What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (8 Viewers)

Got 10+ targets and 85 yards with multiple TD chances?  Sounds like he is starting material.

Now just need to decide between him, ab, Jeffery, thielen, Robby Anderson, Crabtree, Robert woods, and Crowder.

Eh, I'm dropping Crowder 

Last edited by a moderator:
He's okay. Lots of guys get 8 points in fantasy. Kind of a let down today, all things considered
Against the best secondary in football. 85 yards wasn't bad, and overthrown on one deep and underthrown on one where he beat coverage. 

It wasn't what everyone hoped for, but it was a solid day.  He's generally one of the best players on any field he steps on. 

Let's hope for the kid that he stays sober. Fantasy is one thing; I just want to see him on the field for the next four years of his prime.   

Got 10+ targets and 85 yards with multiple TD chances?  Sounds like he is starting material.

Now just need to decide between him, ab, Jeffery, thielen, Robby Anderson, Crabtree, and Crowder.
AB, Jeffery, Thielen if your league is three WR. Kizer looks bad. 

What a monster game he coulda had.

he was better than Ginn so I’m thrilled with what I got.

next week is do or die. Win and I’m in. You bet your sweet #### Gordon is in my lineup. 

Kessler, lol. 

at least Kiser has the potential to push the ball down the field. 

Kessler somehow got weaker in his second year.  
I'm not saying Kessler has QB of the Future potential but he's is a better NFL QB than Kizer by an order of magnitude.

Gordon's big season came with Hoyer, Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden all, effectively career backups, Kessler, as a rookie, completed 66% of his passes for 7.1ypa last year on 195 attempts with 6 TDs and 2 INTs all of which are right on par with what those other schlubs manage on their careers. And that is without Josh Gordon. Look at what Kizer has done on 300+ attempts so far: 53%, 5 TD, 14 INTs, 5.8 ypa. And it's not like the Browns had more talent last year.

So I think your theory that Kizer has more ability to "push the ball down field" is not supported by facts.

Kessler may suck, he probably does (even if his rookie numbers suggest otherwise), but Kizer is worse, by a fairly substantial margin.

He looked a lot better than i thought he would.  Doesnt look like he lost a step at all.  Out of football shape and out of sync with Kizer by a huge amount.  Both things to be expected, but i didnt expect him to have maintained the elite athleticism.  But he has.

4 catches out of 11 targets

Rest of team 11 out of 21.

What happened to the 100+ 1td guarantee? Another failed prediction

#neverforget
You, and @Sebowski, really need to reevaluate your position on @Soulfly3. He has a harmless/shticky enthusiasm for Gordon, an amazing physical talent that is understandable to root for to turn his life around, and it seems that only a very limited number of people have difficulty accepting that and moving on. 

I mean, you're probably shticking too but it really comes across as trying to get over on @Soulfly3. And, really, what is to gain from that course?

He might have the worst starting QB in the league and hasn't played football in like 3 years. This was well above average.
Yeah - that’s seeming like his floor. After 1 week of practice together. 

And two errant throws away from a 6/150+/2 day. :o  

And that’s against one of the best secondaries in the NFL. 

Hes in my lineup at flex next week.

Per PFF, Casey Hayward allowed 76 yards in coverage against Josh Gordon. That’s the 7th-most yardage Hayward has allowed in a single game from 2015-17. Unreal.

I was going to say that Bazinga!'s shtick was as bad as Soulfly's, but Chaka beat me to it. 

It was a heck of a day, all things considered. Now let's all hope the young man turns his life around.  

I'm not saying Kessler has QB of the Future potential but he's is a better NFL QB than Kizer by an order of magnitude.

Gordon's big season came with Hoyer, Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden all, effectively career backups, Kessler, as a rookie, completed 66% of his passes for 7.1ypa last year on 195 attempts with 6 TDs and 2 INTs all of which are right on par with what those other schlubs manage on their careers. And that is without Josh Gordon. Look at what Kizer has done on 300+ attempts so far: 53%, 5 TD, 14 INTs, 5.8 ypa. And it's not like the Browns had more talent last year.

So I think your theory that Kizer has more ability to "push the ball down field" is not supported by facts.

Kessler may suck, he probably does (even if his rookie numbers suggest otherwise), but Kizer is worse, by a fairly substantial margin.
not trying to defend Kizer, but his arm talent is miles above Kessler's.  

About More yards than Julio, Evans and Diggs combined this week... 

But we're in here crapping on Josh Gordon :lol:
You're the one with the boring shtick running your mouth about 100 yards and a touchdown guaranteed. You can't set the bar and then cry like a little girl when your boy doesn't reach it and you get called out on it. We all get that it's your special little shtick and you think you're clever, but live by the sword die by the sword. They're not crapping on Gordon, there crapping on you.

There are people that don't have Soufly on ignore yet?

Oh, and please stop quoting him, you're making my pages much longer than they need to be.  It's kinda cool to only have to read 12 replies on a page.

There are people that don't have Soufly on ignore yet?

Oh, and please stop quoting him, you're making my pages much longer than they need to be.  It's kinda cool to only have to read 12 replies on a page.
I would never put him on ignore. This is gone back since 2014. He has about a 0% accuracy rate on his predictions for Gordon. The fun part is watching the excuses after every game

I'm not surprised and that's why Josh Gordon is on my fantasy football roster.  This has been done before, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, and Ricky Williams all had year or years off and came back and played at elite levels.  Keenan Allen missed over a year and came back strong this year too.  Josh Gordon did put up stats in limited pre-season action in 2016.

