Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

1 hour ago, travdogg said:

I think 5-7 targets a week isn't unreasonable, especially with likely constant 1-on-1 coverage against 3rd CB's.

I think he'll see 5-7 snaps.

• Laughing 2

2 hours ago, travdogg said:

I don't know why people keep saying he has done nothing since 2013. Gordon was a solid starter last season.

Do people feel if they keep saying this it will suddenly become true? Or is it just a self-justification thing where folks have a complete inability to admit they made a poor choice hanging on to him for years? I simply don't get it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pantherclub said:

Soulfly hasnt posted in a month

He destroyed Mayfield too.  His work is done.

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

Do people feel if they keep saying this it will suddenly become true? Or is it just a self-justification thing where folks have a complete inability to admit they made a poor choice hanging on to him for years? I simply don't get it.

He's motivated this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcWo8Y00bFk

2 hours ago, pantherclub said:

Soulfly hasnt posted in a month

Owned 

3 hours ago, -fish- said:

I think he'll see 5-7 snaps.

Is this schtick or what you really believe? I think he will see a lot of snaps. The Seahawks base set is 3 WRs. He is the 3rd WR, the 2nd outside WR, in those sets. I expect him to play more than 50% of the offensive snaps when healthy. Maybe not in his first game with the team, but after that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travdogg said:

I don't know why people keep saying he has done nothing since 2013. Gordon was a solid starter last season. Yeah, he wasn't the overall #1 WR he was in 2013, but saying he did nothing is just being silly. 

I don't think anyone, anyone rational anyway, was ever expecting Gordon to hit those 2013 numbers again, but he's been a solid option pretty much whenever he has played. Its entirely possible he finds his way into WR3 value, and from an NFL standpoint, its a no-risk, high reward move by Seattle. 

If I were hurting for a WR, I'd think he's worth a look off waivers. He's now part of the best passing game in the NFL, and one that is throwing more and more, since they have almost zero defense. I think 5-7 targets a week isn't unreasonable, especially with likely constant 1-on-1 coverage against 3rd CB's.

Whaaat? LMAO.

4 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Gordon averaged 70 yards per game as a starter last season. That is the same as Kenny Golladay, Cooper Kupp, and Julian Edelman did that season. I'm not saying Gordon is an elite player by any means, but people saying he is washed up are delusional, or just have some kind of hate boner for the guy. 

I have no attachment to Gordon, but its crazy to me the amount of people who just want to completely write off a guy for no good reason. I think some people just get a lot of bitterness or hatred for some reason, and want to see guys fail. You see the same thing in the Cam Newton thread, and in the Beckham one as well. As soon as there is a slump, or injury, or whatever, its this guy sucks, and has sucked for years. 

• Like 2

New Seahawks WR Josh Gordon was limited in Thursday's practice with an ankle issue.

It was Gordon's knee that ended his Patriots career a few weeks ago. The "limited" session suggests he's still on track to make his Seattle debut Monday evening against the 49ers, and coach Pete Carroll suggested as much. No higher than third on the depth chart, Gordon is a low-upside WR5 for Week 10.

Nov 7, 2019, 8:00 PM ET

Seahawks WR Josh Gordon will be a game-time decision for Week 10 against the 49ers.

Gordon was left off the injury report but that doesn't guarantee him a spot in the starting lineup. When asked about Gordon's availability, coach Pete Carroll said, "There’s a good chance" he'll play, but he's taking a "wait-and-see" approach since Gordon is new to the offense. With Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf both playing well, Gordon isn't expected to see many targets in the next couple of weeks. It's best to keep Gordon on the bench in season-long leagues with so much up in the air right now.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Nov 9, 2019, 5:41 PM ET

Surely THIS will be his big chance to turn it around.

• Laughing 1

I don't think anyone is arguing that Gordon is anything but a flier for a WR3 at this point, and that's if everything breaks right for him in Seattle. Their incorporation of Hollister at the TE position and the amount they throw will definitely cap his production.

This is really retread city. 

Edited by rockaction

I watched film of 2 Gordon games from earlier this season and a few things really stood out to me...

Corners still gave him a big cushion, and at least early in the season, he was eating up that cushion pretty quickly with surprising acceleration off the line.

