What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

The only wide receiver with more than 85 receiving yards against the Chargers this year was Odell Beckham. Josh Gordon hit that today after not playing football for three years.

The targets were unbelievable, and the total ignoring of Corey Coleman even though Gordon was primarily covered by Haywood was telling.

The only logical conclusion was the last 4-5 games they are showcasing Gordon for a trade, although his history has to make it a conditional pick....

My thoughts.

The only wide receiver with more than 85 receiving yards against the Chargers this year was Odell Beckham. Josh Gordon hit that today after not playing football for three years.
If that was your standard, you probably should have tempered your predictions for him. You were wrong. We all understand your shtick, but if want anyone to take you seriously, admit when you're wrong, brush yourself off, then come back and try to do better. 

If that was your standard, you probably should have tempered your predictions for him. You were wrong. We all understand your shtick, but if want anyone to take you seriously, admit when you're wrong, brush yourself off, then come back and try to do better. 
It's a posting from an NFL beat writer. Not me.

But please, continue. 

I sort of can't wait until next week when I'm on bye because of 8.5 points solidly in the bank at FLEX.  

Shtick aside, this was a fine game, and a fine performance. Those two deep balls are eating at me, though. 

I also have Crowell on my team. This figures to get all those players out of the box as they'll have to roll safety coverage over to Gordon. 

Win-win.  

I sort of can't wait until next week when I'm on bye because of 8.5 points solidly in the bank at FLEX.  

Shtick aside, this was a fine game, and a fine performance. Those two deep balls are eating at me, though. 

I also have Crowell on my team. This figures to get all those players out of the box as they'll have to roll safety coverage over to Gordon. 

Win-win.  
Yeah, if Gordon's 85 yard performance was the best by a WR in the history of the NFL, Crowell's 44 yards should put him in consideration for a first team All-NFL award.

Yeah, if Gordon's 85 yard performance was the best by a WR in the history of the NFL, Crowell's 44 yards should put him in consideration for a first team All-NFL award.
You're awfully contentious about this. Did either of these players #### your wife?  

Ive been reading this thread for like two years. Props. However, you said he would help Coleman and he made him nonexistant. I blame you. You are welcome.
Im shocked about Coleman. And chalk it up to SDs pass DEF and Kizer sucking. 

As someone who started Coleman in a PPR, I feel the pain 

I admit that I was wrong about him and missed the boat. Owned him last year and vowed never to be burned again by him. Having Coleman on my team, I let some other team pick him up in waivers in early November. It remains to be seen whether he can stay clean, but anyone can see how immense Gordon's talent is - literally a giant among men.

Gordon is still lazy and showed it on the second to last play where he dogged it and took 20 seconds to run his lazy butt off the field.  

Additionally, on the long pass he caught he had the entire right side of the field open.  The JG from three years ago would have taken that to the house but the 2017 version didn't test the deep safety and took it back inside and got run down.  

I don't know if he has, lost some speed, some confidence, or if he was gassed late in the game but the 2014 JG would have turned on the jets and scored going away.

Gordon is still lazy and showed it on the second to last play where he dogged it and took 20 seconds to run his lazy butt off the field.  

Additionally, on the long pass he caught he had the entire right side of the field open.  The JG from three years ago would have taken that to the house but the 2017 version didn't test the deep safety and took it back inside and got run down.  

I don't know if he has, lost some speed, some confidence, or if he was gassed late in the game but the 2014 JG would have turned on the jets and scored going away.
:lmao:

had him in his rookie year in a keeper league, dealt him away, traded back for him, dropped him, tried to pick him up, he was suspended and just got back into the saga again a few weeks ago....took a flyer on him with my last roster spot hoping he'd get a shot and do something.  I thought the chances that I could use him in the playoffs was maybe 5% but after seeing him make those catches against a very good pass defense I think the likelihood that I use him is now over 50%...he looks great

He was definitely gassed yesterday, which is completely normal. 

Still dragged a defender 10yds downfield on that last catch. Freak. 

I think you should go back and rewatch that last catch.

Obviously lost a step, Kizer wasn't overthrowing Fuller at ND. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0NmV03xf9Q  

Sarcasm right?

If you could take away all suspension risk, I'm not sure how this guy isn't a top 20 dynasty WR right now.  He's not that old at all - and on that team he's sure to get plenty of garbage time stats.

If you could take away all suspension risk, I'm not sure how this guy isn't a top 20 dynasty WR right now.  He's not that old at all - and on that team he's sure to get plenty of garbage time stats.
Top 20? With no suspension risk? He'd be top 3 for even the biggest hater. 

He's 26yrs old. 

Josh Gordon on Instagram today :

"I gotta be better this week" 
My observations:

Simple slant tackled quickly to start the game. 

Had a false start but it wasn’t called, deep route out of the slot 2nd Q should have been a TD, blew by the S.

Stop route, Kizer sails it over his head.

Hit him on a shallow cross.

Deep route over Hayward, good throw & nice catch by Gordon, best play of the day.

5 straight incompletions to the 2nd half: 

Should have been a pick 6 drop by Hayward, looked like a poor read by Gordon who kept running.

