What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

I'm mostly interested in whether I think Pitt v Cle will be a high scoring game (it will). And if I have the nerve to start Gordon over Adrian Peterson when Gordon may be on a snap count. 

Please stop with the weed impairment talk. It's ruining my high. 
I'm starting him over Marshawn, Alfred Morris & Chris Carson.

I'm starting him over Marshawn, Alfred Morris & Chris Carson.
 A fairly easy call for everyone except Marshawn lynch. 

The only thing that concerns me is that he’s not starting the game. We have no idea how many snaps he’s going to be used on, and it’s tough to predict production based on limited use. 

Seems like a somewhat risky play this week over a starting running back is pretty much guaranteed at least 15 touches. 

A fairly easy call for everyone except Marshawn lynch. 

The only thing that concerns me is that he’s not starting the game. We have no idea how many snaps he’s going to be used on, and it’s tough to predict production based on limited use. 

Seems like a somewhat risky play this week over a starting running back is pretty much guaranteed at least 15 touches. 
Thanks but I have difficulty trusting analysis from someone who doesn't think smoking weed and driving causes (caused) him impairment to his motor skills.

:P :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I have difficulty trusting analysis from someone who doesn't think smoking weed and driving causes (caused) him impairment to his motor skills.
 I never got in an accident.  Never got a ticket. Never even came close. 

And now 30 years later, it has nothing to do with my fantasy football advice.

Nice cheap shot though. You & Gordon were made for each other. :yes:  

so the narrative went from "he failed another test, cuz this is very fishy" to "once you smoke pot, you're addicted for life"

Sigh. 

Really looking forward to this wknd

so the narrative went from "he failed another test, cuz this is very fishy" to "once you smoke pot, you're addicted for life"

Sigh. 

Really looking forward to this wknd
Can't get here soon enough. 

Waiting with bated breath to see what Crow and Powell do, which will be Monday night.  

Season Possibilities:

1. Takes another voluntary absence. I don't see why this would be anymore surprising than the last time.

2. Nagging injuries keep him sidelined. Dealing with hamstring now, not sure how close to "football" shape he is. Instagram pics are different than football shape IMO.

3. Gets suspended again. Historically speaking this is probably most likely. 

4. Plays 16 games and is a productive football player. Would love to see what a healthy 16 game season would look like.

They are in the order that I would project most likely. I hope for the best as he is a generational physical specimen and the NFL is more exciting when he is on the field.   

Season Possibilities:

1. Takes another voluntary absence. I don't see why this would be anymore surprising than the last time.

2. Nagging injuries keep him sidelined. Dealing with hamstring now, not sure how close to "football" shape he is. Instagram pics are different than football shape IMO.

3. Gets suspended again. Historically speaking this is probably most likely. 

4. Plays 16 games and is a productive football player. Would love to see what a healthy 16 game season would look like.

They are in the order that I would project most likely. I hope for the best as he is a generational physical specimen and the NFL is more exciting when he is on the field.   
Yeah, probably in that order. :sighs: 

I never got in an accident.  Never got a ticket. Never even came close. 

And now 30 years later, it has nothing to do with my fantasy football advice.

Nice cheap shot though. You & Gordon were made for each other. :yes:  
Easy now. I was kidding about the football analysis part (fixed my post to make that more clear).

But I am surprised to see you keep doubling and tripling down on being wrong. Getting away with it >< unimpaired. You know that, buddy.

Gotta say that I am thrilled to have Gordon on my team this year. He is fun to watch and easy, for me, to root for.

And if he does even 65-70% of what he is capable of doing it will make me look like more of a genius than everyone already knows I am.

You know it. You know you know it.

Easy now. I was kidding about the football analysis part (fixed my post to make that more clear).

But I am surprised to see you keep doubling and tripling down on being wrong. Getting away with it >< unimpaired. You know that, buddy.
I do know that. 