On almost every short and intermediate target to any WR, Brady threw the ball low and away from the defender; in the week 3 Jets game, at least 3 incompletions to Gordon were thrown below his knees and at or behind Gordon while Gordon was running with pace - an quite difficult catch for a 6'3" size/speed WR to make. On almost every intermediate or deep throw, Gordon was left waiting for the ball to arrive, giving defenders chances to recover and/or make better plays on the ball - Brady doesn't have the arm strength to consistently make accurate throws downfield. 

Gordon had some trouble catching the ball in traffic/through contact, though this appeared to be a combination of Brady's inaccurate passing downfield and Gordon's rust vs age. 

Russell is a much better downfield QB than Brady, and neither Moore nor Brown pose any real obstacle to Gordon seeing snaps or targets. 

In fantasy terms, Wilson is likely to see a little bump in production given (edit) given Gordon representing an upgrade over Brown and Moore and an end of season schedule that will require more offensive production.

Moore and Brown go from unrosterable in all but the deepest leagues to unrosterable in even the deepest leagues.

If Gordon is worthy of more than the 4 targets a game that Moore+Brown averaged, I imagine Lockett will have a marginal decrease in opportunity combined with a marginal increase in efficiency resulting in similar overall production.

Gordon might draw a target or two away from Metcalf as well, but if Gordon is demanding more targets than Metcalf, Metcalf is likely to see the 3rd DB or a safety in coverage and should be able to take advantage with an increase in efficiency - and I expect similar fantasy production going forward. The team will likely continue to develop Metcalf with a high percentage of snaps counts.

So my Gordon prediction is the 4 targets per game from Moore/Brown, plus 2 targets per game because he's much better than either of them , a 65% catch rate because Wilson is more accurate than Brady, an avg YPC of 17.5 (Gordon's average over 17 games in NE) and 0.5 TD per game (Wilson throws 1 TD every 13 attempts). 

After the bye, I think a decent median prediction is an average of 4 catches, 70 yards, 0.5 TD per game (12 pts PPR), with quite high variance from game to game (basically what I expect from Metcalf the ROS). If Gordon is the same player physically that I saw in the Jets game, with Wilson's accuracy on the deep ball, I think there is a little more upside. 

Edited by xrayveggin
cleaning up original post

3 hours ago, xrayveggin said:

I watched film of 2 Gordon games from earlier this season and a few things really stood out to me...

Corners still gave him a big cushion, and at least early in the season, he was eating up that cushion pretty quickly with surprising acceleration off the line.

On almost every short and intermediate target to any WR, Brady threw the ball low and away from the defender; in the week 3 Jets game, at least 3 incompletions to Gordon were thrown below his knees and at or behind Gordon while Gordon was running with pace - an quite difficult catch for a 6'3" size/speed WR to make. On almost every intermediate or deep throw, Gordon was left waiting for the ball to arrive, giving defenders chances to recover and/or make better plays on the ball - Brady doesn't have the arm strength to consistently make accurate throws downfield. 

Gordon had some trouble catching the ball in traffic/through contact, though this appeared to be a combination of Brady's inaccurate passing downfield and Gordon's rust vs age. 

Russell is a much better downfield QB than Brady, and neither Moore nor Brown pose any real obstacle to Gordon seeing snaps or targets. 

In fantasy terms, Wilson is likely to see a little bump in production given (edit) given Gordon representing an upgrade over Brown and Moore and an end of season schedule that will require more offensive production.

Moore and Brown go from unrosterable in all but the deepest leagues to unrosterable in even the deepest leagues.

If Gordon is worthy of more than the 4 targets a game that Moore+Brown averaged, I imagine Lockett will have a marginal decrease in opportunity combined with a marginal increase in efficiency resulting in similar overall production.

Gordon might draw a target or two away from Metcalf as well, but if Gordon is demanding more targets than Metcalf, Metcalf is likely to see the 3rd DB or a safety in coverage and should be able to take advantage with an increase in efficiency - and I expect similar fantasy production going forward. The team will likely continue to develop Metcalf with a high percentage of snaps counts.

So my Gordon prediction is the 4 targets per game from Moore/Brown, plus 2 targets per game because he's much better than either of them , a 65% catch rate because Wilson is more accurate than Brady, an avg YPC of 17.5 (Gordon's average over 17 games in NE) and 0.5 TD per game (Wilson throws 1 TD every 13 attempts). 