Deep jump ball, good play by Trevor Williams to break it up.

Derp overthrow but he wasn’t open.

Underthrown comeback route, Gordon was double covered.

End zone target, good throw by a Kizer, great job by Hayward to knock it away.

Garbage time deep cross, 39 yarder. Pretty much classic Gordon we remember from 2013.

Last comeback he came out with something like 29 targets the first two weeks, 8-120-0 & 7-75-0. FF playoffs starts: 2-15, 3-48, 4-45, zero TDs.

Top 30 with upside, could blow up, obvious risks due to poor QB play. Right now (pre-MNF) he’s WR25 for Week 13, probably finish WR27-28. Great matchup this week, def startable Championship Week @CHI, probably won’t be putting him in my lineup for the semis v. BAL.

ETA: ^^ redraft ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 20? With no suspension risk? He'd be top 3 for even the biggest hater. 

He's 26yrs old. 
Well, likely better than top 20 - but I wouldn't go anywhere near top 3 with his current QB situation, and the complete unknown of what it could be. 

That said, that really doesn't make him much different than Odell Beckham - no one knows who his QB will be next year. 

I still love the guy focusing on the announcer who said that Hayward doesn't respect the deep route. 

He beat them on deep routes three times.  

Admittedly blanketed on one. 

This guy can't start over Thielen and Hill for me in Wk 15, but if things change...

Was keen to watch this game (as I have Keenan Allen as well).  My observations:

• Is the same equivalent size/speed freak that Julio is.  May even be a bit bigger.
  • The connection between him and Kizer was predictably scattershot.
  • With that said, it's clear that Kizer (and the rest of the Browns) obviously saw enough in practice to already make him an, if not THE, offensive centerpiece.
  • His last catch, the 39 yarder...he literally stiff armed Hayward for 10 yards before getting brought down.
As for his Week 14-16 outlook, he's going to be the primary option on a team that has a good shot at garbage time production.  Hue Jackson could not contain his excitement in the lead up to yesterday's game.  He's going to be thrown to no matter what.  He's a WR1.

Well, likely better than top 20 - but I wouldn't go anywhere near top 3 with his current QB situation, and the complete unknown of what it could be. 

That said, that really doesn't make him much different than Odell Beckham - no one knows who his QB will be next year. 
I'd put him somewhere above Julio and Beckham and below Robbie Anderson and Dez.

eat - Best comparison would be a Ted Ginn with less mileage.

With zero suspension risk he'd be top 15 or so today, and only because there's a QB question.  He's probably very quickly top 5.  But there's not zero suspension risk, it's going to remain very high (oh yes I did) for a long time.

I really loved what I saw from Josh Gordon this week. He went up against a really tough secondary and had the most successful game vs the Chargers that any wr with the exception of Odell Beckham did in his first game back.

When you consider that this will most likely be Gordon’s toughest game on the schedule, not only is he playable but he could flirt with wr #1 numbers here on out. Bottom line, is Josh Gordon will be a factor down the stretch

AB
Hopkins
OBJ
Evans
Julio
Michael Thomas
Tyreek Hill
AJ Green
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen

That's 10 pretty easily over him today with no suspension risk but it's almost not even worth ranking it because it's the most fluid situation in the league right now.  If he shows signs of 2013 or if they solve the QB issue he could be top 5 in a flash in there with AB/Hopkins/OBJ/Evans.  But no way I give any of those guys for him today.  He's a lifetime member of the Roger Goodell Whatever I Wanna Do of the Month Club.

AB
Hopkins
OBJ
Evans
Julio
Michael Thomas
Tyreek Hill
AJ Green
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen

That's 10 pretty easily over him today with no suspension risk but it's almost not even worth ranking it because it's the most fluid situation in the league right now.  If he shows signs of 2013 or if they solve the QB issue he could be top 5 in a flash in there with AB/Hopkins/OBJ/Evans.  But no way I give any of those guys for him today.  He's a lifetime member of the Roger Goodell Whatever I Wanna Do of the Month Club.
He won't ever get suspended again. Next screw up and he'll get a permanent ban like Justin Blackmon did. 

AB
Hopkins
OBJ
Evans
Julio
Michael Thomas
Tyreek Hill
AJ Green
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen

Tyreek Hill has had domestic violence issues. 

AJ Green has been suspended

OBJ has had similar incidents as AJ

The often broken WRs

Keenan Allen

Mike Evans

OBJ

Julio

On that list the only slam dunk until tonight is AB. Josh Gordon carries the same risk of missing the rest of the season as any players on your list. 

The often broken WRs

Keenan Allen

Mike Evans

OBJ

Julio

On that list the only slam dunk until tonight is AB. Josh Gordon carries the same risk of missing the rest of the season as any players on your list. 
Nonsense.  The others aren't addicts who could have a relapse and decide to get high or drunk any day.  And if the any of the others happen to fail a pis* test, they will get 4 games. Gordon is banned for life. 

The often broken WRs

Keenan Allen

Mike Evans

OBJ

Julio

The same risk? He is a weekly risk to be done for life. You literally hold your breath hoping he doesn’t make the same mistake for the 5th time. 

Users who are viewing this thread