What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (9 Viewers)

Noticed there was a post in the Demaryius Thomas thread claiming Thomas headed to NE for a 2nd round pick.
Interest in player is likely real, no way it's for that kind of compensation.  NE is in a very aggressive mode right now but I don't think it has a thing to do with Josh Gordon or unhappiness with him.

@MikeGiardi 24h24 hours ago

Multiple league sources confirm the #Patriots have been active on the trade front for weeks. That’s not abnormal for them. One name that’s been discussed is #Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas. Thomas was drafted by Pats OC Josh McDaniels when he was HC at Denver.

@tomecurran 7m7 minutes ago

New England has kicked tires on more than two dozen players in advance of trade deadline.

Well that would require him to move up from 5th in the pecking order.

:doh:  Never mind.  The scrubs will be playing tonight in mop up duty so Gordon might have a big night after Gronk, Edelman, White, Hogan all hit the shower after the first half. 

So Josh, I know we've joked around for years about you breaking out. But I really need you tonight, man. Down 18 thanks to friggin Diggs scoring 32 against me last night. Really need a Flash Gordon game tonight like the old days. Come on man, I need ya.

Sincerely,

Dyer FF Owner.

Well that would require him to move up from 5th in the pecking order.

:doh:  Never mind.  The scrubs will be playing tonight in mop up duty so Gordon might have a big night after Gronk, Edelman, White, Hogan all hit the shower after the first half. 
I know you are probably not serious but please stop saying this when you know it isn't true.

How confident is everyone tonight? Obviously Gronk is a great option tonight and Edelman has the better matchup. 

Throw in White’s Targets. 

Is gordon the 4th option tonight? 

The Patriots would be shopping for a WR to pair with Gordon-not replace him.
Gronk is getting old, Hogan and Dorsett are not consistent threats and C
Patterson is the gimmick/special teams guy.

How confident is everyone tonight? Obviously Gronk is a great option tonight and Edelman has the better matchup. 

Maybe I view White's targets than everyone else.  I view them as the equivalent of rush attempts and am not sure they take away from overall targets to the WR/TE group.

But for the purposes of your question I am bearish on Gordon this week.  Still, you have to consider starting anyone on a team that puts up 38 points per game.

Local coverage on NFL Live just said Gronk is no lock to play tonight.

Gordon 4th in pecking order? People still clinging to that. Good stuff.

SHARK POOL BABY!

I'm not sure why I root for this guy, but you can only give someone so many chances.  Browns have always been a hot mess, but there should be no excuse for this to happen in a new environment 

This guy is such a colossal screw up. He cant do anything right no matter the tools. He will never play another down if the Patriots cut him...I worry about his life after the NFL and if he will be able to live a long life. Any guy who can have the world and keeps messing up is not going to make good decisions unless he grows up and it doesnt appear that he is capable of that.

All the talent in the world, none of the brains needed to go with it.

Have to believe that Gordon came in on a 1-strike policy. If they do acquire Thomas, Garcon, or another WR on the block... would it shock anyone if they cut Gordon loose?

Best thread in FBG history.

Concerns pregame, he goes off in 3 quarters and ppl won't know what to do. 

I want him to go off simply for that reason. 

Tom Brady raves about Josh Gordon. "The WR position in our offense takes years for most guys to understand & learn nuances & intricacies of not only our plays, but how to get open within the scheme, how to gain my trust, and he's done it in such a short period of time." #Patriots
Tommy needs to stop raving about him and set his alarm clock instead 

Everyone needs to press the brakes a bit. He was late to a meeting most likely and they are just showing its not acceptable. It happened to revis and malcolm brown. Revis got sent home for the day and brown was benched a whole game. So it could be looked as a positive that they like him so much that they only will bench him 1q and not the whole game.

Edit: randy moss was also displined for being late so it happens to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
This drama is unfolding.  He's been late twice this week.  And you can't do that unless you communicated and received permission to do so.  Now it makes sense why they are looking for WR depth.  The Patriots do not put their eggs in one basket and they will move on without hesitation.

"Josh Gordon was reportedly tardy at least twice this past week leading up to Monday night's game in Buffalo.