After the bye, I think a decent median prediction is an average of 4 catches, 70 yards, 0.5 TD per game (12 pts PPR), with quite high variance from game to game (basically what I expect from Metcalf the ROS). If Gordon is the same player physically that I saw in the Jets game, with Wilson's accuracy on the deep ball, I think there is a little more upside. 

More likely he gets stoned and is late to practice.

Also if you remove Gordon's catch rate from Brady's stats and assign it to Wilson's stats, they end up about the same accuracy.

If you own Gordon and a someone will still buy in dynasty, you're insane not to sell. 

This is probably your last ever sell window. 

3 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

If you own Gordon and a someone will still buy in dynasty, you're insane not to sell. 

This is probably your last ever sell window. 

Trade deadline passed in my league last night.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

More likely he gets stoned and is late to practice. 

Also if you remove Gordon's catch rate from Brady's stats and assign it to Wilson's stats, they end up about the same accuracy.

the first comment I'll just dismiss out of hand, because everyone already has that risk baked into their projections.

As for the second comment, Wilson's Average Intended Air Yards is 9.7 vs Brady's 7.2, and Wilson's Completed AIr Yards is 7.6 vs Brady's 5.6. So Wilson is throwing the ball on average 2 yards further per attempt, and completing at a 4% higher rate, and WIlson has thrown 22 TD on 293 passes compared to Brady's 14 on 355 passes. 

If you think Brady has anywhere close to the intermediate and downfield accuracy of Wilson, or remotely close to the same velocity, you are as blind as Gordon is high.

Anyway, I think Gordon is a viable WR3 after the bye week, with upside to be a WR2. 

4 hours ago, xrayveggin said:

This seems like a highly optimistic projection, as Metcalf is only averaging ~58 yards per game as the #2 (with Wilson performing at a career best pace). So I'm pretty skeptical that Gordon is going to eat that much as the clear #3. 

12 minutes ago, xrayveggin said:

the first comment I'll just dismiss out of hand, because everyone already has that risk baked into their projections.

As for the second comment, Wilson's Average Intended Air Yards is 9.7 vs Brady's 7.2, and Wilson's Completed AIr Yards is 7.6 vs Brady's 5.6. So Wilson is throwing the ball on average 2 yards further per attempt, and completing at a 4% higher rate, and WIlson has thrown 22 TD on 293 passes compared to Brady's 14 on 355 passes. 

If you think Brady has anywhere close to the intermediate and downfield accuracy of Wilson, or remotely close to the same velocity, you are as blind as Gordon is high.

Anyway, I think Gordon is a viable WR3 after the bye week, with upside to be a WR2. 

So you've got him passing D.K. Metcalf on the depth chart?

Just now, Dizzy said:

So you've got him passing D.K. Metcalf on the depth chart?

After the bye, I think Metcalf and Gordon will have very similar snap counts and targets. Metcalf is at 80% of snap counts, 6 targets per game through 9 games. I'm predicting Gordon takes Brown (28%) and Moore (53%) snap counts to get around 80%, and gets their targets (4 per game) plus gets 2 more targets per game as the team will need to pass a little more down the stretch due to better competition than they've faced in the first half of the season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

30 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He's finally made it to a quality organization, green pastures and blue skies ahead 

:bowtie:

Next time, Lucy will let Charlie Brown kick the football. No, really. It’s bound to happen eventually. 

• Laughing 2

I said it two pages ago, I'll say it again. If Gordon puts in a lot of work in practice and in game on his blocking and route running (the thing Carroll loves with his WRs) the results will pay off for him. But woe to his future if he's lazy or slacks off... Pete Carroll doesn't care about your pedigree or size if you don't do your job/get results, just ask Rashaad Penny.

Edited by The Frankman

On 11/10/2019 at 12:06 PM, xrayveggin said:

Keep smoking what Gordon smokes.

I can’t believe people are still handicapping this turd. LOL. Some people will never learn.

Edited by Todem

3 hours ago, xrayveggin said:

:lmao:

Gordon hasn't been a WR3 on his own team in a half decade much less a ff WR3.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

you just don't do any research at all, do you?

