What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (5 Viewers)

Yeah, in all seriousness, Gordon is a huge dynasty risk. Addicts relapse, alcoholics are even worse. If he's being tested, any sip of alcohol ruins him. That's a tough proposition. 

My observations:

Simple slant tackled quickly to start the game. 

Had a false start but it wasn’t called, deep route out of the slot 2nd Q should have been a TD, blew by the S.

Stop route, Kizer sails it over his head.

Hit him on a shallow cross.

Deep route over Hayward, good throw & nice catch by Gordon, best play of the day.

5 straight incompletions to the 2nd half: 

Should have been a pick 6 drop by Hayward, looked like a poor read by Gordon who kept running.

Deep jump ball, good play by Trevor Williams to break it up.

Derp overthrow but he wasn’t open.

Underthrown comeback route, Gordon was double covered.

End zone target, good throw by a Kizer, great job by Hayward to knock it away.

Garbage time deep cross, 39 yarder. Pretty much classic Gordon we remember from 2013.

Last comeback he came out with something like 29 targets the first two weeks, 8-120-0 & 7-75-0. FF playoffs starts: 2-15, 3-48, 4-45, zero TDs.

Top 30 with upside, could blow up, obvious risks due to poor QB play. Right now (pre-MNF) he’s WR25 for Week 13, probably finish WR27-28. Great matchup this week, def startable Championship Week @CHI, probably won’t be putting him in my lineup for the semis v. BAL.

ETA: ^^ redraft ^^
Great info for those of us that didn't get to watch the game. Thanks for that. I'm in the semi's. Bye in wk 14. In your opinion is he a start over Dez Bryant wk 15 in a 1 pt ppr league. Dez could just as easily throw up a 3-40 line against Oakland.

Tyreek Hill has had domestic violence issues. 

AJ Green has been suspended

OBJ has had similar incidents as AJ

The often broken WRs

Keenan Allen

Mike Evans

OBJ

Julio

On that list the only slam dunk until tonight is AB. Josh Gordon carries the same risk of missing the rest of the season as any players on your list. 
lol no

Top 20? With no suspension risk? He'd be top 3 for even the biggest hater. 

He's 26yrs old. 
Uhhh... no. He hasn’t played particularly well even when he’s been on the field — neither a single TD nor 100 yard game in the games he’s played the past 4 years. He’s on a complete joke of a team with a hugely unstable offensive system and QB situation. 2013 is a loooong time ago.

Davon House size wise is a decent matchup for him. He just shadowed and played really well vs Evans sunday.

Id still start JG over most guys-- just saying. 

@KyleKellyCLE 

#Chargers CB Casey Hayward said on @SiriusXMNFL that #Browns WR Josh Gordon has been his toughest matchup all year. Hayward has faced Odell Beckham Jr., Dez Bryant, Brandin Cooks, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Tyreek Hill, and Alshon Jeffery all this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting JG over Mike Evans just this week.  Green Bay is a good matchup for him and Mike Evans will be shadowed by Slay in Detroit.  It may sound stupid but I just can't trust Evans right now.    

Gordon in over Dez although might be rethinking that now with Jenkins on IR for the Giants. Probably still Gordon. Higher ceiling.

Good for wr35 on the year or sanu. That does get the lid off my pickle jar. 
1st game back after years, he scored 11 more points than Ginn, who I would have run out at flex. 

I expect better & better as he gets in practice with Kizer & the team. 

I’m not quite @Soulfly3 level of excitement yet, but 11 targets, including a couple deep shots (one of which was a TD if he hadn’t been overthrown) and I’m damn excited. 

Starting him, yes.

but over my RB3s and WR3-4 at flex.

why would you bench Baldwin? :confused:
Eh, I don't think it's crazy. You can justify starting a talented guy seeing a 30%+ market share over most players. Baldwin has cracked 20% once in the past month. I don't know why but he disappears. Gordon isn't going to disappear. Kizer doesn't go through his reads and Hue told him to throw to Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I don't think it's crazy. You can justify starting a talented guy seeing a 30%+ market share over most players. Baldwin has cracked 20% once in the past month. I don't know why but he disappears. Gordon isn't going to disappear. Kizer doesn't go through his reads and Hue told him to throw to Gordon.
I think the point here is that Baldwin YTD is 14th in targets, 13th in catches, and anywhere between 13th-16th in fantasy points. If you have three other WRs who are big enough studs to even consider benching Baldwin, your team is most likely so strong that you don't need to be rolling the dice on Gordon.

I mean, sure, if I'm the 6-seed this week and a 25-point underdog, I'm starting Gordon over Baldwin all day long. But that's a matchup-based decision, not something I'd do in a vacuum.

I’m depending on him this week. Starting him for the first time. I wasn’t smart enough to last week. 

PPR

Starting Gordon and Demaryius at flex. Tyreek and Thielen are my WR starters.

Benched flex options:

Jimmy Graham (starting Engram at TE)

Duke & Barber (Kamara & McKinnon starting at RB)

That's my thought for now.

Skeletore Eh said:
who is everyone starting Gordon over or benching Gordon for?
My biggest fear is I'm starting him in so many leagues I'm just worried that something like an early game injury exit, which to me is more likely then him actually having a bad game, basically killing off about 80-90% of my fantasy season just like that.

I just took a look and I got 13 teams this weekend in national type big money contests that are total points weeks 14-16 against anywhere from a few hundred to over a thousand teams. That format is unforgiving, at least if you are dreaming of a big win. I got him penciled in on 11 of those 13 teams this weekend.

I got 3 dynasty teams that did not get a bye. Gordon will be starting on two of them.

So in total I got 16 leagues that this weekend matters and he is penciled in 13 of those lineups.  I loved what I saw from him last week but the potential negative to my fantasy seasons makes me nervous to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread