What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

Brady out for the day. Looks Pats have conceded. 3 straight runs and a punt. Guess that's it for Gordon today.

Gordon dynasty owners, would you trade him away for what would probably be a late 1st next year? 1.9-1.12 range? I got that offer today but seems with increased familiarity each week his value will likely only go up from here to the end of the season don't ya'll think? 

Gordon dynasty owners, would you trade him away for what would probably be a late 1st next year? 1.9-1.12 range? I got that offer today but seems with increased familiarity each week his value will likely only go up from here to the end of the season don't ya'll think? 
I don't think it would take me more than 1/3 of a second to reject that. Unless you want to assume he'll relapse back into his drug habits that haven't surfaced for around two years, he's a valuable dynasty asset that's steadily increasing in value. His role is already basically a full time receiver, but as Tom's trust in him grows, he's got plenty of improvement left. The support system and culture in New England seems to be a great fit for him.

I agree Steelers4Life just wanted to get some other opinions. Thank you. I think he fell in the perfect spot, and it sure sounds like he and Brady are connecting on and off the field. 

I don't think it would take me more than 1/3 of a second to reject that. Unless you want to assume he'll relapse back into his drug habits that haven't surfaced for around two years, he's a valuable dynasty asset that's steadily increasing in value. His role is already basically a full time receiver, but as Tom's trust in him grows, he's got plenty of improvement left. The support system and culture in New England seems to be a great fit for him.
Only problem is Brady’s deep ball...

I agree Steelers4Life just wanted to get some other opinions. Thank you. I think he fell in the perfect spot, and it sure sounds like he and Brady are connecting on and off the field. 
For dynasty, I still think he would’ve done a lot better in Cleveland. Baker still has a good deep ball(better than Brady) and he would’ve been targeted HEAVILY there.

Really?  Put up your own projections.  I have been pretty accurate with mine.  How about you?

Btw, I am projecting more ppr fantasy points for Gordon than Dodds, Bloom or Trembly are.  Why dont you ask them the same question.
Sure. I've got 8/105/.8

Sure. I've got 8/105/.8
Yeah, I am bullish on Gordon's IRL football impact but bearish on his fantasy impact, particularly this week which should be an easy Pats win (and going forward I personally feel Brady has hit the wall and isn't breaking through). I still like Gordon this year as a WR3/flex play option but I don't think fantasy dominance comes with the Pats/Brady. 

I still think that in a good circumstance he could be a legitimate WR1 but we overestimated Brady/New England and maybe a Hopkins situation would have been better for us magic football types.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I am bullish on Gordon's IRL football impact but bearish on his fantasy impact, particularly this week which should be an easy Pats win (and going forward I personally feel Brady has hit the wall and isn't breaking through). I still like Gordon this year as a WR3/flex play option but I don't think fantasy dominance comes with the Pats/Brady. 

I still think that in a good circumstance he could be a legitimate WR1 but we overestimated Brady/New England and maybe a Hopkins situation would have been better for us magic football types.
Sure, I've been with Anarchy99 and jvdesigns all along on this, frankly. I just think tomorrow is different. 

Wait. Bull and bear mean opposite things? I'd be equally scared of a bear than as of a bull. 

Guy looks great out there. Production didn't disappear with Gronk out there, and all that's missing are TD's. They'll come.

His fantasy upside was higher being force fed targets and always playing from behind in Cleveland. But the discipline and structure in New England can do wonders for his career and his ability to stay on the field.

Not sure why anyone would complain about that.

Really miss the 20 or so guys who used to post every week about how Josh Gordon was going to be better than sliced bread this week and predict wr1 numbers.  Surely there are some of you left who believe in his awesomeness.

Think we have to hope X. Rhodes out here although from what I'm reading it sounds like there's a good chance he plays. Even if out, apparently the backup is solid as well.

That said, I think if Gordon has single coverage he's going to see targets.

My expectations are not high. Really hope to crack double digits in PPR. And I have to play him since my only other options are DJ Moore (who will start) or A. Jeffery (who I'd like to wake the hell up).

Tough decision this week as our playoffs start.  Right now I have him starting over Carson, C. Thompson, Burton, Henrdon, and Sutton.  I know that's a mistake, but I've held this bust all year and it's tough to cut bait.

Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) is a game-time decision for Week 13 against the Patriots.

Rhodes notably returned to practice on Friday and has built a reputation this season for playing through injury. Even coach Mike Zimmer confirmed that his stud corner "often looks like he's hurt but then he's able to go." Pending being cleared following his pregame workout, Rhodes is expected to run with Josh Gordon throughout the afternoon.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 1 - 11:48 PM

Think we have to hope X. Rhodes out here although from what I'm reading it sounds like there's a good chance he plays. Even if out, apparently the backup is solid as well.

That said, I think if Gordon has single coverage he's going to see targets.

My expectations are not high. Really hope to crack double digits in PPR. And I have to play him since my only other options are DJ Moore (who will start) or A. Jeffery (who I'd like to wake the hell up).
Pretty sure if Rhodes plays expectation is he’ll shadow Gordon.  I don’t think they’re going to double him up either way.

Xavier Rhodes - DB -  Vikings

Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) is active for Week 13 against the Patriots.

Rhodes tweaked his hamstring in last week's win over Green Bay, but he'll gut it out in what amounts to a must-win game for Minnesota. The All-Pro corner will be tasked with shutting down Patriots star Josh Gordon.

Source: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter 

Dec 2 - 3:04 PM

Users who are viewing this thread