What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Sanchez (1 Viewer)

Sanchez is so bad it made me think of who could be worse and I thought of the long since forgotten Joe Theisman days. This guy has reached that level of awful, and quickly.

Thanks Mark.

I thought of the long since forgotten Joe Theisman days

The days of winning the MVP of the league, finishing 4th another time, and being a two-time Pro Bowler?

Theismann was a decent/good QB, all things considered. He certainly didn't set any standards for awfulness.
I believe he’s taking about him as an announcer - I actually think he’s good at it and entertaining. I’m not surprised I disagree with frog face though.

I believe he’s taking about him as an announcer

Yeah, I realized that after I typed and posted. I don't remember Theismann being particularly awful, but the standard of what is expected out of an announcer to the layman has certainly changed, so he may very well have been awful in dumbing it down or something like that.

I haven't noticed anything particularly egregious about Sanchez, either, other than he is the butt fumble sad sack. He's better than Orlovsky, whose takes and announcing are truly egregious when they have him on. Another sad sack quarterback turned announcer, but worse than Sanchez in both respects, actually.

Last edited:
I like Sanchez on the broadcast. He’s insightful, clearly understands the game at a deep, fundamental level, and has a pretty mellow demeanor. He’s able to dissect offenses and defense and can break it down to layman’s terms.

He’s like a less goofy/spazzy Tony Romo.

I don’t hate Romo, but he’s a little too excitable & that can be a little annoying.

I like Sanchez on the broadcast. He’s insightful, clearly understands the game at a deep, fundamental level, and has a pretty mellow demeanor. He’s able to dissect offenses and defense and can break it down to layman’s terms.

I don’t hate Romo, but he’s a little too excitable & that can be a little annoying.
I agree that Sanchez has turned into a very solid announcer. Glad to see as he’s always seemed to be a good guy and handled the flak (much of it undeservingly) from Jets fans with class.

The Romo comparison is interesting - Sanchez is quite a bit more even kilter, but I still love Romo’s takes.

but I still love Romo’s takes.
I have to be in the right mood for Romo - sometimes he’s a little too over the top. Like he’d rather make the right guess about what play is coming over providing insight about the actual play that just happened.

But he can be fun, I agree.

I have to be in the right mood for Romo - sometimes he’s a little too over the top. Like he’d rather make the right guess about what play is coming over providing insight about the actual play that just happened.

He’s goofy for sure, but can also be funny - like last week with his “Daniel LaRusso’s gonna fight?!” when Mike White went back in the second time. :lol:

He’s goofy for sure, but can also be funny - like last week with his “Daniel LaRusso’s gonna fight?!” when Mike White went back in the second time. :lol:
That was a classic for the ages, I agree.

I agree that Sanchez has turned into a very solid announcer. Glad to see as he’s always seemed to be a good guy and handled the flak (much of it undeservingly) from Jets fans with class.

The Romo comparison is interesting - Sanchez is quite a bit more even kilter, but I still love Romo’s takes.

I liked Sanchez last night. And I agree - he's been nothing but pure class. He's done a lot of Jet stuff since retiring but I had no idea he was at a national broadcast level.

I liked Sanchez last night. And I agree - he's been nothing but pure class. He's done a lot of Jet stuff since retiring but I had no idea he was at a national broadcast level.
he's not national quality
he was just willing to travel to the snow

Last edited:

he's not
he was just willing to travel to the snow
Also it’s NFL network, so not quite the same as a national broadcast.

I agree with HSG. I like Sanchez in the booth.

Users who are viewing this thread