The Athletic's Jeff Howe earlier reported Gordon was late for the Patriots' Sunday trip to Buffalo, and Kevin Duffy of the Boston Herald reported Gordon "showed up late to a meeting last week." Things suddenly seem to be trending in a bad direction for Gordon. These reports come one week after Tom Brady effusively praised Gordon for his football IQ and mastery of the playbook.

Source: Kevin Duffy on Twitter"

Everyone needs to press the brakes a bit. He was late to a meeting most likely and they are just showing its not acceptable. It happened to revis and malcolm brown. Revis got sent home for the day and brown was benched a whole game. So it could be looked as a positive that they like him so much that they only will bench him 1q and not the whole game.

Edit: randy moss was also displined for being late so it happens to anyone.
Nah not this dude he was late to meetings n practice in Cleveland that's why he was traded 

He'll get other chances if he blows it with NE.... 

But his chance for success at that point is close to zero. But I fully expect that the franchise will smack him straight

What is wrong with this guy seriously? I mean playing in Cleveland can make you less motivated but he's actually in a good system with a Hall of Fame QB. He's walking on very think ice...

Hope I’m wrong but he’s still gotta be using, right? Traded from Browns and now 2 tardies within a week? Nobody can be that irresponsible and if he is completely sober I have a hard time understanding how he can be making these mistakes still. 

Soulfly3 said:
Brady hyped Gordon literally just yesterday to Boston reporters. I posted the quote earlier. 
Isn't it kind of weird how much his coaches and teamates talk him up? It's like the guy you know who has serious issues so you're always tell him "good job buddy. So good. You're great.youre the best." just to keep him from not blowing up. 

Meh, the people i could sell for are a dime a dozen.  And i didnt invest much.  Ill let this thing crash and burn before i sell for a backup level player. Which is what JG is on my team.  Thanks for your concern in my (our) teams however.

Meh, the people i could sell for are a dime a dozen.  And i didnt invest much.  Ill let this thing crash and burn before i sell for a backup level player. Which is what JG is on my team.  Thanks for your concern in my (our) teams however.
I think the time has passed that you can even get a backup player for him.  The ship has sailed.

Isn't it kind of weird how much his coaches and teamates talk him up? It's like the guy you know who has serious issues so you're always tell him "good job buddy. So good. You're great.youre the best." just to keep him from not blowing up. 
I dont think NE needs or cares to do this to "motivate" a guy. If he aint fitting, they cut him. 

There is a non-zero probability that this is gamesmanship ahead of a division matchup....perhaps linked to continued back issues with Gronk.

I put the odds at 10-15% chance Gordon enters the game in Q2 and puts up 30 fantasy points.

Then again I put the odds at 15-20% that Tate is signed and Gordon is cut tomorrow.

So we'll see....

Bazinga! said:
Are you reconsidering this view based on todays news?
No not really because if Jeff Howe is correct in the radio interview I just heard NE was in overall trade market and specifically the WR trade market before this week, before  Josh Gordon showed up late apparently twice. So while they might not be happy with him today, it's not the reason for their interest in WR or upgrading other positions, they were already interested in doing that.  

Josh Gordon's value will never be higher than it is at this moment in time.  
Unless he goes off for multiple TDs in a game.  Maybe tonight.  

So far, what I have seen is that he has progressed every week.  If he puts up more than 100 yards - I am on board.  Certainly for the season.  The entire organization has said NOTHING but what a great professional Gordon has been.  He is a low end WR 2 at worst.  Any player can go down any week. 

No not really because if Jeff Howe is correct in the radio interview I just heard NE was in overall trade market and specifically the WR trade market before this week, before  Josh Gordon showed up late apparently twice. So while they might not be happy with him today, it's not the reason for their interest in WR or upgrading other positions, they were already interested in doing that.  
 Why does that make you think automatically that Gordon is in trouble?  Ever think that they may want to bring in a mentor for Gordon with a similar body frame?  

What makes you think they aren't considering more 4 and 5 WR sets? (to help the O Line by getting the ball out faster)?

Randy Moss just called Gordon part of the family there and to expect some big plays out of him tonight.  

Sounds like they are cutting him tomorrow. ...

ETA But, you never know.  Everything seems like a big deal with this player. Just got caught up on the tardiness issue. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread