What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (9 Viewers)

GOT 'EM!!!!!

Thank god, I played a risky, risky game and caught him in the 6th, as my WR3. 

Proud owner in 2/2 big $ leagues. :D
Good for you, Soulfly. Happy for you. 

I will be playing no waiting game tonight. My league is known for reaching like this because we're a bunch of libertarian druggies who hate the man, as it were.  

I didn’t plan on having any shares but there he was in the 7th round of a 12 team standard last night so I grabbed him as my WR3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly am not sure why I waited, was considering nabbing him in rnd 3, but something just told me that for once, other guys were gonna lay off (same league for 15+yrs, all best of friends)

just had the feeling.... and it panned out

Gordon is absolutely boom or bust.  I love the value.  The best part of Week 1 is that he will be entering the game as WR 3,  

According to Football Outsiders, although last year Pittsburgh's pass defense was 7th best in the league, the defense had the most trouble covering receivers that came in off the bench (finishing 25th in the league against #3 WRs). 

I realize that the Steelers are going to adjust to Gordon as if he is the starter.  Just saying.  

4 TDs?  Is it even possible? lol

Are they going to adjust for Landry, Njoku et al as well?

No team can put double coverage on Landry or Gordon this year. That spells serious trouble for DEF

I honestly am not sure why I waited, was considering nabbing him in rnd 3, but something just told me that for once, other guys were gonna lay off (same league for 15+yrs, all best of friends)

just had the feeling.... and it panned out
I reached for him in the 3rd round of my league which is a 14-teamer. My other WRs are Julio, Goodwin, Stills and John Ross. If Gordon pans out, I feel like I will have the best WR corp in the league. If not, feel like I have the depth to overcome it.

Hoping he comes out of the gate blazing.

Are they going to adjust for Landry, Njoku et al as well?

No team can put double coverage on Landry or Gordon this year. That spells serious trouble for DEF
Landry isn't that fast.  Great hands, but not uncoverable. 

Njoku needs to show he can catch the ball consistently. 

Higgins is fast, but has had questionable hands and a limited route tree. 

Gordon could be a star, but he is rough and likely will be rusty.  We haven't seen a combination of freak physical attributes Gordon has combined with the skill to run the full route tree since maybe Moss or Megatron, but it will take time to round back into "football" shape. To get used to the speed.  IMO 

I maintain the team itself is likely a 4-6 win team.  They have a difficult schedule.  They will be improved, but so will most of the teams they will be facing this year.  With NO, NYJ, LAC, ATL, CAR and HOU and DEN out of division, Its a tough road.  

I think there will be fantasy relevance, but we should temper expectations.    

Actually you are right, I did BS. Took him at pick 52 (5th rnd) i got engram in the 6th. 

Gordon is absolutely boom or bust.  I love the value.  The best part of Week 1 is that he will be entering the game as WR 3,  

According to Football Outsiders, although last year Pittsburgh's pass defense was 7th best in the league, the defense had the most trouble covering receivers that came in off the bench (finishing 25th in the league against #3 WRs). 

I realize that the Steelers are going to adjust to Gordon as if he is the starter.  Just saying.  

4 TDs?  Is it even possible? lol
I threw him in a DK line-up. Mike Hilton in the slot should smother Landry but Haden or Burns are burnable.

Not to mention Todd Haley is very familiar with the Steelers so this should be an interesting game.

Yeah, even I'm not waiting around to grab him, though I have him on two other teams. Maybe diversifying the portfolio is better than owning shares of him in everything...hmm..

Grabbed him in my last draft last night in the mid 4th round. He's my WR2 behind Thielen. A bit risky, yep. But I'm on the train. Choo Choo!

Oh, and that makes him on all 4 of my teams. 

Soulfully waiting until the 5th round?  I'm not going to stand for it, we need a new leader who is a true believe and also brings us good luck for a change.

I nominate @4th&inches to grab the mantle and drive this train forward.  Soulfully, you are banished to the caboose.

Soulfully waiting until the 5th round?  I'm not going to stand for it, we need a new leader who is a true believe and also brings us good luck for a change.

I nominate @4th&inches to grab the mantle and drive this train forward.  Soulfully, you are banished to the caboose.
BnB pls. 