Just last season, he WAS the WR2 in NE, even though he played fewer games than Hogan, Dorsett, and Patterson, he outpaced all of them in targets, receptions, and yards. And even though he only was on the team for 11 games, he played more snaps than Dorsett and Patterson, earning the 3rd most snaps among WRs despite playing in fewer games than any other WR.

Gordon played in 2 fewer games than Gronkowski and had more yards than Gronk.

Gordon led the team in yards per target and yards per reception by a comfortable margin.

He was easily the 2nd most productive WR on the Patriots in 2018.

In half PPR leagues, in weeks 4-14 as a Patriot, he averaged the 26th highest points per game among all WRs. He was a very startable WR3. He would've rated a bit lower in full PPR leagues and a bit higher in 0 PPR.

Based on recent history, there's a pretty high (pun intended) probability that Gordon will outscore any other player available right now on your waiver wire in weeks 12-17. And if he's available, he costs nothing.

37 minutes ago, xrayveggin said:

you just don't do any research at all, do you?

Just last season, he WAS the WR2 in NE, even though he played fewer games than Hogan, Dorsett, and Patterson, he outpaced all of them in targets, receptions, and yards. And even though he only was on the team for 11 games, he played more snaps than Dorsett and Patterson, earning the 3rd most snaps among WRs despite playing in fewer games than any other WR.

Gordon played in 2 fewer games than Gronkowski and had more yards than Gronk.

Gordon led the team in yards per target and yards per reception by a comfortable margin.

He was easily the 2nd most productive WR on the Patriots in 2018.

In half PPR leagues, in weeks 4-14 as a Patriot, he averaged the 26th highest points per game among all WRs. He was a very startable WR3. He would've rated a bit lower in full PPR leagues and a bit higher in 0 PPR.

Based on recent history, there's a pretty high (pun intended) probability that Gordon will outscore any other player available right now on your waiver wire in weeks 12-17. And if he's available, he costs nothing.

Game 4 - 5th in rec stats

Game 5 - 3rd, 0.3 in front of WR4

Game 6 - 5th

Game 7 - 3rd

Game 8 - 3rd, 1 pt ahead of 4 and 5

Game 9 - 1st

Game 10 - 2nd

Game 11 - 3rd

Game 12 - 2nd

Game 13 - 3rd

Game 14 - 7th

Game 15 forward...couldn't make it to work

Over 11 games he averaged 3.4th on his team in receiving stats.

52 minutes ago, xrayveggin said:

Based on recent history, Gordon produces around WR70-80 in the fantasy playoffs.  There are likely guys on the wire you've never heard of that out produce him.

11 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He's finally made it to a quality organization, green pastures and blue skies ahead 

:bowtie:

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Game 4 - 5th in rec stats

Game 5 - 3rd, 0.3 in front of WR4

Game 6 - 5th

Game 7 - 3rd

Game 8 - 3rd, 1 pt ahead of 4 and 5

Game 9 - 1st

Game 10 - 2nd

Game 11 - 3rd

Game 12 - 2nd

Game 13 - 3rd

Game 14 - 7th

Game 15 forward...couldn't make it to work

Over 11 games he averaged 3.4th on his team in receiving stats.

He was the WR2 in fantasy point production during the time, averaging more points than any WR except Edelman. I don't know a single league that uses ordinal ranking of production as a way of scoring. Why are you? Trying really hard to find a way to not be wrong even though you are?  Just trolling?

In zero, half, and full PPR leagues, he was the 2nd most productive WR on his team in total fantasy points and weekly average fantasy points during those 11 weeks. That's WR2 production on his team. That's an absolute fact, and inarguable. He was the 26th WR in the entire NFL in points per game in half PPR leagues. That's high end WR3 production in the entire league. That's an absolute fact, and inarguable.

I'm not trying to convince you to roster him. But damn straight I'll call you out for your unfounded, unresearched, and absolutely and inarguably false statement:

21 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

The argument to roster him is as follows:

He costs nothing to roster

He's got a clear path to the 3rd most targets per week on the team after the bye week (JBrown and DMoore are below replacement level players, the TE situation is very average or less than average, and there is a not a pass catching RB stealing targets).

He's on a top 4 offense in passing efficiency.

The offense scores the 7th most points per game in the NFL, with the 7th worst scoring kicking game (FG), and the 7th worst FG% kicker in the NFL.