Josh Gordon reeled in 4-of-11 targets for 85 yards in Sunday's Week 13 loss to the Chargers.

Hue Jackson said that Gordon would not only start, but "play a lot" and he delivered on that promise as Gordon had five more targets than any other Cleveland player. While the efficiency was lacking per target, only Odell Beckham posted more yards receiving against the Chargers than Gordon did on Sunday. Gordon flashed the size and speed combination that made him one of the most exciting young receivers in the league prior to his transgressions off the field. He skied over Casey Hayward on a 28-yard reception in the first half and then added a 39-yard catch and run in the second half where he shed multiple tackles. It wasn't a perfect day for Gordon, but it was more than enough in terms of volume and ability to put him on the radar as a usable receiver for fantasy next week against the Packers.

You're the one with the boring shtick running your mouth about 100 yards and a touchdown guaranteed. You can't set the bar and then cry like a little girl when your boy doesn't reach it and you get called out on it. We all get that it's your special little shtick and you think you're clever, but live by the sword die by the sword. They're not crapping on Gordon, there crapping on you.
What is wrong with you? This was a great start. You're not already in the playoffs, don't complain. Do better. This guy is a lottery ticket and scored 8.5 standard. Thielen scored 5.1 today. 

Josh Gordon reeled in 4-of-11 targets for 85 yards in Sunday's Week 13 loss to the Chargers.

Hue Jackson said that Gordon would not only start, but "play a lot" and he delivered on that promise as Gordon had five more targets than any other Cleveland player. While the efficiency was lacking per target, only Odell Beckham posted more yards receiving against the Chargers than Gordon did on Sunday. Gordon flashed the size and speed combination that made him one of the most exciting young receivers in the league prior to his transgressions off the field. He skied over Casey Hayward on a 28-yard reception in the first half and then added a 39-yard catch and run in the second half where he shed multiple tackles. It wasn't a perfect day for Gordon, but it was more than enough in terms of volume and ability to put him on the radar as a usable receiver for fantasy next week against the Packers.
"usable" 

:lmao:

More like total stud.  

What is wrong with you? This was a great start. You're not already in the playoffs, don't complain. Do better. This guy is a lottery ticket and scored 8.5 standard. Thielen scored 5.1 today. 
It was a nice start.  Not great.  8.5 points is far from great. I had him on my bench. I hope he has 18.5 next week. If I was going by Soulfly's predictions, he had a terrible game. Big let down. He called himself the Wide Receiver Whisperer. Gordon couldn't even outscored Dez Bryant this week, and that was the big prediction he kept hanging his hat on.

It was a nice start.  Not great.  8.5 points is far from great. I had him on my bench. I hope he has 18.5 next week. If I was going by Soulfly's predictions, he had a terrible game. Big let down. He called himself the Wide Receiver Whisperer. Gordon couldn't even outscored Dez Bryant this week, and that was the big prediction he kept hanging his hat on.
I don't understand how people can't figure out the hyperbolic nature of Soulfly's posts and treat them seriously. Let's look at Gordon for what he is: a freakish talent on a terrible team with a terrible QB. Can he help you out if you're in a WR3 league? Sure. 

They certainly fed him the ball.
I hope they keep doing it. I've got two great stories about guys that beat odds and turned their lives around at WR in Thielen and Hill; I'd love to have another in Gordon.  

I hope Hill has turned his life around, that is. I can't be sure.  

Now just need to decide between him, ab, Jeffery, thielen, Robby Anderson, Crabtree, Robert woods, and Crowder.

Eh, I'm dropping Crowder 
Might as well. He keeps dropping footballs. 

You, and @Sebowski, really need to reevaluate your position on @Soulfly3. He has a harmless/shticky enthusiasm for Gordon, an amazing physical talent that is understandable to root for to turn his life around, and it seems that only a very limited number of people have difficulty accepting that and moving on. 

I mean, you're probably shticking too but it really comes across as trying to get over on @Soulfly3. And, really, what is to gain from that course?
:lol:  @ you being on board for SoulCurse's shtick but taking me serious when I go at him. Me and Curse are good. We go way back to the Balotelli days. I just need to keep him in check every once in a while. Dude was dead wrong on Gordon already. Gordon copped to lying to everyone during his last comeback. The lies that SoulCurse swore to us were the truth. Gordon played him. Nice that he is sticking by his man now. Tammi Wynett would be proud. But now here we are and as the great Joe Strummer said, the future is unwritten. Gordon is the only WR of my 7 on my only dynasty I actually drafted. I'm big time on board here for the big guy. 

I was on a plane all day, so I liked all the talk in here today. I really hope this isn't like this very damn Browns game though. There is a game thread for that stuff.

The future is written for me: championship.  
This is my best chance. I am smoking the league. But it's football. I'm nervous. 

FYI my ppr starters

Wilson

Gurley & Kamara

Julio, Cooks, and Jeffrey

Kroft (my only weak link unless Reed ever gets healthy)

Streaming Ds (deep league though. Hoarding Skins, Bears, and Panthers for this run

I'm worried now. Didn't see the game but, if Gordon is as good as is being implied, he could screw up ad win a game for Cleveland, putting the top pick at risk. It isn't worth it this season.

Users who are viewing this thread