What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (8 Viewers)

It actually is.  Many people suffer physical withdrawal symptoms when they stop cold.  That is factual based on evidence.   Also based on what I have seen first hand.

You just learned something new, so now you dont have to sound so ignorant while trying to trash others on this subject.
Thank you.

I realize everyone is "different." And yes I agree pills may be worse. But that was not my point. Don't know anyone here personally, but I am fairly certain I have smoked as much pot in my lifetime as most people here (unless you are Tommy Chong or Cheech Marin).If someone else went from smoking every day for DECADES to stopping cold turkey and had no physical side-effects, well then I genuinely congratulate them. For me it was different.

True, however like you also said, drugs affect people differently when both using and then not using.  
Fair enough--sorry to hijack this thread with my personal pot smoking experiences. Fortunately, my kids (both in college) have no idea just how much their old man partied (and for how long). Also fortunate they don't read this forum. LOL. 

Fair enough--sorry to hijack this thread with my personal pot smoking experiences. Fortunately, my kids (both in college) have no idea just how much their old man partied (and for how long). Also fortunate they don't read this forum. LOL. 
Another thing people dont seem to realize is that all weed is NOT created equal.

Not that it matters but anyone who thinks it's okay to get high and drive probably makes bad decisions about having a couple drinks and driving home too.

Weed = good 

But let's not get stupid now.

It actually is.  Many people suffer physical withdrawal symptoms when they stop cold.  That is factual based on evidence.   Also based on what I have seen first hand.

You just learned something new, so now you dont have to sound so ignorant while trying to trash others on this subject.
No, it’s not. Possible psychological addiction, but zero physical addiction. You could not be more incorrect. 

way to make a false claim while condescendingly trying to school me.  :rolleyes:

no one suffers physical withdrawal from marijuana because it’s not physically addictive.

thats a medical fact. Now you’ve learned something new. And now I’ll put you on ignore. 

http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/19/is-marijuana-addictive-it-depends-how-you-define-addiction/

Last edited by a moderator:
He's been clean for years you numbskulls. 
Yes, but I wonder if they have him on any antidepressants or anti-anxiety meds.

”clean” usually means no illicit substances. 

But i’d read that Gordon had both anxiety & depression. That’s certainly worth considering. 

As ive said, I’m rooting for him. 

Not that it matters but anyone who thinks it's okay to get high and drive probably makes bad decisions about having a couple drinks and driving home too.

Weed = good 

But let's not get stupid now.
I agree with that. I said I did when I was young. 

Older me thinks I was an idiot for that, but it didn’t impair me.

but like all things, it effects different people differently. So I agree - don’t smoke & drive. 

I agree with that. I said I did when I was young. 

Older me thinks I was an idiot for that, but it didn’t impair me.

but like all things, it effects different people differently. So I agree - don’t smoke & drive. 
You're in a ~3,000 lb metal box at ~40 mph; any impairment is a danger to the public.

I think one important distinction is that if you get someone slobber-knocking drunk and put a knife in his/her hand you really don't know what's gonna happen and most options are bad.  But if you get someone as high as they can possibly get and put a knife in their hand they're gonna make a sandwich.  

So weed>>>>alcohol

But you were impaired (me too) don't lie to yourself.

No, it’s not. Possible psychological addiction, but zero physical addiction. You could not be more incorrect. 

way to make a false claim while condescendingly trying to school me.  :rolleyes:

no one suffers physical withdrawal from marijuana because it’s not physically addictive.

thats a medical fact. Now you’ve learned something new. And now I’ll put you on ignore. 

http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/19/is-marijuana-addictive-it-depends-how-you-define-addiction/
Maybe you should learn to read the link you posted, or at least learn how to interpret it.  Wow, just wow.

Maybe you should learn to read the link you posted, or at least learn how to interpret it.  Wow, just wow.
Maybe you should talk to a medical professional sometime. 

There’s no physical addiction. You should learn the difference between physical & psychological.

wow. Just wow. 

Back on ignore ya go. 

""In this view, the paradigm for addiction is heroin: the shaking, puking heroin junkie who can’t quit because the withdrawal sickness is impossible to bear. Because marijuana cessation is not linked with such severe symptoms, the drug isn’t seen as physically addictive. And considering that most people view physical addiction as uncontrollable, but psychological addiction as manageable with proper willpower, marijuana tends not to be regarded as addictive in general.""

So if you don't curl up in a ball shaking and sweating, it's not considered to produce any physical withdrawal?  :wall:

Well, ok then. You got me.  

I suppose increases in blood pressure, pulse, nausea, vomiting, headaches, and visible anxiety/restlessness aren't physical signs and symptoms.  