His QB leads the NFL in passing TDs, and has been top 5 in passing TDs for the past 3 seasons.

His QB is top 5 attempted air yards and completed air yards, and has consistently been in the top 5 in the NFL in deep downfield passing efficiency for his entire career.

From weeks 12-16 where it might make sense to start Gordon they face defenses that are decidedly worse against the pass and better against the run (excepting Carolina in week 15): wk12 Phi 4% pass/ -18% run

wk13 Min -2% pass/ -17% run

wk14 LAR 3% pass/-23% run

wk16 Ari 29% pass/-5%run

And the icing on the cake, the defense is 27th in DVOA and gives up the 7th most points per drive and 10th most points per game. The offense will need to score points to win.

Will he fail a drug test in the next few seasons? Perhaps, probably, very likely? I don't know. He's been clean for 2 years now. Does he have a failed drug test that is in the appeal process that we are unaware of? no way to know, but possible for sure. WIll he fail a drug test within 8 weeks of landing in Seattle? unlikely, but probably wouldn't matter because the appeals process will take more than 6 weeks to pan out.

But for the next 6 weeks, I think Gordon could help out ff managers who need depth at the WR position, and there's a chance he could be a major contributor in a week 16 championship game against the 28th rated Arizona pass defense.

41 minutes ago, xrayveggin said:

He was the WR2 in fantasy point production during the time, averaging more points than any WR except Edelman. I don't know a single league that uses ordinal ranking of production as a way of scoring. Why are you? Trying really hard to find a way to not be wrong even though you are?  Just trolling?

In zero, half, and full PPR leagues, he was the 2nd most productive WR on his team in total fantasy points and weekly average fantasy points during those 11 weeks. That's WR2 production on his team. That's an absolute fact, and inarguable. He was the 26th WR in the entire NFL in points per game in half PPR leagues. That's high end WR3 production in the entire league. That's an absolute fact, and inarguable.

I'm not trying to convince you to roster him. But damn straight I'll call you out for your unfounded, unresearched, and absolutely and inarguably false statement:

The argument to roster him is as follows:

He costs nothing to roster

He's got a clear path to the 3rd most targets per week on the team after the bye week (JBrown and DMoore are below replacement level players, the TE situation is very average or less than average, and there is a not a pass catching RB stealing targets).

He's on a top 4 offense in passing efficiency.

The offense scores the 7th most points per game in the NFL, with the 7th worst scoring kicking game (FG), and the 7th worst FG% kicker in the NFL.

His QB leads the NFL in passing TDs, and has been top 5 in passing TDs for the past 3 seasons.

His QB is top 5 attempted air yards and completed air yards, and has consistently been in the top 5 in the NFL in deep downfield passing efficiency for his entire career.

From weeks 12-16 where it might make sense to start Gordon they face defenses that are decidedly worse against the pass and better against the run (excepting Carolina in week 15): wk12 Phi 4% pass/ -18% run

wk13 Min -2% pass/ -17% run

wk14 LAR 3% pass/-23% run

wk16 Ari 29% pass/-5%run

And the icing on the cake, the defense is 27th in DVOA and gives up the 7th most points per drive and 10th most points per game. The offense will need to score points to win.

Will he fail a drug test in the next few seasons? Perhaps, probably, very likely? I don't know. He's been clean for 2 years now. Does he have a failed drug test that is in the appeal process that we are unaware of? no way to know, but possible for sure. WIll he fail a drug test within 8 weeks of landing in Seattle? unlikely, but probably wouldn't matter because the appeals process will take more than 6 weeks to pan out.

But for the next 6 weeks, I think Gordon could help out ff managers who need depth at the WR position, and there's a chance he could be a major contributor in a week 16 championship game against the 28th rated Arizona pass defense.

Damn you, you make some good arguments.

All I know is that most every week I stated him last year, there were two guys on my bench who outscored him.

I'm not trying to convince you to roster him.

Already did :bag:

Dropped Newton when news of his foot not getting better surfaced and picked up Gordon when the rumor of him going to waivers surfaced.

5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Damn you, you make some good arguments.

All I know is that most every week I stated him last year, there were two guys on my bench who outscored him.

