What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (5 Viewers)

The Athletic's Nate Taylor projects Josh Gordon to make the 53-man roster.

Taylor's projection comes 16 days after ESPN's Adam Teicher predicted Gordon would be on the outside looking in. Per Taylor, the coaching staff believes Gordon can "be a nice target for Patrick Mahomes in limited opportunities." Gordon apparently impressed during the offseason program after his uninspiring 2021-22 53-man roster cameo. What is clear is that, on the team or not, Gordon is being viewed as a strict role-playing option for his age-31 campaign. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Jul 7, 2022, 3:13 PM ET

He probably gets cut but his last year or two is a pretty cool story of chasing a dream he self defeated.

The Chiefs added a bunch of free agent WRs we all know and it reads like someone from a different era competing for a spot with someone from the current era.

The Jaguars had a WR that played when Gordon did. I thought he had oddly similar great talent and he too was suspended and often discussed. What was his name? Did Brunell throw to him? I remember discussing their suspensions and FF and it feels like a million years ago.

That Gordon is competing with MVS is like where's Michael J Fox and the time traveling car

He probably gets cut but his last year or two is a pretty cool story of chasing a dream he self defeated.

The Chiefs added a bunch of free agent WRs we all know and it reads like someone from a different era competing for a spot with someone from the current era.

The Jaguars had a WR that played when Gordon did. I thought he had oddly similar great talent and he too was suspended and often discussed. What was his name? Did Brunell throw to him? I remember discussing their suspensions and FF and it feels like a million years ago.

That Gordon is competing with MVS is like where's Michael J Fox and the time traveling car
Justin Blackmon

https://www.profootballhistory.com/what-happened-to-justin-blackmon/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to calculate an exact number with 100% certainty. But if my math is right, since his standout season in 2013, Gordon has 115 receptions to go along with numerous suspensions totaling approximately 80 games. That's not an opinion or commentary . . . just illustrating how unfortunate Gordon's career has played out since having one of the greatest breakout seasons by a WR ever.

It's hard to calculate an exact number with 100% certainty. But if my math is right, since his standout season in 2013, Gordon has 115 receptions to go along with numerous suspensions totaling approximately 80 games. That's not an opinion or commentary . . . just illustrating how unfortunate Gordon's career has played out since having one of the greatest breakout seasons by a WR ever.
It is a shame on some level that most of his suspensions resulted from something that's now legal in a growing number of States. It's not like he was feeling up 245 massage therapists or raping college girls in bathrooms.

It's wild to look at Josh Gordon's actual career. Has anyone created more of an unearned reputation from a single dominant season than Gordon?

What's interesting to me, as much as we naturally make this about drugs derailing his career, was he ever that player? His 5 games post-2013 and pre-suspension were just as mediocre as the rest of his career. Guy was more Peyton Hillis than anything else.

I’m very concerned as to what this means for Philips chances of playing tonight.

For now I’ve got Gabe Davis ~> Philips.

And the only dude I can drop for Crowder is Philips - who I’d rather not drop. For a scrub like Crowder.

Man I hope one of them plays.
:kicksrock:

I’m very concerned as to what this means for Philips chances of playing tonight.

And the only dude I can drop for Crowder is Philips - who I’d rather not drop. For a scrub like Crowder.

How close is your game? Is taking a donut an option?

How close is your game? Is taking a donut an option?
Thanks to Russ Wilson, Barkley & a number of other underachievers, I’m down 48 with 5 YTP (JJefferson, Rousseau, David Long, and Harrison Smith) + WR-X

My opponent hads Denielle Hunter.

So I’d say it’s too close to risk a 0.

Bills by 20 now, this is always the desperate act of a team searching for something that isn't there any more.
So a 14-point swing? Bills were going to win by 34 prior to this. Gordon has THAT BIG an impact when he's on the field!
I know what you mean but the Bills were 10 point favs, this just reeks of desperation and we know the replacements for AJB thus far have struggled throughout camp and preseason, there haven't been many glowing reviews.

Bills by 20 now, this is always the desperate act of a team searching for something that isn't there any more.
So a 14-point swing? Bills were going to win by 34 prior to this. Gordon has THAT BIG an impact when he's on the field!
I know what you mean but the Bills were 10 point favs, this just reeks of desperation and we know the replacements for AJB thus far have struggled throughout camp and preseason, there haven't been many glowing reviews.
I was joking. If you followed along across the Gordon thread for however many years, let's just say that I mentioned multiple times that people were chasing past glory. Gordon hasn't moved the needle for years. I suspect they are only making him active as a last resort / last WR off the bench if needed scenario. I don't expect him to see much action (if any). When was the last time someone was elevated on game day that made a fantasy impact in that game? There must be some examples, but I can't remember many. Kristian Wilkerson got called up for a game late in the season by NE and put up 4-42-2 . . . but what sane individual would have played him for fantasy purposes? I can't remember the details . . . he may have been called up the week before. But same day call ups that were productive? I am drawing a blank.

Guess Gordon didn’t impact the 34 point margin at all.

Users who are viewing this thread