SF3 just needed an adrenaline rush. 

In the end, I wouldve traded Saquon for him, if I had to

HA! If I'm driving the train, then @Soulfly3 has to be the train itself!

He is and (I think) always will be the official JG fanboy (This is a compliment).

Oh crap, he got beat out by Callaway for the starting job.  Will be coming off the bench to give the starters a blow.

So I just realized I have no conscious memory or one JG catch so I just watched 6 minutes of YT highlights...dear lord how the hell is so wide open for almost every catch??

So I just realized I have no conscious memory or one JG catch so I just watched 6 minutes of YT highlights...dear lord how the hell is so wide open for almost every catch??

Is very simple.  His movements are incredibly sudden and stealthy.  Undetectable by most humans.

Josh Gordon (hamstring) said he's 100 percent and has no limitations.

Gordon was dealing with some hammy tightness the past two weeks after reporting to the team in late August. He's going to play Sunday against the Steelers but won't start. We still like him as a boom-bust WR3 option.

Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter 

Sep 5 - 12:29 PM

Huge risk to start him this week - hammy injuries are tricky for a speedster (especially one without drugs) and he’s gonna be coming off the bench.

good luck to those rolling him out as your WR2 - especially @Soulfly3 - may your Vaseline supply remain as full as your confidence & Josh Gordon man-crush. 

Huge risk to start him this week - hammy injuries are tricky for a speedster (especially one without drugs) and he’s gonna be coming off the bench.

good luck to those rolling him out as your WR2 - especially @Soulfly3 - may your Vaseline supply remain as full as your confidence & Josh Gordon man-crush. 
He's my wr3 "behind" thomas and evans. #blessed

#Browns WR Josh Gordon on his role Sunday v #Steelers “it’s as big as the coaches want it to be.” Added he’s as locked in as ever and 100% ready to go

What is Josh Gordon’s ceiling? Is it realistic to suggest he could be a wr #1 for fantasy purposes? Or will he be the borderline #3 he was last season?

I took him at the top of the 6th rnd against my better judgement. After the draft to a man everyone involved said they didn’t want the headache that is being a Josh Gordon owner...Personally I’m not expecting too much, but he is an elite talent and I rolled the dice on him.

What is Josh Gordon’s ceiling? Is it realistic to suggest he could be a wr #1 for fantasy purposes? Or will he be the borderline #3 he was last season?

I took him at the top of the 6th rnd against my better judgement. After the draft to a man everyone involved said they didn’t want the headache that is being a Josh Gordon owner...Personally I’m not expecting too much, but he is an elite talent and I rolled the dice on him.
You’re not worthy of owning him for many reasons.

If he plays 14 games, he's a WR1.  Not a doubt in my mind.  Dude is that gifted.

Ceiling WR#1 in the league. Floor DNP.

What is Josh Gordon’s ceiling?

CLE

Games played: 14

Receptions:87

Yards:1,646

Avg:18.9

TD:9

What do you think? WR1 material? Yea he's that good to do this and more. Keep in mind his QB's during that season were Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer & Jason Campbell.

Now the floor...well the floor is pretty far down for this guy.

Yes, that is certainly his ceiling.

I doubt his median outcome is a WR1 for season totals, but I think it might be for number of individual weeks as a top-12 WR point scorer.

CLE

What do you think? WR1 material? Yea he's that good to do this and more. Keep in mind his QB's during that season were Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer & Jason Campbell.

That’s all true, but can the guy keep his life in order long enough to play a full season? I get that he is as talented as any player in the NFL, but can he keep his head on straight (of coarse I’m rooting for him off the field which is far more important than anything he does on the field) long enough to live up to his elite talent? He seems like a genuinely nice and extremely articulate guy. I hope he can get it all together

From NFL.com.

Sit of the Week - Josh Gordon vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Gordon has a boatload of talent, but will he see a full complement of snaps after missing the preseason? That is a huge question, as is what he'll do against what should be an upgraded Steelers pass defense that now boasts a healthy Joe Haden and safeties Morgan Burnett and rookie Terrell Edmunds. I'd temper expectations.

beer 30 said:

CLE

Yeah but he's was lucky to have Weeden, Campbell & Hoyer throwing to him that year

Users who are viewing this thread