What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Longmire (1 Viewer)

Native

Footballguy
Five episodes in, this is turning out to be a very good show. The series is about a Sherriff in a rural Wyoming town that deals with interesting subject matter - Cheyenne Indians, Mexican Cartels, Mennonite/Amish families, etc.

Theres some very good characters on the show including Robert Taylor as Sheriff Longmire, Katie Sackhoff (from Battlestar Galactica) and none other than Lou Diamond Phillips who plays a Cheyenee bar owner whose torn between his loyalty to the tribe and his friendship with the whites.

Show is on every Sunday at 10 EST; you can also catch up online at wwwaetv.com

I guess I'll try to catch up then. I watched the first two but they were slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I guess I'll try to catch up then. I watched the first two but they were slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
It's not AMC-level quality, but the characters, dialogue and storylines are interesting.Alos, nice little touches like this one:The sheriff only drinks Rainier beer, a regional thing now, but in the 70s it was the king in the Pacific Northwest..

Last edited by a moderator:
It has far exceeded my expectations so far. I'll watch all yearand ifvit keeps up the quality the whole way.

The only fault I find in the show is they make the sheriff out into too much of a physical badass - when he looks old and slow.

This show keeps getting better. In addition to the weekly crime-solving/sluething, the show has developed a compelling `mythology` based on the different characters backstories. Music rocks. And Katee Sackhoff oozes with sex appeal. :love:

Not a bad show. What's the deal with him not having a cell phone? He's always having to use someones phone so there is a need for him to own one.

i watched the first episode and was not especially interested. nice idea but bad writing. performances are wildly uneven.

The Hardline said:
Mile High said:
Not a bad show. What's the deal with him not having a cell phone? He's always having to use someones phone so there is a need for him to own one.
He is just supposed to be old school. It is more annoying than anything else.
Coz hes an old fashioned, mountain-man badass :tumbleweed:

I recently found this show on Netflix. I'm enjoying the show, but Absaroka County must have a higher per capita murder rate than Detroit. :scared:

I recently found this show on Netflix. I'm enjoying the show, but Absaroka County must have a higher per capita murder rate than Detroit. :scared:
Was thinking this too. Not every mystery has to be a murder, does it?

Have enjoyed it a lot though, hopefully Netflix does pick it up for S4.

have read about halfway through the book series which I like.

like the show as well. was sad to see a&e cancel it. hope they do go ahead with Netflix and continue it.

have read about halfway through the book series which I like.

like the show as well. was sad to see a&e cancel it. hope they do go ahead with Netflix and continue it.
Sounds like season 4 of Longmire will be out some time this fall on Netflix.

Looking forward to watching these, really liked the show and was disappointed when it was cancelled.

Netflix Renews Longmire for Season 5

http://tvline.com/2015/10/30/longmire-renewed-season-5-netflix/

Longmire will ride again.

Netflix announced on Friday that they had renewed the Western for a 10-episode Season 5, just seven weeks after the plucked-from-the-ashes fourth season debuted on the streaming service.

The Robert Taylor-fronted series originally ran for three seasons on A&E, then got put out to pasture in August 2014. Its third season had averaged 3.7 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, down 16 and 45 percent from its sophomore finale.

Netflix does not disclose viewership numbers.

Season four on Netflix was awesome. Best season so far. And they already announced they'll be coming back for season five.

Just got back on Netflix and this was high on my list. Watched the first two episodes and am loving it. I think the female deputy Moretti is looking better and better by the episode - lots of shots of her from the back in those jeans. But Longmire's daughter needs to go...she drags down the show IMO.

Finally finished catching up last night on Netflix.  Love this show and I'm glad it was renewed for another season.  I hate when series end with a cliffhanger and then never come back.

Awesome show. I really enjoyed the slow pace and appreciate the small town wild west vibe and scenery. Can't wait for season 5, I am guessing it will be released on the same schedule, sometime in the fall. 

They film it all up in northern NM, I'm going to head up there this summer and do a Longmire tour, check out Walt's cabin, get a beer at the Red Pony, see if I can catch them filming.

It was cool to see the Indian cop in Fargo, he did a great job.

Hopefully this thread can make it to a second page by next season. This has to be the shortest thread in the ffa for a quality show four seasons in.

Finally finished catching up last night on Netflix.  Love this show and I'm glad it was renewed for another season.  I hate when series end with a cliffhanger and then never come back.
I doubt we need to worry about spoilers in here, what was the cliffhanger? I already forgot. :bag:

I doubt we need to worry about spoilers in here, what was the cliffhanger? I already forgot. :bag:
Spoiler alert (do we not have boxes anymore?)

Walt messing around with his gal pal while someone is about to walk through his door, flashback montage of all his enemies so we don't know who it is going to be.

Amazing how many murders there are in Wyoming.
That's my only problem with this show.  Tiny town in the middle of Wyoming, but there are tons of murder, an indian reservation, an oil company, a reclusive religious clan, a couple of tycoons, etc etc all in the same proximity.  Most of it isn't that big of a stretch, but the murder every episode is silly at times.

That's my only problem with this show.  Tiny town in the middle of Wyoming, but there are tons of murder, an indian reservation, an oil company, a reclusive religious clan, a couple of tycoons, etc etc all in the same proximity.  Most of it isn't that big of a stretch, but the murder every episode is silly at times.
That's why I lost interest. Would have preferred one murder that carried through the whole season.

msommer said:
There

There's that too. Well up to season four
Yes, the over arching story line was what got me past the weekly mystery, and really grabbed me.  But, even after that was resolved, it was still good television.  Season four became more of a multi episode story line, with smaller off shoot story lines, which I think worked much better.

solid show. not great. but at least watchable here and there.

the "white man/native" tension is too over the top for me, though. yeah, tv so they have to play everything up to extremes but ... egads.

also, Lou Diamond Phillips is a horrible, horrible actor

brohans this show is out in the boonies if they did not put murders in there and made it real life they would spend every episode driving around looking for where the meth is and that would be boring as hell take that to the bank  

Users who are viewing this thread