But as I said - I also played fingerstyle guitar / ragtime (which takes quite a bit of motor skill function) and partly put myself through college winning pool tourneys & sharking at my local dive bar for 4 years - which also takes high motor skill function.and video games require motor skills & sharp reflexes as well. I exclelled at all 3. (Still good af video games, but thanks to slight arthritis my guitar playing has suffered, and I haven’t had time to keep my pool skills sharp in over a decade) 

i am by no means advocating driving while high. Not at all - I specifically said people should not do that. 

But give me a stoned driver over a drunk driver any time. 

And with stoned drivers I’d be more worried about distractions than motor skill issues. 

Speaking of, I’d take a stoned driver over a 17 yr old (or 37 yr old) texting & driving, too. ;)  

just say no, kids.

Back to Gordon, and how this relates, he said he played every game high. I think it’s fair to wonder of playing sober (or on any relevant anti-anxiety meds) will impact his game for better or worse. 

It’s also fair to wonder if the stress of playing will be too much for him. He already voluntarily checked himself out in the preseason. 

As a 5th round pick I’m wondering if that risk was truly priced in. 

Yeah, Hot Sauce, whether you knew it or not, you were impaired. 
I never said I wasn’t. I fully acknowledge that I was impaired. 

I said my motor skills weren’t effected. 

Theres a difference. 

If anything, the times I was dumb enough to drive with a buzz, I was 10x more focused & careful & drove the speed limit - which is about 15 mph slower than I normally drive. 

I never said I wasn’t. I fully acknowledge that I was impaired. 

I said my motor skills weren’t effected. 

Theres a difference. 

If anything, the times I was dumb enough to drive with a buzz, I was 10x more focused & careful & drove the speed limit - which is about 15 mph slower than I normally drive. 
Yeah, izzz all cool. 

Josh Gordon (hamstring) is participating in Monday's practice.

This was always the expectation. Gordon is not going to start against the Steelers, but he is fully expected to play. That snap uncertainty makes him a risky WR3 play in redraft leagues but a great tournament option in DFS.

Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter 

Sep 3 - 11:26 AM

Ryan Burns‏ @FtblSickness

FollowFollow @FtblSickness

Ryan Burns Retweeted Fred Greetham

Seeing this dude in person the first time was such a revelation. He's bigger, smoother, faster and quicker than everyone else. Like, exponentially. I'll never get over it.

Ryan Burns added,

Fred Greetham @FredGreetham

#Browns Josh Gordon returns to practice with the new look wide receivers.

8:24 AM - 3 Sep 2018

Drafted yesterday and I wanted no part of the Gordon circus.  

12 team league, 10th round and it forced my hand.  Now I'm in Gordon's world...FML

I don't believe Josh was ever lauded for his football smarts.  He was lauded for being bigger stronger faster than everyone else.  By all reports that is still the case.  Unless a football flying through the air is going to make him think of his favorite brownies and induce crying... he should be good.
Yep.  Something tells me by week 4 everyone is going to remember how dominant he is.  The guy is a mini-Moss (and I believe he actually has the second longest per catch average behind only Moss).  There is an incredible amount of risk but the potential reward is equally huge.  It's just a game, might as well swing big.  Gordon, Reed, Luck, these are the guys who can turn a team around in fantasy.

Really looking forward to Gordon sitting out the first play of the game. Max the first drive.

No Bell for PIT, this is a definite winner at home. They aint sitting nobody.

He's going super early in my recent drafts. Someone took him at the 3.08 yesterday ($275 league!).  

If he dropped to the 7th I would give him a look for sure but he's long gone by then... he hasn't been available past the 5th in any of my leagues.

i have to get him. I cant imagine having him in only 1 of my 2 leagues. 

there's one other gordon fan who i know will try to snag him. I feel nauseous
On the bright side, you have no reason to be nauseous. 
Nauseated, maybe. But you missing out on Gordon won't make anyone else sick.  :P

Users who are viewing this thread