I speak to medical professionals every day because I AM one, and I work in this field.  

I thought one of the silliest things said was that you would get high and drive but you weren’t impaired. When I was young I made the mistake of drinking and driving sometimes. I would squint one eye and at the time felt like I wasn’t impaired. But since I am an adult I know better. 

And in the first paragraph of the link you posted to prove weed isn’t addictive it says- “addiction experts tend to agree that pot is addictive”

I thought one of the silliest things said was that you would get high and drive but you weren’t impaired. When I was young I made the mistake of drinking and driving sometimes. I would squint one eye and at the time felt like I wasn’t impaired. But since I am an adult I know better. 

And in the first paragraph of the link you posted to prove weed isn’t addictive it says- “addiction experts tend to agree that pot is addictive”
1. Drinking alcohol is not smoking pot. You shouldn’t drink or smoke & drive - but I have driven when I was young, among other things, and suffered no motor skills impairment. There’s debate over whether it effects motor skills. 

2. Weed is paychologically addictive for some people - it is not physically addictive. There is no withdrawal.

maybe read what I said instead of interpreting it differently. 

it is not physically addictive. There is no withdrawal.
I have personal, first-hand experience to the contrary. Smoke virtually every day for decades and then stop cold turkey. You won't sleep. You will crave it. You will be REALLY cranky and irritable. And you will also have some really wicked/intense dreams when you actually do sleep. After a couple of weeks those symptoms dissipate. But they were most certainly real for me. 

I have personal, first-hand experience to the contrary. Smoke virtually every day for decades and then stop cold turkey. You won't sleep. You will crave it. You will be REALLY cranky and irritable. And you will also have some really wicked/intense dreams when you actually do sleep. After a couple of weeks those symptoms dissipate. But they were most certainly real for me. 
I quit cold turkey after smoking daily for 20+ years. I slept like a baby.

different people, different physiology & different experiences. 

I don’t dispute your account - some folks have a very active brain & pot mellows it. It’s the same reason they use it for people with anxiety. 

At the same time pot makes some people anxious - a good friend of mine doesn’t have anxiety but when he’d smoke when we were kids he’d get hella anxious. So he didn’t like weed.

everuone is wired a little differently. 

But in general, the consensus is that pot is a psychological addiction, for those who get addicted. And only a % of people do with herb, as compared to sauce cocaine or heroin, which people get strung out on. Or even alcohol, where people go through DT’s & can die from withdrawl. 

Hopwfully that’s more clear. 

WTF is going on in here? SouldFly's schtick is bad, but it sure beats the hell out of listening to potheads arguing over who knows more about pot.

WTF is going on in here? SouldFly's schtick is bad, but it sure beats the hell out of listening to potheads arguing over who knows more about pot.
Come on man, you can't seriously complain about a lack of substantive posts in a Josh Gordon thread. He had one good season 5 years ago, the mere fact that there's still any talk about him at all is mind boggling in itself. 

This happened to me. Weed suppresses REM sleep which is when you do most of your dreaming. When I quit I was dreaming so ####### hard, it was intense.. too intense. 
I quit and still didn’t dream vividly. Kind of a bummer - I would have liked that. 

Where did you hear weed suppresses REM sleep? 

My dad was prescribed CBD tablets, and he said he started to get intense dreams afterwards. 

My friend’s wife had herb so she could eat while going through chemo & said it helped the nausea & she slept like a rock. 

I hear lots of stuff - hard to know what’s individual & what’s general for the population. 

Interesting. 

I’m not a pothead. I smoked when I was younger.

it relates to this topic because Gordon quit & someone asked whether his sobriety would hurt his performance, since Gordon said he was high every game. 

I'm mostly interested in whether I think Pitt v Cle will be a high scoring game (it will). And if I have the nerve to start Gordon over Adrian Peterson when Gordon may be on a snap count. 

Please stop with the weed impairment talk. It's ruining my high. 

I'm mostly interested in whether I think Pitt v Cle will be a high scoring game (it will). And if I have the nerve to start Gordon over Adrian Peterson when Gordon may be on a snap count. 

Please stop with the weed impairment talk. It's ruining my high. 
I bet the over.

I’m at a rib coockoff in Reno. Every year it’s a week before the season, so I “invest” some of my profits in “sports futures”. 

lol

at 46.5 it seems like a lock - PIT D isn’t that awesome, CLE could be better than we think, but that’s a pretty approachable number considering the improvement to the CLE offense, regardless of how well Gordon performs off the bench.

puff puff pass, homie. ;)  

I'm actually worried about how dominant his left hand is on these catches.  He really needs the left hand on top.  A weird thing.  A small thing.  But the devil is in the details.

Users who are viewing this thread