Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

Josh Gordon (hamstring) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Gordon's hamstring looked fine in last week's win over Indianapolis and he should be good to go for Sunday night's showdown with undefeated Kansas City. The 27-year-old was the recipient of Tom Brady's 500th career touchdown pass last week, which was also Gordon's first TD as a member of the Patriots. He'll be in a great spot against a sluggish Chiefs secondary this week, though with so many mouths to feed in Foxboro, Gordon is just a WR3 in fantasy.

Source: Jim McBride on Twitter 

Oct 10 - 5:51 PM

50 minutes ago, Bazinga! said:

4/58 

58 TDs on four catches seems a bit optimistic. 

• Like 3

You have to figure it's going to be a high scoring game Sunday.  Which, of course, means it's going to be a 10-7 final.

• Like 1

If Cooks can't go I'm going to have to go with Grodon. My other option was Jeffrey. That would have been nice. 

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDA8myhhSYo

I think you guys should temper your expectations.  Gordon may miss a series running to Canton.

Im not necessarily saying JG has a big game.  I do expect a ton of scoring.  The Pats are going to need to win this game on offense. 

ETA I am not saying he doesn't either though.  The backfield is a mess for KC.  I do expect him to score a td this game.

Edited by Hairy Snowman

2 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Im not necessarily saying JG has a big game.  I do expect a ton of scoring.  The Pats are going to need to win this game on offense. 

ETA I am not saying he doesn't either though .  The backfield is a mess for KC.  I do expect him to score a td this game.

:lmao:

Just now, Sebowski said:

:lmao:

Are you on record right now to say JG does not score or have a big game against KCs decimated DB corps?

I think he scores and good chance he goes over 100 yards.  

You tell me how NE is going to use zones against Mahomes arm...

19 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Are you on record right now to say JG does not score or have a big game against KCs decimated DB corps?

I agree with you to a certain extent.  As a Gordon owner that pretty much had no choice but to start him last game--while I was happy with his production--I felt like it was still very fortunate production.  Last week pointed his arrow up for me only slightly--but my confidence level is still not super strong. Unfortunately--thanks to fournette--I'm starting him in two leagues again this week.   I feel like this week is basically his "make or break" week for me.   If there was any week where he should have a solid game and be a big part of the pats game plan--it should be this one.   If he does really well this week--I think his value rises meteorically.  If he has a giant dud--we are back to him being nothing more than an upside desperation start. 

50 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

I'm not saying that. 

I'm also not, not saying that. 

• Like 3

Amazing how one play changes everything... if Tom Brady doesn't get 10 minutes to stand in the pocket last week before heaving it up to Gordon, he probably checks it down to Michel and Gordon goes down as a no-show w/ 1 catch for 12 yards.

Having said that... first "post circle of trust" game for the Brady-to-Gordon connection... I'll ride the optimism wave and go with Gordon 5 grabs 100+ yds 2 TDs and Gronk owners more angry than last week's Kamara owners (If that's even possible).

Truthfully still think it's the Hunt & Michel show though.

Edited by Dizzy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dizzy said:

Truthfully still think it's the Hunt & Michel show though.

I think it's the everybody on offense show.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Chaka said:

I think it's the everybody on offense show.

This.  

The Chiefs are playing WRs at CB or Safety to face Tom Brady and their pass rush has injuries.  Mahomes arm has been making the NFL zones look like PeeWee ball and the Pats do not have the personnel to match the KC offense (IMO).

I think this looks like a track meet.  JG happens to be a WR on Tom Brady's team.      

In my lineup with Lockett as flex/wr2 over Drake, Henry & Jimmy Graham.

Since Brady came into the league, NE has gone 23-0 at home against starting QBs that were under age 25. Not sure that is particularly relevant here as most teams haven’t had the offense the Chiefs have. But an interesting tidbit none the less. 

22 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Since Brady came into the league, NE has gone 23-0 at home against starting QBs that were under age 25. Not sure that is particularly relevant here as most teams haven’t had the offense the Chiefs have. But an interesting tidbit none the less. 

That's pretty crazy. 

51 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I don't think it's particularly relevant because Brady doesn't play defense.

1 hour ago, Sebowski said:

I don't think it's particularly relevant because Brady doesn't play defense.

I get that it's the other side of the marriage, but it's still relevant to JG10 and game flow.  

Let's hope for the best.  

2 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

I tend to look at each game independently.  

Mahomes may be the most talented QB to hit the league since P Manning.  It is the arm.  He is able to zip passes between zones unlike any qb I have seen in a while. 

I hate to make this comparison...but Marino is who I keep thinking of when I see the zip. 

Still on my bench. Let's face the facts, last week's touchdown was pretty flukey and you'd be groaning if he didn't catch it.

Gonna let him sizzle for one more week on my bench. Prove it.

23 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

Still on my bench. Let's face the facts, last week's touchdown was pretty flukey and you'd be groaning if he didn't catch it.

Same here.

But my gut says I should be starting him

Going against the gut.  :(

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

I’ve decided to do the same. Went back and forth with Gordon, Cooper, or Calloway as my FLEX. Going with Amari on the every other week theory, but not comfortable with it. Hope Josh has a great week regardless. 

Forget what I posted earlier, I’m back on the Gordon wagon this week. Up against the Barkley owner and need to swing for the fences. Oh yeah! 

• Like 1

I have owned Gordon since the beginning but haven't started him in years. I am starting him this week as my WR3 over C.Davis, Godwin, and Coutee.

• Like 1

Hoo boy. Do I roll the dice and start him over Edelman tonight? 

I think you've got to in standard format.  

Started Cooks and Crowell instead. Still ran away with the game though, but with nothing else to do tonight it would have been fun to have Gordon going. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Hoo boy. Do I roll the dice and start him over Edelman tonight? 

I think you've got to in standard format.  

I'm doing it. Flash in for Edelman. Wish I had played both instead of Cooks.

• Like 1

All I need is floor, and I'm dumb enough to do this. This hobby. Boy oh boy. 

• Like 2

Time to shine. I have him going in 24 leagues tonight.

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

All I need is floor, and I'm dumb enough to do this. This hobby. Boy oh boy. 

If you need floor go Edleman. Don't do this to yourself. Again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sebowski said:

If you need floor go Edleman. Don't do this to yourself. Again. 

Never mind, @rockaction. I can't have fun tonight. You should. Not for you. But for me. For all of us. Start Gordon. Start him and smile. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sebowski said:

Never mind, @rockaction. I can't have fun tonight. You should. Not for you. But for me. For all of us. Start Gordon. Start him and smile. 

Locked and loaded and ready to explode.  

• Like 1