Already did :bag:

Dropped Newton when news of his foot not getting better surfaced and picked up Gordon when the rumor of him going to waivers surfaced.

Good luck. Hope you win Josh a FF championship .. . bong!

Edited by xrayveggin

Rotoworld:

Josh Gordon is active for Week 10 against the 49ers Monday.

Gordon was claimed off waivers last week and will be making his Seahawks debut. It's obviously a tough matchup, and Gordon is unlikely to play a full snap share. Inactive for the Seahawks are WR Jaron Brown, CB Akeem King, WR John Ursua, RB C.J. Prosise, OG Phil Haynes, S Lano Hill, and DE L.J. Collier.

Nov 11, 2019, 6:56 PM ET

1 hour ago, Uncle Leo said:

He will go off in the second half, right?

I thought he looked great on the exercise bike.

Edited by rockaction
Wrong thread

So...Locket is sitting out the final few series tonight. Apparently an injury. 

And nothing here yet? 

This place is slipping. 

8 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

So...Locket is sitting out the final few series tonight. Apparently an injury. 

And nothing here yet? 

This place is slipping. 

I think it's a little like :deadhorse: at this point. 

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think it's a little like :deadhorse: at this point. 

Oh, for sure. I agree. 

It is just that I was shocked that the next beating hadn't begun yet. 😁

• Like 1

Gordon looked pretty good, limited his snaps due to his short time with the playbook, but he still had 2 big catches. 

• Like 1

Josh Gordon caught both of his targets for 27 yards in the Seahawks' Week 10 win over the 49ers.

He wasn't targeted until the fourth quarter, but Gordon made both of his catches count, turning them into third-down conversions. Gordon played behind David Moore and Malik Turner much of the night, but the Seahawks will likely use the Week 11 bye to get him more integrated into the offense. Gordon should be owned wherever he's available.

Nov 12, 2019, 12:50 AM ET

21 hours ago, xrayveggin said:

Will he fail a drug test in the next few seasons? Perhaps, probably, very likely? I don't know. He's been clean for 2 years now. 

Why do you think he left the NE Patriots less than a year ago?

I also strongly disagree with the "he costs nothing to roster" angle. He has costed a roster spot..... since 2013. How many productive games has the guy had after the 2013 season? He has been taking up a roster spot in most of my dynasty leagues since then.

Josh Gordon played 28-of-74 offensive snaps in Seattle's Week 10 win over the 49ers.

He was in on 38 percent of the team's offensive plays, totaling 2/27 with two pivotal third-down catches in a limited showing. With Tyler Lockett (leg) being taken to the hospital and reportedly dealing with a "severe" contusion, Gordon could be in line for more work in a terrific matchup against Philadelphia's secondary out of Seattle's Week 11 bye. 'Flash' should be rostered wherever he's available.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:28 AM ET

On 11/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, BoltBacker said:

Why do you think he left the NE Patriots less than a year ago?

I think he was feeling like he was getting to a place where he would abuse substances again, and decided it was more important to take care of himself than to be there for his team (he was right). It was a smart and mature choice, and it's the kind of positive step you want to see from someone with substance abuse history. If he had tested positive, we would have heard it, and it would have been announced as a lifetime ban, like his prior suspension that lasted 1.5 seasons.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, BoltBacker said:

I also strongly disagree with the "he costs nothing to roster" angle. He has costed a roster spot..... since 2013. How many productive games has the guy had after the 2013 season? He has been taking up a roster spot in most of my dynasty leagues since then.

yes, he costs the last spot on your roster, who for most teams is a completely replaceable player. Gordon may also be a completely replaceable player, but he does have upside in terms of talent (which is not near his peak, but it still apparently good enough to beat Sherman in tight press coverage) and QB/opportunity and schedule, and he is more likely to be relevant in the last 6 weeks of the season than many other players on the waiver wire (most of whom don't have his talent, or his potential opportunity, or his favorable schedule). 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:15 PM, xrayveggin said:

Does he have a failed drug test that is in the appeal process that we are unaware of? no way to know, but possible for sure.

I’ll say this much, I think Seattle would have been aware if this was the case and they wouldn’t have added him. I doubt this is what happened in NE. Someone posted an article in here about how he wasn’t a good fit for Brady in terms of style of play and I thought it made the most sense of anything I’ve read.

• Like 1