatement.... trying to get an expectation for what is possible week 13.... i reviewed that states from his first game back in 2014 he had 16 targets 8rec-120 yds... he got worse each week (targets, yards rec all dropped off)... but that is an insane stat line in his first game back.  I don't think you can correlate any of that from 3 years ago since coaches, qb's etc. is all different now... but it shows what is possible.

It will be very interesting to see what the coaching staff says after practices next week, if there is any hint that he will be starting and receiving a 80+% snap share, I think you have to start him unless you have better (WR2 or better) options

Users who are viewing this thread